Rimehold, North Star Tavern: Miscellaneous (Samheen 15th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex may not be the best at the interpretation of others feelings, but she could tell that Scatha was still pissed at her. Hex had enough to deal with with her return home. She had to smooth this over.

Crouching down and placing her hand on Scatha's shoulder..

"Really Scatha I mean it, all that I can offer and do for you while you live and breath on this isle is yours for the asking. Let me get you some mead while you entertain this pretty Waelkyrige child."

Hex stand and walks towards the bar, stopping by Ellena and crouching down while flipping one of her massive braids back over her shoulder...

"I am sorry Ellena, I really should have been there for you."

Hex reaches over when she finishes talking and gives Lirahn a pat on the cheek.

Standing and addressing her family..(indicating to each as she names them)

"This is Ellena, Scatha and Arvana, I count them as my friends ans wish them to be treated as such. They are not strangers to me and as such they should not be treated as foreigners."

Turning back to the Waelkyrige girl she did not know.

"Sorry pretty girl I do not know your name and I have interrupted your conversation. Let me get your ale while you hear Scatha's tales."
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha pursed her lips; Hex seemed genuine enough, but then she'd seemed like that on the ship. Maybe the shock of the shipwreck had addled her brains for a while... Scatha decided to give Hex the benefit of the doubt for the moment, but to keep an eye on her in future. "You can start by bringing me ale rather than mead," she said cheerfully, before turning her attention back to Brynhild.

"There isn't a lot to tell, really - we were on a merchant vessel, the Dark Whisper, sailing from Dort and bound for the Citadel. We had fair weather most of the way, and then a hell-storm brewed up. I've never seen anything like it; waves the size of hills rushing upon us. In the end, one of them snapped our mast, and we were done for; another tipped the boat as easily as a leaf in a stream. We were thrown overboard, and clung to the wreckage, and waited to see where the storm carried us... which turned out to be here." Scatha smiled at the others; "So here we are - and very grateful for the hospitality you have shown us." A sudden thought struck Scatha; "How often do other ships dock here?"
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Thu May 13, 2004 6:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"

Post by Guest »

Arvana listened as Hex made her apology and then turned back and ate her stew. When finished, she stood up, and Hugged her friend, knowing that it might seem a little offensive. "I forgive, Hex. I forgive. But no do again." She smiled and pulled another chair to the table. "Here, sit." Turning back to Scatha, she gives her a quick look and then her attention slowly drifts back to Evan, who has not spoken in a while.
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Ellena listened quietly as Hex offered her apologies and watched as it became plain that Scatha wasn't convinced. However, recognising how hard it must have been to say sorry in front of everyone like that and casting her mind back to her conversation with Hex at the feast back in Dort, what seemed like a lifetime ago now, Ellena couldn't help softening.

She managed a little smile as the woman stopped beside her. "I understand - I think the crash affected us all, so lets just put it in the past." she said.
Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

Post by Brynhild da`Waelkyrige »

Brynhild smiled shyly as Hex made her apologies, then introduced herself. "So you are the infamous Hex that I've heard so much about," she said, her smile broadening into a grin. I'm Brynhild. And I've already met your friends -- they seem really nice. And it sounds like you all have had more than your share of bad luck lately, and I'm glad that you," and she turned her gaze to the three newcomers, "have been able to enjoy what hospitality we have to offer."

"Waves the size of hills?" she asked, changing the subject. "We sometimes have storms here where it's snowing so bad that you can't see your hand outstretched in front of you, so rough weather is nothing new here." She paused for a moment, then blurted out several questions, all at once: "So, what is Dort like? How did the three of you get together? How did you meet up with the elfie-maid?" Then she blushed again at the boldness of her curiosity. "That is, if you don't mind my asking."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex smiled as her apology seemed to go over well. Scatha seemed to hold a grudge for some reason but she could let that slide. Having yelled for the waif of a severing girl to get her Scatha an ale she prepared to sit with her Arvana, calling her family over. Uncustom to the physical nature of Arvana, Hex let a lot slide. Perhaps all this was for the best and she could work on being seen as a more level headed member of the community. She was also glad to see that Ellena was going to forgive her. Hex made enemy's faster then anything else and that was something that had to stop.

The young Waelkyrige had introduced herself as Brynhild, a name that she was unfamiliar with. Brynhild's comment on her 'infamous' nature drew her attention though.

"Brynhild, what is this of my infamous nature that you have heard so much about? Perhaps I am interested in hearing if the stories of me that seem to wag on so many tongues can can keep up with the truth of what I do and have done."

Hex gives her family a look of interest with an raised eyebrow, perhaps this information will prove useful in understanding how people here view her.
~
Anarie Laezuriel

Post by Anarie Laezuriel »

Ajiira brought out the drinks and smiled warmly at the elf. She bent low and gave the Wood Elf a reassuring squeeze on her shoulder.

Lirahn was staring at Hex, until she began talking with her friends and he feared she would spy him staring. Gods! A red head, just like her father. The tall Waelkyridge sported many scars of his own but he liked to think that they made him look more handsome. This Hex was even lovlier with scars. "Scuse me mistress Hex, but I's wonderin if maybe that name was short for somethin longer. Never heard of a three letter name." Lirahn asked politely. He could joke and tease the foreign women to his hearts content, but he knew if he got tangling around with a native woman he'd likely be getting more scars. Female Trothgardians were like hellcats when they got riled up and red heads especially.

Evan choked on some ale as he heard his brothers comment. Damn fool was going to get himself beat up before the days end for certain. "We were plannin on huntin, ye went and got yur good luck kiss, mightin it be better that we leave now." The elder waelkyridge brother chuckled. "Whats the matter little brother, ye scared?" Evan puffed out his chest as he answered. "Of course not!

Hex's family grabbed a table a dragged it across the floor closer to the companions. Not all of her family had come, just two of her brothers all her three sisters and her father. The family now sat around the other table watching their daughter make peace with her "friends" It was rude to interrupt something like that and even the loud mouthed Otto kept himself to himself.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Fri May 14, 2004 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

Brynhild took the mug of ale graciously and took a healthy swig. "Well," she began a little shily, "there was this uproar at the Bergliin hall that all of Trothgard could hear when you came back. And that's when some folks tounges started waggin' -- 'the wayward one has returned,' most said. 'Red hair and a temper to match' was another comment that was bandied about." This was accompanied by a shy, sidelong glance at Sartonis, the red-haired patron of the clan, and another swig of ale. "And some other folk claimed that you had a head harder than the rock of Gymir's Talons." And with that, she promptly buried her face in the mug of ale, slowly draining it.
Last edited by Brynhild da`Waelkyrige on Sat May 15, 2004 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha smiled as the ale was placed in front of her, took a deep swig - and then emitted a tremendous belch. "Sorry," she said apologetically, wiping the froth from under her nose with the back of her hand. "Better out than in. Good ale." She looked at Lirahn, then at Hex, and then at Lirahn again; "You're a fine one," she said teasingly, "sweet talking to us as if we've the finest ladies in the land, and then Hex comes in and you forget all about us, and stare at her like a moon struck calf. Are you going to marry her?"
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Sat May 15, 2004 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex pleased with Scatha's willingness to fit in smiled as her friend belched.

Hex gave her family a long side glance after this Lirahn asked of her name. She gave her sisters a look of Who was here to meet who before turning her attention back to Brynhild.

Giving Scatha a wide smile before turning to Brynhild.

"Brynhild perhaps you should introduce me to this family member of yours. I know I have been gone a long time but last I knew, Trothgard men hunted more than kisses and redheads."

Hex was eyeing this fine man up and down as she spoke. Her tone sarcastic as ever matching the glint in her eyes and the curve at the ends of her mouth. Licking her lips slowly as she looked into Lirahn's eyes..

"Oh and yes my head is that hard, I think that if my father could use my head as an anvil he could make weapons a god could not break."

Hex leaned over to pull Brynhild next to her.
~

Post by Guest »

Arvana watched the scene unfold before her, content on just watching. She gazes upon Evan, seeing that he no longer notices her. Not caring too much, but still a little her, she returns her attention to the rest of the group, and to Hex.
Anarie Laezuriel

Lirahn laughed. "Always did appreciate a lassie that wasn't afraid of a wee bit o' excess gas." He winked at the blonde but his attention was drawn by his cousin Brynhild's new "friend" "Course we know "of" you Mistress Hex, just none o' us KNOW ye. If ye know what I'm sayin. Just curious about ye're name nothin more. Speakin of huntin though, perhaps ye'd like to go with us an anyone else that wants to come along. The more the merrier." He grinned at his brother and nodded at the elf. Evan took a gulp of air before speaking to the Wood Elf. "I heard that elves are good at archery, so maybe ye would like to come with us . . . . Arvana?" He tested her name on his tongue and found that he liked it.

Sartonis watched his daughters friends with curiosity that was shared amongst the rest of the brood. "If we get stood up by the Hei-bjorts I be fer thinking we got enough 'ere to have a three tide long Hen Party." He jibed and the Trothgard men broke out laughing. Gisella grinned, happy that her father had mellowed since Hex first walked into the tent yesterday evening. Kiran just shook her head at her sire's silliness.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Sun May 16, 2004 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Arvana smiled at Evan. "Of course. I be good at Archery. Learned from me daddy, I did. He good at it...." She trailed off, as speaking of her family was still a little difficult for her. Having left them, she regrets not being able to see them as often as she had before. "I love to come. Course, hope Scatha and Ellena, come too. If not, need to know where I meet after."
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

"That sounds interesting," Scatha said enthusiastically. "What are you hunting for? Trolls? And although I'd love to join you, I don't think I'd be much use without a cloak to keep me warm - and something to hunt with." She returned Lirahn's wink; "How many snowballs do you think it could take to kill a troll?" she asked with a smile...

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex wraps her arm around Brynhild's waist and hold her tight. After throwing her head back and taking a long pull on her mug, which almost drains it, Hex wipes her mouth with her sleeve.

Looking at the enthusiasm of her friends she is glad to see that they have once again bounced back from much unfortunate circumstances. Glancing over, Hex pointedly notes Ellena's quiet during the conversation on hunting.

Giving Brynhild a wink, and addressing Lirahn...

"Oaf! Ye have still yet to be introduced and off you go inviting us huntin'. And you should be thumping your chest with pride to have one such as any of my friends kiss ye..."

Hex pauses to drain her mug, slamming it on the table calling attention to it's state of of being empty...

"Now before I stand and rip that beard from ye handsome face, what be ye name and what is this of knowing me?''

Hex's attention swung back to her family, it had been a long time since she had been home to drink mead, ale or any beverage from Trothgard and with a pretty girl on her hip she was in a good mind to enjoy it.

"Did someone say that there was a council meeting today, how many candlemaks till the gathering?"
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Tue May 18, 2004 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
~
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Ellena smiled to see the younger of the two brothers pluck up the courage to actually speak to Arvana, even calling her by name. She considered Lirahn's invitation and shrugged easily.

"I don't think I'd be much use on a hunting trip - unless you count the bringing luck!" she grinned, "I've never hunted before, but if I wouldn't be in the way, I'm willing to give it a try - or at least go along to watch ..."

She looked across at Hex as the woman slammed her empty mug down on the table and she smiled to see the native of Trothguard so happy and so obviously relishing being home. At least some good had resulted from their run of bad luck ...
Anarie Laezuriel

Lirahn looked at Ellena intently, his blue eyes watching her face. "I dinna mean to be rude, but you look almost like a noblewoman . . . perhaps ye be of the Caesar's enovy?" He chuckled at that and even Evan had a laugh. Most of Trothgard had been poking fun at Caesar Anochrim for sometime. "So why do ye travel with those that look like they be scouts or warriors?" He asked, regarding her looks for a reaction.

Evan was watching the red-haired Hex like a rabbit would watch the Hex. How unfortunate that he was seated closer to the woman. He would move if it didn't look so rude. He instead focused on the elf across the table. "You don't talk much Arvana." He stated simply.

Sartonis sat watching his daughter. Pulling a woman onto her lap!? "Hex, me daughter, remember that we be in a public place, mind yerself and yer temper." He scolded gently. "Well ladies, we take our leave. Twas a pleasure meeting ya." He stood and bowed, a formailty he was learning from the customs of Dort. If things kept at the pace they were all of Trothgard would have to learn some more noble things. Kiran stood and bowed as well. Gisella had a worried look on her face. "Do not worry Gis, yur Sigwulf will come by our tents, musta just got busy." The smaller blond nodded slowly. She walked passed her sister and patted her head. "See ya later ye big brat." She teased quietly in Hex's ear before the rest of the Bergliins left the North Star and headed for home.

Ajirra came over to the table. "If you want to go hunting you should get going before the light leaves ya." She cautioned with a passing look at Hex. My but that woman was a presence wasn't she. "Don't you girls stay out too late . . . you go see the Kona tomorrow."
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Ellena's eyebrows shot up at Lirahn's words and she laughed. "A noblewoman! What on earth would make you think that?" she exclaimed, not thinking him rude, but merely surprised at this. "I'm afraid I'm just a humble farm-girl and I suppose, quite a sheltered one at that, so I am only too glad to travel with those more experienced in travelling than I." she explained, shooting a smile towards her friends.

"It was nice to meet you all too." she said to Hex's family with a smile, acknowledging the formality of the patron of the da'Bergliin clan.
Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

Playing Catch-up (Ketchup?)

Brynhild was surprised by Hex's arm around her waist, but she did not struggle. In fact, the embrace was almost comforting and reassuring. "You mean that you haven't met my kinsmen Lirahn and Evan?" she said in mock incredulity as she indicated her fellow clansmen. "Two of the Waelkyrige clan's finest. And going hunting, ye say?" as her tone became almost bantering. "Might I join ye? I'm not half bad with a bow." Then she had to laugh at Ellena's remarks about hunting with snowballs. "Might work if you throw them hard enough and if they have a rock or ice ball in them. Happened to me one time, when one of my brothers did just that and I had a shiner for many days," and with that, she raised her right hand and made to rub an imaginary bruise. "Still hurts when I think about it." she quipped. She was finally beginning to relax when the rest of the Bergliin clan took their leave, leaving Hex behind. She looked up into the woman's scarred face and asked, "Will you and your friends be going with us? It's always more enjoyable to hunt in a group. Besides, there'll be more hands to carry home the meat from a large beast, like a bear or an elk."

Post by Guest »

Arvana smiled at Evan's comment. "Well, you no talk much either." Giggling, she watched the Male facial expressions. <i>Look at me. I am becoming a wreck. Giggling, what's that about?</I> The thoughts flew through her head, like speeding rocks, throwen from a sling shot.
Watching as Hex's family gets up and leaves, she nods to them in thanks of meeting them. Getting up from her chair, she cant wait to go hunting. She hasnt done so in a long while, although, she didnt like harming the animals unless there was a specific purpose. "Wait, purpse for this hunting?" She doesnt want to go hunting, unless they are in need of food or maybe an over population of a certian animal.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha was bemused; she'd asked a question, and everyone had ignored her. Perhaps she should try a little louder. "WHAT ARE WE HUNTING???" she yelled. "AND ASSUMING WE FIND SOMETHING, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO KILL IT WITH?" There was a startled silence, and Scatha went pink with embarrassment; "Sorry," she muttered, and hastily took another swig of ale...

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex's head rolled to one side as she looked back over her shoulder to her departing family.

"Don't worry father, how much possible mischief could I accomplish in one day? And why in the frozen hell are ye all bowing to me?"

Laughing Hex turns her head sharply back to Lirahn but still answering to Ajirra..

"I shall not be going hunting as I have much to do before I see the Kona, trust me sister, I shall be home tonight."

Pausing as she turns her head over to Evan and then back to Lirahn..

"Brynhild my pretty girl, I be thinking that your clansmen have already gone hunting and they have found themselves a pack of trouble."

Quickly glancing at Ellena...

"If you wish not to go hunting I would be more than proud to show you around the village, perhaps things have changed enough for me to learn a thing or two my...."

Scatha's outburst cut her short, the deep crimson on her face made Hex laugh and laugh...

"Next time just smash your mug over their heads, right boys?" Addressing the two men...

"So, what are you going to bring to my dinner table tonight and who is going to catch it for me?"

Hex raises an eyebrow and glances between the two..

"Right now my money is on Brynhild, but I would be pleased if you proved me wrong."

Hex let her eyes dart the way the serving girl had let hers in Dort. Hex was intrigued to see what could be done by using her 'other' charms. Frankly she was amused at the attention and this allowed for her lips to curl in happiness, just enough to move past a smirk to a smile.
~
Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

She was beginning to feel just a little giddy from the hastily guzzled ale and having Hex's strong arm about her waist didn't help matters any. So when Scatha announced, "WHAT ARE WE HUNTING?" at the top of her voice, she broke out into a fit of giggles, which only got stronger at Hex's teasing of her clansmen. "You're right -- methinks that they already have their hands full," and then her giggles subsided into a fit of hiccups, at with she blushed furiously. "Maybe I shouldn't *hic* be going with you *hic* if I keep hiccuping like *hic* this. I'd give ever*hic*y thing away," and again giggles interspersed with the hiccups.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: Where is everyone?

"Well Lirahn? Do you think that Brynhild should spend the day showing me around what new sights are to be found in Rimehold? Humm?"

Pulling the now increasinly intoxicated Brynhild closer to her, Hex relaxes and pulls long on a fresh mug. Pausing...

"What is this talk of the Caesar's enovy? What does the Caesar want to do with Trothgard?"
~
Anarie Laezuriel

"Come if'n ye're comin, don't if ye ain't. Doesn't make no nevermind to me." Lirahn got up from the floor setting his empty mug on the table. He rubbed his belly after a satisfying belch. Scatha's yell made him flinch. We just be huntin elk mostly, gotta get some more meat for the town. I say missy, ye don't be needin any weapons, ya just yell at 'em with that voice yurs and it'll kill em deader than snot." Evan laughed, choking on a bit of ale until his brother pounded him on the back. Ajiira watched this from behind the bar, shaking her head in amusement. "Ye should get equipment though. I'm pretty sure Hex's brother Otto could outfit ye all. He's quite the armorer."

Return to “Trothgard Archive”