Journey to Dort:The Pelagic Horse:Samheen 16th

Moderator: Mods

Isabella Florentina
Countess Companio, "Countess Cabernet"

Post by Isabella Florentina »

Oops

With her hand against her mouth Isabella watched the effect of what she had done, unable to interfer with what her own manipulations had caused. None had acted like this before. Then again, my power has been growing, and growing. I doubt I could have created this effect even a few days ago. There was always something positive to say even in the worst disasters. If Isa had been any other woman she would have vowed to stay away from empathy for ever. A slightly detached voice in her mind wondered what precisely had caused this effect. It must have been the multitide of emotions on this intense level. Perhaps men can handle less of them.

She felt sorry for William, rushing to his side to check for his injuries, but mostly her feeling was one of annoyance. She tried to make sure he could no longer hurt himself, putting something soft below his head. If he had any serious cuts or bleeds she would take care of them first before attending to the voice at the door. "I am coming, one flicker please," Isa called out to buy herself time.

With a sigh she rose, trying to collect her thoughts. Does this mean that Jacob wins? How will I avoid the charge of magick now? Then again.. what did tell of magick perhaps mayhap Bills own story.. which he didn't seem capable to tell himself. Her dark eyes narrowed.

Her face was still tearstriken and Isabella looked all bothered she knew.Let the captain draw his own conclusions. She opened the door and gave the man behind it a worried look "I am sorry. It seems master Irons has had an attaque of sorts. His emotions quite overwhelmed him. There was nothing I could do to stop him."
[size=92][color=darkred] [b][i]
Together they planned a power and a love that would be envied forever.
Who was to know that forever would be so short?[/i][/size][/color][/b]

Post by Guest »

The captain looked puzzled, "An Attack you say?", he looked suspiciously at Isabella for a moment then went over to see Bill.

"He doesn't seem to be injured", The captain shook him and called out his name, there was no response.

"Well he's breathing ok, we'll get him to his room and the cook can look at him. The cook doubles as our doctor", he explained to Isabella.

He waved some men in who carefully lifted Bill and carried him away.

The captain walked to the door and saw a small crowd had sprung up he turned to Isabella, "Well my lady, it seems you have drawn onlookers again, and again it seems none of your doing".

He shook his head puzzlement in his eyes, "I am afraid I must confine you to your cabin my Lady. Until we reach port or until Bill awakens and I hear his side of the story".

As he closed the door, "Please do not try to leave, I will have a guard here who is to refuse entry to anyone without my permission, and not to allow you to leave".

With a bow, he closed the door, and through the door Isabella could hear him tell one of the sailors exactly what he just said.
Isabella Florentina

"I understand captain," Isabella said, inwardly seething, but giving the captain a meek smile while she tried to look vulnerable. She ignored the small crowd, holding up her head high. At least Jacob will be prevented from entering to kill me. A ridiculous argument. No, Jacob would not want to kill her. He just wanted to keep her in her misery, gloating over her and celebrating his victory. Things had deteriorated fast between them and Isa refused to acknowledge her part in it.

Inside she threw herself at the bed, trying to think. Things were fine when she had been in the Citadel. I never should have left. A thought suddenly struck Isabella What if I returned, mentally? I've walked the Aether with Ahren and Robin. I can do this on my own. After all it nearly worked in the dungeon and I've just proven how my powers have grown.

OOC: as we discussed this is a nice way to switch to the other thread ;)

Post by Guest »

OOC:
Post from Side thread copied here to bring thread up-to-speed.

IC:
Isabella

The light got nearer and stronger, and then appeared the Pelagic Horse!

There were but flickers left as Isabella's spirit flashed through the sky and into the ship. Making a direct line for her cabin, there! she saw her body, not as she left it, but lying on the floor.

She slipped her spirit into it regaining control, as she did waves of sheer exhaustion and massive hunger wracked the body. It was hitting her so much it was painful almost too much to bear. The body could hardly move due to being so weak.

However she had just made it, a few flickers longer and there would have been nothing but a dead hulk of flesh to return to.

There was one short flicker to give thanks to her lord, before she sank into deep, deep darkness, not caring that she lay on the ground. Her body was exhausted and no longer cared about comfort. The hunger was there, but the sleep was stronger.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

It was very early morning, dawn well before breakfast when Bill came to stand outside Isabella's room. He came at this time, to see her without Jacob's knowledge, although he was just across the passage, he hoped Jacob would be sound asleep.

He knocked, calling her name, "Isabella".
There was no answer.
he knocked and said her name again, both a little louder.
Still no answer.
Surely she would have heard that?
Throwing away a little caution, he knocked and called her name even louder.
Still no reply.
Now she must have heard that, any louder and Jacob will, if he hasn't already.
Still there was no reply.

Trying the door he found it was fastened, now he was concerned, for there was no way she couldn't have heard him. He knew the locks on the door were quite weak, more for privacy rather than security, so one good strong shove with his shoulder easily broke it and the door was opened.

A worrying sight met his eyes, Isabella stretched on the floor of her room, hardly moving, though he could see she was still breathing.
He entered quickly and closed the door, another thing the captain will be unhappy if he hears about it he thought.
he checked her over and finding no broken bones, in fact nothing to show why she was there, He lifted her up and placed on the bed.

Gently shaking her by the shoulders, her called her name, "Isabella, speak to me, are you all right, what happened to you".

With a sense of foreboding he looked carefully for any sign of response.
Isabella Florentina

Groaning Isabella woke. She was never at her best in the morningtides, and today felt worse than ever. What a major hang over.. The thought lingered as Isabella came to her senses, hearing the urgent note in Bills voice as he stood shaking her. Then memory of what she had done came flooding back to her. The Aether.. Andolin..I did it. But at what price?

"William," Isa whispered weakly as she fluttered open her dark eyes "What happened? Are you alright?"

Post by Guest »

"Me? I'm fine Isabella, a bit of a headache, and I still do not understand what happened to me".
He shook his head, "That matters not, you worry me now, you look like you've been marooned with no food and water for a week, what happened here last night. Can I get you anything"?

He looked to the door, and seemed to stare through it, a steel glint in his eye, "It wasn't Jacobs doing, was it"?
Isabella Florentina

A sudden idea came into her mind, but it was dangerous. I could frame Jacob, claim he raped me or something. Better stick to telling at least part of the truth, though. There was always a chance that Jacob had an alibi.

"Well.. technically this whole situation is Jacobs fault, but.." Isabella shrugged with a tired movement "I can't remember anything from last eveningtide. I must have passed out. Anything could have happened while I was out cold. I think my emotions overstretched themselves. I have this unfortunate tendency to be overemotional."

Isa's face had a wry look "Besides.. it hardly matters now does it? Jacob has made it clear to me that starting today, he'll own me.. not as a Rose. but as a slave, body and soul, for the next five yahren.. I don't think whatever he does from here on will be a very pleasant experience. Perhaps I should remember how I can pass out from time to time. It might come in useful."

Her hand reached out and caressed his face "Sweet William. I just hope his revenge will not stretch out to you as well. He has a vicious streak."

Isabella sighed "When we arrive in port, I will need to get word to the citadel where I am, to my old employer the Master of Protocol, who must be worried sick. If I can manage to escape and get to the temple of Pecunia I will do so. I remember talk of very quick means of communication being available for those who can pay for it."

Post by Guest »

Bill listened in aghast, "Anything?, surely even Jacob wouldn't stoop so low"?

A hint of anger came to his voice, "You cannot let him win, you must fight. I know you asked me to to, remove him, but I am sorry, that I cannot in all conscious do, we must find another way".

He smiled, "Becoming unconscious at will is not so easy you know, and do not worry about me, I can take care of myself, and my family may not be quite as influential or rich as the De Bessnie's but we have friends in high places, he cannot do anything there".
He sighed, "I just wish I could buy this damn contract, but I fear even with family help, I could never meet the price. If he was to sell anyway, which he may not".

He frowned trying to think of what was at Dort, "I only ever leave ship at port on Ships business or to go to the bank for myself. Then I always come straight back. I fear I know little of the place, though I have heard of what you say".

He paused and took her hand and kissed it, "Do not worry, I will ask around and find out if anyone knows where this place is.
He thought a bit more, "Perhaps I may be able to smuggle you off the ship before Jacob realises, I have a few friends on board that may help".

He smiled, "Do not worry about money, I may not have enough to buy your contract, but i have enough to help as needed. Oh, would the Temple give you sanctuary, because that would be helpful"?
Isabella Florentina

Isabella sighed again, still feeling very drained "I don't know William. I thought I knew him, once. That was a long time ago. He was more carefree then, and a great deal less manipulative. Right now.. I don't know what he will or will not do." Or had that been an illusion too? Isa decided that growing up like this, being forced to face certain truths, was no fun.

With a touch of irony she added with a wink "I wish I could read his mind. Now that would save me a great deal of trouble."

The fact William refused to murder Jacob both infuriated her and made her proud of him. A noble streak she could have done without, but he would not be the same without it. So.. he had a will of his own. More's the pity. Isa gave him a wane smile "I apologize for even suggesting it. I was hysterical. I would never really want you to do such a thing." Yeah, right. Black was such a lovely color. It was a prefect scheme if it wasn't for that small lettering in her contract. Damn that Larbeido.

Isabella shortly wondered if she could kill Jacob herself, perhaps using the technique that she had inadvertedly used on William. It was something to keep as an option as least, if all else failed. It was good to know her powers were not without defenses. Perhaps there were other, equally damaging techniques that she was not yet aware of. Nightmares of late kept tugging at her, whispering suggestions on all the things a warrior of the twilight could do where followers of the light would stop.

Now, Andolin had promised her help and William was more or less saying the same things. It was however vital that she return to the Citadel first. "As for the Temple William.. I think there should be one close to the bank. I've always found it so. Apparantly the Duke of Dort operates most banks and he is a great worshipper of Pecunia." The irony was that she would have enough money once she got back to the citadel. Not that Andolin had any, but the little slip of paper in her bodice..

Impusively Isabella decided to take William even further in her trust "I may have something of a warranty that the Pecunia temple may allow me to run up a tab, paying upon arrival in the Citadel." She reached inside her bodice and handed William the crumbled parchement. "Isn't it ironic that the boy found this paper just yesterday?"

Post by Guest »

Isabella

Isabella already weakened by the activity of the night found fatigue washing over her, the effort of talking to Bill without having sustenance was too much and she found herself slowly losing conscious.
She need food and water very soon, or their may be no future.
Isabella Florentina

Suddenly Isabella felt very faint and she fell back in her large pillow "William," she only just managed, "... I need...food." Her skin was uncharacteristically pale, and even to some one who didn't know what was going on it looked as if she had gone beyond the limits of human experience, driving her to exhaustion.

Post by Guest »

Bill was about to read the scroll when he heard Isabella's voice suddenly weaken.

One look at that pale face was all he needed to realise she was in serious trouble.
A quick look around the room showed nothing but the water jug.
"Hold on my love, hold on".
With frantic speed he ran to the door and down the passage, "Christopher, Christopher", he called out to the ships boy. Who dutifully arrived a few flickers later. After a hurried whisper to him, making no light of the urgency, he ran back to Isabellas room.

Grabbing the water jug and a cup, he poured out water and lifting her head, held the cup to her lips to sip the water, thankful she was still alive. All the time cursing himself for not realising just how weak she was.
"Sorry my love I should have realised, Christopher will be here very soon, just sip this".

That moment there was a knock at the door and in entered Christopher, a tray of various foodstuffs in his hand, and a small bottle of rum on top.
The sight of Isabella nearly made him drop it on the floor.

Bill went over and took it from him, "Remember Christopher, no-one is to know of this. No one saw you take the food". Christopher just stared and shook his head. "Ok, shut the door and wait I may need you, I know you have chores, but I will sort that don't worry". Christopher nodded and dutifully shut the door, then stood quietly watching.

Bill took the tray over to Isabella, the first thing he did was uncork the rum and force some into her mouth, it caused here to splutter but he knew it would help warm her inside.

Looking at the tray he saw meats and fruit of various types. Realising she was still weak, he broke off pieces of soft fruits and fed her slowly, until she responded well enough to start helping herself. The rum was ready if she needed more, and he patiently waited for her to start responding.
Isabella Florentina

The water was cool as it slipped past her parched lips. Isa barely had enough energy to swallow, yet with the first drops at least she recovered enough to keep swallowing and not letting it drool all over her too much.

Isabella gave Bill a grateful glance, then closed her eyes again, sinking away in unconciousness till he once again started to administer small sips.

Then instead of cool smooth water something hot and burning poured in her troath and she coughed and spluttered half of it, moaning in protest, feeling very undignified, such a great sin in the eyes of the darkhaired lady. Yet the rum warmed her body as it reached her stomache.

Bill then started to push small pieces of soft fruit on her lips, and she munched without much enthusiasm while slowly her strength returned. The utter paleness of her skin retreated somewhat and suddenly, without thinking she reached for a sip of the rum again.

"That was scary," Isa whispered, and took another piece of peach, "I've never before felt so drained." It would be so very difficult to take another trip in the Aether this gravetide. In fact the ex-Rose doubted she could survive it a second time. To disappoint Andolin however was an equally grim prospect, in part because it would disappoint her. To be in touch with her dark lover had been the one comforting thing in what had been a couple of difficult days. Perhaps tomorrow then.

Isa gave William a wane smile, wondering how much of an explanation he wanted. How little could she get away with.

Post by Guest »

Bill's face took a slightly less worried look as some colour came back into isabella's face.
"Lets sit you up here", he said as he made her more comfortable. He then put some more fruit, and some of the still warm spiced meat on a plate, grabbed a fork, and passed it to Isabella. "There you are, now try and get a bit more down".

He then saw the parchment on the floor where he had dropped it earlier. Picking it up he read it through, his eyes widening at the contents.
Turning to Christopher still standing at the doorway, "Ok thank you Christopher, you had better get the others breakfasts sorted, and remember to keep this to yourself". Christopher nodded, "You can trust me sir" and then left closing the door behind him.

Bill turned to Isabella, in his eyes she could see him wrestling with himself, questions springing up and being pushed down.
He placed the parchment at Isabellas' side and took her hand, "I think I need an explanation of what is going on. It is obvious that you have some sort of power, and that I have not had the whole truth, either from you or Jacob as to what is really going on between you. What really happened last night to me and you, you almost died, I can see that".
He sighed a deep sigh, "I am not going to force you, you tell me or you do not, I will still help you, but even you must realise that I have seen much that raises many questions, questions I should have at least some answers to".

He gave another side as he gently leaned forward and kissed her on the forward, waiting to hear, whatever Isabella would tell him.

Post by Guest »

Unbeknown to Bill, his last knock at the door had awakened Jacob, who had watched through the crack at the edge of the door, and had then crept and listened at Isabellas door after Bill had entered.

For a flicker Jacob almost entered when he realised that Isabella was in a bad way, for despite his attitude of late, he still had feelings for her. However his head overruled his heart as he listened to the initial exchange between the two.

He barely had enough time to enter his room when Bill came out looking for Christopher, luckily Bill was too engrossed in that to notice Jacob's door closing. Jacob stayed in his room until he saw Christopher enter, then quickly stepped out and once more listened to what was said.

In reality he could not hear all that was said, perhaps every other word, but he still managed to get the gist of what was going on.

Once more he skipped back into his room when he heard Christopher being dismissed. He waited until he was sure Christopher had gone inwardly annoyed at missing anything at all. He quickly stepped out, but had barely been there 10 flickers when he heard footsteps and dived back into his room.
A flicker or so later there was a knock on his door and he heard Christopher call out, "Breakfast Lord De Bessnie". Then he heard Christopher walk down the hall to the Bards rooms.

Realising that there would be too many people about now he decided to mull over what he knew. The Captain had told him what had happened to Bill the night before, and he guessed it was something Isabella had done. Then the few things from this morning, What had she done last night he wondered, more magic of course, but it obviously had been bad for her. Then there was that warranty, that he would like to see.

He collected his breakfast from the hall and sat eating, pondering what he knew, and thought he knew.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella would have been furious with Jacob if she had realized he was eavesdropping, even though it is the exact same thing she would have done in similar circumstances. That however is a truth no lady likes to know.

As it was Isabella lay back in the pillows, her dark hair spread delicately around her, as she observed William. I knew it would come to this. He is putting his foot down, however delicately. Just at this inconvenient moment too, when Isa didn't dear tap into her empathic powers to influence the outcome of this conversation. She did not even dared to shield, so she hoped her newest lover would not explode or be incredibly hurt by what she was about to say, for she would be exposed to the full range of his emotions.

"William," she whispered.. "I .. I.. have some delicate magickal powers. I do not know how I come by them. Mostly it just happens to me. I have nearly no education on how to use the energies that surround us, just an instinctive grasp at how emotions influence us all. I absorb them, must shield constantly against them or they will over come me. I have begged," Her voice caught, remembering how Larbeido had laughed away her concern, telling it could wait till she was further in her studies, "begged to learn more of this for it presents great dangers for myself and those around me." Isabella was quite satisfied with how this kept her the victim and observed William from under her dark eyelashes, pretending to close her eyes for a moment.

"Yestereve...in my desperation my emotions escaped me and must have flooded you. I can only guess that because there were so many of them, and so contrary to your own that it caused your system to collapse." That sounded so much better than that she had tried to influence him, force him to kill Jacob against his will.

Isabella sighed "When all was done, I sat alone in my cabine. I thought it couldn't hurt to try and walk the Aether, to communicate on teh spiritual plane, as I have done in the past. I wanted to seek the advise from a sorceror in the citadel I know." Well, that he was sorceror was not common knowledge, though it was the truth. Somehow she didn't like to confess she contacted the Master of Protocol. It smacked too much of political intrigue "Yet I foolish misjudge the energy needed for such a long reach. Worst of all.. when I felt my energy so depleted that I had to return to my body.. I couldn't find it. I had lost my way back. I could have wandered like a lost spirit for ever, a mere ghost, with my body withering in mere marks. Only a prayer to Pan saved my life, bringing me out to the sea and with my last energy I pulled back into my body. The rest you know" Isa grimaced. It had not been a pretty sight.

"As for Jacob and me.. we were childhood sweethearts. I guess we were once innocent, simply enjoying what Pan gifted us with in the time just after Muchislie's Tyrant. Jacob being the youngest of the counts, and only just come into this title. His parents had him away at sea to learn the family trade, trying to make him forget me. We didn't see each other for a long time. His mother and his brother chased me from the isle eventually, afraid that Jacob might lower himself by marrying a servant if he were to return and find me still beautiful." Isabella stopped for a moment, thinking back on the innocence of her youth. It wasn't as if she had desperately loved him. She had all but given up on him in fact, and rumors had it that Jacob had a long list of ladies, one in each harbor as the saying goes.

"Now, we are no longer young. The trade and court politics have hardened his heart and he seeks but to take. I fear that as a Rose my training doesn't allow me innocence either, and I do excel at courtly politics. When we bumped into each other in the citadel, he offered to take care of me. Events were such that I needed a strong protector" A person to pay the bills in fact, and to save her from the dungeons "so I was glad with his offer, naivly thinking I would retain my full position at court where I worked as a page to the Office of Protocol. I've told you before I was unaware he took the full contract from the Rose, making me an indentured servant. It was that act, later revealed to me in full, which made me fully realised how much has changed between us. There is a darkness now."

In fact.. there was a darkness in Isabella now, always present since she first started to get these nightmares. Her mouth had wanted to taste blood, to kill Jacob beyond reason or necessity. It was a worrying thought that perhaps this had become too much of an obsession, as if some inner deamon was driving her. Isa stared reflectively at the peaches in the bowl. Was she still in the Twilight doing Pan's works or was she slowly turning into a creature of Darkness?

Post by Guest »

Bill listened quietly to what Isabella said most he understood, he had been 'around', one or two things he was not sure about, but could make an educated guess.
When Isabella had finished Bill stayed quiet for a almost a whole burn he then looked at her, was that a touch of pity in his eyes?
"It seems you have had a hard time, the bitterness in your voice is easy to hear. Holding grudges is not something I believe in also, but I understand why you do". He paused for a flicker, "I can see why you went to such desperate lengths", He took both her hands in his, "You must promise not to do such a thing again, it is obviously dangerous. You need this training you talked about".

He smiled, "Enough of that, we should talk about what to do now. We dock in Dort later today, probably late tradetide or early eveningtide depending on the wind. We must have a plan by then, what is it you want to do"?
Isabella Florentina

Isabella was suprised to feel slightly crushed by Williams mildly phrased criticisms. She filed the feeling away for further examination later. It was worrisome indeed if she started to actually care. Yet she could not let go of her grudges. Revenge and other dark thoughts were what kept her alive at this very moment.

Before she caught herself she breathlessly told him "I promise I'll not get myself into that kind of trouble again." Well.. at least she didn't promise never to do it again, just to be more careful next time. Isa was such a sucker for gentlemen sitting at her bedsite with an adoring hand on her own. Such devotion was something she had to do without for some time.

Then William spoke of their imminent arrival in Dort "Has it been six days already?" she said in surprise, thinking it far less, "Time does fly doesn't it?"

Thinking for a moment, and remembering that if Andolin spoke truthfully Jacob might well be arrested upon his arrival in the harbor, she gave William an assuring smile "If at all possible I'd like to go to the Pecunia temple. Without Jacob of course. I don't want to be in his clutches ever again, no matter what he would like. My friend may have arranged something at the palace to take care of Jacob, but its unsure if he's had enough time. Either way, I think we should plan to sneak away to the temple so I can arrange for some messages to the Citadel and hopefully my return journey on the morrow. If necessary we should get this contract declare null and void... or for some reason to be bought by one who can bring me to the citadel." The later was the option she disliked most, but she would do what was necessary.

Post by Guest »

Bill nodded, "We would need to smuggle you off the boat". He thought out loud, "The captain won't go with that, and Jacobs cabin across the passage does not help things".
He went silent as he thought more, "There may be a way, a few friends I have on board will help without questions". His eyes twinkled, "How would you like to become part of the cargo for a short while"?
Isabella Florentina

Isabella laughed softly. It sounded like an adventure novel. How delightful. Isa had always been partial to mischievousness, part perhaps of why she had ultimately joined Pan's religion. "It sounds like a new experience Bill," she said impishly, "I've never been cargo before."

OOC: Andolins PC has not yet moved beyond our shared thread in time. You might want to contact him over his intentions so we have no inconsistancies, timeknots and other nasty business. He might well not succeed in his plans, but I would of course love for him to at least try ;)

Post by Guest »

Bill Laughed, "Well I've never had people as cargo myself, so it will be a new experience for us both".

"As for six days, we have made it in a little over three, You finish your breakfast and you must make today as normal as possible. I'm presuming you do not want people to know how poorly you are, especially Jacob".

Bill thought for a moment, "Leave it to me, you have your things packed up ready, take a walk on the deck if you wish, as I said today should be as normal as possible. I'll send Christopher in, he can help you for the day, no-one will question it".

He stood up, "In the meanwhile I have my normal ship's duties to perform, and to arrange your", he chuckled, "er passage off the boat".

He leaned over, kissed her on the lips and with a smile walked to the door where he turned, "Just be ready at a moments notice", then left the cabin calling for Christopher.

OOC:
When christopher appears you may control him as needed, as befitting a cabin boy helping you :)
Last edited by Guest on Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella gave William her bravest smile "I will be alright," she promised.

When her protector had left she allowed herself a deep sigh. Things were so complicated now. She really couldn't afford her body abandoning her like this. Isa resolved to get some true training as soon as possible. People had been keeping her at bay long enough.

She threw of her covers and reached for her clothes. Just as the dark haired lady was considering how she'd get into her corset without help there was the polite knock on the door of Christopher who was coming to clean away breakfast.

"Christopher," she exclaimed happily, "Come on in. Can you give me hand? I need somebody to fasten a few hooks and cords. Plus my possessions need packing and I fear... " she stopped to lean to the wall slighty, feeling lightheaded "That I can't do much more than supervise."

Appear normal William had said. As Christopher carefully followed her instructions and packed her things Isabella tried to perserve her strength for a casual walk on deck. Not to long for her strength was still not as it should be and she had no desire to faint in plain view.

Thanking Christopher warmly and giving him a few banner for his effort, Isabella, dressed impeccably in her burgundy dress with a black cloak for warmth, stepped outside her room and made her way to deck. She planned to look out over the water without paying too much attention to her surroundings. Perhaps she could see Dort in the distance. It would quiet her soul.

Post by Guest »

Jacob had quietly finished his breakfast and was half-listening at the door when he heard Bill leave.
He was about to sieze his chance to go across to Isabella's room when Christopher came back and knocked on her door and entered.

He sat back down and bided his time, until he saw Isabella leave. He let her go ahead and followed a burn later walking quickly to catch her up.
In his eagerness to do so he missed the tell-tale signs of her weakness.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a sailor watching him carefully, Damn that Irons, keeping her watched, still as long as there's nothing physical I doubt he'll interfere.

He caught up behind her as they got on deck and spoke in a cheery clear voice, "Hello my dear, I hope your feeling well. Up on deck to get the morning breeze I see, refreshing isn't it".
He continued in a lower tone, "Trying to have me killed eh, pity your protector has a conciounce. Remember I do not have such a problem. I will have that scroll as well, what is your is mine, and very soon my dear".

With that Jacob gave a smile and a bow and began to walked away, so to anyone watching it was just a normal conversation.

Post by Guest »

Sfein woke up.
This time, awakening felt as if emerging from a pool of deep water. He must have had other dreams that night, but he was alive, and strangely enough could not remember any of them. Out of fear that any attempt to remember them might trigger another episode of a waking dream, he concentrated on the normal chores of waking up.
For a moment he wondered how Airedelle would be. Something was not right with her either.
Then he left the cabin, and went updeck, to find breakfast.
As soon as he appeared on the deck his restless mind found another thing to do. How easy would it be to capture this kind of trading vessel if you encountered it with a Trothgardian Longship?

Return to “On the Water Archive”