In Search of Pirates:Zarkazar: Samheen 16th

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Zarkazar's run had got him almost withing reach when suddenly his name was screamed out, "Zark, Help me".

It was Talik, besieged was the word, by two sword waving pirates, he was only just managing to fend them off, however it would be just a matter of flickers before they broke through and he would surely die.

A couple of the Hunters crew were running over, but there was no way they would make it it time to save him.

Zarkazar was Talik's only chance of survival.

Post by Guest »

Without a pause Zarkazar raised his dagger and hurled it at the nearest pirate that was attacking Talik. Although he wanted to prevent Osilik's murder he couldn't leave Talik to die. As the dagger left his fingers he was running towards his companion.
"Hold on, Talik!" he yelled.

Post by Guest »

Talik, hearing Zarkazar's call, became a little bolder and waved his sword in front of him like a man possessed, pushing the two pirates back a step.

This gave Zarkazar valuable flickers to get close, which was a good thing as his dagger throw had gone very wide of its intended target, and neither pirate had even noticed it then.

However now Zarkazar was close, and had caught the eye of one of the pirates who turned to face him. From the way the pirate stood, and how easy he held the sword, he was a seasoned fighter at least, not a master (otherwise Talik would be dead) but he could handle a blade.

This left Talik, now feeling more confident at the arrival of Zarkazar, the other one to fight, and he was doing well, against a not so good swordsman.

It would be a burn or two before the other crew members got there as they had been waylaid into another fight, though they called out that they would continue once finished.

Whilst Talik was holding his own against the one pirate the other, facing Zarkazar took stance with the on-guard position, ready for him.

Post by Guest »

The pirate hunter raised an eyebrow at the pirate in surprise, as if to say what do you think you're doing?
Zarkazar gave his blade a twirl and tried to appear ultra-confident; as if this was just harmless sparring.
"See this blood all over my fine shirt?" He said. "None of it's mine. Unless you want to add your own vein-juice to the pattern, I suggest fleeing, like the scum sucking pig you no doubt are. I promise I won't mock you." Zarkazar intended for his act as an arrogant swordmaster to give him an edge. From the corner of his eye, he was watching how Talik fared.

Post by Guest »

Talik was not doing too badly, and looked like he could just hold on long enough for his shipmates to get to him.

The pirate facing Zarkazar was a diffrent matter though, "Not your blood eh? well tis probably the blood of some poor pig you accidently stabbed, enough talking lets fight!".

With that he lunged forward and made a sudden slash from right to left at Zarkazar's chest!

Post by Guest »

Zarkazar span forwards in the direction of the pirate's swing, so that it would deflect from his torso and get him closer to his enemy, too close for swords to be of much use. While doing this he unsheathed his main-guache from his belt, and tried to stab the pirate in the gut once he'd spun full circle and got nearer.

Post by Guest »

OOC: One point, which hand is which (sword & gauche) I've assumed right for sword and left for gauche... but of course its actually up to you.

IC:
The pirate calmly blocked the gauche with his sword, swinging it up and to the left. stepping inside the reach of both Zarkazar's blades, he leaned slightly back and gave Zarkazar a hard kick to the chest, knocking him to the floor.

Rather than follow up though he stood back, pulled his own main-gauche out to his left hand, and stepped back away from him.

"It's a while since I've had a good fight, and you look like you might just give me a small workout before I kill you. Now this is the only chance you'll get from me, stand up and lets finish this".

With that the pirate assumed a fighting stance, his body balanced neatly on the balls of his feet, sword forward, gauche slightly back. He believed he was ready for anything Zarkazar may do.

Post by Guest »

Zarkazar flipped forwards onto his feet, with a grace that would have impressed a lesser opponent.
It's going to take more than boasting and mind games to beat this one.he realised. He too went into a fighting stance, and began shuffling in a circle, trying to get the sun behind him so as to dazzle his enemy. He had been taught to seek out any advantage, rather than just charge in like a maniac. He was also scanning the area around him, looking for anything on deck that he could perhaps kick through the air at the pirate, or use as a distraction.

Post by Guest »

The pirate stood for a flicker or two, carefully watching Zarkazar. He nodded slightly seeing his opponent try to circle. "Good ploy boy, get the sun in my eyes eh. you been taught well, or at least listened well".

He smiled as he saw Zarkazar's eyes scan the deck, "Ah, kick items at your opponent, get him off guard, you have listened well".

There was indeed opportunities to kick items, with various bits about, mostly small pieces of wood broken during the fighting.

Behind the pirate Zarkazar could see his and Talik's rescuers once again caught up in a fight, which would delay them for a few more burns.

Instead of letting Zarkazar circle, the Pirate side-stepped effectively stopping him, and still facing Zarkazar, only this time a little closer.

He expertly swished the sword in front of Zarkazar, "By the way, I always think the person I kill should know my name, it is Balthazar, May I know yours"?.

With that, again a sudden lunge, aiming a slash at the right side of Zarkazars face, whilst his gauche connected with Zarkazars sword pushing it aside.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

"Zarkazar Ballast is my name. When your God recieves your soul, tell it I sent you." There's a time for flair, and a time for fighting dirty. As he attempted to parry with his gauche, he also aimed a kick at the pirate's groin.

Post by Guest »

Zarkazar's parry was only partially successful in that it turned the blade away from his face. However Balthazar realised he was missing his intended target and twisted the blade enough that it caught Zarkazar on the shoulder, not a deep cut but drawing blood.

Zarkazars kick also partially worked, as he was caught off balance with the cut to his shoulder, his foot missed the groin but did slightly connect with Balthazar's thigh. This caused him to twist away and down, and he rolled smoothly out of reach, quickly standing and rubbing his thigh.

"Nice move Zarkazar, but I think I got the better of that exchange. I have a bruised thigh, but your bleeding".

He smiled, flexed his muscles, "Now, lets be at it again, you can have a go at me this time if you like".

Post by Guest »

The pirate hunter shrugged (which hurt).
"Not bad, Balthazar." Zarkazar made his way towards his opponent; in his left hand he held his gauche, stretched forward, ready to parry. In his right was the rapier, the blade pointed slightly toward the deck. "You owe me a new shirt, you swine." He got closer and waited for the right moment to stab upwards at the pirate's throat, wary of his enemy's parrying dagger. Zarkazar had been taught well, but so had Balthazar, obviously. "You fight like a gentleman, Balthazar, piracy should be beneath you." He hoped conversation would distract him enough so that his strike would hit home.

Post by Guest »

Balthazar, although normally unflappable, missed a beat for a flicker when Zarkazar called him a gentleman. He still recovered in time to parry the sword with his gauche, but it sliced a thing cut along his cheek.

In response Balthazar aimed an equally stabbing blow at Zarkazars face, stepping forward so that if it was parried they would be face to face, swords held with Gauches.

It would then become a matter of strength and balance between the two of them.

OOC:
Zarkazar, I'll allow you to post that you parry and then stand face to face, and then do something(talk, push,snarl spit, whatever)!!!??!!
OR
You can try something else and the Pirate will respond... perhaps :)
Dyfed.

Post by Guest »

The blade rushed towards Zarkazar; his gauche sprang out and twisted Balthazar's sword aside. Suddenly the two enemies were up close and personal. The pirate hunter felt a little more confident when he saw the blood running from Balthazar's cheek. Zarkazar could feel his shoulder hurting, and didn't want to test his strength against the pirate, so rather than try arm against arm he decided to try a bit of street fighting and attempted to head butt Balthazar in the face.

Post by Guest »

Balthazar was taken by surprise, he didn't expect the headbut, he was still experience enough though to push Zarkazar away and step back. His sword waving wildly in front of him to try an keep Zarkazr back, while he shook his head to clear it, blood streaming from a broken nose.

His wild movements had an adverse effect on the fight behind as he stumbled into Talik, knocking him to the deck, where Talik hit his head and was knocked out cold.

The other pirate now turned with a grin, and now Zarkazar was facing two opponents. Albeit, one a poor swordsman, and the other good, but stunned and injured.

Behind the two pirates Zarkazar could see that two of the crew members had disentangled themselves from the fight, and were running towards the backs of the two pirates.

They would be there in perhaps a little over burn, all Zarkazar had to do was keep alive that long, and keep the pirates distracted from those behind them.

Post by Guest »

"Give it up, Balthazar!" Zarkazar yelled, to keep the attention on himself. He made it look as if he was attacking Balthazar and ignoring the other pirate, then he suddenly span around and changed target, hoping to take his new enemy by surprise.

Post by Guest »

Balthazr shook his head and smiled, "I don't think so, Zarkazar, you have two of".
His reply was interrupted by zarkazars sudden charge and despite not having shaken off the full effects of the headbut he still had the presence of mind to twist out of the way, at the same time making a wild slash with his sword at Zarkazar.

Zarkazar's sudden change of direction saved him from that sword slash, but the larger pirate wasn't so lucky and Zarkazar took him totaly by surprise, the force of Zarkazars charge knocking him flying.

For a moment this seemed a good idea until the two of them barrelled into their 'rescuers', and all four tumbled to the floor.

Post by Guest »

Zarkazar struggled to his feet, hoping his fellow pirate-hunters could take care of the pirate he'd felled. He knew Balthazar was the most dangerous opponent, and he couldn't give him any opportunity to strike.
"Last chance, Balthazar," Zarkazar was using conversation to buy himself a few more seconds, "surrender now and I'll see you're treated fairly before they hang you."

Post by Guest »

Balthazar smiled, "You have fought well Zarkazar, and although I am the better swordsman, you have indeed got the better of me. You would have made a good pirate you know".

He sighed, his smile got a little wider, "As for surrender and hanging, I think I'll give that a miss and take my chances on the sea".

With that, and before Zarkazar and his shipmates could do anything, Balthazar ran to the side and leaped over the rail into the sea below.

Smoke suddenly billowed between them, the pirates had fired the ship, and Zarkazar lost sight of hi opponent for a flicker or two, then a gust of wind blew the smoke to one side, there was no sign of the Pirate.

Cheers were ringing around the ship, as the crew of the Hunter finally won out, and it seemed all the pirates were dead, none being prepared to be captured just for the hangmans noose.

There were a few losses amongst the crew also, as the captains voice could be heard, "Ok lets clear this up quickly, grab what weapons and equipment you can, pick up our dead and wounded, and get back to the ship, this ship is on fire and sinking fast".

Through the smoke the captain could be seen going down below, obviously towards his counterparts cabin to see what booty was there.

There was a sudden creak and lurch as the ship settled slightly, giving all the men left on an urgency to get what they can, and their fallen comrades back to the Hunter.

Post by Guest »

Farewell, Balthazar, perhaps we'll meet again, if the sea doesn't claim you.
Zarkazar grabbed Talik by the scruff of the neck; the poor fellow was still out cold. He hoisted Talik over his shoulder, then paused. There is booty to be had after all, he thought. With Talik over his shoulder, Zarkazar hurled caution to the wind and went in the direction of the captain, to see if there would be any chance of grabbing something for himself. In all the combat and chaos he had clearly forgotten about the potential assassination of Osilik.

Post by Guest »

Zarkazar had only just reached the passageway when the Captain strolled out.
"What do you think your doing, get yourself and whoever that is back on deck".

He looked behind him, come on you two, I could manage that faster on my own. Following the captain came two of the crew carry a large chest, that it was heavy was obvious, though they were managing quite well.

Another of the crew ran up, "Holds are empty captain, looks like we caught her before shs had raided anyone".

"Ok, get back aboard, anyone seen Osilik"?

The few sailors nearby shook their heads, one of whom was on of the conspirators Zarkazar had seen earlier, and he had a small smile on his face.

The captain looked around then shouted, "OK, grab anything useful, including our dead and wounded and get back aboard, we sail in 10 burns".

With that he nodded to the two men with the chest, and made his way back aboard the Hunter on his way to his cabin, the sailors with the chsst following.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Shit! I forgot all about Osilik, the bald headed loon! Zarkazar made his way back aboard the Hunter with Talik draped over his shoulders like a cheap and unusual coat. My first bout as a pirate hunter and all I've got to show for it are bruises, scars and an unconcious sailor. Zarkazar placed Talik against a barrell on the deck of the Hunter and looked at his head wound. It didn't appear serious. Then he looked around for the conspirators, and a thought occurred to him. Maybe Osilik was only wounded, on the pirate ship! Perhaps he was still in the hold, wounded and helpless. Zarkazar made a dash for the pirate ship, but was it too late to get there and back?

Post by Guest »

As Zarkazar approached the pirate ship he saw the last of the lines being cut, and the burning ship drifting away. He could jump the gap, but would never be able to get back, he was too late.

Just then a voice called to him, "Hey you, Zarkazar, the captain wants you in his cabin right now, and e aint in an appy mood, so ya better not tarry".

The voice was of the 2nd mate who was pointing down the passageway to the captains cabin, there was still no sign of Osilik.

Post by Guest »

"See that fellow gets his wound treated." Zarkazar replied, pointing to Talik. Is osilik dead? he wondered as he slowly walked to the captain's cabin. Why was the captain in a bad mood? They'd been victorious hadn't they? His heart felt heavy as Zarkazar knocked on the door and entered the cabin.

Post by Guest »

There was a pause for a flicker or two, then the door was unlocked and opened and there stood the captain. He just stood aside and pointed in.

When Zarkazar was before his desk, Captain Hanrad walked to his side and faced him.
"Osilik's dead, though not by a pirate, he was found with a dagger in his back". There was a clatter as he threw a dagger on the desk. "This dagger in fact".

He picked it up and looked it over, "Now it's just an ordinary dagger, nothing special, except that no-one on this ship has this dagger", he leaned forward and slammed it point down into the desk, "Except you"

He pulled out the dagger and sat down, "Now any idea how it got there, and where were you during the fighting"?

Return to “On the Water Archive”