The Library -- supporter

Moderator: Mods

Swallow

Post by Swallow »

The dwarf frowned but nodded. He glanced over at the shelves he had just left, gave an annoyed harrumph and turned to the books in front of him, looking for more books that would interest his visitor. As he looked, he picked up a few and placed them aside, apparently thinking them particularly nice.

Asht had no problems finding a table as many were unoccupied. The library had a quiet, welcoming feel to it and it invited him to settle down and enjoy himself.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Asht poured over the books, leafing through the pages steadily. He made a mental note of several passages that would be useful in his essay, it wasn't to be handed in for some time, but he wanted a good head start on it. Glancing up, Asht noted that the Dwarf had found a few other books for him, smiling, he stood up and walked over, placing a hand on the small stack. "These aswell yes? Many thanks....actually....tell me....do you yourself know anything of the origins of the battlemage office, anything that they books may neglect to mention?"
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Asht noticed that the books the librarian had given him were thick but fairly unspecific. Yet, every once in a while he came upon some choice facts that the author had stuck in to make the read more interesting. These facts pushed the book forward and allowed for Asht to learn something new.

When Asht stood up, the librarian looked over and nodded when his customer touched the stack. "Yer, those 'll be the ones." He looked at the stack thoughtfully and then picked it up. Looking at each individual book, he said its name and then handed it to Asht. "Hm.. this'll be Shardonell's Journal, 'ery good. Errr...." He picked up another book, "Basics to battlemagery..." The librarian continued through the books, sometimes glowing at one, and almost placing a few back on the shelf. There were five books in total, ranging from the small, "Shardonell's Journal" to the much larger, "My observations".

When the librarian had finished giving his books to Asht, he listened quietly to the question asked. Frowning and shaking his head ruefully he replied, "I don't be knowing any more then these books." He shook his head and sighed. "'re you a student here? Hm.. battlemage office... why would you be need'n to know that?"
Last edited by Swallow on Thu May 22, 2003 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

"Yes I am student here Sir, I am to write an essay and do a small presentation on the origins of the Battlemagery office....basically why it was set up and how. But if you know little more than the books, I thank you for your time anyway....I think these books will suffice for now, If I need more, may I bother you more later?"
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

The man frowned and quick surprise and quickly took back the books he had given to Asht. "Hm.... I didn't know. No no.. these will not do." He quickly walked toward the back of the library, motioning for Asht to follow with an irritable nod of his head. Stopping abruptly at some very old books, he took out a few and handed them to Asht. "You'll be wanting THESE ones. I didn't know you'd been search'n for somethi'n 'bout this place." He eyed Asht thoughtfully and then pulled out another book from the shelf. "This one might do the trick. You can come ask fo' more... if you'll be needing them."
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

"Worry not, i'll more than likely be needing the extra aid.", he smiled, the light glinting off white teeth, and retreated to his table. Asht had never thought much of dwarves, but he had warmed to this one....
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

The dwarf grunted in reply to Asht's comment and quietly watched his customer walk away, books in hand. The dwarf frowned when he realized a slow smile was creeping on his face, and quickly turned back to the shelf. Looking through them, he had trouble finding more about the actual office, although there were books on other topics, ones that would not help Asht's essay. He sighed and squinted, trying to make out some of the older scrolls. Suddenly, he caught site of a very old scroll and realized that he had been looking for it for the whole time. He picked it up and placed it on Asht's desk. "This 'll be the last one I 'ave." The dwarf walked away, back to the front of the library, leaving the books My Hopes - Building the University of Magicks.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Asht picked the book up and read the title. Excellent..., he would thank the dwarf later for this, however, he quickly opened the cover, noting it was old, and so remained careful. His eyes began to quickly scan the words littering the pages with an eager thirst.
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

OOC: Waiting for the answer to your OOC comment, then I will edit this. Thanks for waiting.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

OOC: No problem, no rush really. :)
Falco

Post by Falco »

? do you want me to start up my guy in this thread or make a new one ?
Wyverix

Post by Wyverix »

Wyverix quietly entered the library with a solemn look on his face. He looked around and hoped that someone would be able to point him in the right direction for his "Quest of Light" report.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ever did Asht pour over the books, many of the passages he had to re-read, some of this was rather complex, but he was confident enough that he would unravel all thar was needed for his report. He looked up, and saw another student enter....he knew the face, but the name eluded his memory.
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

OOC: My apologies. I need timestamps from everyone to make sure you are coming in at the same time.

Asht - IC: As Asht scanned through the book, he found a surprising amount of information. Yet, it seemed sporadic and not everything was encompassed in it. In fact, it was a slightly biased report, speaking of the grandeur of the building. The author was apparently very proud of his accomplishment.

As Asht read, the dwarf looked around, cleaning up some books at the front of the library and quietly waited for someone else to enter.
Wyverix

Post by Wyverix »

OOC: anytime after First Mark, Eveningtide on Samheen 6 or 7 works for me, whichever you prefer.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

OOC: Samheen 7, eveningtide would possibly be better for myself, Asht was in the Enchanters Square eveningtide samheen 6th.
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

OOC: And Falco? Wyverix, I will put you at Samheen 7, eveningtide. Sound good?

IC: Wyverix entered the library to quiet sounds of pages turning and people studying. As he looked around, he noticed a dwarf leaning over a pile of books, apparently searching for something. When the dwarf heard Wyverix, he turned his head slightly and slowly put down his books. "You'll be look'n for somethin'?". The dwarf's voice sounded gruff and slightly worn, but his eyes gazed intently at his customer.
Wyverix

Post by Wyverix »

"Greetings master," Wyverix asnwered almost reverently. "I am to do a report on the Quest of Light and thought I'd best begin doing some research here. If you could point me in the way of some reading on the subject I would be much obliged."

As an after-thought, he added, "I'd be willing to help you stack away some of the volumes first if you need a hand."
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

The dwarf looked up at Wyverix suspiciously when he mentioned "master" and uttered an annoyed grunt. Nevertheless, shaking his head quickly at the offer of help, he motioned for Wyverix to follow. Muttering about strange new students, he led the way towards the back of the library. As they walked, Wyverix noticed another student (Asht) leaning over some books. The dwarf briefly looked over at the student before motioning farther into the library. Halting after a couple of shelves, he looked at the shelf and sighed. "Quest of Light, eh? Anything specific about it?" He scanned the books thoughtfully. "You look'n for somethi'n special?"
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ever did he continue to pour over the books, already his eyes rimmed red with the effort....but alas, his pursuit for knowledge was far over.

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”