Engagement Dinner OOC:

Moderator: Mods

Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Engagement Dinner OOC:

Post by Shaeliana »

It occurs to me that I might have left Andolin in a sticky spot.. the bard's wish to know where to set up and I didn't define any platform for performers. I was thinking that the musician/singers might be more towards the back of the hall.. but I give you permission to place them where ever the Master of Protocol would like. :)
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Post by Zhavon Mikhalrian »

Is there a servants' room off the side of the main hall? Like where, say, the acrobats could be while they're setting up or in between sets?
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

That is a wonderful idea... I thought Twilight was going to post the arrival of the acrobats???
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Aaah, okee. Than I shall await the post. :)
Adrian Elsonrae

Adrian has entered the building!

Post by Adrian Elsonrae »

I assume Lady Hamilton is one of the higher ups on the noble scale, so should I wait to be announced with her before I enter or put the crier in as an NPC?
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Those who are not of the higher class nobility can just post that they arrived and are mingling without using the door herald.

Those who are coming with higher class NPCs that would be announced (like Lady Hamilton) need to nudge your moderator to post the arrival. (Moderators can run the herald NPC themselves. You dont' have to wait on me to do so. :) )

Also.. the attendants would have the invitation that was sent to their home... and would hand that invitation with the names on it to the herald who reads it. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my example entrance. :roll:

:D
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

The Poetry Contest!

There will be a poetry contest during the dinner. The poetry is in honor of the betrothal of Anochrim and Aesa and must reflect that some how. It will be judged and the winners will receive prizes!!

<HR> Prizes

1st Place: Royal Poet at the Wedding Ceremony, a special signet ring and 1 crown.

2nd Place: 2 coronet

3rd Place: 1 coronet
Last edited by Shaeliana on Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Yay, a chance to try my hand at some more writing. *points to his numerous songs for his numerous ladies*

Oh and Perdita will not be posting for the next few weeks due to vacation, which means I will simply post leaving her at some table or another, while I mingle around. If she gets back in time, then I will simply go find her again. I don't think this should be an inconvience to anyone or any plots. :D
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Just a head's up, I'm still waiting for a post in response to my own on page 6 of the thread. I didn't want the thread to get too far ahead of me, but it's been five days and twenty-five posts later, etc... ;.;
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Who is Zhavon talking to or interacting with? One of the problem with these big threads is keeping up with who is interacting with whom. :)
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Zhavon Mikhalrian

*Laughs.*

No one just yet. I just didn't want to control whether or not there was any Trothgardian representitives within the room already. It's just the deciding factor of whether or not she remains in the hall or has to trudge on down to the Trothgardian Embassy. :o
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

Sorry, I was waiting to see if you were actually heading there, but I shall get moving and post their arrival :oops:
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

(avatar by Talon Yoseijo)
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

SEATING

Commoners who don't have assigned seating, are free to sit in any of the numbered seats. To help us keep track of who is where should any "action" get started, please let us know which seat your char chose to sit in.

Thanks!
Last edited by Shaeliana on Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Celestine would take seat 9, if that's okay.
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

If Elani is okay with it we'll take seats 1 & 5. Since Elaine has no use for a view, she will gladly take the inner seat.
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Just wanted to say that I would like Ulder to be one of the guards within the room and readily available should something happen that would need the PG to react.

Thanks!
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

I suppose I should take seats 2 & 6 for Perdita and myself. I hope Elaine doesn't mind sitting next to us. :wink:
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Since the friendly Lieutenant Ulder asked me to help out to keep the dinner a safe event, pls save me a spot at his right. ;)
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Uhmmmm.. the guards are standing around at attention, not sitting! ;)

Ulder, take any corner you wish.. same for you Caelin, if you have a PG uniform. Only PG would be allowed inside the dinner hall. Technically only well known PG, but we can fudge a bit if we must. :)
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

*grins* Ulder told me to gt a uniform from the barracks, which I did. ;)

*runs to go enter the thread*
Velentino

Post by Velentino »

Since Velentino's only friend in the Citadel isn't present, I'll have him sit somewhat by himself... Seat 16, please, that will give him enough space from everyone else to sit and... whimper?
Brogan de Vaux

Post by Brogan de Vaux »

Brogan will be seated at table 9.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Valentino.. the point of letting you all choose where you sit is to allow you to put yourself next to others who you can interact with.. otherwise, you aren't going to have much to post for a bit.

Brogan.. seat 9 was taken by Celestine. I'll put you in 10, next to her unless you'd rather be in 13, across from her.

:D
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Brogan de Vaux

Post by Brogan de Vaux »

Yes, 10 will be fine. I must not have seen her post saying 9, sorry about that.
Barracus

Post by Barracus »

Barracus and Zhavon will be seated in 3/7 - Barracus taking the outside seat, Zhavon on the interior.

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”