Rimehold, Bergliin Tents: Hex, Ellena (Samheen 15th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Zhavon Mikhalrian

Rimehold, Bergliin Tents: Hex, Ellena (Samheen 15th)

Post by Zhavon Mikhalrian »

(Hex/Ellena from: Rimehold, Bergliin Tents: Miscellaneous (Samheen 15th))

Samheen 15th, Tradetide

With the Waelkyridges, Scatha and Arvana gone off on their hunting expedition, Hex and Ellena were left with the three remaining Bergliins in the family tent. Kiran, Gisella and Solarin had stayed, Hex's other brothers having not put in an appearance just yet. With the hunting party departed, the tent was all that quieter, and a warm intimacy pervaded what was nearly a family gathering. All seemed to be in recovery after the hustle earlier, quietly sipping at their tea as no one seemed to be willing to break the silence just yet.

That is, until Gisella popped up out of her chair, lips spread wide into a smile as she turned her attentions upon Ellena. Striding towards the girl, she took Ellena's hands into her own and pulled her out of the chair. "If you'd permit me, I'd love to find you something more fashionable and to dress your hair... You'll blend in better when you and Hex go out and about later." It was a warm and kindly gesture, one that Gisella apparently had taken a fancy to. With Ellena's reply, she carted the girl off to the far end of the tent, taking time to draw a curtain between them and the rest of the Bergliins.

Left alone, Kiran shifted in her chair, smoothing her leather skirts overs over her legs absently. "Are you going to stay in Rimehold, Hex? When your friends leave?" There was no doubt in her mind that the others intended on leaving whenever they could secure safe passage back to one of the other isles. Of her sister, she was curious and concerned.

Their father was quiet, sipping at his tea and staring at Hex as Kiran posed her question.
Last edited by Zhavon Mikhalrian on Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Having wished luck upon those who formed the hunting party and bid them farewell, Ellena found that a calm descended on the tent in the wake of their departure and everyone seemed to settle back to relax. The red-head glanced around discreetly, noting that only two of the Bergliin sisters and their father remained besides herself and Hex and feeling for a second as if she were intruding upon a family moment.

However, in the now quiet, warm atmosphere which was not due solely to being out of the cold air, Ellena couldn't help but relax and allowed her mind to wander idly. She looked forward to exploring the area with Hex and then thought further ahead to their visit to the Kona, a slight apprehension creeping into her mind as she had no idea what to expect ...

Gisella's sudden movement made her look up, somewhat startled, and she was surprised to see the woman heading towards her with a broad smile. Without time to react, she merely allowed herself to be hauled from her chair, the puzzled look clearing from her face at Gisella's words as she realised Hex's sister's enthusiasm for this plan.

"It's very kind of you. I'd like that, thank you." she said with a warm smile which held a hint of that shyness she still retained around those she did not know too well. She followed Gisella across the tent, waiting curiously for what was in store for her as the curtain was drawn between them and the others.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex sat down after Ellena had left the room and takes up a cup of tea. The question her sister had asked of her was a good one and one that deserved answering. Hex thought for a moment while sipping her tea before answering.

"I am unsure what lies ahead for me. I left Trothgard angry and bitter at the changes that were taken place then. I see that most of those changes have stayed in place, even to the extent that we now have an Inn. I must say that I was not ready to come home yet, and I was not on my way home when I came here. I was on my way to the Citadel when, in my opinion anyway, the Ice Queen decided to change my plans and smash me upon the shore. Now though I see many things from a different prospective than when I was an uppity child. In the rest of the isles men rule. Women have influence but not like here. I was also able to assume command of a small force of thirty or so troops. guards really but my point here is that this force was for a merchant, not even a noble. If they wanted to I think that any one of the other isles could take us over through numbers alone. I see then at least some point in stopping the raids, although I can only see the stopping of the raids leading to greater changes in the lives of all of Trothgard."

Hex shakes her head and drinks some of her tea.

"Since I found out that mother died a lot of my fight has left me. I will get over that as I have gotten over everything else in my life. Tomorrow I will get up and drill myself before I see the Kona. I have wondered why she wants to see us all and I am curious about this Ceaser person and why we are involved with him. Will I stay? Why would I? What has really changed here for me? I want to know why the Ice Queen brought me here and what my role is to play. I think that I must go through the next week or so and re-acquaint myself with the land and the people here before I make any decision as to where I am going or not going. There is also the fact that our family needs some new blood. There are so many questions and so little answers. One thing for sure is that I need to replace my knives at the very least before I set out about town. I have been feeling quite naked and I would like to obtain another Glaive so I can start my drills again."

Hex takes another sip of her tea before looking at her sister and her father.

"I have missed you all vert much and the mere sight of seeing you is almost enough on its own to make me stay. I think I do need to see the Kona and see this all through before I make any decision though. Were you asking because you wanter me to stay or because you thought it best if I go?"

Hex put down her tea and smoothed her hair as she waited for their reply.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Gisella winked, her face spread in a broad, genuine smile. "Oh, it wouldn't do for you to go before the Kona looking like a barbarian." She laughed and trotted them off to another tent that was just beside the main Bergliin tent. Naturally, barbarianism was based on the eye of the beholder, for Ellena knew well enough that Trothgardians were seen as barbarians where she grew up.

The other 'room' of sorts seemed to be Gisella's and Kiran's living areas, two narrow beds heaped with furs, each having a chest at the foot of it likely containing clothing. A brazier stood in the center glowing orange with coals that heated the tent pleasantly. A lamp hung from the tent's supports above the brazier, lighting the interior as well as could be hoped for.

The Trothgardian woman moved for the chest at the bed on the opposite side of the tent, lifting it open. She began to dig through it, trying to find something that might be of the a proper size for Ellena, or some style or another. "We'll have to braid your hair properly, though, of course, no feathers, and we'll have to dress you right. Oh, soon, you'll like just like the proper Trothgardian lass." Gisella turned and hefted what appeared to be a heavy wool dress in a deep blue, obviously the dye gotten from local plants. It was embroidered around the cuffs, neckline and bottom hem in green and yellow stylizations of hammers.

"I think this should fit you. If not, we can give it a try anyway, belt it off at the waist, maybe hem the bottom and the sleeves if it's too long." Gisella offered it to Ellena, looking around as if she thought that she might have to leave to allow the foreigner to change.

Apparently Gisella's handling of Ellena was welcomed, because both Kiran and Solarin seemed to relax slightly. Talking of Hex's future seemed to be ponderous enough without having to add the pressure of one of the woman's friends about. Especially if Hex decides to remain in Trothgard. No, family matters were best attended with just the family and it would seem that Kiran and Solarin would be heading the conversation.

They both listened to the youngest of the family speak, both noticing the changes in Hex since she had left Trothgard. She had been gone for so long, out of the information loop of her own people and it would seem as though there was much to fill her in on, if only in just politics. Kiran sipped her tea thoughtfully, absorbing her sister's words before jumping into conclusions and the conversation after Hex's speech.

Solarin nodded quietly. "Replacing your weapons will not be a problem, of course, Hex." Naturally, he turned to the easiest of all those topics to discuss, first. The rest seemed to lay in Kiran's hands, but no douts Solarin was thinking hard on it as well. His attention shifted to his eldest daughter's serene form, watching her as she gathered herself to speak.

"I asked you because I was curious, Hex. You should know that we would welcome you back to stay permanently with open arms if that was your decision. I... I just wouldn't want to influence your decision against your heart if it's not time for you to remain here..." Kiran spoke softly, eyes lifting to affix upon her sister, intending to convey all the warmth she possessed in the simple gaze.

"As for all those other things... Where would you rather we begin?"
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

After watching Gisella depart with Ellena and talking with her family Hex settled in on her mug of tea. Her father, she knew, would resolve the simple material issues first. maybe, she thought, that is why I brought it in at the end, to allow her father an place in the conversation. It was her sisters's words though that once again carried the weight. She was the woman of the home and she carried her title well.

To be welcome home! Hex kept her emotions in check as her sister spoke. Hex had kept her back so straight for so long and the pressure of returning home had almost done her in. Gathering herself internally, Hex listened carefully to her words before making her reply.

"I do not know where my heart lies for the moment but I do know that you are all in it, where ever it be. If we are to discuss a subject let us begin with my meeting with the Kona. Is this a standard practice now? Why would she want to see me and my friends?"
~
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Kiran clearly pondered on Hex's question, unsure herself why the Kona wanted to see her sibling and the foreigners. There were, of course, speculations, but she didn't want to spread such rumours and lead her sister astray in anything. Solarin remained quiet, waiting for his eldest to speak her peace first before he added anything to it, if there were anything at all for him to add.

"Well... We're not sure why the Kona would wish to speak with you. Perhaps she would just like to know what the clime is like outside of Trothgard, and you and your friends are the latest arrivals." She paused, skimming her thoughts as she tried to come up with the best answer for Hex. "She has sent her daughter to the Citadel to become betrothed to the Caesar. Maybe she would like news of it?"

Solarin remained silence so far, having nothing to add to it, just yet.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex looked like something in her tea made her want to puke. She rolled her neck and her shoulders as if all her muscles there just contracted into a spasm.

"What have we become? A gift horse? Sending her daughter to be betrothed to the Caesar. Is her daughter so poor a woman that she has no better purpose than to fulfill some political means? Maybe tomorrow I will give her a early gift and drive my fist into the Kona's face! Perhaps that would wake this woman up from her world of idiocy!"

Hex stands up quite visibly angry, shaking her fist and yet keeping her voice low.

"Forgive me sister but I have never liked this Kona and each passing word that I hear of her since I have returned has not improved her in my eyes."

Hex pauses and shakes her head, placing her hands on her hips.

"I have been told that the priestesses have lost the grace of the Ice Queen, perhaps one would like to speculate on that? I belive that she has brought me home for a reason. Maybe after tomorrow I will know that reason."
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Kiran and Solarin were both obviously surprised by Hex's reaction to the simple statement that Aesa had been sent to the Citadel. The lady of the house sputtered a moment without dignity, trying to reclaim her calm and serenity as her sister ranted in this blasphemous vein for a burn or two longer. "Hex! Sit down and lower your voice! I wouldn't be surprised if all of Rimehold could hear you the way you're carrying on like this..." Kiran's normally soft, sweet voice was tainted with steel and her abject horror that Hex had reacted so.

Their father cleared his throat, shifting uncomfortably in his chair, as disturbed by his youngest's reaction as the matron was. "Hex, please listen to Kiran... While it is all well and good to discuss these matters in private, it would not help for the rest of the settlement to hear you..." He closed his eyes, his hand lifting to rub the bridge of his nose.

Her sister waited for Hex's response before continuing at all, needing to see her sibling back in her seat first. The conversation must be kept calm and Kiran was in no mood or ever of the disposition to engage in a screaming match with anyone else. It was only a wonder that Gisella hadn't reappeared to find out what Hex had been so vehemently shouting about.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Here we go again

It pained Hex to see that she so easily upset her family. Rage at this bumbling Kona burned in her head, but more important to Hex was the respect of her family. Hex sat back down on the ground and tucked her legs under her and to the side. Smoothing out her dress...

"Please continue sister, I am sorry for my outburst, there was no need for uncontrolled anger. I am interested to know what the settlement thinks of this woman and her actions. I have but been here for a few burns and a few tides and in all the Yahren I have been away it seems like you all wait on baited breath for this kona to give us away and change who we are."

Hex raises her hand and with her other picks up her tea.

"You would have to cut out my tongue before I stop speaking my mind, but I can and will do it in a more pleasant manner."

Hex motions for her sister to continue.
~
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Kiran nodded quietly to her sister upon her muted apology. Benediction was Hex's in a heartbeat, the matriarch outstretching a hand to rest against her shoulder as comfortingly as possible. "It is... alright, Hex." Not that Kiran condoned the reaction or the outburst, simply that she understood that it was difficult to hold in one's emotions sometimes.

"No one said that the Kona is going to give us away. She does, after all, rule within the Caesar's empire, and it would be a great honour of the Lady Aesa did wed him. He is a very powerful man outside of Trothgard," Solarin spoke quietly, his tone thoughtful as he tried to explain the matters to Hex. "You were on your way to the Citadel, what did you think to find there if not the Caesar and his capital?"

Her sister nodded her agreement to their father's statements, though she was still pondering over what else to add.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex looked at her sister for some time. The look on her face was that of a woman who was studying an opponent, looking weakness in the other. Whist doing this she was twirling one of her braids. Stopping she cocked her head to one side and narrowed her eyes at her sister...

"Yes, my understanding is that the Ceaser is a very powerful man out side of Trothgard. So this wedding would have powerful consequences not only for the Kona, but for all of Trothgard."

Hex pondered a moment until a sly grin crossed her face...

"Does she need a lady in waiting?" It was all she could do but burst out laughing, and then she could hold it no more. After she had finished her spout, she wiped her eyes...

"What was I looking for in the Citadel? Why a rouge I know, knew, by the name of Zarias asked me along on a fine adventure. We were foils to one another and we decided to team up instead of work against one another. I had become the captain of this wealthy merchants guard and Zarias was unfortunately falling out of favor with him. I had set up the guard and got it running smoothly when Zarias and myself ran into Scatha, almost quite literally. What seemed only a few burns later we were on our way to the Citadel. Zarias though was never that good at following a plan or an order so he was set off ship. I would be delicate about it if you bring it up with Ellena, I do belive they were, what is it called over there, an item."

Hex said the last part more quietly than the rest, sipping her tea.
~
Zhavon Mikhalrian

"The Kona has taken quite the interest in the Caesar, Hex, and so naturally, this is obviously at the direction of the Ice Queen." Kiran's expression was solemn, reverent of both her deity and the avatar thereof. Despite that, she couldn't but help to burst into laughter as her sibling suggested that she go and serve the Lady Aesa directly. Their father joined in, his laughter a deep rumble coming up from the berth of his chest.

When they all calmed, they listened to Hex's story and reasoning for venturing to the Citadel. Nodding, Kiran accepted the wise advice on not mentioning Zarias to Ellena. "Yes, of course. Did they cast him overboard?" Her nose wrinkled indignantly as though she was clearly wondering how others called Trothgardians barbarians.

Returning to a more sober topic, Kiran redirected the conversation back to Hex's earlier concerns. "Who has told you that the priesthood has lost the Ice Queen's favour?" Her face darkened as she was obviously now pondering who could have told Hex of such a malicious rumour. "And how could you believe such a thing?"
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

In a hushed tone...

"Set him adrift on a dessert island..."

Leaning back and sipping her tea, Hex cast a sideways glance to the tent flap that conceals Ellena.

Responding to her sisters question...

"I honestly cannot remeber who said this. I belive it was one of the women who picked us up when we crashed upon shore. That comment was in relation to the question regarding the amount of Trolls that were close to Rimehold."

Hex let this sink in with her sister before she continued.
~
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Kiran and Solarin were both appalled by the manners in which this Zarias fellow had been punished. Cast off the ship onto a desert island, by himself? With no chance or rare chance of rescue? It was horrifying. They both resolved to never mention it to Ellena, so not to stir the wound within the woman's heart. "And they say we're barbaric..." Solarin's voice was heard muttering.

The elder sister frowned again, deeply troubled by her sibling's reply that there was someone saying that the priesthood, and subsequently the Kona had lost favour with the Ice Queen. She heaved a sigh and lifted a hand to smooth down her soft locks, a nervous gesture straight out of childhood. "There are trolls, yes... But you should know that if the Ice Queen was not pleased with matters in Rimehold, she would have displaced the Kona long ago..." After all, their deity actually cared about her people, treasuring them and gifting them with all sorts of things.

"Perhaps, when you go out into Rimehold with Ellena, you should stop by the Temple and speak with the priestesses..."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex wondered why her family would have such reactions to the plight of Zarias. After all wasn't Trothgards past locked in slave raids? Hex decided to drop the subject and move on...

"I wouldn't mind stopping by the temple at all. I think it would show Ellena another side of Trothgard. How bad are the Trolls? Should I be concerned and carry my Glaive in addition to a set of daggers? It seems they are being quite bold. Could it be a test from our Queen?"

Hex had set aside her tea and was running her fingers through her hair, loosing it in preparation for re-doing it before she went out.
~
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Kiran's brows raised in surprise with her sister's question of needing to carry her weapons within Rimehold. Blinking, she stared only a few moments before regaining her composure and continued onwards in their conversation. "My dear, if the trolls were bad enough that you had to carry your weapon in the town, I'm afraid we all would have long ago been overrun." She paused and sampled again her tea, looking to their father for confirmation on such a statement.

The man simply nodded and turned her attention back to Hex. "If you would feel more comfortable being armed to the hilt like that, we have more than enough to replace the equipment you lost in the shipwreck."

Looking to the exit in which Ellena and Gisella had departed through, her brows rose, smiling gently. "Gisella is probably dressing her up as though she were the Kona..." The young matriarch chuckled softly and glanced back to her sister. "Is there anything else troubling you, Hex? Or that you would just like to talk to family about?"
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex leaned back, placing her empty tea beside her.

"You do realize that this is the longest that I have been unarmed since I left home? I guess I have been on edge for so long that even when I relax I think of defence"

Pausing...

"As far as anything else, let me come to grips with mother on my own terms at my own time. I do not think that the here and now is the right time." Hex looked at her sister with pleading in her eyes not to press the issue....

Sighing Hex lean back again to give her father a wink.

"Other than that father, my love life has not been the best as of late. Pirates and ex-pirates are not exactly what I have been looking for. If I were to stay, if, what do you think I could do here?"
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~
Zhavon Mikhalrian

They chuckled quietly at Hex's declaration of her longest stretch without a weapon. Their father rose from his place and disappeared out of the tent through the main entrance. Kiran's brow rose for just a flicker, watching Solarin as he exited before glancing back to Hex. "I imagine he's fetching you some replacements."

She leaned over and gripped Hex's hand in her own, her face sympathetic. "As you wish, Hex, we can talk, if you ever want to talk, at a later date about it..." Her sister offered her a warm, gentle smile and returned to her position, back straight against the chair.

It was then that Solarin returned, bearing a matching set of daggers, entering just to catch Hex's declaration of her love life. He laughed quietly and offered her the twin blades, sheathed in natural leather that was tooled with their clan's markings. "I've kept those for a while, for you, Hex..." Of the love life comment, he said nothing, though his voice was thick with emotion.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex took the daggers from her father, her heart pounding as she looked them over in her hands. Without a word she went over to him and embraced hin in a mighty hug, giving his cheek a kiss, a mumbled "Thank you" in his ear. Not wanting to place him in an position he was not used to, Hex looked at his eyes for a moment before moving over to her sister.

"Lets see what the Kona has to say, and my friends and myself get settled a bit, then yes, let us talk of things."

Looking down on her sister fondly...

"Now for some reason I have become obsessed wit hairdressing so lets move away from heavy conversation while I fix my hair. Father, how is the trading? Kiran, what are your plans?" Hex sat with the brace of daggers in her lap as she worked on a new braided design for her hair.
~
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Solarin's wide arms wrapped about his daughter's form, squeezing her in a bear like hug before releasing her. He settled back into his chair, obviously pleased with himself, though, slightly embarrassed by Hex's sudden display of warm affection.

The room was quiet for a moment or two before Hex changed the topic, moving onto the more lighthearted topics at hand. Kiran laughed quietly, watching her sibling as the youngster started to braid her hair with care. Brows lifted again in surprise, as though she didn't quite believe the statement until she saw it, but she didn't chose to comment on it. The matriarch gestured with a flick of her wrist for her father to answer Hex before she attended to her own reply, knowing that the man could go on in length about the subject. This was just her way of keeping it short, for both her benefit as well as Hex's.

Seeing his eldest daughter give him the signal to reply first, jumped into the conversation with gusto. "Well, Otto's becoming quite the skilled young man. Already his name is spoken amongst the clans and it is certain that he will surpass even his much praised father!" Of course, he just laughed at his own wit at referring to himself as if he didn't know who Otto's father was.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex smiled as she listened to her father. She had been working on a new look with regards to her hair. Where her normal braids were she had woven her hair into many smaller braids, then taking those smaller braids and weaving them into her more traditional braid. She left the remainder of her hair loose and free. Calmly running a bone comb through her long locks.

Smiling at her father...

"You are obviously very pleased with his progress. It is good to hear that he has taken skill from you and advanced it. It shows that our family spirt is growing. Sister, what of you?"
~
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Ellena looked momentarily surprised by the barbarian comment from Gisella but chuckled knowing what the woman meant. She looked around curiously, finding the idea of living in a tent very different from what she was used to, yet trying not to stare in case she appeared rude. It surprised the foreigner how cosy a tent could be, but having heard of how bitterly cold Trothguard could be she supposed that was necessary.

At Gisella's words, she nodded slightly, reaching up to touch a hand to her hair.

"Oh yes, the feathers" she said, "Those are symbolic, aren't they? I'm afraid I don't know much about your customs, but I have seen that there seem to be particular ways of wearing the feathers."

She took the dress offered by Gisella, finding it thick and warm in her hands and offered her thanks. A little unsure if she was supposed to just put it on now, she saw that Gisella seemed to be waiting for her to act and so simply turned her back to her, glad of the warmth of the brazier as she quickly tugged off the shirt she had been wearing onboard the ship and slipped the dress over her head. She pulled her breeches off once the dress was on and straightened up, glancing at Gisella to see what she thought. The dress, not having been made for her, was not a perfect fit, but it seemed close enough and would be much better than the clothes she had been left with following the shipwreck.

"What do you think? Will I do?" she asked of the other woman, smiling at the thought of being able to fit in. She couldn't help thinking of the surprising turn her life had taken - one minute she was at home in Dort with no expectations of seeing the world and the next she was trying to fit in with the natives of Trothguard!

I wonder what Zarias would think if he could see me?

The thought was in her mind before she could stop it and her face fell just a little before she could hide what she was thinking. She couldn't let herself think about what might have happened to the young man, marooned by the captain of the ship, or she would not be able to cope so she forced theunpleasant thoughts to the back of her mind and concentrated on the dress.

"It's certainly very comfortable." she said, smiling for Gisella's benefit.
Zhavon Mikhalrian

Hex

Solarin's laughter rumbled up from within his chest at Hex's comment. "I am very pleased with his progress, daughter, he has done very well and does our family proud with his accomplishments. You should see him, perhaps he could make you something a little special by way of a welcome home gift." Her father winked, though, settling into a soft chuckle as he leaned into his chair.

Now the platform of conversation turned to Kiran, something that she wasn't uncomfortable with. Like most women, she enjoyed speaking, and talking to her family just added all that more pleasure. Especially given the way that Hex had been gone for so long. "Ah, well... Much of the same, I'm afraid, Hex. Entertaining a few suitors, but nothing really strikes me, just yet. I am enjoying my freedom." She smiled serenely though, and sipped upon her cooling tea.

Ellena

Gisella didn't seem to mind that Ellena was looking around the tent. In fact, it was more as though she was pleased to be showing the foreigner her living conditions, as if trying to prove that Trothgard was just as civilized as anywhere else. At the question of the feathers, the woman brightened, pleased to explain.

"Oh else, they are very special. We travel to Fronigtalle, where the Hippogyphs live, and we have to pray to the Ice Queen for her favour so one of the Hippogryphs will find us worthy enough to accept our offerings. If they do, we are given a feather, and wear it there after. When it's worn like this," she said, gesturing to her own feather, worn high on the left side of her face, "It means we're contented to remain single. If it's on the right side, it means we're married, low on the right side means we're looking for another spouse." Gisella smiled and turned about, waiting for Ellena to finish changing.

When the woman was clothed, she smiled, clapping her hands at the effect of Ellena's change. She moved towards Ellena, lowering herself to her knees to tug the dress down, measuring how far it fell to the floor and if there was anything they had to hem. "I think it looks splendid, Ellena. I'll get you an apron and a shawl and you'll look perfect!" As such, she missed the saddened look that crossed Ellena's face as she searched in her chest for a needle and thread.

"I have some leggings here, too, that you might want to wear if you get too cold. And a nice pair of fur lined boots, if you don't have anything yet. I have a pair of broaches you can borrow until we can get you some of your own. Are you going to stay here in Trothgard?"

She looked up for a moment, the needle with its dangling thread held between her pressed lips. "Hold still, please, I just need to hem this for you..."
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Ellena smiled in spite of herself to see Gisella's reaction to her changed appearance.

"This is so kind of you, Gisella." she said sincerely, "I'm afraid I lost everything when our ship was wrecked except for the clothes I was wearing and my cloak - I left it behind this morning as it was still damp, but it should be okay by now."

As she stood as still as spossible to allow Gisella to hem the dress, Ellena considered the other woman's question. In dealing with everything that had happened she had given no thought to what she would actually do now. She had initially left Dort knowing only that she needed to get away from home and see something of the world; however, it was not until she had met Zarias that her plans had become more focused. If everything had gone to plan, she could have been with him in the Citadel by now ... But as it was, she didn't know where he was or even if he was still alive - another thought too dreadful to linger over long. The young woman didn't know what to do for the best ...

"I don't know." she confessed, "I never expected to even be in Trothguard, let allow staying. Not that it isn't nice to be here!" she added, anxious that Gisella would not be offended thinking that she wasn't grateful for their hospitality. "It's nice for Hex to be back home with her family and for us to meet you all and to have been made so welcome - I just wish it had been under different circumstances ... I don't know how long I will stay - I will need to rethink what I am going to do now."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Deciding that the dress she was wearing would do, Hex moved and selected a more sturdy set of boots for her walking about. Her feet still hurt from the landing and she did not want to over do it. All the walking she had been doing though was helping her get back different muscle groups of her legs as the space on the ship was confined in a different way. Happy with her physique and her over all fitness Hex selected a pair of knee high boots made from elk skin, lined with fox fur. They had a sturdy and reenforced sole for walking. Her dress though hung a little loose around her waist.

"Sister, do you have a sash, perhaps red, that I could tie this with? Perhaps something that would cover the belt of my daggers? Much of the same?"

Giving her sister a sly look and a wink...

"I hope you were not waiting for me to come home to start having more girls for this family were you?" Hex waited a moment and then laughed.

"Come sister, you must have some of that red berry paste for the lips, lets show Rimehold a different Hex then the one they remember."

Glancing towards the tent flap..

"Gisella!, what are you doing in there to Ellena? You should have been a few burns not trying to push a candlemark. I would like to be out during tradetide, not looking to leave during eveningtide."

Hex gave Kiran a wink as she waited for her sister to help her find an appropriate sash and her lip paste.
~

Return to “Trothgard Archive”