Hunting Plains: Scatha, Arvana, Brynhild (Samheen 15th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Indeed it was... The thick branches kept them from actually seeing the thing. But whatever it was, it was big and strong judging from the thick branch that came tumbling down a tree a few feet further.

Evan's mouth dropped open: "That's impossible..." he looked at his sibling as if to conform that what they had just seen hadn't happened.

Lirahn looked at the branch and looked even more confused for a moment. With one arm he pushed Arvana back and advanced to the tree. Evan did the same, bearing nothing but a simple knife.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha was bemused; what was impossible? She sidled up to Evan, the broken spear still readied in her hand, peering up into the tree to see what it might be; "What is it?" she hissed at him...
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"

Post by Guest »

((OOC: I am sooo sorry guys. I am grounded from the computer for a week and I wont be able to post until then. And Welcome aboard Elvin. When did you get here?? :wink: )
Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

Post by Brynhild da`Waelkyrige »

OOC: I've had fun playing here, but right now my heart just isn't in it anymore. Besides, grad school is starting to take up more and more of my time and mental capacity. In other words, I'm quitting the board. The game master is more than welcome to take over my character and take care of her in some fashion or other.

Brynhild
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC:
Arvana, we'll see you in a wekk :). Brynhild, it is sad to see you go but Tazlure should always be fun to its players. Good luck with grad school and hopefully this is not a farewell but a goodbye.

IC:
Evan almost whirled around and put his knife in Scatha, so focussed he was on the tree. "Get back," he hissed, "Such beasts do not live here. Nothing here can possibly do that. You..."

What he was going to say was lost in the blur of events that followed. Something plunged out of the tree so fast that it's form was hidden for a moment. Both Evan, Lirahn and Brynhild stepped back, the three of them falling on their knees. Lirahn uttered but a single word, staring in awe: "Hippogryph."

Tall as a horse, with the forequarters of an eagel and the hindquarters of an equine and almost purely white, that was all Scatha saw before its claws slashed the piece of spear out of her hands and closed around her waist, lifting her up. With an eagle's cry the Hippogryph took off, carrying Scatha away.

OOC:
Scatha, you can continue in the thread <i>Icy Mountains, Lush Vallyes.</i>
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi

Post by Guest »

((OOC: Am I the only one left in this thread? What do I do now??))

Arvana watches in awe, as the hippogryph swoops in. Running, she tries to reach Scatha before she is carried away, with no such luck. As the hippogryph flies away with her friend, the young adhiel turns to the brothers, "Now what?"
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC: yes, at this moment you are, Arvana. The posting rates of players were so far apart that we decided to split up the threads to accomodate everyone

IC:
Evan stared in the direction where the Hippogryph disappeared and it took quite some time before he realized that Arvana had asked him a question: "What? Oh... well..."

"The Ice Queen has chosen Scatha," Lirahn replied, "we can't do anything about this. It is best if you report this to the Kona at your meeting tonight, Arvana," he looked at the forest and muttered, "Idon't feel like hunting anymore... Perhaps we should return?"

Post by Guest »

Arvana nods in astonishment. "Chosen Scatha! I knew she special." She yells out to the sky, "You go girl." Turning back to the two beside her, she smiles, showing her white teeth. "A privilege?" Not knowing much about trothgard and it's traditions, she supposed that being chosen by the Ice Queen was I good thing.

Walking back to the camp with Lirahn and Evan, the young adhiel kept thinking about Scatha, hoping that the girl was doing well. Her mind kept picturing her friend being scooped up in the animals claws, and carried off, only for them to feast upon her. Being sure that that was not it's intention, she can't help but think the worst for a friend she has come attached to.

Post by Guest »

Lirahn smiled faintly at Arvana's sudden outburst, but even so, worried creases had appeared on his forehead. Likewise, Evan muttered darkly to himself while glancing northwards against a grey horizon. "C'mon, Arvana," said the younger of the two, trying to sound cheerful. A biting wind had taken up, but the two men seemed barely to notice its crisp caress. Left Arvana's feet were a number of moss campions embracing a little tussock. Some of the last petals caught in the strong breeze and disappeared farther into the woods. Summer was short in the merciless cold of Trothgard.

"You see, Arvana," commented Lirahn kindly, "there have been signs - or at least rumours of signs - that a time of strife is awaiting the Northern Isle. And now this, your friend taken away by one of the Ice Queen's own creatures, a hippogryph. What might it all mean? With the Kona's daughter off to marry the Caesar of the Seven Isles as well. Not everybody appreciates that." His tone made it quite clear he had little respect for those that did not recognize of the Kona's decision as they should. Evan's long strides had taken him a few paces before Lirahn and Arvana, and he was walking with a demeanor that hardly expressed joy. In a feeble attempt at lightening the mood, Lirahn leant down towards the elf. "He's unhappy because he wants to throw your friend Scatha over his shoulder again."

Post by Guest »

Arvana watches the expressions glide over Lirahn's face, before letting any emotion onto her own. "So it not a good thing?" Seeming worried, the maidan looks to the direction Scatha was carried. "I say we go find her. No thing takes friend away from me."

At Lirahn's attempt of a joke, she gives a small smile. "But..but...Nevermind." She liked both the brothers, maybe one a bit more then the other, but who could blame her? These two brothers are certainly not her type. They are so roguish, so completely handsome. She grins at her thoughts, but quickly hides it, as it is not the time or the place for such things.

Post by Guest »

Evan's long steps made it difficult for Arvana to keep up with the pace. The large Trothgarder seemed in a hurry, as did indeed his younger brother though he tried slowing the pace to a more comfortable stride for Arvana. Lirahn considered the elf's words for a moment. He was about to speak when Evan turned around.

"The Kona must hear the news," said the older brother. "Immediately." And his gaze lifted towards the skies where Scatha had been mysteriously taken off by the hippogryph. Then, with a nod to both of them, Evan was off. Long strides quickly carried him out of sight as he ran back towards Rimehold. Lirahn sighed.

"Less hunting, more worry," he commented.

(OOC: Nicely done, Arvana! We're gonna timejump to a thread the 18th to keep up with the Synch Event, alright? Continued for Arvana here: Rimehold: Arvana (Samheen 18th) :) )
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trothgard Archive”