The Assassin's Guild ~ Samheen 18th

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Torigm Khace

The Assassin's Guild ~ Samheen 18th

Post by Torigm Khace »

Perhaps the most unpleasing building to the eye in the all of Gulanadur is the Assassin's Guild. Situated next Dark's Knight Guild, what it lacks in beauty if makes up for in sheer size

The building you approach is one gigantic cube, unmarked for its purpose is well known, and large enough to house almost a hundred souls (However no one knows how many reside within). There is but one entrance way, a modest stone door facing in towards the spire.

Many rumors fly about what the training is like inside those walls, but the only ones who truly know, are the ones inside. It is rare to catch an assassin leaving his guild, and he will not utter a word about what takes place behind the lone stone door.

Beside that stone door a rope hangs from a bell latched above the doorway, ringing this bell will gain you entrance, but it will take much more than a curious whimsy to gain the company of what many say are the deadliest assassin's in all of Tazlure.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Scornac

Scornac awakens to a beautiful black skinned face peering down at him. A slight weight is on his chest as she is leaning on his body staring at his face. When his eyes open, "It's about time."

She lifts herself up off Scornac's prone form and sways across the room. The soft purple lights of the waters of Gulanadur mingle here with delicate hues of blue and green and white as the cross pollination of moss spreads along the walls from floor to ceiling.

"Habriul will be pleased. Be glad that he brought that old bastard's boot to me as well, or else I might have not been able to save you. I thought about letting you die, but now both you and Habriul owe me a favor. Don't move for a bit, the blood will need time to process the catalysts I've placed in your system. You're still poisoned but I have my ways. Make sure you don't screw anyone for a day either. You'll find your speech slurred for a bit, but you'll be able to communicate well enough. Habriul will be back after a bit. He's gone off to talk with the head mistress."

Post by Guest »

Scornac lay there listening. His vision was slightly blurred, but was returning as he noticed that he was not under water, but in fact back in the assassins guild, looking up at the moss that seemed to grow everywhere. Knowing that much he started trying to figure out what was going on. His mind was a vast spinning wheel of visions that he had to pick up one at a time, and drop them into the right place.

Finally managing to sort out the nights events, or days, he couldn't remeber, he was able to guess where he was. This was the assassins guild expert on poisons, or the poison lady as Habriul had called her. He tried to say something to her wordws to let her know he understood, but all that came out was a garggle. He gave a sigh that sounded more lie some unatural growl, and studied the cieling wondering what was going on at that moment between the headmistress, and habriul, and wether they would met again on this plane of exsitence, or beside Anasati.

His thoughts of Anasati brought again the events to mind. He closed his eyes, and said a silent prayer in his mind thanking her for his life, and for the life of Habriul.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Habriul came in with his head low, "Rallinda..." he said and the woman of poison left the room. Habriul leaned against the far wall looking at Scornac, his expression of very disconcerting. He studied Scornac for a little while before turning and walking to another corner of the room where set of drawers stood against the wall. On top the drawers was a piece of polished stone that stood several lengths off the top surface of the drawers.

Habriul breathed on the stone and wiped his hand over the surface. In the swiped area the image of Zala smirking appeared briefly and the surface of the stone returned to normal. Habriul then turned back to examine Scornac to see if he had been watching. "When your tongue obeys you again, you will speak with the headmistress. Remember your manners. Smoke?" Habriul pulled a small pouch of black substance from his shirt pocket and a long thin pipe. He stuffed the end with a pinch and snapped his fingers over the bowl. A spark of flame and a puff of smoke erupted from the bowl. Habriul puffed.

Post by Guest »

Scornac had been laying there pondering on his thoughts. He was going over everything in his mind. He felt reassured once his limbs started mving again, and he was able to grip the amulet in his pocket. The warmth he felt on it was reassuring. He pulled it out, and sitting up, placed it around his neck. Standing still holding the symbol of the dark queen between his fingers Scornac nodded to habriul, and surprisingly spoke. "I am ready sir." HE said nothing more as there was nothing more to be said.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Habriul placed his thumb over the end of the pipe bowl and the smoke died. The greenish moss directly above him glowed brightly for a few seconds then returned to it's normal luminescence. Habriul wordlessly led Scornac out of the room and down several twisting corridors. The direction within the guild walls still seemed to befuddle the fledgling assassin, but quickly they arrived in a smaller room.

Rallinda, the woman who he and others referred to as the Poison Lady, dropped her head and would not meet Habriul in the eyes. The small sound of air rushed through the lips of a silhouetted figure by a window. The window oddly enough displayed a vast expanse of water beneath a dark sky laden heavily with pinpricks of lights. Scornac had heard stories of the surface world at night with things called stars and the image certainly matched the description.

Rallinda ducked out of the room and closed the door behind her. Habriul ducked to one knee and bowed his head, "Headmistress, I have brought the boy as you have asked. He can verify the first Elamshin job. I had him deal the killing blow before I delivered the body to the Temple." Habriul tapped Scornac's knee and did a quick motion for him to get down.

Post by Guest »

Scornac was entranced by the outside beauty of the night. He stared, not at anyone around, but at the stars, or heavens, as those above put it. The sharp rap on his knee brought him to his senses. He dropped to his knees head bowed, and opened his mout to speak. He remembered first his lessons, and kept quiet until spoken to. He did not want to anger the headmistress. He already felt he had done so before.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

The headmistress stared out the window for a moment longer, "Get up, both of you. The weaponsmaster here tells me that you have performed well on this job, but perhaps not so well if the Poison Mistress had to revive you. Tell me, Scornac, do you know how assassin's in this guild are ranked? I doubt you've yet been told this. And I'll only let you know where you are at. From there you should be able to guess the rest. You are absolute blackness. You need to do your jobs in the dark where no one can see you so that you have a chance to get away.

"I think perhaps you were lucky to have Habriul there to drag your carcass back to the guild, and here you are, a walking corpse, you should have died, but the Poison Mistress agreed by Habriul's begging no doubt to let you live. I am unconvinced of your worthiness for a new chance on life however. Habriul, you must stay by me until Scornac returns. Scornac of the Dark must do the next job alone.

"In the bazaar, a woman sits. Eskizuria Elamshin. At a small cafe, she waits for a new lover. Your job is to get her someplace quiet and kill her. I don't care how you do it, but when you're done, carry her body tot he Temple of Anasati, ask for Babin, and return with the ring of Elamshin that Eskizuria wears as proof. Perhaps then, you will have a hope to be Scornac of the Candlelight."

Habriul is holding your map of the guild and marks the path out before handing it back to you. The silhouette of the headmistress against the night sky through the window stares at you.

Post by Guest »

Scornac stodd, and listened carefully taking mental notes remembering everything he had been through everything he knows. He nodded to the headmisstrises words. He made sure to remember the name, and that the ring was needed. He looked around the room for the first time then back to the headmistress. He bowed his head. "Yes headmistress, and I have on question. Will I be able to have the use of weapons upon this job, if so I would like to be the one to choose them." He continued to look at her silhouette unwavering as he felt how oddly cold the amulet to anasati felt around his neck.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

"If I have to repeat myself, I get very angry. At this rate you will never be more than a common thug whom the dark knights take into their dens and torture for a few days before releasing back onto the streets to catch again."

Her face turned towards you, "I don't care how you do it. Eskizuria is likely sitting in the middle of the bazaar at some cafe looking for her next lover. now go!" The last two words were breathed out forcefully through gritted teeth.

Post by Guest »

Scornac hid back his anger. He was tired of being talked down to. He turned and left the room map in hand, and not even caring to follow the route he examined the spot where he was. he quickly ran to his room, and changed then headed out into the street. He looked around, and followed the path from the night before. He had tucked the blade from his desk gently up his sleeve, and had changed into the clothes that were in his room. They were at least clean. He trudged toward the bazaar making his way slowly and cautiously, but making sure not look suspiciuos.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

late Evening tide

Habriul waited inside the door for Scornac to return. In his boredom he peeked out the entrance, allowing the normal doorsman to take a break. Habriul had wanted Eskizuria but he would not dare cross the Headmistress, yet.

"How do you think he did it?" It was the poison lady's voice behind Habriul. He had heard the silent tread however and was not startled.

"I think he gutted her. No pleasure. I just don't see much pleasure in the boy. "

"Perhaps it's the task, he regrets."

Habriul shrugged. Silence, and Rallinda stalked away. Habriul's eyes barely blinked as he stared out the hidden watch holes waiting for his young apprentice.

Post by Guest »

It was not long before the shadowns along the building oustide moved and Scornac stepped forth into the light of the glowing moss. He looked a little disshelved, but all was well. Walking to the door he pulled the cord the rung the bell inside.

He was standing there looking over the building almost able to feel the eyes of someone watching him. He shook slightly, and waited to be let in. He would remember this time to hold his tounge with the door man. Last time he almost had his throat slit.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

The door slid open and Habriul was staring at Scornac, a slight smirk on his face. "So you return. How did it go? Get a little ebon?" Habriul used the common slang of the streets for other illicit but fun activities.

"Explain on the way to the head mistress." The way was dark as usual, the muffled sounds echoed softly only a short distance over the walls. Habriul walked only slightly ahead of Scornac on the way.

Post by Guest »

Scornac smirked as the door slid and Habriul began his questioning. He stepped into the building trying not to laugh at the question. "No I am sorry to disappoint, but I found more pleasure in thinking of the kill than of her. I too found more pleasure when my blade slipped between her shoulder blades in the back of some unsuspecting Adhiels house. Is this what you wanted to know or should I give full details. I wouldn't doubt though if some expert spy was on my trtail the whole time." Scornac smirked as he figured this. The headmistress probably knew the whole story inside and out.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

"At some point in time, a certain degree of trust must come from the guild to let its members do as they must. Whether or not, this was one of those times." Habriul let his sentence trail off as they reached the door to the room in which Scornac had met the headmistress before.

A taut black tarp covered the wall where the window to a strange place was. On the trap the chalk marks of an unknown language and the a chart of some kind. The markings and the chart covered the entire rear wall of the room and the headmistress was dressed in tight black leathers. Without even a glance over her shoulder, "Welcome back master and student, what does the student have to report?"

She stood ready with a piece of chalk over a box. Other similar boxes of the chart had been marked out. Three boxes horizontally parallel to one another had been crossed out. Only 2 including the one where the headmistresses hand hovered waiting remained on that line. Above them all, a single box remained intact.

Post by Guest »

Scornac bowed his head slightly to the mistress before speaking. "Mistress I have to report that Eskizuria was killed by my hand earlier this night. I would have to gues one mark before the change to evening tide. I could recount this to you if you would like Mistress." He brought up now words of what he had said moments before, how he had questioned their trust in him.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

"No, that will not be necessary. I would like to know what you thought about while you were killing one of my dear old friends however? Was it a pleasure? A pain? Exciting? Could you kill a thousand more times and feel the same each and every time knowing it would never change?"

She let the questioning drift off in silence as she crossed through the box with the chalk. When the mark was done, her arm flopped to her side and she turned with a cold expression to listen intently yet blankly to what Scornac had to say.

Habriul leaned against the wall with his head down, a small dagger and a rag in his hand as he slowly wiped the blade down over and over.

Post by Guest »

Scornac's mind was racing at the thought of what had just been asked. He couldn't lie now that habriul knew his feelings. The sound of the cloth upon the blade seemed a warning to him to tell the trtuth. Bowing his head he thought how to word his next statement, one that could very well be his last.

"I felt excitement, a sort of joy. Like I was letting out a part of me i never knew was there. It wsa like breathing in fresh air for the first time, or the first glass of wine in your throat. I could kill again, and again, but I tell you now none will ever be the same as the first, none will ever be the same as the last for with each kill comes new, and trying experinces to be learned, and new skills to be tested. This is how, and what I will feel."

He had no doubt an answer such as that would be death upon is Habriuls blade. He expected no less of the mistress than for her to run him through herself.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

While the air around Scornac seemed to tension, the mistress very casually, calmly stroll forward to be standing right in front of him. Her breath was hot and sweet and she whispered, "Good." She let the word linger before turning carefully and slowly stepping away towards Habriul.

"You should both get some rest. Tomorrow will prove to be much more difficult. There is one other that you must kill. The eldest Elamshin stands in the way of our clients goals and he will occupy the final grave by next Eventide. Zala and another are taking care of the contract before him. He will surely know that something is afoot by now. Good."

Habriul opened his mouth for a second but snapped it shut, wary of interrupting or questioning the mistress. Instead he simply bowed and walked to the doorway of the room waiting.

Post by Guest »

Scornac was feeling much better he shook slightly as the words wrapped around his mind. I did it. Thankyou Anasati for the courage you lent me. He bowed to the mistress and to the dark godess as he backed away toward the door where Habriul should. He stopped beside him and looked at him closely before speaking. "I really must be getting to bed. Long day ahead of us. I can find my way easy enough with my map." Bowing to his master he pulled the map out that was always in his pocket. He didn't move though he had the feeling the elder adhiel wanted to say something.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Habriul looked at Scornac and looked thoughtful. He studied Scornac's face, and took a deep breath in and let a long slow breath out. He nodded in a slight way and a small grin accentuated by tiny crow's feet at the corners of his eyes grew on his face. "Good" he said and looked over his shoulder on for a second before disappearing in the darkness of the maze of hallways of the Assassin's guild.

Scornac found his way easily to his room, it was as he remembered it, quiet, neat, with a strong lock on the door.

Post by Guest »

Scornac had not been tired upon entering the room, but now that he saw the bed he yawned and stretched a bit. In his oppinion it had been a good day. He had done his job. He thought again of Eskizuria, and he felt his stomach churn a bit. he couldn't get the woman from his mind. He could remember her lips, and it made his stomach clench.

Gritting his teeth against the feelings he shoved her from his mind. He layed back on the bed attempting sleep. He pressed himself into the bed as he closed his eyes to force out the glowing moss, and welcome in the unconcious darkness of sleep.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”