Magic Guild - Shared Quarters - Gilanor, Ssinith ~ 19th

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Magic Guild - Shared Quarters - Gilanor, Ssinith ~ 19th

Post by Guest »

Breakfast wasn't much more than some fruit and bread that Gilanor had managed to pick up the day before for just that purpose. Mainly since he hadn't found going to a class with a empty stomach very pleasant, but for now Gilanor was paying much attention to the food at all. Indeed his only care for it was to ensure that no bits or crumbs managed to touch the pages of the text in front of him.

The text that Tin had retrieved so easily from among the scattered works of the library had his attention at present. Though he knew he had classes later this morningtide he wanted to try and get through as much as this text as possible. His assignments and practise for his classes had been completed as required right now he wanted to try and move ahead of the game.

For every time he turned around the last couple of days things seemed to be moving beyond him once again. The library and the now clearly larger mess that it was in, the need for survival skills, since he was required to venture out into the spire for food at least, and other such things. It was also clear that true mastery of Magic was something that was going to take him longer than he had believed before coming to the Guild.

For while he had heard of the time it normally took to achive Master the Art, it clearly seemed that had been an indicated of Mastery over a particular area of the Art. The true Mastery would be obtained only as a Arch magi, and it seemed from that first class at least that venturing down the normal approach to Mastery might well forever block him from such an achievement. It was something that he hadn't planned on when he had arrived at the Guild but something that he would certainly have to consider from now on.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Typical of Ssinith, he was crashed out on the bed with one of the books at his side and his spyglasses tilted to the side of his head as the light snoring signaled Ssinith's presense. His hair was quite the braided mess, sprawled out as if he had done something else other than reading that night...

... Although, knowing him, he would get the same reaction from reading a fine book in bed as he would sleeping with another in it.

He wasn't disturbing, but only the gods know when he got to bed last night and classes may be starting shortly.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

The text was dry and expected. The same things that the professor had talked about seemed to be rehashed over and over again in the text. Amusing however were notes written in the columns and interesting drawings adorned the pages. Previous students apparently hadn't thought much about this text or the professors teaching them.

The second chapter is somewhat less critical and notes written in red begin to appear. The red notes seem to give keywords like, "foci", "in shadow red", and "by tooth don't breath". Keys of how to remained focused, the different types of energy of Gulanadur and ways to focus magic are underlined in the odd red liquid.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Zzzzzz... *THUD*

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith tossed a bit in his sleep, slowly turning to his side... then turning again...

... and falling off the bed with the covers wrapped around him like a tortilla.

"Meeeeh..." he groaned, his head poking out from the sheets.

He looked up at Gilanor, blinking tiredly at the dim hue of the purple moss lights and slowly sat up with a rude yawn and a crack of the neck.

"How was your night out?" Ssinith said in a yawn.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION

Post by Guest »

"Alive at last I see Ssinith, it wasn't really much of a night out." Gilanor replied, before continuing to speak as he changed topics.

"After I sorted some things out I made use of one of the study rooms in the rotunda. This text and some of the others are very interesting with lots of interesting hints and suggestions. This one that Tin pointed out tends to repeat much of what the professor was talking about at first, but the second chapter is different and interesting."

Shifting around in his seat Gilanor held the text out to Ssinith, "Here have a look at this if you can get the sleep out of your eyes. Its seems like an interesting suggestion about how to remain focus, I'll have to practise it and see if I can get it working."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Tooth?

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith rubbed his eyes and took the book in his hands, noting the red-noted areas about focus and energies.

"By tooth, don't breathe?" Ssinith inquired. "That is an odd one. Teeth as a focus? What kind? I have heard that certain gems can act as a focus for certain energies, but teeth are a new one for me."

He scratches his head for a moment, pondering finding a focus and reading on over the types of energies that this world had to offer. Perhaps it would explain why he couldn't move stone last night.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

For the moment the text, the redness, the book, the meaning of it all was an enigma, even more so to the recently awakened mind. The pages and the text became more esoteric as the book progressed, as though the gradual progression of code and symbol were being moved directly into the words of the text.

It would be difficult to decipher the arcane symbols enough to determine precisely why stone wouldn't move at the will of a beginner. A new day beckoned more strongly than the text before them.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Oh well...

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith shrugged and gathered himself together. Looking to and fro, he rummaged through his finer clothes and decided not to wear the robe today after getting batted at the Inn previously. He needed to find a place with a bath and a place that washed clothes... perhaps a trip home would be needed?

He needed to tame his hair and see if Mason had returned yet. He would need to do some study in the alchemical lab quickly if he was to aid where the Moonlady did not. Besides, he was hoping to get a little free food out of the deal if he could. He didn't care if it was oatmeal at this point... man could not live on books alone... of course, he would be kind enough to wait until the crops were better.

He tied his hair in a braid tightly behind him, knowing what Alchemy can do sometimes. He was also sure not to wear loose sleeves, but to still dress well to impress Mason... for even an apprentice must look prominant in the eyes of one who knows nothing about magic. He could be considered a little homely compared to some Adhiel, but there was something about the spyglasses that made him look so much better looking. He knew it too. There was also something about yellows, oranges and reds for him. He was, indeed, an eccentric with his tastes with his red tunic and orange and gold pants. His black shoes and vest accented the piece well... despite it being a little odd.

All he cared about is that somehow, he made it work as fashion, particularly with his long hair. He did not wear gloves, knowing the type of work he would be doing. Allowing his braid to rest on his shoulder, he looked over to Gilanor.

"Well... here's to a beginning of another day." Ssinith replied with a salute. "I assume you will be doing library duty later today?"

~S'sinith

NOMINATION

Post by Guest »

"I'll indeed be at the library later." Gilanor stated, before looking over the pages of the book once again, but setting it at the back of the study desk. Rising to his feet as Ssinith went to leave the dorm room, he picked up his books and moved to follow him. His class scheduled didn't seem concentrated on anything particular at the moment, but was rather scattered with various basic classes.

Which frankly was exactly the way he wanted it to be given the belief he had conceived in his first class. Even if it didn't prove to be the case certainly getting an understanding of a variety of approaches to magic couldn't hurt in the long run.

"Have a good day in class, Ssinith." Gilanor said, as he saw his fellow student turn out of the room in the opposite direction he needed to go

So with Ssinith going off in one direction he headed off towards his first class which seemed to be a topic involved in the study of illusions. Well maybe by studying how one used magic to cloud another perceptions, he might be able to train his own in how to see through the illusions it currently placed on the reality of magical energies.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

The room is empty as the students part in their separate directions.

OOC: You can each start a new thread in the next location you wish to be. This thread will remain open so that you can return to this room at a later point in the day.

JOE--

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”