The Fine Rose Inn - Samheen 19th Eveningtide

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Post by Guest »

Just as they were joined by the exotic dark Adhiel, Unn touched L’esuinn’s hand and the girl almost yelped with surprise. A sudden warmth spread through her at the contact, that the startled young woman found oddly pleasant. She closed her fingers gently around the pale Human’s, forgetting entirely that she had not introduced Unn to Goldentree.

L’esuinn marvelled momentarily at the realization that there was yet another beautiful woman in her company. She glanced at Goldentree to judge his reaction to the sudden addition, and was surprised to discover that he did not seem particularly enthused.

With a mental shrug, L’esuinn followed Goldentree, still holding Unn’s hand in hers and feeling no desire to release it. She was surprised that the dark Adhiel followed, as she did not seem interested in what they were doing. Then the woman asked for introductions, and the look she gave both Unn and herself made L’esuinn hold more firmly to Unn’s pale hand. Perhaps it was Unn’s company that the dark Adhiel sought, rather than Goldentree’s?

Realizing that Unn might have difficulty understanding the woman, L’esuinn whispered a simple explanation of what dark Adhiel had said, and then a careful translation into Common.

“I am L’esuinn,” the young woman offered quietly, but further converse was halted by Borne’s words. She looked to Goldentree for his reaction, and then to Unn.

Post by Guest »

Putting the letter to the matter Nyae’rinthas felt rather ignored by the odd bunch of people. Observing them for a short bit it became clear they possible had other ideas on their minds them. The border guard dashed out of the door so quickly one would think he was changing back into pumpkin when the bell strikes midnight… Seeing the pale girl holding hands with the female adhiel made him raise an eyebrow or three. He had trouble seeing this was nothing more then a friendly chin up touch as those rarely happened between Humans and Adhiels. Still he should keep an open mind, as he wasn’t sure if they knew each other for years or had just met.

The dark lass yet seemed she was likely thinking dark matters as all of her kind tended to do a lot. If it hadn’t been for the moon lady itself their kind possible had become all evil killers, unable to feel any emotions beside hate, pain and anguish. He looked at her again as it seemed that the other two were mostly preoccupied with seemingly a little dance of flirt.

When another border patrol fellow came he raised an inexistent ‘fourth’ eyebrow and gazed upon this odd lad. His words gave a short chill to his spine as it seemed something dark and wicked likely was having a day during the nightly forest hours. Was it run around the inn for the border patrol, if they panicked already something really bad was going on. Definitely something was out there and he decided to raise his shield and pull his Bec de Corbin out. He looked at people who seemed could be ambushed any time soon now, as their mind were busy thinking about in his eyes trivial matters. He raised his voice so all that the group could hear him more clearly.

“Excuse me sleepy hoodwinks, haven’t any of you noticed something lethal is going on outside there? Stop this ‘I’m surprised’ business and get your gear together and prepare for possible conflict.”

He had felt danger before, still this amount of it was rather a new experience to him, and still he wasn’t planning to let it bring him of his feet.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

Raevyn feigned a smile as the human spoke to her, even though Raevyn's own grasp of human wasn't that good, she did understand the greeting. "Hello," she answered in human.

The assassin noticed the way the human and the other female elf had held hands, " L’esuinn, what a pretty name," Raevyn responded while twirling a few strands of hair around her finger before letting it fall back into place. Watching them briefly brought Raevyn to the conclusion that if anything was going on between the three, Goldrentree was just a spectator.

Then there was the half elf. The assassin almost melted as her glass of wine slipped out of her hands and spilled onto the floor. Her heart raced. He reminded Raevyn of her long lost love, Morgana. The resemblence was astonishing. She forcefully looked away before she would start to stare. Yet the impression he had given her would linger for awhile.

When he pulled out his weapon she automatically got on the defensive. His quick movement startled her and she immediately reached for the daggers that lied just inside the sleeves of her shirt, but didn't pull them out. Only when he spoke did she realize that he was of no threat to her and she relaxed somewhat.

Listening to his 'warning', the assassin then looked around into the distance to see if she could notice anything peculiar. That's when she remembered the threat made by that pesky lil wood elf Draydis. Surely all the commotion going on wasn't because of him. Her eyes focused in and she listened extra hard to try to tell if things were not as they should be, listening for sounds that both should or shouldn't be there.

One thing Raevyn did like about the half elf was his attitude. One that was similar to her own in some aspects. "I have not noticed anything," she said again in her native tongue. "Nothing yet at least, then again I have been inside the inn for the better part of a burn, it was still light out when I entered," she then added.

Realizing that she was inappropriately dressed, Raevyn knew that she would have to go back to the barracks and change out of her good clothes if she would be getting involved in anything. But first, she would have to pay her tab, she wasn't one to walk out on her debts.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com

Post by Guest »

He felt like a complete combination of an idiot and a jerk. If a mule was present he probably kicked him in the head twice and perhaps a third time for good luck. He drew his weapon indiscriminately just after he pondered the lethal factor of which the dark lady might have been capable of doing. Her glass dropping to the floor startled him slightly and he noticed her evasive stance. He knew she had to have weapons hidden on her and he could’ve felt a possible stinging sensation if it wasn’t for his ‘the evil is coming’ call.

He shivered at the thought of this situation; he was on the edge and all because of the darkness covering the entire day so far. The skies looked grim, a man comes in with terror in his face and motion… As she spoke he relaxed a bit, knowing that he was being unprofessional and unbecoming of the age he was trying to mimic. He looked at the dark skinned maiden and could understand that in this inn, ones mind could easily wander as he did only a minute ago himself. He walked a few steps after her, seeing that she had to be a reliable member of her kind. She seemed to be willing to pay her tab something not many dark Adhiel would do.

“I am… Excuse… My behaviour is… I just… have had a confusing and grim encounter today and was here blowing of steam, still this… border patrol man made me… tense.”

He was stuttering near the point of rambling. Quickly he made a gesture of apology and lowered his face. He placed his weapon back on the belt and tapped nervously on the inside of his kite shield he still wore tightly on his left arm. He had been acting much lately pretending to be an adult, still he barely had seen seventeen yahren and had trouble handling these additional gloomy matters…
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

"I do think it's within my rights to travel after night in my own nation, and don't you worry about my safety, I can take care of my self." He turned around to see where the others and he noticed that another one had joined them. Goldentree was no expert in these kinds of things, so luckily for him there was one in their group that was.

"Rae" he turned to the dark elf, which he disliked so much. "I think that you should lead it from here. I guess that it will be more problematic for him to see you if you don't want to be seen".

He took a step back and got close to the shaper. "L’esuinn, there is something strange here. Do you see all those birds flying away from somewhere? It seems that there is someone or something there that scares them, maybe we didn't hurt the twisted shaper as much as we hoped we did."
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

okies guys!

Let's all jump to this thread.

Something Evil This Way Come
Last edited by Scheherazade on Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Thread skilled, closed, and soon to be moved.
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Return to “T'aquar Archive”