Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Hi Turi.

Your story will continue here;

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.p ... 950#160950
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

This gate is now claimed for the modding seminar. All hail Fialessa!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Kimimaro walks up to the gates and says hi to the guards who are girls and like him very much. ^_^ he dos not like them he is grumpy & says nothing just walks past and y because he does not want people to get close to him. they watch him go because they wish he would stay but he leaves and he does not look at them
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

OOC: Hi Kimimaro, Welcome to Tazlure! I just have a few basic pointers to help you get along better in the game here... You need to remember that you can only control your own character's actions, not those of NPCs or the surrounding area, nor can you create NPCs as you go along. Also if you could save the chat room symbols (^-^) for the OOC areas, keeps the IC forums consistent and we'd really appreciate it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks!

IC: Watching as the newcomer approached the gates, Liam nodded his head at the fresh faced kid that was being trained for gate duty. Standing proudly in his new blue uniform Gideon strode over to stand in front the stranger, “'Scuse me sir, but yeh can't just walk right in ya know... Yeh gotta stop and give me yer name so you can be welcomed proper like.”

“Yeh know it's cust'mary to be showing yer papers an lettin us know where yer from and why yer here an all...” The kid was a little nervous, it being his first day and all. But he stood firm in front of Kimimaro not letting him past and waiting expectantly for his answers. He knew if this guy meant any trouble that at least Liam would back him up.
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]

Post by Guest »

oh no dont worry i get it now i post here right? ok ill do that then

kimi has not got papers so he just looks at the guards & they shake with fear because he is dead sexy and scary and grumpy and he looks lik he kills them then he says dont mess with me or i show you shaolin style and kick you open he draws his sword and the guard runs off because he is scared
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

The look that passed over Gideon's face was one that frankly said he could not believe this guy was actually gonna draw his sword. His own reaction was immediate despite the disbelief his hands went to his sword hilt and he drew his own. Now Gideon might be a nervous kid on this his first day, but that didn't mean he couldn't defend himself and his city when faced with the pointy end of someone's sword. One did not get put on gate duty if they didn't know how to use a sword, and use it well at that.

“Yeh sure yeh want to be doing this man?” His tone was forceful and he was clearly displeased that this should mar his first day. And it had been going so smoothly up until now. But he'd give the guy a chance to put his sword back, at best now the guy was gonna end up in a cell.

OOC: Check your private messages for the answers to your questions and please refrain from anymore ooc posts in this thread. Thank you.
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]

Post by Guest »

ok I get it now I'll post better in future. ^_^ my friend is checking my spellings for me so i do better and not be annoying!!! sorry!!

Kimimaro ignores what the guard saysbecausehe is stupid. he draws his dragon sword it is a gift from his father and hes been fighting with it since 5 years old it is huge and all the wommen go *swoon* to see it!!! ^_^ he smiles and stabs the guard and laughs to see his blood go everywhere anyone else want some?!? I dont like people to mess with me i can take you all on dont believe me fine.

Kimi brings his hands together like palms together and he says words of power his dad taught him to blow up the gate and kill all the stupid guards who wont let him it. his hands do glowing.

Post by Guest »

James took a deep breath, looked back once more into the distance from which he came and started walking slowly towards the large gates. The fresh air filled his lungs ,he had a sly smile on his lips, his eyes eager to see what was beyond the gates. He saw from a distance two guards standing there, greeting people, though they must be checking wether or not they were criminals or vagebonds. He surely was not dressed to be quite a respectable citizen and even if he pretended to be one, he would most likely be found out. He had experience with being thrown out of places, or simply had been denied entry, just because of the way he looked. He quickly shrugged off the notion of his thoughts and did not permit them to wander off in that direction again. It would only make him more nervous when answering the questions he might be asked. He slowly walked up to the dark walls and the dried up moat. "Why would they have not kept the water in there?" he asked himself, but he never was able to answer himself as his thoughts strayed off again.

The large welcome was not something he noticed, or even payed any real attention to it, the one thing he did see though was the shield featuring the plate of stew. He chuckled softly to himself as he imagined the city to be one huge inn where all you could get was stew. If you were lucky you could get some water, but even that would taste like stew. His smile broadened and his eyes began to sparkle with joy. He picked up a bit of pace and walked directly towards the impressive doors over the bridge that spanned the moat. The delicate elegance of the workmanship on the doors and the fresh looking paintwork made him lose track of the guards and as he was addressed he jumped back a bit, clearly the question came out of nowhere for James. He looked up to the guard and quickly apologized "I beg your pardon Sir, I did not mean to offend you by not noticing you, but the workmanship on the gates. It is really pretty" He stammered as he was struggling for the right words.

He looked a mess, his hair all tangled up, grown for some time without trimming, though his face was still smooth. He still bore the odor of not washing for some time and he scratched the back of his head while giving a warm smile as apology. His eyes still sparkling from the joy he had before as soon as he saw the shield. He wore a small bag filled with most of his possessions on his back. Over his slightly torn outfit he wore a simple dark cloak and around his arms he had a pair of slightly worn out leather bracers. A small line on his skin could be seen on the back of his hand, telling the tale of a cut in the past. Around his waist was a leather belt and tucked under it a small dagger. The crude short bow over his left shoulder pulled the cloak closer to his body. The quiver with arrows was packed on top of the bag on his back, the arrows tied together and to the quiver. Under his brown trousers he wore leather shoes, which looked relatively new.

Not waiting for a reply James took another breath, closed his eyes as he did so and then opened them again, looking the guard straight in the eyes, giving him a soft smile as he started talking again. "I am truly sorry for that, I was just preoccupied for the moment. Now, what were you asking again... my business. Yes, well I have only just travelled here and I am looking to spend some time here. Could you direct me to the best, affordable inn. I will need to have a place to sleep later today and I had best arrange it beforehand, rather than later. After that I might want to explore the city for a bit, so if you have a few things you can recommend..." He paused for a bit, knowing he had just babbled on for a bit. He shifted his weight onto his right leg and let his shoulders hang back a bit, awaiting a reply.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violette

Post by Violette »

Gideon was a bit more pleased with himself as he watched another pair of the guard lead away the strange young man to the cells... To be sure he was seeming more confident having handled his first little problem. His shoulders thrown back and a bit of a strut added into his stride. He almost didn't notice he was being ignored...

“Ah yes, an no pardon needed...” he looked over the man at the entrance. The young guard imagined he'd done a fair piece of traveling to look the mess he did “Yeah, the gates are nice, 'tis been my dream to work by em all my life.”

“So ah, travelin huh? Where from, an what is it yer wantin to do here in Dort? Oh an ah whats yer name, I'll be needin to be writin it down here.” With a lopsided grin showing clearly on his face, Gideon was glad to see this fellow here didn't seem to be wanting to get up to much trouble. But he eyed the weaponry, “Ye might want to keep a handle on those though.”

'Um well there's the Duck. Er ah... The Drunken Duck, its a fine place, good food.” Then he looked a wee bit shifty, “There's also the Scandalous Seamonster... ifen yer feelin adventurous but then I'd say ye'd have to be really really adventurous.” He laughed heartily.

Post by Guest »

With his hand he raked through his hair and took another deep breath, as if thinking really took him a lot of effort. His eyes were closed for a brief period of time, just a little too long for blinking. His smile broadened a little and he replied to the guard "I will take heed of this, but you should know that these are only dangerous to the meals I have on the road. Travelling I have been for a while and this is just the most convenient place to carry them. I mean no offense, I will stow them away if that is your wish."

James slightly cocked his head as he pondered on the rest of his words, his fingers still raking though his hair, making it stand out in many directions. His hand now went down a bit and swept over his face, hiding the closing of his eyes again. His hand stopped once it reached his chin and he looked slightly upwards as he continued "My name is James, though most of my closer friends call me Jimmy. I have no idea why, though it has stuck with me for a long time. Makes you wonder what is in a name." He put his hands on his waist and tried to look past the guards, watching a man being dragged away to the side. His brows frowned in confusement and he asked "I suppose he did not mention his name then, or was something more serious going on... ehmm... Well you know... no I should not get too curious, please forgive me. James the name though."

The smile on his lips had lessened a bit and his eyes looked down for a little while. He quickly looked up again and spoke in a clear voice "Well then... is there anything else you would require of me, for I would like to go to this Drunken Duck, The seamonster does not sound like my kind of place." His thoughts strayed on that name though. Adventurous... I might have to ask more about that inside, but first I have to get inside... and not get caught, they mean business here." he thought to himself as he awaited the guards reply.
Violette

Post by Violette »

Gideon laughed at James' remark about the meals, “Ah well man, yer not gonna be needing to worry about that now. Proper meals to be had within. Is a good place for a wash too.” All told the youthful guard was feeling rather jovial, evidenced by his mirthful gaze and grinning tone.

“James is it,” he noted as he wrote it down, “Is there anymore to it? Yeh know, fer tha records an all.” He looked backwards following James's glance, “Nah, nothin to worry over much over, I think he needs to sleep it off ya know...” He chuckled good naturedly as he intimated that the other young man had imbibed far too many spirits.

With a nod, a grin and another friendly laugh, “Everything seems in order. I spose yer on yer way then James. Luck to yeh.”

OOC: Good luck and welcome to Dort! Feel free to post your way into the Duck!
Callia

Post by Callia »

The trip into Dort had been a long and difficult one for Callia; it had started off with the difficult task of saying goodbye to the merchants who had become like a second family to her. She had taken the trip with a female of the merchants that she was not very familiar with and so the trip was spent in companionable, contemplative silence. The pony that Callia was riding was one of the stablest for temperament and she felt relatively safe being on its back. She smiled fondly as she remembered the merchants' genial teasing about her basic skills on a horse.

As Callia and her guide made it into the outer borders of Dort, Callia said goodbye and made arrangements to have her trunk delivered to her once she knew where she was staying. She had walked the short distance to the outer gates of the city and then was stumped as to where she should go. She had heard the rumors about the Abbey of Dort and was not sure whether she wanted to be confined in the strict atmosphere of the Abbey. Although she respected and believed most of the teachings of the sacred Abbey, she knew that she was too hot headed and argumentative not to say something if she disagreed. As she was contemplating her choices, the port city seemed as though it just snuck up on her. She paused and sucked in a breath, amazed by the beauty of it all, and of course the long queue into the city.

Two, in her opinion, rather large guards were in front of the gate, presumably interviewing every single person who came into Dort. She couldn't help but whistle to herself, this place was huge. She slowly approached the gates, hesitant but unwilling to show it. She got into the line and was surprised at how quickly it moved. A few people ahead of her, there was a commotion, and Callia strained to see what it was all about. Her eyes widened when she saw the man brandishing his sword and how the guards quickly took care of it. 'I'll be sure not to make any trouble with them' she thought, tensing slightly at the display of weaponry and authority.

She stood a few feet back from the man in front of her and respectfully tuned out the conversation, her ears only picking up the sound of the guard's good natured laughter, and now it seemed to be her turn. She gulped and hesitantly met the guard's eyes.

"Hi," she said, almost leaving it at that until she forced herself to speak, "May I go into the city?"
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Gideon ushered in the next person and came to Callia. He gave her a cursory examination with his eyes and nodded to her.

"Well sure ma'am. you'll probably be let right in to the city. But first I need your name, where you hail from, and the reason you're here, and then we can see about getting you on you way."

The guard stood poised, ready to scratch her answers onto his tablet.
Callia

Post by Callia »

[ooc: Ah! Didn't mean to make this note here like this, but I just realized that my character barely knows human. I am going to try to role play this. /ooc]

Callia blushed at the glance the guard had given her, as if sizing her up to see if she would be any trouble, and also at how she could barely understand him. Of course, she could listen to human better than she could speak it, but she was on her way to learning.

"Hail from?" She questioned quietly, almost to herself, "Ah, come from," she said triumphantly as she had been searching for a synonym for the word. "Name is Callia," she said with slight difficulty, her accent slightly getting in the way of her ability to form the words with their correct syllables. "From T'aquar," here she said her home with some relish and a great bit of satisfaction at being able to pronounce something correctly, "and I am... what is the word... looking? Yes, looking for healer, I am to apprentice" she ended the statement as a slight question, pondering whether or not the guard would even understand what she was trying to say. "My human is not good," she said after a small pause, as way of an apology and an explanation.

Callia fidgeted slightly at the end of her speech waiting for the guard's response. She hoped that she wouldn't end up like that other man had, taken away and probably in jail. But that had probably been just a misunderstanding she reasoned with herself, these people looked pretty reasonable to her.
Violette

Post by Violette »

Gideon tried to listen and understand what exactly the girl was saying. He wasn't very good with many other languages, but she was doing well enough in his to be slightly understandable.

Nodding he printed out as much as he figured out she was trying to get across. To him, she seemed a little skittish, so he tried not to scare her so much. “T'aquar eh? Thas a fair piece to travel... hmm...” The young guard looked to her again, trying to figure where best to direct her. “Healin? Ah... you'll be wantin to likely take the Abbey road apace to the redwood gates.” She said her human wasn't good and the amiable young guard tried to motion things out with his hands helpful like.

“But iffen yeh want food or such like yeh might want to stop in for a rest at the Duck just down the road there. Might find yeh someone ta help yeh out...” He looked hopeful as he suggested this to the girl. He didn't know if she understood.
Callia

Post by Callia »

Callia watched the guard jot down what she was saying on a tablet. She sighed a little wistfully, wishing that she could be more literate than she was. She was thinking so much on this that she only heard the last little bit of his sentence about the Abbey. Recognition shot through her at the name. Callia did not really want to go to the Abbey just yet, she had made such a hard trip to begin with and was so worn out, both emotionally and physically to go any sort of distance.

As if he had read her mind, the guard suggested rest inside of Dort. It was a little difficult for Callia to sort out what the guard was trying to say as his accent was not one that she was used to, but she believed she had gotten the gist of it. She smiled at how helpful he was being and tried to reply in a way that showed him her gratitude.

"Rest? At Duck? Is good idea. Long journey here. Thank you for help." She gave Gideon a bright smile for his help, hoping that he knew how thankful she was.
Violette

Post by Violette »

The good natured young guard did smile at her conveyance of gratitude. He hoped she'd get along well enough, not speaking too much of the more common tongue. With luck, she'd meet a likely friend who could help her out...

“Good luck then Miss Callia. Jus remember tha Duck is right down that there road...” He pointed it out again helpfully just in case she needed him to reiterate the information. Gideon nodded a last time at her, assuming she'd be on her way.

OOC: Good luck Callia and welcome to Dort! Be free to start a new post onward to the Duck!

Return to “Dort Archive”