Adoring the Appartment [Sam 20 Mid TT]

Moderator: Mods

Isabella Florentina
Countess Companio, "Countess Cabernet"

Adoring the Appartment [Sam 20 Mid TT]

Post by Isabella Florentina »

After spending a delightful lunch at Andolin's neighbors, their mansion being only just behind the Palace gardens, Isabella walked back at leisure to the Palace, considering the tall building. Originally it had been just a large defensable building. In later years other buildings had been attached yet the palace was still the citadel proper.. a large tower, filled with levels and levels of courtiers.

What was known as the Royal Wing, was in fact nothing more than an entire floor, on the highest level, with windows at the garden site. To spare the Ceasar the flowers near the windows where without pollen, and yet looked lovely as ever.

Isa floated inside. To be close to the Royal Wing she had to be on the Fourth Floor. The first floor was reserved for the Great Hall, several Ballrooms and a few small servant quarters, which also filled the 2nd floor. The third and fourth floor however where filled with courtiers and their hangers on. Her appartment with Jacob had been on the third. It had been modest yet so much more spacious than her small room next to the Office of Protocol on the first floor. With purpose Isa moved to the fourth floor. An improvement on Jacob, as was proper. She too was a countess afterall, and one that would be more powerful than her former lover.

She looked at the appartments at the fourth floor. Several in different size and shape were still untaken. Finally she found something she liked, overlooking the gardens. In the distance she could see Andolin's patrician's house, and Iorns mansion. How appropriate.
There was a bedroom and a large drawing room wich opened to a balcony. That was all, but it was enough. Enough to hold small gatherings, using the kitchens of the palace. Here Isa would start her salon and become one of the leading ladies of court.

Stepping outside the appartment the darkhaired lady, still dressed in the blue-turquoise silken dress that was obviously the latest fashion from Audrey's Otherwear, waved a servant and made the proper arrangements, using the sealed letter of the Major Domo.
Last edited by Isabella Florentina on Sun May 08, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=92][color=darkred] [b][i]
Together they planned a power and a love that would be envied forever.
Who was to know that forever would be so short?[/i][/size][/color][/b]
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn had enjoyed a nice quiet lunch in his room, after he had returned from Audrey's to pick up his new clothing. After taking a bath, the achadhiel decided that trying one of these two new outfits would be a wise decision, as he had to get used to these. With little doubt, he chose to put on his rust colored doublet, combined with the cream colored silk shirt and his breeches. Once this had been put on, over his customary chainmail, he put on his dark brown boots and strapped the studded brass belt around his waist, that carried his two short swords. The guards already knew that he wore these at practically all times and were used to this by now. Standing in front of the mirror, the achadhiel nodded to himself and murmured. "Audrey did a fine job indeed."

Nothing in the mirror revealed his muscular build, although the broad shoulders gave away a hint of this, as they could not he hidden in clothing and still look presentable. Calmly he tied his hair back and slid his dagger into his usual hiding place. Perfect. he thought and went to the room next door, finished what was left of the mead and proceeded to exit his apartment. The mead had been the only indulgence he had allowed himself today, as Farathorn always watched closely not to fall into habits.

Once outside, he locked his room and took a stroll towards the stairs. No particular place to go, as he had already done what he wanted to inside the smithy for today and gave his lessons to Aesa. Walking around the corner of the hallway, the achadhiel almost bumped into a dark haired woman, who seemed to have just exited one of the apartments, which to his knowledge had been vacant until yesterday. Thus he had not expected to run into someone, let alone almost literally. Due to his speed of reaction, he managed to avoid colliding into the woman and instead made a bow. "Good day, mylady. Excuse the interruption, but I hadn't expected to run into someone outside this apartment." He had chosen his words carefully and politely, but made it a point to reveal that according to his knowledge these rooms were vacant.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella gasped, but turned that into a giggle as a finely dressed gentleman bowed before her. Oh my, with weapons. I wonder why the guards allow him to walk so close to the Royal wing thusly.. He must be cleared for the Royal Wing, there was no other logical explanation.

Isa extended her hand as she curtsied "I am flattered, milord, by your attention. Countess Isabella at your service." It had slipped out before she realized it, her new title. "Where you running towards anything important, milord," she teased with a soft laugh.
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn smiled and gently took the extended hand, which he brought to his lips, his breath only grazing the skin, then let go as he straightened himself again. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Lady Isabella. I am Master Farathorn and I am in no means of a rush. Heading outside to take a stroll in the gardens to be exact, now that I have finished my work for today."

The achadhiel paused and took a look at the woman, more closely then he had been able to so far. She was no doubt attractive and clad in what seemed to be the latest fashion, from what he had seen at Audreys. "Am I deducting correctly that I will have a new neighbor on this floor?" He stated with a smile.

With a small grin he pointed at her dress. "I see we shop at the same place, where clothng is concerned." The achadhiel had recognised the fine work that the tailor delivered, now that he was getting familiar with the woman. He had seen a few pieces pass by him, while he conducted his business there.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella closed her eyes for just a flicker as Farathorns breath touched her skin. Something was touching her, alerting her senses. Isa simply enjoyed the moment. She looked up at him through her dark eyelashes, breathing "A stroll to the gardens, now that sounds just perfect."

Isabella laughed shortly when he mentioned her dress "Audrey's yes? I do believe we are both setting trends this season milord. I have been very impressed with her work. Did you know that the Office of Protocol ordered a whole line of clothing at her shop?"

Deciding on something the countess dismissed the servant and put her hand on his arm, walking with Farathorn through the hallway, and the large marble stairs that were such a stunning piece of archictecture in the palace "So tell me who my new neighbor is, milord. I do believe we have not yet been properly introduced yet."
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn smiled as she took hold of his arm, then nodded gently. "Some company would be appreciated. Of course I was referring to Audrey's, but I didn't know yet that the office of protocol had ordered a whole line of clothing there. What I do know is that the new uniforms of the purple guard may come from the very same place, but this could of course be the same thing. As for setting trends, I know from a very reliable source that Audrey's has something new in store in the near future."

As they walked down the stairs, the achadhiel listened carefully and replied without much hesitation. "I am quite sure we haven't been introduced yet, as I am quite sure I would have remembered. I am teaching Lady Aesa the adhiel language and occasionally practise with her in swordplay." He didn't mention the fact that he was teaching her to wield two swords at once, but the rumormill would no doubt reveal that to anyone looking for these answers. Servants were an excellent source of information after all.

"Might I ask who my new neighbor is?" He stated, as they slowly headed towards the gardens.
Isabella Florentina

"Something new from Audrey's?" Isabella asked in surprise, "what is that woman up to now. Will you share a tidbit with me?" She gave Farathorn a seductive sideways glance. "I will of course be the favorite of the ball room if I can reveal such secrets," Isa admitted.

"Who is Countess Isabella?" she sighed dramatically as they waked down the magnificent stairs, which were made to simply float downstairs, all eyes upon you "Well, for starters I am part of the Office of Protocol, and I have some close connections at court." She leaned in closer to Farathron and as she did her roseperfum circled them both "In fact, I have been working with his Highness Ceasar Anochrim, and I hope to be introduced to Lady Aesa soon."

The garden was a delight to step into, with all the late blooming flowers, even though the frost had taken off some of them.
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn smiled at the reaction of Isabella, knowing that she had bitten into the bait he had hung in front of her nose. Business was beginning and the achadhiel started to speak of what he knew. "Metal ornaments, in the form of chanmail of a very high quality, sewn onto the fabric or within it. This combined with the delicate fabrics our favorite tailor uses, will make an exquisite contrast." He had lifted the vail of what he had planned with Audrey and possibly already wheeled in their first client, if he had judged this woman right.

Farathorn listened carefully as she introduced herself, his brain making quick connections as she mentioned the office of protocol. A thought formed in his mind, that he could not suppress. "Hope to be introduced to Lady Aesa? That would be no problem at all, even I could arrange that, but i'm sure the office of protocol will see to that detail. At the very least the master of protocol would have to introduce his staff to her highness." Playfully he avoided the question she would probably have asked next, by stating that Lord Azarin would no doubt see to her introduction.

He breathed in deep as they walked into the gardens, where he felt at ease and where he had awakened after his time with the dryads, only a few days ago. "This place is a marvel and so well-maintained by the Caesar's gardener. The scents are so soothing and so familiar to one of my heritage." Farathorn opened up all his senses, natural and magical, to profit from the gardens as much as he could.
Isabella Florentina

"Chainmail," Isa echooed, trying to supress her surprise "Isn't that chaffing a bit? It sounds.. ahm.. intriguing" She wasn't quite sure how this would be the next hit of Audrey's but she was ready to be swayed at the point.

When Farathorn cleverly avoided offering to introduce her, Isabella laughed with the sound of silver bells, drifting through the garden "Oh milord, of course he will introduce me, that has already been arranged." Yet you are high enough in the order of things to assume you could introduce me to lady Aesa. What precisely was his position?

Isa watched Farathorn become one with the garden, unwilling to break the spell. She stood closer to him, urging him in a whisper "Tell me what you see. What makes this garden resemble your heritage. Through your eyes I will see."
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn laughed and shook his head. "Chafing? Not in the least, Lady Isabella. The quality I speak of is anything but that. This quality could even be worn underneath clothing, without that discomfort."

Then the achadhiel crouched and placed his hand on the ground, smiling as he did so. "I see plants, trees and their beauty, smell the atmosphere of a carefully nurtured garden. They remind me of the forest of Taquar, although I wasn't born there. On kislovan things aren't the same, but taquar is a truely magnificent place. The main city is situated in the canope of the trees, connected by a myriad of walkways and filled with an almost magical vitality. You can almost sense the life of it, enjoying it with all your senses, as you take in the overflow of scents and feelings of the ancient trees. That part of my heritage is the adhiel within me." The achadhiel stretched out his senses as far as he could.
Isabella Florentina

As he spoke Isabella could feel the pleasure, in a way the homesickness with witch Farathorn described the elvish country. Isa was fascinated. Most elves she had met were equally interested in the games of political intrigue. This man... he held to different values.

Isa was intrigued. She leaned forward, making sure the benefit of her neckline was not lost upon him as her rose perfum, made exclusively of fresh roses, encircled them. "You feel the power in the ground, can you let me feel it?" she breathed with obvious interest and devotion. In fact their lips were so close she could have kissed him. Isa didn't however, just giving him a look of open innocence, wanting to learn more of this primal force that Farathorn was touching.
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

The achadhiel turned his head slightly and breathed deeply, as he opened up his environmental empathy at it's fullest. As he turned his head, he smelled the rose perfume and saw the contours of her neckline very clearly. Slowly he spoke, while turning his attention back to the ground, his voice clear and yet a little hesitant. "I am not sure if that is even possible. I know what I feel, but how does one relay this to another person? Words will not adequately describe it and I have no way of letting you feel what I do." The achadhiel raised a brow in her direction and calmly shook his head. "So how did you have this question of yours in mind, milady?"
Last edited by Caelin on Mon May 09, 2005 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isabella Florentina

"Open your mind and share," Isabella advised him sweetly, sending out a trace of her energy to see if the achadhiel had any shields up "Just close your eyes and feel. You will be amazed."

Isa's breath touched his pointy ear as she looked with her minds eye at the spectacle. Why was that hand on the ground, his head turned away to what most men found a fascinating spectacle? Apparantly Isa was no match for a patch of dirt. It did not infuriate Isa, not yet. Her curiosity was too great. "Is this what you teach lady Aesa," Isa whispered, "besides.. swordplay?"
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

To Isabella's surprise, she found nothing what even remotely resembled a shield and Farathorn went with the flow, eager to see if this inquisitive woman was prepared for what would be coming her way, if the connection was made. Her question nearly ruined the achadhel's focus, the hair on the back of his neck standing up as he heard the words, but he managed to retain it. Not prepared to give out this information, Farathorn chose to ignore the question about Aesa.

Now the achadhiel felt what he was searching for, as the sensation he had experienced on two occasions began to run through him, feeling every living fiber within the garden, even those that were on the verge of withering. A cascade of color filled his mind and the emotions of each living thing inside the garden, limited by the stone walls that surrounded it and in that same instant, he reached for Isabella's hand, with the full intent of relaying the total effect of it at once, counting on the possibility that she had made contact with his mind, but hadn't shielded herself as he himself had none.
Last edited by Caelin on Mon May 09, 2005 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella smiled secretly when she felt the shiver of passion, quickly repressed, eminating from Farathorn. So you are not made of stone, but of flesh after all. Since he was not shielded, something Isa had expected and so did not surprise her in the least, she allowed herself to make her own shields opaque again, letting through emotions but keeping out any harmeful magickal threats.

The strength of the life within him showed itself suddenly, as Isa was overwhelmed by the depth of his feelings that she picked up without any physical touch.

He was not one person, he was a thousand souls pressed into one, all hearts beating to the same drum. The cascade of emotions that suddenly floated around in a bright spectacle of colours swirling around Farathorn was something she had not expected, nor prepared for. It was the one kind of magick that went straight through her shields. Her own openness to such feelings made it all the more vibrant, draining Isabella even more thorough of her energy than when she had walked the Aether.

With a soft sigh Isabella fainted before Farathorn could even touch her hand, elegantly sinking into the flowerbed.
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn broke off the contact with the earth and shook off the feeling of it, then approached Isabella and gently lifted her out of the flowerbed, while avoiding to damage even more flowers. Damn, now that is not what I intended to happen. Now what do I do with her? I cannot leave her on the ground like this, especially not in the midst of Zersa's flowerbed. For a moment he couldn't decide what to do, then simply started walking towards the palace, carrying the woman in his arms.

Once he reached the palace, he went straight upstairs and walked to his room with the woman in his arms. Upon passing the guards, he stopped for a moment and spoke softly. "The countess has fainted. Please ask Lady Rioja to meet me at my quarters to check up on her. I do suggest you move fast, as I will need the healer there rather swiftly." The achadhiel's tone left little to the imagination and was drenched with a rather commanding tone, despite the worry he had. Then, without further hesitation, he walked to his quarters.

As he got there, he placed her on the bed and went into the bathroom, returning from there with a bowl of water and a cloth, which he placed on the bedside stand. Calmly he dipped the cloth into the cold water, then placed it on her forehead, after wringing most of the water out of it. I do hope that the mystic will be here soon. I'm afraid that I may have overcharged the poor woman with something she had no defense against. By the Mother, I hope I haven't harmed her. Calmly he awaited the arrival of Rioja, while he kept a close eye on Isabella.

Meanwhile he was retracing the steps of what had happened in the garden, deducting the possibilities and reaching some conclusions during this process. I think I will have to be careful around this one, as she seemed to be able to read my thoughts. So the link she made with me was a mental one and did not require a physical conduit, but what she was shown was something she was totally unprepared for and made her pass out. I'll have to speak to Rioja about this and how I can avoid situations like these in the future.
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

The Guards look first dubious, and then, at Farathorn’s obviously serious tone, concerned. One nodded to acknowledge his instructions and immediately went off to follow the Achadhiel’s instructions. The other watched for a burn or two, as Farathorn continued toward his apartment, before reverting to his previous stance.

The Song, not quite music as Isabella experienced it, still echoed within the unconscious woman’s mind. As the echoes faded, she slowly rose to the surface of the pool of emotions that had covered her. The effect was one of disorientation, but, even before her eyes opened, Isabella was aware that she was no longer in the gardens.
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

(avatar by Talon Yoseijo)
Isabella Florentina

The song remained with her, sofly fading out, yet still strangely vibrant. In a way it reminded her of Pan's flight through the Aether, yet this was far beyond even Pan's powers.

Isabella's eyes fluttered open, and she groaned softly as she turned to the source of emotions she felt close by. Everything hurt. "Milord," she rasped teasingly as she saw a concerned Farathorn at her side, the wet cloth on her forehead "perhaps we are moving a bit fast with our budding friendship. I had not expected you to carry me to your bed at first sight. You quite overwhelmed me."

The little quip cost her so much energy that she sank back in the cushions, her dark hair spreading out around her as her hairdo became undone. Her dark eyes however, followed him where ever he went.
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn moved himself closer and grinned at the remark Isabella made, but nontheless he motioned her to stay where she was. "I could hardly leave you laying in the carefully nurtured flowerbed you fell into, now could I? I doubt that the gardener would have been able to forgive you for crushing the flowers. Besides, as you own quarters are not entirely ready to be habitated yet, I assumed, this was the most suited place to bring you for now, Unless you had rather found yourself laying on a table in the main lobby?" The achadhiel winked as he spoke the last sentence, while he removed the damp cloth and rinsed it inside the bowl, twisted the water out again and placed it back on her forehead. A sense of relief reached Isabella, that emanated from the man at the side of the bed.

"A dangerous trick you pulled there, Mylady. Linking your mind to another person if you have no idea what is coming, can be quite a large risk. I suggest you stay on that bed for a while, until you feel well enough to stand up without trouble. The experience you had can indeed be quite overwhelming, as it did to me the first time. Can I offer you a drink in the meantime? I have a feeling that you could use one." At the beginning of his continued little speach, his voice sounded a bit stern, but this slowly ebbed away and made place for a surprising warmth. "Nevertheless, Lady Isabella, I strongly suggest not trying to pick up what goes on in my head, until you feel better. You risk more then you should by doing so, even when weighed against the possible advantages. Getting to know eachother is something we can accomplish the traditional way as well, without the need of putting yourself in harms way. I would prefer it that way."

Farathorn pulled up a chair and sat down next to the bed, then let his eyes wander over Isa's features and curves. "What were you trying to accomplish by doing what you did? I could have accidentally harmed you this way, in which you would have been the first. I never used my gift to harm others, although you managed to convince me that this certainly lies within the possibilities." The achadhiel seemed more relaxed at the current moment, but this isabella could not be certain about, as he tried to force himself to bury his emotions and thoughts.
Twilight
Retired staff

Post by Twilight »

There was a soft knock at the bedchamber door, but Lady Rioja did not wait for an invitation to enter. Instead she strode into the room with her usual quiet confidence that she was where she should be. Seeing the lady reclining but conscious on the bed and Farathorn sitting on a chair beside her, a look of amusement briefly touched the mystic’s grey eyes.

Dressed in her customary black, the little woman seemed almost to float to the bedside, greeting the pair, “Good Tradetide, milady, Farathorn. I understand you have need of me?” She looked from one to the other with a neutral expression, although amusement may have been hiding behind that penetrating gaze.
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

(avatar by Talon Yoseijo)
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn was the first to look up and nodded to the mystic, that had just entered the room. Calmly he rose and walked towards her, only to stop just before her and lowering his voice to a whisper that was barely audible to Rioja. "The lady linked her mind with me as I made contact with the garden, through the gift I received from the dryads. I never learned to shield myself, so I could not prevent her from peeking in. I'm afraid she didn't quite expect what she was shown in the process and lost conciousness. Can you please check if there is no damage done? Also, I'd hoped you could by chance teach me sometime how I can prevent this in future?" The achadhiel looked at her with a plead in his eyes, but showed clear signs of determination regardless of the current situation.

With that said, Farathorn moved out of the way, to give Rioja access to Isabelle. He had made his request in a polite manner, but discretely as well, hoping that the mystic would understand that he did not want everyone to know that he had little control of his gift.
Isabella Florentina

Isabella gave him a weak smile as he winked at her, aware of her vulnerability. At least there is no Jacob that can burst in on me. The sense of relief that came from the achadhiel was so clear that it floated through her even though she did not conciously reach out. Isa winced. Twice now her energy had been completely depleted. And I took such care to go to bed early last eveningtide. It is as if I haven't slept at all.

"Linking to your mind?" Isabella echo-ed with a frown. He is afraid I can read his mind, she judged from his words I wish I could. How simple life will become for me then. "I fear you misjudge me, milord," Isa said carefully as she sipped the drink that he had offered. She eyed him pulling his chair close, allowing her some time to think. Before Isabella could answer his question with more than a warm smile Rioja arrived.

The darkclad lady with her long grey hair and swirling facial tatooes was an impressive sight. Isa had admired her from afar once or twice, as they had passed in the palace. She hadn't had the opportunity to meet her in person.Circumstances could have been better, she thought regretfully, as she tried to remember what Andolin had said about the lady. A healer, a priest.

"I fear that you find me in an awkward position, milady," Isabella grimaced, "I was quite unprepared for the flood of emotions that Master Farathorn washed me in. I wrongly judged that I needn't shield myself as he hadn't shielded himself either. Little did I know what awaited me. It felt like drowning. I was unable to shut it out, and my energy just went.. away." What if I had truely drowned? Once again the darkhaired lady realized that she had cut it close, very close.

Isa turned to Farathorn and with surprising honestly said "Milord, I cannot read your thoughts " Not yet, anyway. "My gift, or should I say my curse, is that I sense others. It is not something I can shut off, though I can learn to control it."

A soft giggle burst from her chest, even though the laughter took her breath away "With your own gift being so powerful milord, it is a wonder there are not more fainting ladies in the garden. Empathy is not an uncommon occurance this days."
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn frowned slightly and calmly sat and listened to what Isabella had to say. He did not speak, but just sat down again and allowed the two women to elaborate on this, so that his comprehension of the situation became clearer. Slowly things began to dawn on him, as the dark haired countess spoke about what happened, slightly coloring the conclusion he had made for himself. The good part in this, was that she could not read his mind, but she was able to read the emotions of others, a trait that could be just as dangerous.

Once the countess had finished speaking, the achadhiel spoke up once again, obviously not being very comfortable around the subject. "I have no idea of it's power, lady Isabella, I only know how to make contact with my environment. Empathy you called it? So what you sense in people, is what I sense within nature, if my reasoning is correct?" While he stated this, he looked at Rioja for confirmation. "Is there a way for someone to block the empathic ability, or for the person not wanting to be susceptible to it, a way to keep someone with this gift from honing into your emotions?" He had directed the question straight at Rioja.
Isabella Florentina

Did the achadhiel always treat ladies this way, Isa wondered, or only the darkhaired ones? His irresponsible use of his gift was the cause of this accident that could very well have killed her and yet his worry was for himself, his mood dark. Gone seemed the thoughtful rescuer of only a burn ago.

He treated her like a calculating courtier without a heart, and though that might be closer to the truth than Master Farathorn realized, Isabella knew she had given him no cause to think so lowly of her. If she had been her full self Isa would have filled him with heartrendering shame at this very point in the conversation. However, she was a survivalist and two things made it unwise to do so: her absolute lack of energy and the unknown factor of Lady Rioja's presence.

Instead Isa remained where she was, sprawled over Farathorns bed, her long hair undone and laying around her on the white cushion, feeling and looking helpless. Her dark eyes filled with tears as she gave the darkclad lady a pleading look.
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Farathorn in the meanwhile returned to the bedside and refreshed the towel on Isa's forehead, gentle as he had been before. He motioned to the nearly empty goblet on the nightstand and posed the question if the countess would like some more, or something else instead. At the same time, he continued to speak to both women. "Don't get me wrong, I nearly overloaded poor Lady Isabella here, as I had no idea that she'd be this susceptible to it. Had I known so, I would have refused to show her. The reason I ask you if there is a way for me, or her for that matter, to block out this gift, is to avoid situations like these in the future. As the situation has already happened, I would seriously like to know if the Countess will be allright, Rioja. Knowing that no permanent damage is done would ease my feelings. Once I can control the flow of emotion that is being transmitted, then I might be able to show her what she missed at a later time, if mylady is still interested?"

Now the achadhiel again showed that he was not in his element, all this talk of things magical interested him, but he still lacked the finesse to compose his wording in such way that none would take offense. At heart Farathorn was a warrior, his finer points were in the handling of his blades. The emotion of feeling out of place became stronger within him, almost to a point of helplessness. This in turn began to irritate him, which caused him to take deep breaths to get himself under control again. The entire event was starting to drain him, making him tired and this gradually began to take it's toll.

To give his worrying mind something else to focus on, he gently lifted Isabella's upperbody upright and placed some more pillows in her back, so she sat a little more upright, then slowly let her sink onto the pillows again. As he caught the glimpse of tears in the darkhaired woman's eyes, he reached into the nightstand and pulled out a handkerchief, which he gave to the countess with an apologetic look in his eyes. "Can Lady Isabella's drained energy be restored, Rioja? I wouldn't mind having such a lovely guest for a while and take care of her until she has her strength back, but if she is to remain here to replenish the lost energy with rest, I will have to make some arrangements." His tone of voice indicated nothing but warmth and a genuine concern for her well-being. During his last sentences, he did not even look at the mystic, but kept his focus on the countess.

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”