Basilica- Sam 20 TT - Tinally

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Post by Guest »

As soon as Ottavio left the room, Father Bartholomew slipped over, as if she were on his path and they happened upon each other. His scarred face carried concern, but dark eyes held a different agenda, perhaps curiosity.

"Few people are able to spar with that man, I'm sure your business must be very important. Is there something I or a member of the clergy can do to help?"

Post by Guest »

Bumping in to father Bartholomew was like hearing nails on a chalkboard for Tinally, or rather very big claws. It felt as if he could almost read her thoughts and she found it incredibly hard to lie to him. He also seemed to be a trust worthy person, witch maid Tinally think over the possibility of saying the truth or at least part of it, but eventually she decided that it would be better to trust Greenwitch on this one and just follow orders.

The young woman smiled to Bartholomews comment. Indeed she would have gotten in to a fight with him if she knew of his reputation, but fortunately she didn't.

" I'd hate to be a burden, Father. With the situation in Kings Court, I belive all the measures taken by both the Basilica and the Palace are equally important. But I would be most grateful if you would be so kind to direct me to somebody who might know any details of that murder."
Tinally looked over at the many wounded still needing help.

" It appears there is just to mutch work to be done here. So I was starting to that it would be better if I go get my work done at the barracks before dark and then come back here. Hopefully there will be less wounded by evening tide and i will be able to get my report done. If you ask my opinion, I think the Palace and the Basilica workers should cooperate better. Witch involves a bit of compromise of course, but eventually both sides would win. We are all working for the same thing only from a bit of different directions... I would be just happy not to face any more of these misunderstandings."

Tinally spoke calmly and her voice was friendly as possible. But what she really wanted was to run of as soon as possible, because some thing in bartholomews eyes gave out curiosity. And she feared that if he wanted he would actually be able to find out what exactly she was hiding.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Reading her for only a moment he said with a soft voice, "I am only a humble servant of Dominicus. The affairs of man and throne mean little to me. I see only wounded and dying and must help souls transition to the Aether.

"Still, there is a darkness here, Lady Tinally and it is for that reason I was brought to this city. I believe you have seen this darkness. Perhaps not in a form you know, but you carry the residue . . . the spiritual scars of it.

"You can tell me what you've seen, it will help me find the creature that haunts this city. If you wish to stay silent, I shall leave you, but know that I am a warrior in Dominicus and my life is eclipsed by His shadow.

"I can be trusted."

Post by Guest »

As Bartholomew started convincing her to trust him, Tinally became more convinced that it she didn't want to tell him anything of her little "adventure". Perhaps she was already starting to go mad slight from all the nervous shaking , but she feared any one could have something to do with the opposing side, in other word she was scared stiff of coming face to face with another spy or agent. Perhaps they would want to test her loyalty and see if she tells any one. She knew it was sill to suspect everyone. Maybe it never even crossed their minds that such a thing was possible, but Tinally didn't feel like taking the risk.

A trace of irritation showed on her face for a moment, but as he mentioned that he had some other business of his own that had brought him here a thought crossed Tinallys mind. Thoughtfully she looked around for a second making sure no one would overhear them.

" Father Bartholomew, I'm sure you are a thrust worthy man and I am not going to hide I've ben through quite a lot over the past few days. in fact I seem to be a walking magnet for trouble, thats why you must excuse me for my scepticism. I'm really trying to watch my step now. " she paused trying to puck her words more carefully. She wanted to make things clear without braking the promise of saying anything.

" My hands are also tied by... certain authorities." she said meaning both the promise to keep quite that she gave to Greenwitch and of course the Dragonskeep knights who would simply have her head if he blobbed.

" Lets just put it this way. -
A flowery soap,
And a long fluffy rope,
Is all thats in for me...
" she sang the few lines of a song rather popular in Roque D'Ancourt. It was a funny cheerful song , but she believed it suited her position quite well.

" I don't want to hang,Father. Joining the Aether ahead of time isn't part of my plans." she spoke in a hushed tome but her words were followed with a light sigh, making it hard to tell weather she was serious or not."

" I must also add that my business is mostly in the affairs of man and throne as you say and I have little knowledge when it comes to anything of what you speak. But if you are so sure that I might know something of what you are searching, or that I have come to cross it, then it might be best if you gave me a small insight on the matter. Perhaps I will be able to help. Or at least I will try and I will surely keep my eyes open for the future." said Tinally and added one more thing after a moment.

"I must admit you have got me intrigued, Father Bartholomew. What king of spiritual scars are you talking about? Or is it that I'm just so terribly bad at hiding my concerns from any ones eyes?"

- And what in the world is thethe darkness? - she thought.

Then something occured to her. For some reason she got the impression that what this man was talking about had nothing to do with what troubled her. Tinally glanced down at the burn on her hand. It hadn't quite healed from yesterday, though it seemed a lot better now.

" I'm sorry, I think I might be on to something. I hope I am right , because this is more of a guess. .." she paused looking in to Bartholomews eyes hoping to read weather she was making sense or just being stupid...again.

" Darkness as in demons? Or dark magic?... Now I know absolutely nothing of it, but if I am anywhere near right I might have something to tell you. Now I know little of magic. I do have a little talent in hypnotism though..Oh well and theres alchemy, but nothing serious. But yesterday I did encounter something that is a hundred times more then I would be able to do. But if I'm wrong on this one, I really must admit I have no more ideas." said Tinally and waited for a sign from Bartholomew weather she should continue or not.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

OOC:

Hello, I am taking a hiatus as moderator for Tazlure because of a major RL move. Although I will return in September, another moderator will step in to take over your story. Please be patient while the Game Developers and Moderators reorganize to accomodate my absence.

Thanks!
Lav
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: Shall we just consider this closed? Nice thread btw!

On Sam 22nd I'm sure your PC will have many opportunities for greatness. If you wish however you can do a summary in this thread what your PC is doing between this thread and the 22nd :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC Ok whatever you say, but I feel this thread is a little unfinished so I'll just do one last short post.

IC

Before Bartholomew could reply, he was pulled over to one of the wounded needing urgent attention by one of the other priests, leaving Tinally to wonder weather or not she was right.

The young lady tried waiting for Bartholomew, but left at early evening tide never getting the chance to finish their conversation.
Tinally started to wonder if it was delibirately that Bartholomew and she were distracted, because when she stopped by at the Basilica the following day she wasn't able to find him. Of course it might have ben a mater of chance, but what if not?

However she never had the chance to check if she was right, because of sir Guy, her master at heralds hall had suddenly given her a load of work, not being able to cope with all the documents himself.

Tinally spent the next few days running around with stacks of parchments and wondering through the barracks in the company of a guard this time, not letting him leave her for the moment.
She also tried finding Anton whenever she had a free moment but failed
for some reason. She even started getting the feeling he was avoiding her for some reason, but Tinally tried thinking nothing of it not wanting upset herself any further.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: that is fine, and we'll pick up the loose ends of this story in your other thread :)

Finished and send for skilling!
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Return to “KC Archive”