Seeking Advice-Vanir (Samheen 20th, Late Eveningtide)

Moderator: Mods

Seeking Advice-Vanir (Samheen 20th, Late Eveningtide)

Post by Guest »

Celestine was feeling very irritated even a day after her visit to the Palace, and that irritation had cropped up all day, even throughout her meditation. Apparently Lord Azarin had broken his agreement with Master Larbeido and dismissed her from the Office of Protocol without warning. Which would have been fine, since she was really quite busy with trying to carry out her instructions from Pan, but she needed access to the Palace to meet with Lady Leafwhisper as a part of that mission! Plus there was something about her name coming up in an inquiry about missing pages or something. She didn't have time to fully read the note but it had reignited fears in her about what had happened to Zhavon. She'd neither seen nor heard from the redhead since before the Caesar's party the other night.

When she got back to the Temple she was quick to sink to her knees before the altar to Pan's Joy in prayer, asking Pan in her heart for some way to find Lady Leafwhisper and protect his child, the one who would bring Love to the world. Her eyes were closed and her breathing deep and regular, to focus her mind on her prayers and block out any negative thoughts or feelings she might be having.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest »

OOC Query: Your Palace thread was dated the 19th. Has it taken you a full day to walk back to the Temple?

Post by Guest »

OOC: Hmm? Well, no. But it is a new thread and its' after the date the Synch event started so I thought it had to be on the 20th. I'm more than happy to switch it back to the night she actually came back from the Palace.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: may I interfere? Celestine IS in the temple on the 19th (alerting the priesthood), and she is right, she cannot start a thread (even if it evolves from another) before the 20th :)
Last edited by Maeve on Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: I just wanted to suggest that you might include a few sentences about what Celestine may have been doing in the tides that have passed between the Palace thread and this one. :)
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir had come to the Temple to seek out Eilish in the cover of darkness. He needed to speak with her about his recent visits to the Palace. A part of the priest suspected that she already knew, yet one could never be certain. She did seem to know most things before he spoke to her and she was the only person he trusted enough to speak with. The information was enough to put his life in danger from many sources, especially enemies like Silk or perhaps even Andolin.

Vanir could feel a twinge of something familiar pulling towards one of the rooms. He followed the feeling, secure in the safety of the Temple. It was partially because he thought it might be Eilish herself or perhaps a priestess that he was more familiar with. The bard walked into the room to see Celestine praying at the altar. He kneeled down behind her and leaned close to her ear.

The voice was low and seductive, whispered for her alone. "What are you praying for, lover?"
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!

Post by Guest »

Celestine jumped at the noise, whirled to face him, then relaxed and smiled. "Vanir! Don't scare me like that!" She chided him sternly for a moment, then smiled again. "It figures that I'd run into you at the altar to Pan's Joy." She laughed brightly. "As to what I'm praying for, its' guidance. Remember the vision I had in the gardens the other night? Well, I want to do my part for Pan by protecting Lady Leafwhisper and his child, but I can't get into the Palace anymore. The guards say that Andolin has fired me from his office, and I saw a note that said I was a suspect in the disappearance of the missing pages."

Her smile turned sober. "I don't know how that happened though. I haven't seen my friend and fellow page Zhavon since the party and the other pages were before my time."
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir smiled and laughed softly. "It was a hard temptation to resist, my dear. Of course you always are a temptation." He grinned at the young page. He listened intently as she spoke, although it was a lot information being thrown at him. The priest reached over and took her hand into his own. He spoke in a soft, comforting voice to soothe her fears.

"It is alright, Celestine. These are obstacles that we can overcome together. I am certain that it was a mere oversight by Andolin when he removed you and I will take care of that first thing in the morning. We will, also, go speak to Ulder together, so you have nothing to fear. It is clear that you have had nothing to do with any disappearances and we will explain that to him. He is trust-worthy and will listen to us. I promise you that everything will be fine."

Vanir used his other hand to stroke her cheek softly as he stared into her eyes. He then drew her into a soft hug, although more intimate than mere friends. He placed a soft kiss on her neck and whispered into her ear. "You are safe here, Celestine, and I won't let anything happen to you. We will take care of everything at first light in the morning."
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Post by Guest »

Celestine had grinned at Vanir's tempting words at first, but as he took her in his arms and hugged the tensions and fears away, she'd smiled genuinely. Beneath the flirtatious exterior he was a real good guy at heart. She returned the hug and let him see her smile.

"Thank you Vanir. You're a real sweetie underneath it all." She giggled. "Perdita is very lucky to have you! How is she, by the way? I haven't seen her since we all shared Pan's Joy at the Dragon the other night."
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir smiled back at Celestine and held her cheek in hi shand softly, looking into her eyes. A slightest hint at sadness appeared in his eyes as he talked about Perdita. "I must confess that I have barely seen her, since the other morn. She seems very..distracted, I suppose. I know she has become determined to find a job for herself, which I admire, but she barely spoke of her day to me. It was if we were only passing each other, but I suppose it is just hard on her is all. I will do something special for her to cheer her up, perhaps tomorrow will be a good time."

"I have not seen you at all since our encounter. Did you enjoy yourself?" A playful grin upon his lips as he spoke. "We shall have to get together soon, although Perdita will likely not join us again. She supports my life as a panling, but our ways are not hers." A soft laugh escpaed his lips as smiled at her. The bard spoke in a playful, mock-royal tone. "You know, Andolin assigned you to me, because he did not want me seducing his pages. You are know my page and subject to my whims. You should be grateful that you know have such a kind master." He laughed softly again as his hand slipped from her cheek and groped her breast lightly.

Post by Guest »

Celestine's eyes became concerned when he mentioned Perdita. She hadn't been comfortable during their encounter the other night and she hoped she hadn't scared off the other woman, or worse, made her think that she was some kind of threat to her relationship with Vanir. She'd have to try and talk to her soon to clear the air.

When Vanir informed her of her sudden switch in service, she gasped. Then she gasped again when Vanir started groping her breast. She giggled and looked about the Temple, then she shrugged lightly. After all, it was harmless. "Well, my new master is at least a lot more friendly than my old one!" She laughed lightly. "Seriously though, what will I be doing for you? Besides sharing Pan's Joy!" She gave him a mock-stern look and waved a finger chidingly. "Fun as that is, I expect I'll be doing some actual work from time to time, yes? Oh, and will I have time to continue my studies into magick? Lady Eliish recommended that I learn here at the Temple."
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir grinned and laughed playfully. "Well as much fun as it would be for you to serve me all the time, I have work as well. You are to keep studying here at the Temple and learn as much as you can from them. I was never formally trained, so there are certain things I can't teach you. The primary duties will be to attend to Leafwhisperer and help her through this difficult time."

Vanir moved closer to Celestine, slipping an arm around her waist. He leaned in to whisper into her ear. "I would, also, like you to keep an eye and ear on Andolin. He is becoming quite an inconvience for us, so we need some way to control him. I may have found one way, but no telling how well that would work. Find out about his personal life, any friends, lovers, or enemies that he has. Can you do this for me, my dear?"

Vanir leaned back to look her in eyes, smiling softly. He hoped he had not asked too much of her, but he could not trust just anyone with the task. "Of course, there will be other fun duties as well. The time of Pan's Joy has passed and a new era is upon us. It is a sad moment when we must pass on such things, yet we are already lovers, so we can still enjoy certain activities." The priest pulled her closer with the arm around her waist, laughing playfully, while the other hand groped her breast once more.

Post by Guest »

Celestine had frowned thoughtfully at his request. She was aware of his presence against her, very aware, but she still had to focus on her task. "That could be a problem. Even if I do get in and become the Lady's protector, I don't think Andolin would let me close to him. He wasn't too trusting when I was in his service, and if he transferred me to you, he won't trust me even that much, I don't think. He didn't seem to like you that much." She bit her lip. "I can listen to things around the Palace and try to get information that way, when I can. Would that help?" She could sense the irony. She'd refused to be Silk's informant and now she might be one for Vanir. But in this case, she was doing it to advance her God's interests and those of her friends.

"Of course, Master Larbeido might ask tasks of me too. I am still a Rose student." She shook her head and giggled. "Rose student, initiate priestess of Pan, and now Page to a more experienced priest. I don't know how I'll keep up and protect Lady Leafwhisper."

She gasped softly as Vanir continued to grope her and she rested her hands on his hips. "Did Pan say we had to stop spreading Joy completely? I mean, we still practice his Arts and some of us practice his Blood, even those their times passed."
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir smiled and whispered in low tones. "Andolin does not trust either of us, even less with you working for me; However, it is of little consequence, since I do not need you to get close to him. I just want you to listen and watch, perhaps befriend a few servants and get in on the palace rumors. I still your main focus to be on Leafwhisperer, but you pay attention to your former master. You do not need to place yourself in a dangerous position for mere information."

Vanir grinned wider and pulled Celestine up against him, so that there bodies were pressed against each other. He kissed her neck as he fondled her breast softly. "Lord Pan is concerned that spreading the Joy is empowering our enemies against us. We may still share ourselves with each other." Vanir released her breast from his touch and moved back. He spoke in a soft, teasing tone. "Of course that is only if you desire such a thing. I am certain you do not wish to spend the evening with a simple priest, so I would never ask it of you." A playful sparkle danced in the bard's eyes.

Isabella Florentina
Countess Companio, "Countess Cabernet"

Post by Isabella Florentina »

Isabella carefully opened the oaken door of the temple, cursing its light squeek. She preferred not calling any attention to herself. Passion and Joy were floating in vague tones around her, but the darkhaired lady paid it no mind. This was Pan's temple, there was supposed to be passion here, lots of it. Just to make sure Isa shielded herself against it, not willing to give herself over to her emotions. She never quite enjoyed playing alone as some other people had.

With a soft step Isa moved through the darkened building towards the altars, her deep red dress softly swishing. In the middle would be Pan's Joy and to either side Pan's Arts and Pan's Blood. Her ultimate destination was the mostly forgotten altar of the Blood.

As she moved through the dark, only lit by a few candles here and there she saw a couple. Their forms were vaguely familiar. Isa reached for a dark laced scarf to cover her head, prefering anonymity. One was wise not to broadcoast one's faith these days. She frowned as something tugged at her mind, yet to make a discovering without approaching any further would mean giving up her shields, an unwise choice in this temple. Isa swallowed, hesitating for a moment on the edge of where there was light, wondering if she should step out of the shadows to move over to the other altar.
[size=92][color=darkred] [b][i]
Together they planned a power and a love that would be envied forever.
Who was to know that forever would be so short?[/i][/size][/color][/b]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir was content to be alone with Celestine in the Temple. The quiet sounds of worshippers could be heard through the walls and even felt to some extent, but in the room they were alone. It was the arrival of a third that surprised him slightly. He turned over to face, although he couldn't make her out clearly.

"Ah, a new arrival. Please do not let us disturb you from prayer, my dear. I would never discourage someone from entering as long as you do not mind us." The priest laughed softly and grinned back at Celestine.

Post by Guest »

Celestine was about to respond to Vanir when the new person entered. She blinked, then stepped away from Vanir and curtsied as best she could in the sari-like wraparound the Temple had given her. She had the grace to blush as well. While she saw no problem in sharing Pan's Joy, she knew that not all who came here were comfortable with that, especially now.

"Forgive him. He's a bit of a jokester." She gestured to Vanir and smiled, aware suddenly that she and Vanir would have to represent Pan as best they could to one who sought Him. "We were not expecting company at this late a mark. I am Celestine, a student here at the temple, and he is Vanir, a priest. I admit I don't know much of the ways of Pan yet, but if I can be of assistance, please let me know." She curtsied again, the short blonde braids of her hair sweeping with her movement.
Isabella Florentina

"Vanir?" Isabella exclaimed softly, none of her surprise hidden nor faked. She had come to the temple to spend a moment in contemplation, not her usual style, but there it was. She had had so many disturbing dreams that it seemed appropriate. Isa had not expected to meet anybody familiar. She stepped into the circle of light, her hair still covered by the black lacy scarf. Her face was made up as if she had been out, with full red lips and rouge on her cheeks, her eyes even more darkened than usual.

"Celestine, is that you ?" Her dark eyes went from Vanir to Celestine. To this moment she had never made a connection. She had after all not been present at the ball, and Celestine had been a classmate who had shared her fate in the dungeon. How did they meet? She gave the girl a warm smile "I am glad you are alright Celestine." Then Isa frowned "what happened to your lovely long hair?"
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir laughed as Celestine made a proper introduction. He recognized the voice of the lady as soon as she spoke. It was even more clear when she used his name and then Celestine's. He turned around again and then stood to greet her.

"Isabella?! I had not expected to see you until tomorrow, but it is good that you are here. We were discussing Celestine's duties and her recent embarrassment at the Palace by your mutual former Master. It seems Lord Azarin as removed Celestine from the Palace working list of pages. It is most inconvienent, since I have asked to care for our friend, Leafwhisperer. Perhaps as the new Lady-in-waiting, you could convince him to allow her back in?" The tone was subtle to go unnoticed by most people, however Isabella would likely get his meaning. He did not want to reveal her secret in front of Celestine, even if she would likely discover itself.

Isabella Florentina

Isabella's eyebrows arched, as she put down her scarf. Andolin had not mentioned any embaressement, and she wondered what that was all about. "Is everything okay with Leafwhisper. Has she given birth yet? I haven't managed to visit her yet. I didn't want to draw suspicion in my current outfit." She gave Celestine a warm smile "It is good to hear you will be taking care of our sister. Pan has great plans for her and her babe. I'll make sure to ask the Lady to grant you access. No need to involve the Master of Protocol. He can be a bit stuffy." Especially if it concerned panlings spreading their influence. Isa wondered if Celestine was just a victim of Vanir and Andolin going head to head. It would serve no one. Yet another panling she had to keep out of the wind of her dark lover.

"I.. I am sorry to have disturbed you," Isa offered hesitating. There were many things she and Vanir simply had to discuss, but she wasn't sure this was the right place. She swallowed "For some reason I hadn't associated either of you with the temple. That sounds silly, doesn't it?" Her dark lacy scarf went back up, preparing to move on, but she waited a burn to see if anything else was required of them.

Isa used the time to give a secret look at Vanir, with a sharply arched eyebrow. Finally she could not hold her tongue "The lady Aesa doesn't know what being a Panling entails, does she? She will not hear from me, nor about Leafwhisper's .. associations.. yet one should take care. It is not a heart to treat lightly."

Post by Guest »

Celestine's violet eyes lit up as she recognized Isabella. "Isabella! I haven't seen you for what seems like ages!" She stepped forward eagerly, remembering the time spent in the dungeon and wondering what had become of their other classmates. She knew Adrian had been given a patron, a kindly older woman from what she'd seen at the ball, but she had no clue what had become of Fauna and the others. She looked slightly pained as Isa pointed out her hair, but Vanir jumped in before she could answer so she listened as Vanir and Isa spoke to each other. They knew each other? From where? She couldn't recall Vanir ever visiting the Guild, but she wouldn't be surprised. She had to hold in a laugh. With all those young, beautiful, impressionable Roses right next door, it must have been an overwhelming temptation.

When Isa asked her question, she came back into the conversation, although her mind was whirling with questions. "As for this." She fingered her blonde braids. "Well, I refused to give away any secrets of the Rose, so Silk, the madman behind our arrest, he...tried to make me talk." She gestured lightly to her hair and the scars on her neck, though she didn't show her the other ones. "Still didn't work though." She smiled happily. "I couldn't betray you all. You're like family."

"And I wasn't associated with the Temple, not until a couple of days ago. Silk let me out as a living message to Master Larbeido, and afterwards I've been between jobs." She laughed lightly. "I've been a page to the Master of Protocol and helped set up the Caesar's party the other night, but then I got removed. Lord Azarin didn't like Vanir using magick to take my mind into the Aether during the party, and with one thing and another, I wound up here. Apparently, I'm Vanir's page now, and he was just going over my duties when you arrived." She smiled warmly. "Pan said that his child would bring Love to the world. Since I can't fight or use magick very well, I want to do my part for the cause by protecting the child and its' mother. Thanks for helping out Isa. Maybe some time we can get together and exchange stories. I'd love to hear what you've been up to since then."

Finally, she turned back to Vanir. "The Lady Aesa? What does she have to do with anything?" Her brows lifted, a curious expression in her eyes. "Are you seducing her too?" She looked between the two of her friends. "If you two need to talk, it's okay. I can go to my room and leave you to it."
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir smiled as Celestine told everything to their mutual friend. It was sweet and innocent how much trust she afforded other people, a quality he found most attractive in her. He supposed he had always had a inclination towards her type of girls, Perdita and Aesa being no different. He chose not to comment as Isabella would likely be filled with questions.

Vanir gave Isabella a quick shake of his head at the mention of Aesa. He wondered why she would instantly assume the worst of their relationship, when he had already told her the truth. Celestine's naive question made him laugh lightly as it caught him off-guard. A bright smile on his lips as he answered. "No, despite what most believe, I am not seducing Lady Aesa. I am teaching her many things, even things of our religon, but she is not one to give herself over to such flights of fancy." He looked over at Isabella and grinned. "Despite what Andolin seems to think, I am not prone to seducing everything around me, although I do enjoy a selection."

Vanir reached over and held Celestine's hand and spoke softly. "There is no need to go to your room, my dear. Isabella and I have things to discuss, but we have already arranged a time. I wish for you to stay, since you do need to be aware of certain matters." The bard turned to his friend once more. "We will speak in greater detail as we had planned, but do not fret, I am not being foolish about Lady Aesa. She may be beautiful, but I am aware she is not for simple Joy."

Isabella Florentina

Isabella smiled at Celestine, inwardly cringing. She had been far less brave. What would she have done had she been faced with the infamous Silk? Probably seduce him on the spot she thought with a touch of irony. "Yes Celestine, we shall meet over tea," she reassured the rose, not informing she had quit the guild"I will send you a letter." If only to learn what happened to Larbeido. An interesting thought.

Her eyebrows shot in the air as Vanir declared he had not been seducing Lady Aesa. Does he think I'm ignorant? He knows I'm empathic and he foolishly radiated all of that delicious passion that so clearly bore his mark right into the entire Royal Wing. "As long as we agree Vanir that breaking Lady Aesa's heart would be the least of the problems, when the empire is involved" Isa said softly, and laughed a little "Who am I to object to Pan's Joy? Yet the reputation of the lady is paramount. It is the basis of her power. Discretion." She lifted her finger to give emphasize to that last word "Discretion, including to those that would be less understanding of reality. I fear such is now the full extent of my duty that I impress that upon her. I doubt the lady will be alone much in the coming days."

She smiled apologetic to both of them "Now, if you will both excuse me. I came here not to interrupt your.. consultations.. but to seek out some time for myself." She gave them both a friendly nod, and disappeared in the darkness of the Temple.

Post by Guest »

Celestine waved as Isa left. "Bye Isa! Good luck with your meditations!" She watched her friend disappear into the darkness, then turned back to Vanir.

"So what else should I know about your dealings, since I am your page now?" She cocked an eyebrow inquistively. "I wouldn't want to blunder into something accidentally. I am prone to do that, you know." She grinned. "Just ask Andolin, or Master Larbeido."
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir did not give Isabella anything to go off of, since he was used to her probings. He neither gave her any further comments or excuses to defend himself. They had agreed upon a time to meet and everything would be discussed there, besides he had not done anything....yet.

Vanir smiled and bowed his head softly as Isa left. He smiled at his new page and slipped his arms back around her waist. A sweet, hushed voice whispered to Celestine. "Isabella is a wonderful friend, but even she can be mistaken. I am tutoring Lady Aesa in the ways of the Citadel and various religous ideals, but not the ones I have taught to so many others. It can be unwise to try to convert believers of certain gods and I hear the Ice Queen can be most unforgiving. You have no need to know anything of my teaching her. The less people know about, the less rumors they can start."

"You may not have been the best page for Andolin, but you do not suit his needs at all. I plan to keep a close eye on you.....as well as other parts of my body." Vanir laughed softly and squeezed her buttocks playfully. "We now have until morning to do as we wish, so what do you wish, Celestine?"

Return to “Inner City Archive”