Seeking Advice-Vanir (Samheen 20th, Late Eveningtide)

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Celestine was drawn from her puzzlement by Noland's shrieks. She came over and lightly touched Noland's arm. "Noland!" She kept her voice calm though she heightened it to get his attention. "Noland, calm down. What you're seeing is Tseh. He, or she, or it, doesn't want to hurt you. It's just teasing you. Relax."

She looked back at Tseh. "Can you tell me what you do know of this Dark One and what are these hurts you're talking about?" For Noland's benefit, she turned to him and added "Tseh is warning me about a danger that might come for me, not for you."
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

The bedsheet stopped...or that is to say, the little shape bundled within the bedsheet stopped, bouncing in place upon Celestine's mattress. This gave it substance and placement, a very physical presence that made it seem less ominous or frightening, and the priestess' touch upon Noland's arm along with this new, almost comedic appearance of the creature went far to settle the young man. He glanced at Celestine once, his features melting into something more like confusion, before he turned his eyes back to the bundle of bedsheet which, as far as might be determined, could have been nothing more than a little kitten caught under her blankets.

Bad, BAD things! The lasher seeks a new puppet! He is nothing...he is no one...an idea, a thought, a dream...a very BAD dream! tinkled the little creature, it's form bouncing upon the bed such that the bundle of sheets rose and fell. It will touch you where you will hurt the most, and you will beg that it would touch you again! And touch you it will...again and again...until you cannot live without...

The bundle of sheets tried to leap to the floor, but the creature within had not the weight to pull the blankets down with it. Instead, it merely hung over the side for a moment, struggling within like a cat trapped in a bag. Pish! Poo! Yick... came the creatures complaints, as it struggled it's way through the fabric slowly.

Post by Guest »

Celestine, grateful that Noland was calm for the moment, moved forward and tried to gently unentangle Tseh. As she did, she spoke soothingly. "Tseh, would you coming with me to speak with Father Eric? He's one of the senior priests here, and a good friend of mine. If something bad is coming, he should know too so we can fight back against it." She spoke quietly, so as not to set Noland off again or seem threatening to the small being.

OOC: Sorry, real life slammed me for a while there. :(
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

Working out the binds in the sheet, Celestine believed for a very brief moment that she could see a tiny creature within, a little humanoid that was little more than a glimpse or a shadow that remained vague, as if she spied it through the corner of her eyesight, before the sheet fell relaxed and empty.

Speaks? No no no no no no no, Tseh only speaks to... the voice stopped suddenly. When it spoke again, it seemed to shriek, it's little tenor rising to an almost unbearable scale. DANGER! Come come!! Oh, ho ho...bad danger! The slayer comes! Come come! Help!

The trail of sparks shot out the door of Celestine's rooms, not even pausing at the heavy wood construction, a curious decision considering that it had been captured by a mere sheet only moments before. It's trailed arced down the hallway and towards Vanir and Finodborn once more.

Post by Guest »

Celestine's eyes widened. In a commanding tone she pointed a finger at Noland. "Stay here until I return!" She tore out of her room after Tseh, and when she realized what direction they were going in she yelled for Vanir or any other priest for assistance.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

Who or what The Slayer was might have been something of a mystery to Celestine, but follow she did, chasing after Tseh's ephemeral trail that lead her back towards the pair she had previously left in the lush gardens of the waiting area just before the Alter of Pan's Arts.

Celestine watched the faery charge towards Finodborn and...disappear, suddenly gone from her presence even in it's insubstantial, unreal way...as if it had never existed at all, nothing more than a figment of her imagination. In it's wake it left Vanir and Finodborn still seated and clearly meditating, having entered the Aether and therefore far, far away, the hums of their music filling the chamber with it's soft, peaceful sound.

(OOC: Please continue this scene in this thread, where Celestine rejoins Vanir.)
Last edited by Grant on Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

sklzd
Maeve: It starts with ambition
Meridiuz: It ends with Grant

Return to “Inner City Archive”