The Captive Rin

Moderator: Mods

Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"At least they will lend us weapons. It appears that these orcs have a competitive spirit. Interesting, and fortunate for the two of us." Rin said to Celebcam in elven. Rin would most certainly choose the long sword, for that was the only weapon out of the three that he knew how to use with any proficiency whatsoever.

Post by Guest »

Celebcam looked away from him to the orcs "Competitive? yes... Unfortunate for us? I don't know. Though the big question in my mind is whether they'll be fair to us....".

After a few moments he says "C'mon, let's see what food and drink they have for us." as he walks up to the campfire being made.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"Probably of some vile orcish sort." Rin thought to himself as he approached the campfire.

"Even if they are fair, it will still be a longshot that we win." he said to Celebcam.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The Orcs looked up when Celebcam and Rin walked to the camfire they were building. The one trying to light the stack of wood grinned: "Good you here! Now you try to light fire, no fire, no food!"

OOC: Ok, I reviewed my post. I read your thread through. Have fun!
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin looked over at Celebcam, slightly confused.

"I do hope that you know how to light a fire without flint, because I have not a clue." he said to him in elvish.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Celebcam only grunted and knelt down, restacking the wood and carefully clashed to flint and steel together, protecting the sparks. After a few tries the dried grass he had stacked at the bottom of the wood caught fire and he carefully began to blow the flames into the pile of wood. Soon after a nice fire was burning and the Emerald Guardsmen stood up and looked at the Orcs. The beasts began to prepare some sort of meat above the fire and didn't pay any attention to the prisoners.

Celebcam sighed and looked at Rin: "Perhaps we can get something to drink before we eat."
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"Perhaps if they have something not so vile. The gods only know what kinds of foul elixirs these creatures ingest." Rin replied in elvish, then looked over at the orc who had spoken to them last. "Water?" he said simply in the common tongue, not wanting to confuse the orc with a proper sentence.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

OOC: I've read through your thread and will temping for a while

IC:

"You have got to be kidding, these are Orcs we're talking about. The water is probably more dangerous than whatever passes as booze. The alcohol must surely kill off some of the harmful waste, but ....you dont have to take my word for it." the guardsman shrugged pressing his hands towards the fire. Gingerly he began poking around his wound to see if there was anything he could do.

"Water?" the creature grinned, and what a horrible sight it made as his already grotesque teeth seemed to grow as his lips curled back. Picking up a waterskin off of the ground he tosses it at Rin's feet. "Water." he affirmed. "Elf tummy weakly, no room for orc fire." the Orc laughed before taking a swig of whatever it was that they drank.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"You are probably correct, but if we do not drink we will die of thirst. 'Twould be a shame to deprive these creatures the pleasure of attempting to disembowel us later." Rin replied in elvish. He bent down and picked up the waterskin, then examined it closely. At the very least, the "water" contained inside was not eating through the waterskin. Bravely, he took a drink.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Celebcam shrugged and gave in to the younger elf's judgement, wincing as he continued to assess his wound.

The water that Rin managed to choke down despite the foul odor given off by the skin tasted clean, a suprise to be sure. It wasn't the crisp spring water, but it would certainly do the trick and after the treatment he had recieved it was a welcome change and muchly needed.

The orc whom he had been speaking to, should you want to call it that, snuffed in the air spraying Rin with small beads of spittle. A quick snort was all there was before Rin and Celebcam were left to themselves, the nearest orc several feet away.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"Disgusting beasts!" Rin growled in elvish as he wiped his face with his sleeve. Rin then handed the waterskin to Celebcam. "It is not as foul as these orcs for sure. The water is drinkable." he said.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

"They most certainly are, barbaric savages!." Celebcam had lifted himself from his seat by the fire and now stood beside Rin. Accepting the flask he wrinkled his nose at the stench but managed to take first a sip, and when that didnt kill him, several more gulps. "We've nothing to rely in now but ourselves, tomorrow we'll earn our freedom or die trying."

The orcs had not moved any closer, but surrounded by so many enemies there was nowhere they could run without being seen. The evening was setting in, day's light chased from the skies. Soon they would need to sleep, but the question is will they wake up?
Last edited by Hoppy on Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin nodded knowingly and sat down by the fire. He stretched his arms behind his back, then rested his elbows on his knees. Rin gazed into the fire, watching as the amber flames lapped at the air. Between the long time he had been awake, the running from the orcs, his wound, and the heat from the fire, Rin began to feel drowsy. He lay back on the ground and closed his eyes. Though he hadn't meant to, he quickly drifted off to sleep.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

It seemed that no sooner had Rin fallen into his slumber that he felt someone kicking at his side, waking him rather rudely. "UP! Get up, lazy elven scum! " The sun was over head, shining directly down on Rin and invading his vision save for a shadow that now loomed over him in the form of a particularly disgusting orc.

Across from him he could see Celebcam getting the same treatment as the older elf is dragged to his feet, hissing at either the treatment or what it was doing to his leg. "Almost time, soon you die but not before giving us some sport!" his control of the common tongue was better than average but that did little to curb his spite.

"You will eat, and then you will prepare yourselves." The orc turned away from Rin quickly and over at Celebcam who was back on the ground in a heap, a bright red shading on his cheek was evidence of an over eager jailer. "They were NOT to be harmed before the fight!" and before he could take his next breath, the orc that had assaulted Celebcam found himself clutching at his throat, a steady stream of crimson escaping between its gangly fingers. Kicking the fatally wounded creature to the dirt, Celebcam and Rin were both now brought to their feet.

"I'll not have our fun spoiled by the ignorance of the masses."
He left Celebcam and Rin wondering if he had done them a favor or not.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"One less orc to skewer." Rin said to Celebcam in elvish. "Are you alright? It seems as if you were dealt quite the blow." he continued, his tone now suggesting a little genuine concern.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

"I'll be fine I think." the cheek was already beginning to swell up, it looked as though the eye might be useless to him for a while. "I dont need more than one of them to take care of these beasts." the use of elvish was obviously beginning to irritate the orcs who couldnt comprehend what was being said.

The two of them were led away from their sleeping area towards one of the larger fires, obviously a cooking fire by the roasting carcass spinning slowly on the spit.

"You will eat well, we will not let you die on an empty stomach." the large orc flashed that horrid looking grin again.

Again in elvish Celebcam sneered "For THEIR benefit of course, if we lose we will be the next ones roasting on the spit."
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"Indeed. I cannot imagine that they favor elves as a meal. We are not the most muscular of species, after all. Although, we would have to be less vile than their normal fare." Rin replied in elvish, making another crack about the orcs and their dining habits. He plopped down near the fire, but far away enough so that one of the orcs could not "accidentally" blow a few flames their way.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Celebcam took a seat near Rin just as one of the orcs walked by and dropped a couple of plates of food. There was nothing but meat of course, at least it was cooked unlike some of that which the orcs seemed to be feasting on.

"I hope we weren't related." Celebcam said as he slowly raised a piece of the meat to his mouth. Closing his eyes and pinching his nose closed with one hand he placed the morsel on his tongue and began to chew, trying not to choke on it.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin picked up a piece of meat with his right hand and pinched his nose shut with the other. He raised the meat up to his mouth, careful to keep his nose shut, and took a bite of it. Seeing as he couldn't smell it, he figured that it couldn't be too bad. Rin just hoped that the orcs weren't trying to poison Celebcam and himself.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Whether it was the orc's cooking or the plugging of his nose, the meat he managed to eat didnt seem to be all bad. It was obvious that Celebcam hadnt eaten much recently by the amount of meat he was now scarfing down. Even Rin seemed to be rather hungry now that his stomache had been teased by the morsel.

"Enough!" one of the nasty beasts growled at the elves "Its time...get up!"
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin shot a disgusted, condescending look at the orc and stood up slowly. His wound was still quite painful and he could only hope that it wasn't becoming infected. He still couldn't manage to convince himself that he would win the fight, but he would try. At least he was fighting on a full stomach. For that, he was glad.

"I suppose that it is time to test our mettle. If we live through this grim situation and manage to return to Taloh Tel Amrun, I want to buy you an ale at the best tavern in the city." he said to Celebcam in elvish. Rin was surprisingly calm and serene for reasons unbeknownst to even himself. Rin had never been a spiritual person, regarding the gods and goddesses of light as beings to be respected and learned from as opposed to be worshipped or feared. Still, he took a moment to offer silent prayers to the deities whom he had always been most fond of: the Father of the Heavens, Mother Earth, and Illuminatus. If he did get out of the fight alive, it would most likely give him a different view of the three deities he most respected.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

"I'm going to hold you to that ale." the elder elf flashed a quick smile, finally they were going to DO something rather than just sit there.

There were two grouping of orcs, the larger began to make a rough circle in which the fighting would take place, the others were armed with crossbows and had them sighted on the two elves. A single orc, nothing special by the looks of him approached the captives with what looked like some crude weaponry. Dropping them on the ground in front of him in a heap were a dagger, short sword and a long sword.

"You.." he pointed at Rin "Pick one, then you" he pointed this time at celebcam. Apparently they would not be allowed to use the same weapon...
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin bent down to pick up the long sword, not taking his eyes off of the orcs armed with crossbows. Their presense eliminated the possibility of escape if it hadn't been already. These orcs were eager for the sight and taste of blood. Rin stood up and straightened himself out, grasping tightly in his right hand. He wondered which weapon Celebcam would choose.

"The dagger would be quicker, but the short sword would keep the orcs at somewhat of a distance. Quickness or distance?" he said to Celebcam in elvish as he waited for his to choose his weapon.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Celebcam stooding looking at the two remaining weapons for a moment, the choice would normally have been easy but he was unsure of what the orcs would think. "Both I think." and he reached down picking up the shortsword and the dagger.

Unsure as to what the ugly elf was up to, the orcs did not bother protesting. Then the Orc who had dropped them their weapons soke.

"Who first?"

"I'll leave that up to you Rin, would you like the pleasure of the first kill or shall I?" the elder elf smiled a wicked grin, there was no doubt in his mind of the outcome of these encounters.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"You can go first. I would hate to die before seeing you fight. Besides, maybe you could soften them up. You are obviously more skilled than I. If you do not want to go first, just say the word and I'll go first." Rin replied in elvish as he glanced back at Celebcam then back to the orc. He clutched the hilt of his sword even more tightly as he waited for the elf's reply.

Return to “Le Bois Noire Archive”