The Captive Rin

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

"The only thing I have is that sword there, but here you have my coat of arms. Do with it as you please, it's already ripped by them bloody orcs anyway." Celebcam answered. "Will you be able to run or anything like it? If not, we will have a hard time getting back to Tel'Aranae Quessir." He said while getting his coat of arms from behind him.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"I do not know if I am able to run with my wound, for I have not yet tried. Though it seems that I have no choice but to run." Rin replied. Meanwhile, he still had his mind on the idea of a bandage. The idea of cutting cloth with a sword was not only strange, but difficult to even conceive. So Rin began to look at all of the clothing he had on, looking for something that could be readily used as a bandage. He had on all the clothing that he owned, including the pourpoint armor which fit snuggly over his leather jerkin and cloth shirt. As he pushed back his cloak, he caught a glimpse of his leather belt. This seemed the only thing that could be used as a bandage, so he took it off and attempted to tie it around his leg where he was wounded, tightly enough for it to stay on and compress the wound to slow the bleeding, but not so tightly that it would cut off circulation.

Post by Guest »

"We can't do any more but try. Tell me when you are ready. No orcs to be seen from here." Celebcam said to Rin while taking in a position with his sword to run away as quick as possible.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"I'm ready when you are, but it would be best for you to take the lead. I have enough to be concerned about with my wound, so you would probably make a better lookout." Rin replied.

Post by Guest »

Celebcam nodded and got up a bit to see if there were any orcs behind them. "It's clear as far as I can see. Ready? Let's get going." Celebcam said and gracious he started moving, the sword in his hand and staying low as much as he could. When he got to the first bushes he stopped and signalled Rin to come over crawling if he could and to be silent.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin got as low as he could and moved towards Celebcam on his signal. He tried to keep his breathing quiet as he moved cautiously. As he moved, his eyes darted around, looking for orcs.

Post by Guest »

Nowhere could Rin see orcs. When Rin was a few yards away from his hiding place Celebcam quickly sheathed his sword when he looked at Rin and came running toward him, screaming "NO!" as he jumped and hit Rin's waist. Rin, who landed a bit hard with his back on some sticks could see an orc arrow flying by, hitting Celebcam in his leg.

Two orcs made themselves visible now, they had been lying in an ambush all the time and could finally fight their victims.

Celebcam got up and got the short sword again, while using his other hand to break the arrow shaft, letting out a scream of pain when it broke.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

With both himself and his companion having leg wounds, Rin knew that if they tried to run, they would most certainly be caught. They had no choice but to try to fight. He was weaponless, and Celebcam had only a short sword. If they were to fight the orcs head on, they would lose. It was time for more cunning tactics. Rin had been in many a fight in his days, and he almost always won by fighting "dirty". It wasn't honorable, but it kept him alive and well-fed.

"Well, come on then. If you intend to fight us, then do so." Rin said in a strong, willful tone in the common tongue, guessing that the orcs probably couldn't speak elvish all that well.

Post by Guest »

"Fight! yes.. we fight our terms. You be our prisoner or you be dead. Give up you no can win." The orc said in the best common tongue he could. With that a group of over ten orcs came forward, trapping Celebcam and Rin in a circle.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"Now, we have to make a decision. We can attempt to cut our way through a couple of orcs and run for it, or we can give ourselves up and try to escape later as prisoners. Any suggestions?" Rin said to Celebcam in Elvish as he got into a fighting stance.

Post by Guest »

"Run? Like that? You won't even outrun a squirrel who's tail has been cut off." Celebcam answers "We could try to cut through a few and run, but they will kill us when they capture us thereafter. Being a prisoner suits me more.". With that being said he let himself fall on his knees, stabbing his sword upright in the ground and afterwards putting his hands behind his head. "Come on! We don't want them to engage you in a fight do we?" Celebcam says and looks into the eyes of the leader of the band.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin, as much as he was appalled at the idea of being a prisoner of the vile orcs again, had to agree with Celebcam. They were both injured, and even if they weren't, they would probably lose again those orcs anyway. Rin dropped to his knees and put his hands behind his head.

"We surrender." he said clearly in the common tongue as he looked sternly up into the eyes of the leader, knowing that the worse thing to do at that point was to show fear.

Post by Guest »

A few flickers later the leader let out a grunt and made a handsign. Four orcs stepped forward, two to each of the prisoners, and bound their arms behind their backs, taking the sword away from Celebcam.

"You walk front" the leader said while he pointed the approximate way with the club he was carrying.

Walking up to Rin and Celebcam himself he looked at their wounds. Both wounds he tapped twice with his club and then ordered them to walk as quick as they could.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin did as ordered and began to walk as best he could, which was not quickly considering the terrible pain present in his leg.

"Damn it all! We were so close! How are we to escape? They will most certainly guard us more vigilantly than before since I already managed to escape once," Rin thought to himself as he walked. He looked briefly over at Celebcam, then set his eyes forward again. He was a little disappointed in him. It was hard for him to believe that Celebcam was actually part of the Guard. For a member of the elite Emerald Guard, he didn't seem very composed. Though Rin supposed that he couldn't really blame him. After escaping from a siege and then being captured by orcs, then escaping them, Celebcam must have been through a lot, Rin thought. Rin had managed to hide his fear and anxiety pretty well, or so he tried and hoped. The last thing he wanted was for the orcs to smell fear in him, for they would be able to take advantage of it. "Those filthy orcs. Damn them! No, do not get carried off in your emotions, Rin. You must remain calm." he thought.

Post by Guest »

By direction commands of the orcs they all got back to the camp Rin escaped from.

Both prisoners got into manacles now and their feet were being bound to a giant oak with about three foot of rope between their ankles and the tree. Their necks were bound together with a reach of five feet. It seemed that nothing could part them this time.

Three orcs were watching them full time and their guards changed when dinner was brought. Two pieces of meat were thrown about six feet from the tree. The new orcs were laughing at the two.

Celebcam looked at them and turned back to Rin. "Does anyone know you're here and do they expect you back at a certain day?" he said, with eyes looking at Rin, filled with hope.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"Only the Temple, who sent me here, knows that I am in this area. However, I do not think that they will go far at all to look for me. In a week or so, they will most likely assume that I am dead or gave up on my quest," Rin said gravely in Elvish so that the guards would not understand him. "Before I escaped the first time, I told the orc chief that I was just a scout that had no connection with Taloh Tel' Amrun. I told them that I had only been in the city for a day, but they insisted on information, so I made up some various details. They seemed to believe me. I am sure that you are already aware of this, but you probably shouldn't let them know that you have anything with the Emerald Guard." he continued.

Post by Guest »

Celebcam looked saddened and hesitated to reply, but finally did. "You think the orcs haven't seen that I'm from the guard yet? They captured me while I was guarding a caravan at Ost Tel'Anor. Why did the temple send you here? I expect you were sent by them, right?" Celebcam whispered to Rin, while the orcs watched them carefully. "They seemed to believe you? Don't let me laugh." Celebcam said and snorted once, "These orcs are smart... Too smart if it's up to me. Don't trust whatever they say or seem to do. You have noticed yourself they are tricky out there in the woods.".
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"You neglected to reveal that detail. If they know that you are part of the Guard, that only means that they will kill you first. If they thought that I was part of the Guard, they would have killed me before," Rin replied, then paused for a moment. "I have once told you why I was sent to these lands, so there should be no need to repeat myself. Lastly, your attitude is not helping the situation. You would be wise to keep quiet and think of a plan. These orcs surely will not keep us alive for long." he said.

Post by Guest »

Celebcam snarled once at Rin "Dolle naa lost!". He walked up to him and punched him in the stomach, quick and hard. "These Orcs mightn't be the smartest race existing, but they are of uttermost intelligence compared to you!" Celebcam said in common while his other fist hit Rin on the face. "If you want more you have to say now and I can finish this" the elvish guard said once again in the elven tongue.

The Orcish guards watched them and it was clear they were making a bet.

OOC:
the elven sentence means: Your head is empty.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin's patience was quickly running out. He wanted so badly to strike back, but he calmed himself and realized that fighting would solve nothing, if it did not make the situation worse.

"Stop acting like a child! If we are to leave this wretched place alive, we cannot engage in such meaningless squabling. If we do not work together, we will certainly fail." Rin growled in elvish as he stepped back a bit.

Post by Guest »

"The only thing we can do is wait. Wait for rescue. If no one is coming for you, we have a problem because we can not escape here if we don't know the part of the forest we're in." Celebcam said. "Even I don't know where we are. Do you?" he continued at Rin, all in the elven tongue.

Celebcam seemed to think for a few moments and then spoke, once again in the elven tongue. "The temple sent you with a mission to prove you are worthy of the Guard, right? If that is so then they will inform my superiors if you don't return within.... let's say some four or five days as they expect you'd either be back by then or would've given a mission status."
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"I certainly hope so. Now that leaves us with staying alive until someone finds us, if anyone comes. We most likely will not even be given an oppurtunity to escape. Even if we were, we would not get far with these injuries." Rin replied in elvish.

Post by Guest »

After a while, later on that day, three orcs came up to them. One of them grabbed the chains and got them off the tree. "You with me come" the orc said while pulling the chains behind him while his two helpers were watching the prisoners.

They walked to the tents and Rin and Celebcam were delivered to the leader of the tribe.

He looked at them in disgust and said "You want freedom. We want fight! You win, you go free. We win, you our slave. Okay is?"
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin looked over at Celebcam.

"We cannot fight in our conditions. We would not have a chance. However, if we do not fight, we will still be their captives. I do not think that they would kill us should we choose to fight. They would not want to kill their new slaves. I leave the choice to you, for you are an Guardsman and more fit to make this choice than I." he said in Elvish.

Post by Guest »

Celebcam looked at Rin and said "Yes, we accept this deal... monstrosity."

The orc looked at him and continued "You smart try. This are rules: tomorrow fight. You fight Krashnar, he fight Ruczor. Choose weapon then. Short sword, long sword or dagger. Now you sleep and eat and drink with us to be strong tomorrow."

Return to “Le Bois Noire Archive”