Desert Dandelion -- Jezira

Moderator: Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Desert Dandelion -- Jezira

Post by Ashari »

Samheen 21 -- Morningtide

The night had gone peacefully in the house of Drummel Barsanke, Jezira's newested owner. She had just arrived the day before, and settling in was always a process. Drummel was a wealthy merchant, and he had purchased the beautiful woman at a high price, much to his wife's behest, who had thought he would be better off with another camel, not a concubine. However, like a properly submissive woman she had let the subject drop, and was somewhat glad of the woman's precence, as it would hopefully mean less of a burden on her.

Jezira wasn't lucky enough to get her own room here, instead she was sharing it with the nanny, a girl she had yet to meet. Drummel had seven children, all of them boys, and it was an understatement to say they were a handful. Already, in the short time she had been there they had broken a window in one of their bedrooms. There were many other servants in the impressive building: chefs, butlers, a doctor to help with Drummel's failing health, maids, and a plethora of guards.

The slave girl had been what is called a "blind purchase". Barsanke knew nothing of her, aside from her exotic beauty, but this morning is when they would meet, at some point, at his leisure.

Sunlight streamed through the window of the small bedroom. She was on the righthand side of the room, atop a small straw mattress. A knock came on the door, before a young woman with tanned skin, and reddish-black hair stepped in. She gave Jezira a quick smile before walking over to a trunk at the foot of the bed on the left hand side of the room. She pulled out a fresh dress from it.

"Hello," she said. "And good morning. You are the... woman? Drummel's newest slave?" It seemed obvious, but she asked out of curtesy. "I am Nadira. I watch his children." She started stripping out of her clothes. "And I'm running a bit late to get them ready for the day." She had a fine body. Her arms looked strong and used to lifting. However, as she pulled off the old bodice she had been wearing, she displayed a wicked scar going across her stomach. It appeared to have been a deep wound, and it slashed right below her naval. It was only a brief flash however, for she quickly pulled on the new fresh outfit. "Did you sleep well? Is there anything you are in need of?" she asked with a smile.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Samheen 21 -- Morningtide

A handsome warrior, his eyes sparkling blue like the sky, his body athletic and well displayed as he wears only leather breeches so his strong muscles are well displayed shaping a chest like those to be seen at the sculptures the master artisans create, his feet are in high boots, his strong arm runs protectively around Jeziras waist as she feels so secure, so protected, so safe ...
Almost an eternity later, she hears his surprisingly melodic but masculine voice saying :
"Who are you ?"
...and she feels a cold uncomfortable wind pushing her away from the warrior although she wants to stay with him ...
"Who are you ?"
He asks again and Jezira is already a few steps away from him answering :
"I I.. I don't know !"
Stronger and stronger she is pushed away and still hears from afar the warrior shouting:
"WHO ARE YOU !!"

A knock ! ... Jezira flinches as she awakes and rises quickly as if in danger, one hand brushing a strand of her blonde hair out of her face as she feels the straw mattress under her and quickly recognizes the room 'yes, the new owner...I now belong to Drummel Barsanke' she thinks to herself, easily remembering the name.
A young woman enters the room 'she must be the nanny' Jezira thinks again to herself as she watches her pick out a fresh dress then looking to her saying:
"Hello," she said. "And good morning. You are the... woman? Drummel's newest slave?"
Jezira nods and smiles faintly softly saying "good morning..."
"I am Nadira. I watch his children." Jezira answers "I am Jezira, I am a concubine and have learned to care for a household." while letting her gaze run along the body of her roommate
closely but unconspicously, immediately letting her thoughts wander 'she has a fine body, but
she is not beautiful enough that i have to fear her ...' shortly remembering another girl who tried to scar her face with a broken glass to dispose of the competition, then noticing the scar knowing it too well from other slavegirls, whose babies were cut out of their bellies, thinking about how many usually die in the process she feels respect for that woman 'she seems to be a very tough one...'
"Did you sleep well? Is there anything you are in need of?" Nadira asked with a smile.
'...and a friendly one' Jezira thinks before she answers "Yes I did, thank you..." Jezira smiles before she continues "...perhaps, you could you tell me the rules of the Master so he wont be angry with me please ?" soft blue eyes looking up warmly to her roommate.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Clever post. :wink:

IC:

Nadira smiled. "His rules are simple enough: What he says goes." The nursemaid sat down on her own bed and looked at Jezira. "You are not from here, are you an orphan turned slave?" It was a common practice, children were kidnapped or orphaned or lost and they somehow always ended up at the famed Amunic Orphanage under the control of Helena. Many knew she was a wicked monster, selling the children to the highest bidder, but not many realized they were being taught the sort of roll that Jezira was.

Prostitution was highly regulated in Abu`Sahir. Ionis, the current Rafao, had made sure of it. There were few harbour harpies waiting for the sailors to step off looking for a good time. Instead, there were brothels which payed high taxes back to the crown where the salty seamen could go.

"The only thing I'd say you have to watch out for is his wife. She is an interesting creature, very beautiful. She is his third wife. I was here for the second, she died in childbirth, however. Selene is... young and believes herself the queen of the household. It's best if you let her continue to believe that."

There was a child's squak from the next room. "I believe that is one of the little monsters waking from slumber." Several other sounds ensued, following by a baby crying. "I've got to go." She quickly stood and ran her hand down the front of her skirts to straighten them before she turned toward the door. "Oh! I nearly forgot." Nadira turned back around and added: "There is a door, to the left of this one when you are stepping out, it is a slave's stair leading down to the kitchen. Go down and get yourself some breakfast before the rest of the Drummels wake, because then you'll be scooted out of the kitchen.

"Have a good day, I shall probably see you around, or perhaps this evening during dinner," she said and turned with finalization punctuated by a baby's scream.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: thank you - love to read that, especially after a first post ! ;)

IC:

Jezira listens quietly, rising in a gracefully slow way into a crosslegged sitting position, so her
rough woolen tunic displays her tighs a bit more and the lower part of an elaborate tatoo,
starting from the lower right thigh upward, but still is hidden mostly from the tunic - one
could guess, that it is a stem of a plant or something alike (?).
Nadira smiled. "His rules are simple enough: What he says goes."
Only Jeziras eyes tell how intently she was listening to Nadiras words, who just continues:
"You are not from here, are you an orphan turned slave?"
Jezira nods "Yes, I grew up in Mistress Helenas Orphanage..." she lets the rest of the
sentence trail off diplomatically.
Again Jezira listens intently and very concentrated as Nadira tells her about the young wife of
her new owner, then looks up too, as she hears a baby crying and sees Nadira quickly hushing
away, hearing her say :
"Have a good day, I shall probably see you around, or perhaps this evening during dinner..."
Jezira smiles saying after Nadira "you too and thank you so much !" being not sure if Nadira
heard her words, but is sure that she could have had a much worse reception !!
Then Jezira rises from her crosslegged position to standing position without using her hands
and arms for support, twists slowly and gracefully then moves to the door and thinks to
herself '...but the day has just begun' as she looks for the slave's stair leading down, that
Nadira talked about, moving the stair down reluctantly until she reaches the kitchen
indicated.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: No problem, and sorry for the late reply. :oops: Just as a note on 'how to post': You don't have to re-state what my NPC says, Jezira can just reply, and it should be fairly easy to tell what she's talking about. Otherwise, it get's a little confusing as to who's saying what.

IC:

The girl nodded at the mention of Helena's Orphanage. It was a place from which many slaves came. "I know others that came from there, a few even work here. I'll try to introduce you if you don't get a chance to meet them yourself." She smiled and said: "You're welcome, it's my pleasure to greet the new ones who arrive.

Downstairs Jezira was met with the heavy scent of honey and bread baking. It filled the air with a sweetness that was nearly palpable. A man sat at a cutting block table that was large, but meant for preparation, not for eating, and he was slicing up dried figs into slices which he then put onto pieces of bread which were slathered with a smooth layer of a white cream or cheese. He yawned and lifted his hand to his mouth then rubbed his eyes and started slicing again.

He wore a simple white tunic overwhich he had a gray apron. His arms were bare and his legs nearly were as well leaving his muscled exterior exposed. Noting the movement out of the corner of his eye he turned to see the concubine. He offered a smile. "Morning," he said. His face was angular with wideset jawbone and a strong nose. His eyes were dark as common of his race and his hair was cut short but was black in color. "You new?" He turned back to his cutting. "Hungry?"

Post by Guest »

OOC : np ;) - ok, no reposts !

IC :

Jeziras inhales the scent and sighs joyfully, moving a bit faster into the kitchen
until she notices the man at the cutting block, who turns to her, while she looks at him curiously.

"Good Morning, I am Jezira..." she answers with a soft smile, "yes, I am new ..."
then she nods quickly with a playful smile to the mans last question
approaching him in a mix of reluctant eagerness.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"You look familiar," he said as his eyes focussed on the beautiful young woman. A smile lit his face. "Perhaps you just look like someone I knew, eh?" There was something in the quality of his grin, the cut of his jaw and the glitter in his eyes that pulled at her own memory as well. He was a young man, perhaps nineteen or twenty yahren, and handsome, though covered in an array of flour and spices at the moment.

"I'm Muh`Dok." The slave turned back to what he had been doing, realizing that it was only a matter of time before he was going to have to have breakfast ready for the masters of the house. "Here you go." He placed the two bread pieces covered in the cream with fruit atop on a small plate and slid it over to Jezira. "It's easy to make, so that's what I usually have for breakfast."

Since he had handed his own breakfast over to the concubine he deftly grabbed another sweet roll and sliced it, he spread the cream over quickly and then started placing the sliced figs over it. "Do you take cream or sugar or both in your tea?" He asked as he moved over to the fireplace where he grabbed a kettle which he placed on the counter to cool for a burn.

Post by Guest »

"Really ?..." Jezira then looks again at the slave, thoughtfully playing with one of her strands of
long blonde hair "yes ... you look familiar although I have to admit, that I cannot remember you
exactly right now." She smiles apologetically, then taking one of the bread pieces with a soft
spoken "thank you and just tell if I may help"
Just taking a bite from the bread piece and enjoying the taste, she only nods to his words, then
before taking the next bite, she answers softly again "both please."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Maybe we worked at the same place at the same time before, when we were younger, or something?" He offered, but he honestly wasn't sure. He did know he would remember a face like the one Jezira had for the rest of eternity. She was indeed a beautiful flower in such a desperate desert. "Here you are." Muh`Dok handed over a steaming mug with an aromatic scent lifting off the surface. Nobles paid a high price for such exotic teas in far away places like the Citadel or King's Court or even World's Mouth, but here it was common place.

This particular blend was a morning or breakfast tea. It was spiced with lemon and other citrus rinds to wake the mind for a fresh start to the day. Muh`Dok took his with only sugar in it. "So what are you doing here? You can't be a cook..." He had noted how lost she appeared in the kitchen.

Post by Guest »

Jezira nods slowly as she herself wasn't sure about Muh`Dok ... So many slaves she met,
seldom friends among them as a slave cannot afford to have a friend. It is just less
painful when a loose acquaintance is sold "away" to a different Master, then a friend.
Then she takes the tea and first inhales the scent for some time then sips from it
"thank you ... " she answers and looks up as she hears the question saying softly :
"I have learned to care for a household and when I was old enough I was chosen to be a
concubine." She lets her gaze wander around the kitchen thinking to herself 'So long
ago...' then concentrates on the cook again.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

He nodded as she said thank you. Personality and politeness were always agreeable with coworkers, which basically was what they were, though their duties were quite different. A concubine... He had known several in his time of servitude of important households, however, in the Barsanke Estate there had never been one, so this was an interesting turn of events. "And here I thought his hunger was satiated by the children's nurse." He said quietly before taking a sip of his own tea which was so warm and soothing. It was still cold, the desert air didn't hold the heat once the sun disappeared, so it felt good to get some warming into the bones.

"Do you enjoy it? Are you treated well?" He paused. "Rather, have you been treated well? I doubt you'd have gotten the chance to meet up with your new master as of yet. He shouldn't be awake for another while." Muh`Dok took a bit of his bread and cream cheese breakfast. "Cooking has treated me well, my owners have been generous, and Barsanke isn't over the top on what he wants to eat. His wife.. well.. she's another matter entirely." He licked his lips. They looked soft as he lifted his hand toward her. "You've got some... creme." He wasn't sure if she would be ok with him touching her, so he waited until she either encouraged or discouraged him.

If it was alright then he quickly wiped a small spot of the cream from her left cheek a bit aside from her mouth. His fingers were strong but he used a gentle touch to remove the sweet substance. "There," he wiped it on a cloth napkin that rested on the counter. "Much better, I just couldn't stop staring at it, hard to have a discussion when you are staring at something on someone's face." He smiled.

"So, here you are just to be a concubine? Or do you have other services to provide? Like, will you be working with the missus to keep the house in order?"

Post by Guest »

Jezira takes another sip feeling the ingredients giving comfortable warmth and at the same
time refreshing her mind and body. Hearing Muh`Doks question she thinks for some time
seeming not quite sure what to answer then says softly :"You surely have noted, that I have
not the sturdy build a slave on the fields or in the mines should possess, so I am happy with
the profession I was trained when I see those poor souls on their way, but I was surprised
then, as I was chosen to be a concubine as my looks are those of a foreigner, but you ask if I
am enjoying it ..." she pauses and lowers her gaze for a moment, then as she looks up she
smiles again saying :"Lets say, I learned to enjoy."
Intently she listens to Muh`Doks words, then answers modestly:"I had my share of good and
not so good moments and thanks to merciful High Anasis..." she rises her hand in a gesture
of respect to the divine mother then continues "...my body still isn't blemished, be it through
punishment or miscarriage, so i think I can say that life treated me well", gracefully angling her
head as she realizes Muh`Doks intentions and feels as the cream is wiped from her silkysoft
skin, then smiles back to him.
"As I said before I learned both, all else will be for the Master and Mistress to decide ... I am
still without orders" she smiles.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Muh`Dok nodded at her comment of making herself enjoy what she had to do. "I'm not much of a fan of cooking, either, but I was found to be proficient at it, and am pretty good at running a kitchen if I do say so myself, so I've been working at that for a few yahren now. I did know my time doing labour though. That's how I got most of my scars." He frowned. "It's a much harder life for many reasons. It is good you were spared of it," he said.

"Ah, without orders!" He laughed. "I'm sure that will change once they've woken. Infact, if you are really-" His words were cut off by a loud bell ringing at the door. "Nevermind." He looked a bit cross. "They are awake. Time to get everything ready." Muh`Dok stood up and quickly ate the second half of his meal. "You can take that outside, go to the left and there's a small porch. It's shaded. You're welcome to sit there, just make sure you bring in your plate and cup when you are done, ok?" He spoke over his shoulder as he started taking down plates from cabinets and then another slave came into the room. Younger. "Ah. Gin. This is Jezira. She's just arrived. You treat her with respect, got it?"

The youth nodded. "Pleased to meet you Miss Jezira." He bowed. Muh`Dok grinned.

"I'm training him to be a gentleman." He tossled the young man's hair. "Alright, let's get down to business. Get the silverware." And then they were a flurry of activity and orders, preparing the morning meal for their masters, leaving Jezira on the outside of their actions.

Post by Guest »

Jezira nods while Muh`Dok tells about his time of hard labour, having seen quite a few times the
work gangs leave in the morning and return very late and compassionately having noticed the condition the slaves were in, pausing with her meal as she remembers, but then she hears Muh`Dok again and laughs softly :"I am sure it will !"
Suddenly the bell rings and Jezira gracefully moves out of the way of the sympathetic cook nodding as he tells where she could go now answering "yes, sure ... thank you" seeing then the younger slave she answers "Thank you, thats very polite Master Gin" and smiles warmly to him.
Listening to Muh`Dok then she says: "...and you trained him well as far as I can say"
Finally thinking she will only stand in the way she takes her cup and plate heading to the direction indicated to her saying: "Thank you for everything" and gives them a grateful smile before she leaves for the porch.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Well, if it's master, then it be Master Gigino, Gin is just a nickname." The youth replied quickly. He appeared maybe thirteen yahren. Just becoming a man, or would be soon. Already he was busying himself with the tasks that Muh`Dok ordered, but he just had to get the last word in. "Enjoy your meal, Miss Jezira."

Outside the young woman was met with hotness. Already the cold desert air was fleeing before the might of Uphuron's bright orb. It was almost stifling, but under the shaded porch, surrounded by a good deal of plants brought from the surrounding area of Lake Mu-At, other oasises, and from the riverbed of the Emphalis, it was quite cool. Such was the luxury of wealth, one could afford to not only water themselves, but their plants as well. Commoners would never keep such trivial things, but there was an excellent collection of blooming cacti toward the edge of the porch, and one of the flowers that was in the shade had a large purple flower on it from which a thick honey scent arose.

Light footsteps from the otherside of the porch pulled at Jezira's senses. "Ah... Hello." A woman of impressive girth waddled into the greenhouse porch. "You must be the concubine for my husband." She had black eyes that were beady and lined with crinkled wrinkles thanks to her age. On a woman of beauty and vigor they'd be laugh lines, but paired with harsh creases on her forhead and beteween her brows, they were better known as crow's feet. She didn't look pleasant at all. "What precisely are you doing on my terrace?" Madam Barsanke frowned, and it seemed impossibly deep.

Post by Guest »

Jezira smiles as she hears the boy and adds as she is just moving out "Very well then ... it was nice to meet you Master Gigino" and a second later "thank you very much."

Jezira feels the heat and stops a moment adjusting to it and as she does, she sees the nice and marvelous sight of the porch, admiring it and moves closer, curiously noticing every small part of the way everything was arranged to a beautiful whole. Putting plate and cup down between the plants so she wont spill it with a wrong step, she moves still closer and holds her hand close to the purple flower and inhales the sweet scent with a soft sigh of sweet bliss.

Suddenly she hears light footsteps as a slave can't let her sense for her surroundings fail her, be it as simple as the empty goblet of someone she serves or steps in the vicinity like now.
Seeing then that women approaching her, speaking to her, somehow not matching Nadiras description 'that woman is not young and not very beautiful' she thinks, but nevertheless moves into a respectful curtsy answering in a soft submissive voice "yes oh merciful Mistress of the House" and again she feels that kind of fear every slave feels when the attention of her owner is on her.
"I was looking for my Master and my Mistress to pay my homage and thank them for buying an unworthy slave like me."
Jeziras thoughts race as she ponders who is lying here, is this some kind of joke with new slaves, presenting to them a wrong Mistress or did Nadira lie to her and her friendly behavior was false toward a new young slave she tries to dispose elegantly ?
Silently she prays 'Oh merciful Anasis, I beg you, let me choose the right way out of that.'
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The woman's cruel frown slowly spread into a wide grin. "You'll do just fine here, now won't you?" She looked down at Jezira with something of a knowing smile on her face which somehow seemed transformed it from the twisted apparition she had been. "Stand up now, c'mon. I just wanted to give you a quick test of what the Mistress Barsanke is like. She will snap at you, especially because of what you are doing here." Offering one pudgy palm to be shaken, the woman introduced herself: "Marian, I tend to the gardens here at the Estate. Head gardener infact."

"I really do apologise, didn't mean to lie to you, or make you hate me, I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't do anything to piss the lady off, otherwise she'd likely take it out on one of us, since, technically speaking, you only belong to Barsanke himself."

"Anyway, you passed the test, now what is your name, I didn't get it beyond all the chatter and gossip that has been said about you. I must admit, I do understand why he would've picked you... though I heard it was a blind purchase, that he didn't get to see you yet. He should be pleasantly surprised. He likes the exotic." She looked around at the flowers. "But I'm sure you'll figure that out quickly enough."

Post by Guest »

jezira only has that VERY surprised look on her face for a short time as she was somewhat
expecting something like that, softly gasping out her deep relief, then rises with a light and graceful movement saying :
"Ooh YOU you ..." being somewhat speechless from that sudden turn of things, a fiery accusing gaze as she continues "You nearly scared me to death !"
As Marian speaks about the garden, jeziras features almost immediately soften as she likes the place, taking the hand offered to her with her own very delicate one, answering, almost calmly now : "nice to meet you..."
She listens to the words of Marian understanding very well why she did it answering to her question : "I am Jezira...", smiling as she hears the friendly words about herself, thinking how fast Marian has changed, continuing "thank you ... that garden is most beautiful ... oh does he ?"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Marian grinned. "I didn't mean to scare you.. well, maybe I did a little bit." She laughed a hearty laugh. Almost the entirety of her mean exterior had changed to that of just a regular middle-aged woman of a large size. "But all in good fun, I promise. Jezira, eh? Nice name. Seems local, but you don't look like you are from around here. Raised in an orphanage, then?" She was an intelligent woman, that much was for sure.

"You like my garden?!" Marian beamed proudly as she looked around. "It does look quite nice around now." She grinned and stroked a leaf on one of the plants lovingly. "But if you think these are nice, you should see the boys who actually do the planting and the maintaing..." She winked. "Soon enough."

"Oh yes, he does enjoy the exotic. Should be quite pleased with his purchase of you." The full figured woman nodded. "Indeed. I know Barsanke rather well, and he will be quite happy. If you are as talented as beautiful, then I'm sure whatever he paid was worth it."

Post by Guest »

Jezira joins the laughter, but in hers much more relief is to be heard, nodding to the question about where she was raised, then her laughter becomes a playful giggle as she hears Marians words about the boys doing the planting and maintaining, displaying that nice mix between
sensuality and careless girlishness, a trait most people found sympathetic.
Hearing Marians compliments she smiles and lowers her gaze for an instant then looks at her again and says softly : "thank you ... but please, could you tell me more about him ? ... How is he ? ... Is he young or old ? ... Is he nice or rather firm ?" big blue eyes sparkling with curiosity.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"He is of middle age, still young enough to be in full strength, but he's also old enough to know exactly what he wants done, and how. I think you're a way of proving his youth -- prove that he's still got it going on, and that his wife cannot sustain him alone." The older woman sat down at the small table. "Please, don't let me interrupt your meal while I speak." She motioned to the unfinished breakfast.

"As far to whether or not he is strict... that is difficult to say. Those who follow him and do as he say are in a golden light, but once you step out of line, it's hard to get back into his graces. He holds grudges like no other I've ever know, and many of his slaves have been shunned only because of him being disgraced by them."

The gardener smiled. "But he's been good to me over the yahren, so I've no complaining to do on my own account." She shrugged. "I'm not sure what else to tell you that you won't pick up all on your own once you meet him, which I'm sure will be soon, probably right after his breakfast." She paused. "Unless you have more questions?"

Post by Guest »

Jezira listens intently to the older womans words, nodding now and then, more and more
gaining an impression of that man, who is her new owner, although she still can't explain,
why a successful merchant makes a "blind purchase" as he bought her without knowing her
before. Intrigued by that thought she picks up her breakfast on the notion of Marian.
The mental image of her new owner gaining more and more depth as she hears, that he
tends to hold long grudges and remembers how she was told long ago by more experienced,
but well meaning slaves 'Your owner is the most important person, lil'one - your life is in his
or her hands, so try to find out as much as you can about him or her.'
Having finished her breakfast, she answers "I am very grateful for your words, as they will surely
help me a lot in adjusting well into the household. If you could only tell me please, if I am expected
to be at a special place or can I move around freely here ?"
Jezira remembers to take the cup and plate back to the kitchen to Muh`Dok as she listens to
Marians answer.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The older woman smiled as well. "You can stay in the back of the house, here. This whole bit is servants' quarters." She paused. "There is your room upstairs, the kitchen, this porch, there is also a sitting room off of this porch for all of us."

"Out back, there are some small houses. Some are occupied by slaves. I have my own house." There was a measure of pride in her voice as she said this. "But most of those are lived in by guardsman who work for the estate." Marian thought for a moment.

"I'm sure that you will be summoned when Barsanke is ready for you." She shrugged. "Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you."

Post by Guest »

Jezira listens and shows an admiring smile as usually not many slaves ever succeed to own
something as precious as a house.

After Marian has ended, jezira looks down and says "I am really sorry, to have asked so many
questions, but I admit, that I am terribly afraid of doing something wrong..." then she looks
up and adds "...but I shouldn't be as I was so warmly welcomed" she gives Marian a grateful
smile, then says:"But I think I shouldn't keep you away too long from your work and I shall bring
the dish and cup back to Muh`Dok"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"I understand that fear, young one. All of us have faced a bad master, one who is quick to anger, quick to lashing. It is one of the difficulties of being a slave, but I have experienced no beatings at the hand of Lord Barsanke." Marian tried to comfort Jezira with her words. "And I've been here for more yahren than I care to tell." She winked. "Now, I've got to get to my work. I will probably see you this evening at dinner."

The head gardener excused herself, then then walked back the way she'd come. It had been a test, and as Marian said, she acted absolutely respectful. That was good.

Hot sun filtered through the leaves, casting it's warmth on the slave's fair skin. She hadn't been seasoned to this start of thing, and it was amazing how quickly she felt an almost burning sensation from it across her forearm.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”