Destination: Tel' Aranae Quessir

Moderator: Mods

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

"Rose it is then," he said with a smile, "Well come on! time to go!" He jumped on the cart and offered Akiras a hand.

Soon after they rode over the way that Akiras had followed before and after about half a candlemark, Alzihair steered the cart to a small ath to the East. It was a clear but cold day, birds singing and the sun behind them steadily climbing to its zenit...
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras climbed up into the cart herself. She would have rathered to walk. but the cart was likely faster. "Alzihair" Aki said after a long silence "What did you do before you became a merchant?"
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Alhizair's face darkened: "It is not a time I like to discuss, some things are best to be forgotten."

He made a weird sound and the donkey began to walk a bit faster. Suddenly the distinct sound of an arrow could be heard, immediatly Alzihair ducked and took Akiras with him. A few flickers later the arrow 'plocked' into the cart.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras dropped with Alhizair. Grabbing her dagger while she was at it. "Who wants you dead?" she asked serious.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Alzihair grinned: "Almost half of the known world. No, kidding, not anyone I know of at the moment. This must be bandits or some of your friends."

Another flight of arrows hit the side of the cart and Alzihair grimaced: "Bah! Now I need to fix that! Let them come if they dare!"

As if called by his words two men emerged from the trees, wearing tight-fitting leather.

One pulled a dagger and the other a short sword...
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Aki looked at Alzihair, looked at the first bandit (now called Dagger) looked to the seond bandit (now called Sword) and back to Alzihair.
"you've got swords, have fun" Aki said. Clearly she wanted to fight the man with the dagger.

Looking at he intended opponent Aki tossed the dagger into her left hand. Her off hand. Reaching behind he cloak she drew one of the knives hidden there and threw it at the mans face.

(Weapons: Throwing Weapons (Basic) +* )

While the knife was sailing in the air Aki drew the second blade out of her boot.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

An act without many thoughts

Post by Elvin Motricé »

If it was only luck or some sort of reflex gained in training Dagger dodged the dagger by tumbling and landing on his feet.

Suddenly Akiras noticed that none of the men wore a bow, she ducked and that saved her life. She got the arrow in her left shoulder, parylizing her hand. It didn't take long before the blood began to seep from the wound. Alzihairknelt reached under the first wheel and Akiras heard a click. A few moments later he held a crossbow in his hands. Taking a bolt form the same hiding place he loaded it, in the meanwhile humming.

Dagger and Sword got closer and were almost on the other side of the cart, picking up their pace while they saw that one of the two was wounded. Alzihair looked over the cart, placed his crossbow, wihc caused the two man to fall on the ground and with a 'ploink' the bolt left, followed by a small scream a few moments later.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras cursed, how could he have shot her? she hadn't moved. It was because of the hidden bowman she hadn't moved. It was to late now. her arm was usless (which one, left or right?) Picking up the dropped dagger she put it back in her boot. It looked like she was going to have to fight with only one dagger.

Taunting them even with a useless arm she motioned them forward.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

She got the arrow in her left Your left it is shoulder, parylizing her hand.

Alzihair dropped the crossbow and drew his swords. Faintly grinning he approached Sword and placed taunted him by sticking out his tongue.

Dagger was going to help his mate but then he saw Akiras with the arrow sticking out of her shoulder and he grinned apperently thinkg that she would be easy prey.

In the meanwhile the two swordsmen began their dance of death, move and countermove followed and Alzihair was clearly enjoying himself...
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras stepped forward enough to move without the wagon at her back. Once at a comfortable space she waited for dagger to approach. When he got close enough that he'd try to swing at her Akias would duck. and kick him in the leg. Like all her pervious training sessions. The dagger was only a diverstion
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC:

Rewards given for the training thread by AGM Cyren

Disguise

Dancing

Inner calm

Use of small blades

Two weapon fighting

Single combat: Resisting multiple opponents

Conversation

((Since you can not edit your sheet anymore I'm going to talk to Lugh about how we're going to deal with this, this is just information for you so that you know how your abilities have developed))

BIC:

The man hed no idea what hit himand he fell down on one knee. That he avoided her dagger previously was apperently just luck. Kneeling in front of her, with a painfull look on his face he did a futile attempt to hit her with his dagger.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

OOC: thanks for the heads up

IC: Aki kicked him agian in the chest. had enough it should knock the wind out of him. Using her dagger to block the attack Akiras tried to get him into a prone position (lieing on his back...)
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

In the heat of combat akiras had forgotten the pain of the arrow that still stuck in her shoulder and when she tried to 'step' on top of Dagger who was gasping for air, she fell over from bloodloss and the feathered tip of the arrow tocuhed the ground, causing pain that blocked her sight for a moment, enough time for Dagger to regain his breath and pushing her off him.

Akiras noticed that his dagger lay a bit further in the sand and that he was so mad that he approached her without a weapon while she, even in her pain, was still grasping hers...
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras felt feint. She could not go on much longer. Her feet couldn't seem to find their footing.

Seeing dagger without his dagge she simply tried to keep him away with quick slices. Taking a quick glance she tried to see where sword was.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Sword adn Alzihair still played there little game. Alzihair slowly circled around the man, who was covered with small cuts, that bleeded.

Dagger tried to hit her but apperently he wasn't quite as experienced as her with a dagger. He didn't see an option to get near her and instead of trying to attack her, he approached Alzihair from behind to stab him in the back...
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras didn't think she'd have the energy to attack the man in melee combat. His back was turned, she had one chance. The arrow must have hit somthing important.

Flipping the dagger up so she was holind it by the tip of the blade Aki threw it aiming for the mans lower back. It wouldn't kill him rightout. but it gave her the best chance not to miss and hit Alzihair by accident.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The dagger hit the man but not in his back like Akiras meant to but in his leg. The scream of pain from Dagger triggered something in Alzihair.

He his left blade flashed incredibly fast to Sword and slashed him open from cross to shoulders, whirling around he ran to Dagger and severed his head from his shoulders with his right blade while Sword was still dying.

He whiped of his blades on the clothes of Dagger put them back in the sheets and walked to Akiras, kneeling besides her and examining her wound: "Hmm, I think you're lucky. It cut a few bloodvessels but no arteries."
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

"Then why can't i move my arm?" Akiras asked before fainting from lack of sleep, blood loss and other factors. Like being in two life threatening sitatuions in less then 24 hours.

She was dimly away of falling. but it felt like it was happening in slow motion. She wasn't aware when either Alzihair catching her or of hitting the ground.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Pain...
Akiras slowly opened her eyes and pain surged through her shoulder. Alzihair sat next to her: "You have been out for quite some time, Rose. The wound was more severe then I thought. You'll not be able to use that arm until it is healed. We need to get you to a healer to see if any permanent damage has been done but I'm afraid the only capable healers I know of are in the Elven kingdom."

When she tried to look around her vision got blurry and Alzihair's words sounded from far away and then:
Darkness

She lost consciousness once again and time passed by. When she woke up again, the wagon was moving and the sun just got up...
Yappet

Post by Yappet »

Aki was aware of the wagon ride. Every single bump and dip was a lighting bolt in her arm. She didn't want to move. the Wagon ride felt like it would kill her. Instead she laid perfectly still. Watching clouds be born in the sky.

In one of her more aware times she risked the movement enough to point at a cloud "Its a rabbit" she said. "See there are its ears, and its feet and its..." She winced in pain "its tail..."
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Alzihair stopped the wagon, got in the back and knelt next to Akiras, removing the bandages from her shoulder. She noticed that she was not wearing her tunic, a blanket was the only thing that covered her but Alzihair had pulled it back to remove her bandages.
"Hold still," Alzihair said while he took a few powders from a leather pouch and sprinkled them on the wound. Pain shot through Akiras arm where the powder touched the wound.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras covered herself with her good arm. "What are those?" she asked trying to see what he was putting on her arm "And how far are-" As the pain shot through her body stopping her from finishing the question. Even though it was cold out the pain had caused a little sheen of sweat on her forehead.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

"This will help to slow down any infection that might be cause. I'm not that good in healing but I've had some training in it. You can't expect ot fight and not get injured once and a while."
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras graoned the lightning powder felt like fire in her shoulder. Akiras understood about getting hurt. But nothing was ever like this. Not even when she had broke her arm when she was little. It was all the orcs fault if they hadn't come she would still be living with her family, safe.
"What is it?" Akiras asked comming out of her reflection. "The ingredients?"
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Alzihair grinned: "I don't know. I am not a herbalist, only a healer. I use my limited knowledge to hel pyou as good as I can. These herbs are standard equipment..."
He wanted to say anything more but he suddenly stopped, realizing he said too much...

Return to “On the Road Archive”