Synch Event: Samheen 22nd, the Passing of an Age

Moderator: Mods

Grant
Retired Game Designer

Synch Event: Samheen 22nd, the Passing of an Age

Post by Grant »

Sunrise of Samheen 22nd found the Citadel layered in a thick, hazy fog. The night had been wet, cool, and rife with the electrical charge that spoke of change, a feeling in the wind that one age had passed and another had begun. The animals of the city were restless and fitful, while the citizens huddled together in isolated bars, hiding from the blurry, low, crescent moon and speaking to each other in low, hushed whispers.

Like most nights, Lord Marius de Winter, Major Domos and Lord Chamberlain of the Citadel, did not sleep. Instead, he sat in his office...he did not use his bed, not since the broken promise of sharing it with her...and he stared at the window, still dreaming of his younger days when he traveled the world in search of profit. The Guild had been strong then, and he had been a large part of that, visiting ports all over the world and negotiating with foreign merchants, harbormasters, governors, and natives. But all that was over now. Responsibility and obligation had caught up with the man, and now he was here, the infamous Lord of the Chamber, one of the strongest influences in the Citadel.

Marius knew what had happened long before the sprinting attendant reached his chambers. Naturally, the attendant did not shout...Marius would have had him whipped if he had been so indelicate...but the patterns in his mind were clear, a turn of fate the Major Domos had expected for several days now. Gods help us all. Now it's truly begun. Rising, he turned to the door just as the attendant burst in, forgetting himself and the demanding protocol that would have had him knock before he did so. The poor man hadn't the chance to draw breath before Marius spoke, issuing his orders quickly and succinctly...for he had rehearsed them the night before, and even the night before that.

"Strike Ceasar Anochrim's colors from the spire and order all the Palace staff in black at once. Send for Commander Ulder...My compliments, and I should like to see him at his earliest convenience. Send a runner to him..." that would instill some urgency in the Commander despite Marius' pleasant words "...and send word to the Kislovan Embassy. Ceasar Anochrim will be prepared for his final journey this Tradetide, so we've not a moment to lose. Also, send word to the Lord Chancellor, again, My compliments, and I should like to see him at his earliest convenience. And have the guard strike the alarm bells throughout Morningtide. We must let the city know that their Ceasar is dead."

Return to “OOC Archives”