Jardin Clos - Jygust 30th TT Firstmark (Lunch)

Moderator: Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Jardin Clos - Jygust 30th TT Firstmark (Lunch)

Post by Ashari »

OOC: This thread is meant for meeting with Fialessa, but anyone interested is welcome to join.

Citadel Wiki wrote:The Jardin Clos was in an old barn, yet there was nothing in the least bumptious about it. The spacious, high-ceiling interior was lined with dense ivy, covering the ceiling as well, which both provided for a lush and exotic decor as well as muffling the sound of voices that would otherwise carry in the huge space. This, combined with the fact that the only lighting was from single pillar candles at each table (the waiters moved to and fro with candles on their tray to light their ways) provided an atmosphere that was at once desperately romantic and intensely private. This made it quite the place for the powerful and wealthy to visit -- that, and the fact that the food was exquisite -- and rather expensive. After all, it was perhaps the only establishment in the city that served food as its exclusive means of support, so it had to make a living somehow.

Ashari was very much looking forward to an elegant meal. Her stomach had been unruly this morning, causing for her to retch up what bile was resting in her belly overnight. Apparently her midsection resident wasn't overly fond of morning light or maybe not of leaving bed. The fatigue she felt in her whole body made the thought of crawling back into her sumptuous bed quite tempting. Ash knew she had a job to do, however, and it was one that involved not just herself but helping out a group she considered quite important to her future - the Panlings.

Wearing a simple off-white cotton dress, she downplayed her subtle baby-bulge with a brightly colored silk scarf wrapped around her shoulders in hues of pinks and cremes to accent the tailored dress. A matching scarf was folded to just a band and then wrapped around her hair and tied at the nape of her neck where it was hidden by a full bun of braided hair knotted into itself in the style of a traditional Dortnese Knot.

She wore no jewelry and kept the make-up to a minimum with only some dabs under her eyes to get rid of the dark circles and some magick with kohl and a shimmering powder to make her appear fresh and well-rested of which she did a fairly good job. The beautfiful brunette was brought by carriage to the rich establishment, and was seated at one of the best tables. The lunch crowd wasn't as overwhelming as it would be for dinner, which suited Ashari and also meant she was of a more important vein than she would be under different circumstances. She hoped the priestess would be impressed.

Ashari made sure to leave the name of her guest with the doorman and seater so that she would be quickly lead in upon arrival. In the meantime, whilst enjoying the ambiance of the exclusive restaurant she ordered some of their mead, something light but not too sweet. Sweets, it seemed, didn't agree with the baby too much.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

OOC: Jumping in with permission of Ashari.

IC: Motley had tried several times in vain to convince the owners of the exclusive Jardin Clos that they needed a regular performer to play for their meals. Although his recent stints in the city had made him something of a well known performer, the ownership of the establishment simply wouldn't budge.

Yet, he had been there on occasion, and had developed a taste for some of their exquisite food and elegant wines, and since he had a few extra coins in his pocket, he thought it would be fun to a patron for a mark or two.

When he waddled in, he immediately noticed the beautiful form of Mistress Ashari, and as he was being led to his table, he tapped her on the shoulder lightly and smiled a wide toothy grin as he gently waved.

"Good day to you madame. It is good to see you out and about and looking so lovely."
[b]Putting the "Imp" in impassible since 2004[/b]

[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=428][b]Motley's Compendium[/b][/url]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari, having arrived a bit early, swirled the contents of her glass while people-watching. It wasn't easy to do in the private restaraunt which prided itself on it's secretive ambiance, but it was interesting to see who was talking in a hushed tone to who at what table. Each couple, leaned over a pillar candle in their nook, were illuminated faces and necks, giving hints at their attire only by the amount of lace ringing the collar. Their forms were hidden, though occasionally, during a spirited conversation, a glowing hand or hands would move through the air, obscuring the face beyond it in fingered shadows.

Quite caught up in her inspection she hadn't noticed Motley until his little tap on her shoulder. She shifted in her seat. "Good day, Motley," she responded jubilently. "Thank you, you're looking resplendant yourself. Are you meeting someone for lunch?"
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

In his nearly twenty three yahren, Motley had been described in many different ways. Some had called him a gargoyle, some had called him a twisted little imp. Others had called him demon spawn, and also as a bastard abomination. But in all his life, through all the beatings and mistreatment he had endured, Ashari was the first and only to describe him as 'resplendent'. The kind words struck him dumbfounded for a moment and for a few flickers, he stood there, silently grinning like the proverbial village idiot.

The awkward silence of a question unanswered brought him out of temporary lunacy, and he shook his head as if the motion would help him clear his thoughts.

"Yes. Um, no. No, I'm sorry, I'm not meeting anyone. I'm afraid its the fine Roque Red they serve that brings me here. When I am homesick, the red makes me feel a little closer to that fine summer city of my birth."

He looked down, a little sheepish at revealing quite so much to her. Although on this day, they were not the fastest of friends, they had apparently grown close enough for him to ramble on and interrupt her lunch.

"Oh, fine. Listen to me, prattling on while you are trying to eat. Forgive me. I just wanted to say hello. Its rare I see a familiar face here, so I must have been overcome with a wave of familiarity."

He chuckled at his own folly.

"I hope you have a wonderful day, and if there is anything you need, I remain your humble servant."

Deep down inside, he was begging for this lovely woman to invite him to sit with her, but he didn't linger, and unless interrupted, he would wander off to his own table to commiserate with a red from last yahren, or even the yahren before.

[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=428][b]Motley's Compendium[/b][/url]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Motley's embarassment was almost a fun game for Ashari. She smiled down at the dimunitive and deformed human bard with not a shred of pity nor notice toward his physical form. His crooked teeth, caught up in an awkward, dreamy smile caused her to smile in turn - her own a radiant line of well maintained pearls. "I've never been to Roque," she replied to his ambling memory gently.

"No need to apologize," Ash said casually. Although she held the regal stance of nobility from her demeanor toward those around her it was obvious she wasn't raised in the aristocracy.

"As a humble servant I demand you sit and speak with me a moment and have a drink whilest I await my guest - I promise you will not have to stay in the company of a pair of gossiping ladies, but I wish to hear a story of Roque," she motioned toward the empty chair across from her.

Waiting only for Motley to sit, Ash continued. "But before that, I must say, your class was all-the-talk during the class after. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves very much, I do hope you'll continue." In a more subtle way, she also found it a double-learning experience for the students to learn from Motley, as he wasn't normal looking, and it built up a tolerance in young people who otherwise might not know how to be polite to someone of his particularities.
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Sweet gentle creature... I shall sings songs of you...

"Your command is my wish!" He cheerfully replied, twisting the words purposefully as he found his way to the chair and sat, legs dangling.

Rarely one prone to embarrassment, the ugly little man smiled warmly at her words of wanting a story of his home, and that his class on the pipes was well received.

"I'm very honored that you would have me, and that the others got something from it. Being self taught, it was a unique experience to demonstrate what I have experienced. All of my life music has been a natural thing for me, much like breathing or walking. Its as much a part of me as anything you see before you. If you will have me, I shall continue on until you no longer have use of me."

He looked down at his hands and tried to fold the napkin into the shape of a flower or something else clever that he could impress her with.

"As for a story of Roque, there are many intriguing ones. I know a few of scandalous affairs, children switched at birth, and family fortunes won and lost, and that's just within my own family!"

He laughed softly.

"There are also less torrid stories, but you strike me as someone who appreciates a good scandal!"

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Once the short man was comfortable Ash motioned over to a member of the waitstaff. The glowing candle upon serving tray gave the waiter a even more apparition-like appearance, so that by the time one reached his feet they were lost in obscurity and his movement was almost as if there was no need of feet to lead him from one table to the next. "A glass of your fine Roque Red for my friend, and I'll have another of these," she tapped her mug and almost dismissively turned away from the server as soon as she'd finished, so-as to give Motley her full attention as he commented to the fluid style of his learning. "Having that sort of knowledge, were there any of my students who you think might have the makings of a songbird?" She hoped atleast one of the four might have bardic talent that could be worked on in some private lessons to expedite the learning process.

Motley carried their conversation exuberantly from that topic to the next with his tall-tales and scandelous affairs, to which Ash couldn't help a small giggle. She was quick to press fingers to her full lips to surpress the laughter, but didn't look around her to check on the response of the other clientel of the restaraunt - she honestly didn't care much.

"Tell me one that reminds you of home," she said softly. Ashari was feeling very lonesome and homesick of late thanks to Andolin's lack of emotional integrity. She was bruised by his marriage to Aesa, one which she didn't support in the least, but she couldn't leave him, not even as he planned his next marriages, though each wife was a new wound for the damaged young woman.
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

He searched his mind for something to share with her, and as he thought of the gardens in the Arboretum, and the many books of the Libram, his thoughts strayed to Angelica, and of the cemetery where his mother was buried.

He found word nearly impossible to describe his adopted daughter. How could one use mere words to describe someone so damaged and scarred on the outside, yet so childlike and beautiful on the inside.

His memory of her, and his desire to see her again were both so strong that he somewhat unconsciously began to form a mental image of her, actually using the power of his mind to form that picture using the smoke from the candle in the middle of the table. With the magic of his mind, he tried to hold and sculpt the smoke into her face, the good side without all the burn scars.

As his vision started to manifest itself in the smoke, her eyes, her jawline, faint traces of her hair, he snapped back, suddenly aware that he was pushing his powers. He rapidly blinked a few times and exhaled slowly, composing himself. He used his napkin to wipe the beads of sweat from his bulging brow and laughed uncomfortably.

"Um... The Mer is beautiful where I used to live. Its like a shining, silver thing that lives and breathes. The birds are its voice, the wind is it's breath, and the gentle lapping of the waves upon the shore are it's song. I used to play my lute on its shores, letting the vast pool carry me along with its rhythm."

It wasn't what he wanted to say, but he wanted to distract her away from what he had been trying to do. With any luck, she had seen nothing, and would be none the wiser.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari took the last sip of her mead while Motley delved inward trying to find the right story to tell to the Guildmistress, she swallowed and licked her lips. All the while the quiet pause continued until Ashari could feel the tingle of the aether and someone using strands of power. As she was to warn Motley of the magickal intrusion a face pushed from the candle. If the diners and waiters looked like ghosts, then she wasn't sure how to describe the apparition that immerged from the waves of heat above the candle for it was as if a creature born from the underworld.

Her vision shifted from the smoke-visage to Motley's darker eye (which was the one she felt more comfortable in meeting) and then shifted to the crystal blue orb. Mage - and I didn't even think of it, she thought to herself as he busied himself with the napkin and his awkward fussing.

She allowed him his story, and when it was finished she set down the expensive goblet. Her fingers laced together, and she appeared every bit the understanding teacher with her softened expression. "Why does she remind you of home?" For it would be far too easy to get caught up in the cantrip - atleast right away.

OOC: Assumed success based on it being a fairly easy trick and wasn't done to gain anything except for opening in a conversation. Hope that's ok!
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

She had seen it.

At first there was a moment's uncertainty. It wasn't panic, his reasoning told him he was in the Empire now, where mages and the powers of the mind were much more frequent, and much more accepted. In the west, one needed to stand vigilant, as the Church would often drag those away if they caught such a display. But there were a few brief moments of fear and hesitation.

But after he paused, he realized very quickly that she didn't seem the least bit shocked or unnerved by his display. He found this lack of a reaction not only curious, but incredibly fascinating and revealing. She was not surprised, which meant she had been exposed to this sort of magic before. She knew someone who exhibited magical ability, and that of itself was promising. He was studying with Morgan and Becca and Elvin, but here was another chance to find yet another who might be able to help him along his path. He took a hurried drink from his water glass. He tossed the napkin casually aside, and rested his hands flat on the table.

"Her name is Angelica." He began, his voice low and ripe with the emotion of not only getting caught in his wayward display, but also with the heaviness of his heart.

"She was an orphan in Roque. She is a very special girl who talks to spirits and birds and probably all kinds of other things I don't yet know about. I met her last yahren when I returned home after being away. She and I met at my mother's grave. The orphanage is on the same grounds as the cemetery there."

He cocked his head and gazed deep into her eyes, unflinching and unapologetic now.

"We grew close as we are both very much alike. Me, looking as I do, and she, well was in a fire and burned quite badly on half of her body. We have both been shunned for the way we are, and thus we are kindred spirits in that way. It drew us together, knotting us in familiarity. We grew close enough that when city officials came to force her to be part of one Roque's strange rituals, I adopted her from the orphanage to spare her the fear she felt in having to undergo the ceremony. The fire that she was burned in, caused her to have to jump from a great height to escape the flames. The ceremony she was to be a part of takes place on the high cliffs overlooking part of the Mer. She was understandably not anxious to be a part of it. They choose an orphan to be a part of it every yahren, when they chose her, she resisted, and rather face soldiers and watch her try to endure such misery and fear, I chose to remove her from the list of possible candidates. She was very grateful, and the city officials were very displeased."

He took another drink, wetting his mouth and throat that had suddenly gone dry, not from speaking, but from his tale.

"There is a storm brewing there. A storm that people like me and Angelica are bound to get swept up in. I came here to learn how to fight it. To use whatever I've been given to fight those who are summoning it. I left her there, in my home, under the care of a trusted friend. I needed to get away. There are those there who control things. But in order to fight, I need a weapon that don't already possess a shield against. They have all the advantages there, so I need to bring something home they don't already have. I need to fight them with something they haven't seen before."

"I came here to sharpen the only knife I possess."

He fell silent, unsure of why he had launched into his story. Such detail had not been necessary to answer her question, but it was her understanding manner that had put him at ease, and it was eating him alive. He had not spoken of any of this since he had arrived in the citadel, and it came out of him like an avalanche.
Last edited by Motley on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The mage remained stoic and silent during Motley's description of his old home and the perils that caused him to leave it. He was a much more complex little man than she initially thought. "Why didn't you bring her here where she would be safe?" The brunette asked, blinking, but not saying anything else. Personally, Ash also wondered after this 'trusted friend' who was watching the damaged young girl.

She waved a hand dismissively in time to stunt his further comment before the waiter returned with their drinks. "Could you fetch us something to nibble while I wait for my other guest?" It was a reminder to Motley, as well, that their conversation was not meant to be long. The server suggested pate and crackers and the young woman shook her head almost queasily and he ammended with another offer. "Yes, biscuit and sweet butter should serve nicely," then she shifted her attention back to her mead, regarding Motley only after she'd had a fresh sip. It was as if there had been no distraction.

"It seems to me that you're a very passionate man, Motley, but that can be a very dangerous thing with such a tool in your possession." Her dark eyebrows came together. "I just question what your motive is - is there some sort of wrong you wish to right - and to what purpose?"
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

Motley had spent enough time performing before lords and ladies alike to get the subtle clue from Ashari that her patience with him was nearing its end. The hint was not lost on him, and he continued on after the interruption a little more crestfallen, and with an attempt to be a lot more brief. In the back of his mind, he chided himself.

A familiar face does not equate to one who wishes to spend every flicker with you... She was kind enough to ask you to sit. And now, she is giving you signs that is time to move along. Do not overstay your welcome with the few people you know here Caswyk. It is bad form. Very bad form indeed.

"She has ties to the city that bind her there. Strands that if broken, would unravel her young life. It that very thing that I wish to unmake dear Lady. To free her from such ties, so that she might live a life more ordinary, more free. The powers there have tied her in good and tight, and to un-knot them will require more power and ability than I currently posses."

He gave her a level, almost defiant look.

"I have found that in my experience, the only way to defeat hatred is with love. The only way to eradicate indifference, is with caring. The only way to destroy apathy, is with passion. When one looks as I do my dear lady, you learn to be persistent and determined."

His hard, insolent expression softened with a crooked, toothy grin.

"Listen to me, prattling on and blotting out your sunshine with my clouds of gloom. Forgive me my dear lady. I did not wish to impose so much of me upon your delicate ladyship."

"Unless there is anything else you require of me, I will make my exodus and allow you continue on with your lunch in peace."

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Motley was, without doubt, one of the more interesting people Ash had met in her life in the Citadel - which was saying something when considering her past company. Personalities like Hadvin came to mind, and others. What she'd not expected from the bard was a life story revolving around magick use and the interest in learning more. She thought on that while sipping at her drink as he spoke more, answered her questions and apologized for his rather forward way. Ashari, for all her status now had not been such until recently. Thus, it was always a surprise when one really treated her like a member of a higher class. She rather liked it, but Motley did get one boisterous bit of laughter out of her.

"Hah!" She shook her head. "Motley, I don't believe I've been called delicate since I was a very small child, and even then, only by my father - and such things are the repetoire of fathers and almost required. My thanks for the compliment," she said, still smiling. "Tomorrow evening, if you have no other engagement, I insist you join me for an early supper at my manse. Mid tradetide or so? Some conversations are best meant for more.. private.. quarters." So she gave him the opening he asked for, and they would have more time then to go into details about his magicking and from where he derived his power. Ashari was beginning to learn new things about magick. She and Ashtallion had spent more time together, more time talking, and she was starting to make connections she never had before. For her, meeting another mage was an opening she couldn't refuse even if she questioned his motives for increasing his skill.
Motley
Fool

Post by Motley »

He enjoyed her laugh. It was something that he was normally good with, and although it took a little work to get one from her, it made the work all the more sweet when he heard it.

"You can count on my appearance at your door tomorrow." Motley replied with a flourish and a bow.

He retreated into his corner table and drank his Roque Red, relishing the fine wine, his memories of home, and a new appointment with someone that might someday be called a friend.

OOC: Thanks Ash!

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ash waited until a server shifted by to wave them down and ensure that Motley's tab was picked up and added onto her own and that a bottle of Roque Red be sent to his table. Afterwhich she returned to her own drink and awaited her true guest of the afternoon, Fialessa.

OOC: No problem, Motley! See you tomorrow. Hehe
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

Jardin Clos ... It rolled off the tongue in a pretty way... there was something else about it which she couldn't precisely place her finger upon at the moment. But the reputation of the place was good and she'd heard wonderful comments of the food...

Food was further from her mind though these days and she didn't remember when it was she'd last had an actual appetite. Things were not going well at the temple for her. She'd been slightly more concerned with her dress, though it was not usual for her to be such. Simplicity being the order of the day, as she was not a moneyed individual and didn't wish to make attempts at pretense. Softly pale violet shift dress with golden threading complimented the red-head's complexion. Her lengthy locks were largely pulled away from her face and curled down in a tail down her back.

She placed upon her face a mask of indifference and stepped into the eatery and at once peered in the darkened atmosphere for Ashari...
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

As instructed the doorman took Fialessa's name and treated her with the respect that the expense of the place demanded. The High Priestess was lead to a table in the center of the dark room where a young woman sat. Dark skinned, dark haired, and of Western appearance, Ashari Gywien smiled up and motioned the chair opposite herself. The seater made sure to pull out her chair for her, and then requested what sort of drink she'd like before disapearing as if he'd never been there at all.

"Greetings Priestess Fialessa Valenstri, it's a pleasure to finally make your aquaintance. Thank you for meeting me, I'm so glad you had the time," she took a sip of her drink and waited long enough for a brief exchange of pleasantries before continuing.

"I believe you and I have some visions that are in the same path - things concerning Pan's Isle and the people of your faith with whom I've become increasingly mixed. You are a very... charismatic people," she smirked, but didn't delve further on what she implied. "A number of my students are Panlings... perhaps that is why I first heard about you." That, or the Red Banner, she thought midly amusing herself in the process. "But it has come to my attention you are a dancer, and I have need of a dance instructor."
Last edited by Ashari on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

After being seated, Fialessa returned Ash's greeting, “Guildmistress Ashari Gywien... a true pleasure. I admit I found your offer much too intriguing to let pass without a meeting.” It had been a rather out of the blue offer, and she really was intrigued. But Fia was perhaps a little more cautious than she would have been a scant yarhen ago...

The young adhiel's face was a study in thought and interest as Ashari spoke. Fia surveyed the plains of the guildmistress's face and her expressions, she quirked her lips into a tiny smile as she noted that some of her student's were Panling. “Ah, well if they are showing up in a decent number amongst your students, I must admit I am pleased at the resurgence in the faith of Pan...” She nodded slightly.

“It is true, I do dance. Though I do not claim to be a master by any means. I can teach form and movement. I am versed in some of the dances of the Citadel, and of course those of my home on Pan's Isle.” Fia steadfastly refused to call it Aveas. “My mother, a native of Kislovan, has also imparted some knowledge of dance from there as well... Would those be areas that appealed?” She didn't want to do too much talking yet but rather assure Ashari that she wouldn't be wasting an afternoon discussing this.

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Perhaps through teaching you could become a master," she suggested with a smile, and almost on cue with the pause a waiter approached with a candle on a tray, illuminating his path and a platter of finger foods that Ashari had ordered for the pair to nibble while waiting.

The arrangement was asthetically pleasing with an array of biscuits, breads and crackers as well as a sweet butter cream spread, a soft cheese imported from Pax and a King's Court blue berry jam aside a plate of strawberries. Ashari, feeling the hunger of her new resident, picked up a biscuit and smeared some of the butter on it, taking a bite and relishing the flavor. Mmmm... there, now..

She returned to Fialessa. "I'm looking for something more than the ballroom dancing," she said. "It's with that in mind that I have the most interest in you... Teaching the dances of Pan's Isle," she made sure to use it's original name, "Is of the utmost importance. The other dances will come as well, but I want them to learn something about their bodies." Here, Ash took a pause and looked into Fialessa's alert eyes. "Do tell me your favourite thing about dance."
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

A thoughtful nod was given to Ash just as the waiter lay down the tray. She watched her dining companion's movements for a moment before she selected a piece of the bread and indulging her sweet tooth spooned a little of the jam upon it.

Hearing out the young guildmistress, for Fia deduced she was young, she could also detect that Ashari was shrewd – very shrewd. That comes from experience. She again found herself nodding, dance did teach a certain awareness of one's body. And then she was asked her favourite part of dance, “Awareness... self awareness and too being aware of all the eyes upon the dance. Being able to mesmerize with movement, leading eyes to whichever part of my body I wish, and feeling the exhilaration of the moment ... Each dance is unique and will never be performed the same way again.”

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The brunette couldn't help her lips quirking into a smile as Fia described her favorite part about dance. It was a satisfied sort of smile, one that said volumes more than her appreciation of the priestess' answer could have. So, with the grin still intact she gave the girl a nod. "Very well. What sort of music accomniment would you require for an introductory class? It would be for a small group of students - perhaps myself included," she said. Ashari had seen Motley play before she'd invited him to teach, but she'd not yet had the chance to watch Fia show off her skills. It would be nice to sit in on a class anyway, maybe she'd learn something to impress Andolin with.

"It is my standard offer to give money - but I know you do not require money - your faith is well funded. What does the temple need in return for your services?" Pan, of course, was having a very bad public relations at the moment, but she wasn't entirely sure the priestess would bring that up.
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Following cursory nod, “Pipes... maybe lute, drums would be good for beat. Really whatever is available, it might do well to vary the musical accompaniment as it different to dance to drum than flute. Or rather – the rhythm is different.” She didn't seem affected that Ashari herself was interested in the class.

Ashari was not aware of the deals Vanir had to make to render the temple usable once more, and Fialessa was not about to clue her in. She did however think of one thing... “I do not know if you're yet aware, but the temple will soon be opening a bathing sanctuary. Mostly a place for relaxation and massage... things like that. It is in a way a pet project of mine. I should like to see it get off on the right footing so to speak...”

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Fantastic, I'll work something out for you to make sure there's a musician available," Ashari said.

"The right footing so far as patronage or..?" she asked with alert eyes while nimble fingers picked at her biscuit before adding some more of the sweet pastry to her hungry mouth.

OOC: Sorry, but there's only so much to say about that.
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

“Mm hmm, yes patronage might be a good place to start.” Fialessa replied after a bite of the jam covered bread. To be honest, I'd never imagined I'd be in this sort of position in all my life... beginning a business enterprise that is. But I do hope for its success – a place of relaxation and pampering in the middle of such a cosmopolitan city. The intention is of course is for it to serve as a temporary retreat from one's daily stresses...”

“Do you feel this might be something that you would feel comfortable assisting us in?” Fia asked thoughtfully, for she wasn't inclined to hold Ashari to it if it fell out of line with her own principles, not really knowing the lady she currently dined with well at all. Though the Guildmistress did seem inclined to help the temple.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"It sounds like a perfectly lovely thing. I can bring it's name out if you're willing to give my students a course of free dance lessons, at your convenience, but atleast thrice per week for half a yahren, and a pairing of a spa course from your resident masseus with the same guidlines. In exchange, I will arrange a women's retreat and invite some affluent ladies from court, at my own cost for an afternoon of pampering on it's opening day." Her thoughts went immediately to Rosalie, but there were a few other alliances she could make with such a move - which also cemented an importance for the spa, making it's beginning a strong one.

"I should like to visit your facilities before we make any final arrangements, but that's my offer," she said making focussed eye contact with the priestess.

Fialessa's response was halted by the arrival of the waiter, "Good afternoon, ladies," he began with a clear tonality to his voice. "The specials this tradetide are Wild Goose with Mushrooms & Sour Cream sauce served aside a bed of spiced rice; a Fried Trout with almond and Eastern Empire salad; or Rabbit Potpie and steamed fescue."

"I'll have the goose," Ash said with a nod, "and another mead, please." She tapped the almost empty glass with a wink.

The brunette allowed for Fialessa to order and the waiter to leave before turning her attention back to the matter at hand, with a smile upon her lips. "So, do we have an agreement?"

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”