Portal of Pecunia (30th Jyg late TT, Gerrard)

Moderator: Mods

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Portal of Pecunia (30th Jyg late TT, Gerrard)

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

As you emerged from the portal, you found yourself in a sparsely furnished room, the warm Citadelian summer in full swing, the air around you pleasantly warm. The room was well lit, and apart from the actual portal, contained a simple desk behind which sat a robed man, a big leather-bound book before him. The only exit was a stone arch, flanked on each side by a tall guard in finely crafted suit of armor, a halberd in hand, neither of them moving an inch. The robed man rised to greet you.

The man coughed, trying to draw attention to himself, and a flicker later spoke in a slightly raised voice, just in case you had missed his cough. "Welcome to the Temple of Pecunia. And welcome to Citadel. Take a bit of time to regain your composure, and then I will just take down your names for the records and gladly help you find whatever it is you wish to find." He smiled politely and retook his seat, pretending to write something down, giving you some privacy.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Gerrard said "Too much portal travelling in short periods of time makes you get used to it. I wonder if you can't make it less bothersome to travel by portal?" Straightening his shirt and wiping his shoes on his trousers, he smiled. "Ah yes, for your records... once again: Gerrard Mackaree, aspiring merchant. I'm here for a business meeting with master Motricé tomorrow. Need to arrange some things prior to it though. Expect more people to use this portal today and tomorrow. Anything else you would like to know?"
Last edited by Gerrard MacKaree on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

The man wrote down the information without saying much else. Even though he was polite, it wasn't hard to tell that it was just because that was his job. In truth the man was quite cranky. "Gerrard MacKaree...aspiring merchant. Now if you could tell me from where, than that will be all. Is there anything I can do for you, sir? Need any guidance around the city?"
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

Gerrard smiled. "Ah yes of course. Good ol' Roque, chap. And no need for directions, I've lived in this city for almost four years now and I've visited about a week ago. Guess you didn't raze the city yet? 'Cause if you did, I'd definately need the help in navigating around the rubble." he said and a hearty laugh escaped his mouth.

He didn't know why he reacted like that, but he was nervous. For what though? Meetings that might go awry? Couldn't be it... He'd just go about do his thing and hope it would all go well.

"Anything else you want to know? Or can I pass onto the streets off to get a cup of coffee in the Pleasures after visiting a few old friends?"
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

The man stared at Gerrard with a blank look on his face. Since he was doing one of the most boring jobs in the world, he wasn't in the mood for any jokes today. "You can pass now, Mr. MacKaree. Have a good day."

As the portal opened up again and another traveler came through it, the man turned his attention to the new arrival, gesturing Gerrard to move along.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”