Nothing and Everything (Jgy 30th E ET) sidethread

Moderator: Mods

Paige
Civus

Nothing and Everything (Jgy 30th E ET) sidethread

Post by Paige »

Paige stood near the gated alleyway on the western side of Simple Pleasures, waiting for Langredoc to come out and join her. For entertainment purposes, the dark-haired adhiel replayed her attempts at playing the part of a diplomat in class, earlier that day in her mind. The very thought of it brought out the smallest giggle. It was pathetic and she knew it, but Paige needed something to take her mind off of current events.

Biting her lip nervously, Paige cast a glance in each direction to make sure that danger wasn't lurking nearby. Ever since she heard of all the violence going on in the city, Paige grew more and more cautious whenever she ventured out, and with her new job she was out and about a lot. Leaning up against a nearby wall, she let out a sad sigh as her blue-eyes took an interest in the people who passed by. Langredoc would be out any burn now so Paige straightened her posture and smoothed out the creases in her blue dress. After all, a lady had to look good for her man.
Last edited by Paige on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The man left Simple Pleasures with large strides leaving for the total opposite of the alley with the wolf trailing him. His hand resting casually on the hilt of a blade made sure that nobody approached him. Nobody would care about a tug anyway... Still some who disliked Michael Crane enough would try to stop him, or worse.. so he was careful, very careful.

Langredoc had already concluded that the meeting in the alley should be brief.. to many eyes watching in the area.. to many eyes filled with hate. He feared for the safety of the woman much more then his own. Long strides made short way while he turned corner after corner until he entered the alley from the opposite direction..

For a flicker he watched the woman waiting on the other end, he could not stop from smiling and feeling happy while a rush of emotion filled him.

So together with the wolf he sneakily approached the woman and whispered "Hello dear..." in her ear..
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Even though the voice that whispered to Paige was familiar, she jumped slightly, for she didn't know that Langredoc would be approaching from the other end. After a flicker, Paige regained control and turned to face him with a sly smile. She had to admit, she enjoyed how close he was now, and it made her feel safe.

“You startled me,” Paige grinned, wrapping her arms around his waist as she laid her head against his chest with a sigh.

After a few flickers, the adhiel released the man and looked into his eyes with a worried stare,
“So a few weeks.....we cannot see one another?” Her mind couldn't grasp the concept as the words fell from her lips. Seeing Langredoc was the only thing that kept her going, and now he would be ripped away from her for a few weeks? Sure, maybe for some people that wasn't so bad, but Paige knew that time would drag on into eternity. Fighting back the tears the started to form in her eyes, she placed a small hand upon his cheek, “How will I know that I will see your face again?”
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc smiled warmly while for a moment he lost himself in Paiges eyes. The warmth of her body and the smell of her perfume were almost intoxicating.. it made him happy.

He quickly wrapped the dark cloak he had around the woman to make sure that nobody would be able to see her face while they talked, for now it would be the tug and his .... whatever was hiding in his cloak I suppose..

While she expressed her worries and her wish to see him Langredoc stroked through her hair. There was no bone is his body that would allow him to ignore the beautyfull adhiel for weeks, so there had to be a different solution.

His lips moved close to her ear and before kissing it he whispered "When someone taps on your sleeping rooms window.. two times fast, two times slow and two times fast... you better open up..."

His lips brushed the skin of her ear and made way to her cheek and lips.. it felt like he needed her love more then life itself..
Last edited by Langredoc on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

It was like time itself had stopped when Langredoc's warm lips met with hers. Taking in every moment of it, Paige lost her train of thought and the tears faded away. She wished that every kiss they shared would last forever. Right now, Paige would live for the moment, and with every moment in Langredoc's presence, she felt like she would live forever. A strange thing love was. Something Paige promised herself she would never experience, for she feared the pain associated with it. Often times she wondered how Langredoc managed to sneak into her heart and capture it. A clever one, that man.

“I assume I will be 'entertaining' a 'guest' later on?” Paige grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck, “And what is the dress code for this 'little party'?”

"I mean," Paige continued as she kissed the warrior's neck, "I wouldn't want to be 'overdressed'."
Last edited by Paige on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc laughed softly, it did not matter that they where in a dark alley and that life was complicated. Nothing mattered when Paige was in his arms, the wolf, less impressed by human interaction watched the shadows.. who knew what was in his mind ?

The warrior pondered for a moment, thinking about what could come this night. Probably a lot of trouble.. maybe even death.. he quickly dispatched the thought. There was nothing he could do except worrying Paige and that would not be what he wanted.

"You are never overdressed... and if you where.. it could be fixed easily. " he dryly remarked. "Ill appear in the dead of the night, not in the evening my dearest.. I have to get more information about your sister."

He kissed her again.. and again.. and again.. It could be his last..

Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Nodding, Paige laugh softly, “I'm sure it could be easily fixed.”

She and Langredoc shared another kiss, before she broke away with a more serious expression upon her face. She wondered how out of hand things would get should they get caught, but being in her lover's arms was well worth the risk. Thinking things over of how they should play this secret rendezvous, Paige knew she needed some kind of a code to let him know it would be safe to come in or not. After a burn, she realized she had the perfect plan that wouldn't be obvious to others, but obvious to Langredoc.

“My curtains are white,” Paige replied with a wink, “If they are open, it is safe to come up, and vica-versa if they are closed.”

Clearly satisfied with this idea, Paige whispered a heart-felt 'I love you,' and pressed her lips against his, kissing him like there was no tomorrow. She dreaded saying goodbye to Langredoc, for she never knew if she would see him alive again. These were dark times, dark times indeed.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Moving back into the shadows the warrior watched Paige leave, taking his hope and love with her.

Besides that she also looked good, so in many ways he looked forward to the dark of the night.. He decided to return to the Simple Pleasures to finish his drinks and wait until he had to go.

It was the least bad option he had anyway...

So he watched Paige disappearing in the darkness while he left behind with his thoughts..

"Come on brother.." he grumbled to the wolf while they made way to the entrance of the Inn.

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”