A New Embassy (Gulanadur) (lMT Chyril 22) (Open)

Moderator: Mods

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"You forgot to offer to build sumptuous guest quarters for me in the Embassy." Vlast teased. "Otherwise, perfect. I think this duty may agree with you after all, Ssinith." Vlast rose from her seat. "I have taken rooms at the Black Bridge. Do come and visit Ambassador when your schedule permits." She invited.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"I will get to that as soon as possible. Once the meeting with the Caesar is out of the way, I'll need as much exercise as possible to do well in the tournament. Making your quarters will be an honor. I will visit with you before I go to see him for advice. Otherwise, I thank you for your words. I... was really doubting myself for a moment. If I may be as so bold to ask, Lady Vlast, why was I chosen for this position? I know next to nothing on politics compared to so many back home."

He knew he spoke well when it came to Molten, but politics? The son of a bookstore owner who aspired to be the greatest wizard who ever lived? Where in the Nether did this one come from?

"I am not questioning the decision of Her Radiant Majesty, nor Her wisdom. I am just wondering what made me a candidate for this position. The role of Ambassador is one for the politically savvy and socially adept. I... have a lot to work on in that instance."

He did not down himself. He didn't dare. It was the opinion of Her Majesty which gave him this position, and if she felt highly of him, then he would do anything in his power to please her. Still, he had to know what put him above the bar of other people. The Firebrand?
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Lady Vlast shook her head at his ignorance. "I have made a career of watching people carefully, Ssinith. Over twenty yahren of watching yet I am still surprised at what is so obvious to the outsider and so hidden to those involved." Lady Vlast approached Ssinith with a sly smile on her face. "But I shall tell you the secret if you really want to know."

Lady Vlast came right up to Ssinith and stretched up on her toes to whisper into his ear. This caused her lithe body to press against him gently and he could feel her warm breath on his neck before she spoke.

"She trusts you, Ssinith." Vlast whispered. "That makes you powerful." Vlast slid back down and walked past him briskly heading for the door. "Until next we meet, Ambassador." She bid him in farewell from the doorway.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith would have been blushing if his skin wasn't already obsidian. If it wasn't bluntly obvious that he had a crush on Her Majesty before, the sappy twinkle in his eyes after that whisper as well as the lowering of his ears was positively comical. He had nothing more to say to Lady Vlast, as he was now in la la land. He did give a nod as she departed, but he felt like skipping and telling the world.

No, he had that much restraint.

Poetry, maybe? No... someone could find that. His teenage heart was sent to heaven and he cycled his mind for things to do. He gathered his notes, putting the newest on top to allow for it to dry before putting the ink back on and putting away the quill.

"I... will meditate for a moment to get my energy back to aid with shaping. I have much to mull over."

With that he returned to his room with a joyful glow about him as he returned to his room with his notes. He had to let it out somehow, so he meditated and prayed to use his joy as energy to finish the Embassy. He lit a candle to try and get his focus back on work as he meditated on Molten and the blessings he had in life.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

OOC: This looks like a good place to stop to me. :)
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

((Any skills? This seemed like a crash course in Diplomacy and politics *L* ))

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Pretty much. :)

Thread skilled.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”