A Mid-Samheen Nights Dream (Sam 30 late ET)

Moderator: Mods

Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

A Mid-Samheen Nights Dream (Sam 30 late ET)

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

ooc: sorry bout the wait Miss Sarah ;)

[hr]Talanwei walked for a time that eveningtide with Sarah Kumiko. The cool air flowed over the exposed skin of his face and hands. He loved the liberation that leaving out into the night provided; however small this freedom was. Actually, in practice the young man preferred much more to be out in the open air rather than be kept indoors. The Achadhiel looked at his companion with a lightly guarded appreciation. For some reason he felt as if he knew this woman though he knew that she was not someone he had met before. Something about her demeanor, the way that she seemed, appealed to him almost immediately and here he was acting instinctively. The Achadhiel decided to ask the Sarah about her past in an effort to learn more about her.

"So Sarah, are you a Citadel native or do you hail from another of the islands? Or…perhaps even the Western Kingdom?" the last question was asked with a hint of excitement. Talanwei had truly never met anyone from that region and it seemed so foreign to the young man.[/hr]
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3

Post by Guest »

As she walked beside him, there certainly was something in the air that Sarah couldn't quite put her finger on. The adhiel woman could scarce believe she was walking with a pronounced hero, but it wasn't his status that drew her to him. No, Sarah had chosen to walk with him this evening for different reasons than being near fame. Such thoughts didn't appeal to her. The woman simply enjoyed Talanwei's company. She turned to him and smiled.

"I am not from the Western Kingdom," she began "Yet I have always wanted to travel there...alas, I was born in Dort. Tell me about yourself, Talanwei." The last part was asked with a genuine interest. As they continued their walk, Sarah drew closer to him.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

With a contented and interested air, Talanwei listened to the woman beside him. He also listened to the breeze and the sounds of the city that was his home. The Citadel seemed to settle into sleep and in that flicker it seemed that nothing was amiss in all of the Empire. No matter how true or untrue this feeling was, the young man was happy with how things had gone this eveningtide and everything seemed to be perfect. The would-be paladin nodded slowly at her words not in the slightest disappointed at her place of origin. When Sarah said she was from Dort his eyes lit up with his smile.

"Why say alas? That is where the good Duke Erwin hails from as well! I would love to see it someday; I hear the Highlands can be a beautiful sight!" said Talanwei looking at her with a smile. When she asked him about himself, he felt an instant pang of guilt once more because Tiffany had asked much the same thing. Outwardly it looked as if he was finding the words to explain.

"Well, I am a native to the Citadel and son to Azriel and Sakari Fortisse. I have a younger brother, by a few minutes mind you, and a younger sister three yahren my junior. As for myself, I have recently made the journey from the Outer Ring to the Temple of Illuminatus to pledge my services to my God. Since that day on Samheen the 27th I have gone chasing a succubus, sung in the Burpin’ Dragon with a good friend, been gnawed on by a demon hound, and stood with some of the finest of Citadel’s heroes. Truthfully, this eveningtide has been a welcome rest from the whirlwind I have found myself caught in!" chuckled Talanwei shaking his head. The Achadhiel turned his dark emerald eyes toward Sarah’s and offered her his elbow to loop her arm through if she so chose.

"What about you Sarah? What is it that brings you to the fine capital of the Empire? Well, aside from our overly grandiose celebrations of course," said Talanwei smiling as he turned his gaze out to the street ahead of them to allow Sarah time to speak. The tall Achadhiel was comfortable with this woman despite how striking she was and this surprised him. Yet, Talanwei would take special care not to assume too much and try not to step across the boundary of good etiquette.
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

When Talanwei spoke again, Sarah realized that he was not disappointed in where she was from. On the contrary, he seemed to be quite interested. She did indeed take his arm when he offered, and walked as close as she dared without tripping him up!

"The Highlands are indeed a captivating place. I cannot argue that the Duke hails from Dort...giving the place it's own unique splendor. But..." She took pause for a minute, trying to find words. "I came to the Citadel, looking to get rid of some of the trouble inside, however small. To heal those in need."

Sarah supposed that now would be the time to tell him all about how she came to be here, as he had explained about himself a moment ago. The adhiel once again had to find the right words. After all, she certainly couldn't tell him she had been running from guards since the Harbour Entrance. Talanwei was a paladin, and it just wouldn't be right to indulge him in such information.

"Well, as for myself...I had a bit of..trouble getting in. Once inside, though, I discovered a spectacular mansion with the door wide open. I thought there might be trouble. Turns out there was a lady named Kitya...who...killed most inside. After that I decided I wanted to come and meet some of the heroes I'd heard about. So here I am!"

She gave him a wide smile. Sarah felt warmed beside this man. It didn't even matter that the Citadel was cool this night. It all seemed beautiful to her.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Had Talanwei known her thoughts, he may have had a good laugh with her. He was after all a servant of Illuminatus after all and had no desire to turn in a young woman to the Guards. The Achadhiel did listen with great interest to her words especially those of the woman Kitya. Sarah seemed relatively unruffled by the fact this woman had killed the people in the mansion. Talanwei’s eyes widened when he heard this and instinctively held her arm a little tighter. The fact that Sarah had met a killer within a day from her arriving at the Citadel made him think. Had the Citadel seemed so violent as of late? Were demons and murderers running rampant with no explanation as to why?

"A woman, killed…everyone?" Talanwei half whispered before attempting an easygoing smile.

"It certainly seems as if you have had your share of adventure since coming to Citadel…in fact, there has been much 'adventure' to be had as of late," said the Achadhiel looking thoughtfully into the night. It would be good once these things were no longer a worry to populace of the Citadel. Talanwei’s mind wandered toward destination in that flicker.

"Ah, Sarah do you have room and board? Have you joined a Guild or perhaps your lodgings are at the Burpin’ Dragon?" asked Talanwei smiling at Sarah warmly.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Archived due to lack of activity.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”