Demon Hunt: Into the Vault - Samheen 28th GT

Moderator: Mods

Tristam

Demon Hunt: Into the Vault - Samheen 28th GT

Post by Tristam »

True to their word, Professor Peckerton and the other councilors of the University agreed to throw open their Vault and equip any with the courage to fight the demon with an item of power.

Unless asked for something specific, the vaultkeepers keep the choices simple. Would you like a weapon capable of harming the demon, a shield for the body, or a shield for the spirit?
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

The preparation had been completed. He had exercised his magical skills, he had exercised his mind in research of the demon and he had exercised his body through rigorous sword exercises - finally he had meditated to channel as much energy into his body as he could. Then, of course, he had gone to the inn to make sure his liver was working properly.

But now was the time for serious thoughts and actions. Corbin had a sword imbued with special powers - he could only hope that it would be sufficient to harm the demon if it got close. But he was a mage, and whilst he had a talent with his sword, his magic would be doing most of the fighting this time.

He strode into the vault and looked about. It was futile his searching for an item - in truth he did not know what it was that he wanted. Therefore the only recourse was to aproach one of the vaultkeepers.

"My good sir, you know where I am destined for this evening." Corbin began. "I have a weapon that may damage the beast, but what I seek is defensive, rather than offensive. I have faced the demon and know it has strong powers of malevolent suggestion. Indeed it almost possessed my body and soul. Is there something that might shield, or at least hinder its attempts to work its way into my mind?" Corbin asked.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

ooc: So that we won't be confused, I shall not mention any thing pertaining to Fauna's Gauntlet... yet. :wink: I'm not quite sure if Fauna knows your name, Corbin.

"What you are asking is inside of you, Master Dillon." A voice purred from outside the vault, so feminine and vibrant and after a few seconds of stunted silence, a woman came in, her blonde hair artfully falling behind her in an unkempt manner that teases and tantalizes and her robe was resplendent, depicting her as a Sorceress, hued in Dark Purple, swooshing silently as the woman alluringly moved forward with her blue eyes piercing.

"Your mind and your will are your greatest defense, Master Dillon," Fauna Winthrope, The Dark Enchantress, continued. "A strong mind and a strong will can counter and expell any dark energies. Sometimes too, Faith helps, and if you have those three, then you are unassailable."

"Good Master," Fauna then turned her flawless head to the vault-keeper. "I shall need Myra's Mirror." She uttered simply, not explaining where she got her information and waited serenely for the item to be placed upon her itching hands, confident that she will only need the staff.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Barrett
Priest of Aurelius - Querist

Post by Barrett »

Barrett stood quietly nearby. His mind, his faith, was his weapon and shield. And there was The Bough. Did it really make sense to carry anything else? No, his presence here was to ascertain the choices of others. Knowledge, as was appropriate. In this case, knowledge of what weapons and defenses his allies could bring to bear – either to help or hinder their mission. And, assuming they survived, it would be prudent to know just how many relics from the University vault were potentially in use in the city…

“Sound advice, Mistress Winthrope, but I daresay a wisely chosen trinket or two would not be inappropriate under the circumstances. Your own request, for instance,” the priest winked at Fauna, “seems quite interesting.”

Barrett knew nothing of her motivations and even less of the Mirror, but he preferred for the buxom enchantress to think otherwise. Keeping her on her toes might cause her to reveal something other than her pliant young flesh for a change.

His scholar's vest and cloak, while well-tailored, seemed rather drab next to the young woman's finery. The priest certainly agreed that ceremonial garb had its uses, but his black robes would only draw unwanted attention - the kind that could get him killed prematurely.
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

OOC: I think it would have been given in the trial thread when Corbin was a witness

"You speak the truth, Mistress Winthrope." He began. "Sadly, however, last time that was insufficient." He said with a slight smile. Admittedly, at the time that the demon had attacked his mind he was being strangled by a zombie with superhuman strength. Still, he had felt the assault, the battery of his mind by demonic forces and he had little inclination to experienced it again.

Corbin nodded to the tall man, Barrett, that stood nearby.

"Yes, I think a trinket of some sort would certainly stand me in good stead. Or at least in better stead." He observed.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

ooc: Oh yeah, I forgot.

"Master Priest Barret." Fauna turned those cerulean eyes to the priest when he spoke, finding him quite charming when he winked at her, she couldn't help but smile at him, gracing him with her approval of what she was seeing as a fine specimen for matrimonial vows. "A pleasure to meet you here." The dark enchantress curtsied regally, inching closer to the priest, her bosom suddenly rising and falling of its own accord.

"It is quite refreshing to see a priest here in the halls of the University." The Amunic girl continued, looking appreciatingly at Barret from the sole of his shoes to the tip of his hair like a side of beef. "Quite refreshing indeed, Master Barret." She purred his last name like a cat in heat.

"Hmn. But I suppose you are well prepared now, Master Dillon." Fauna replied. "Trinkets or not, the main defense shall be coming from inside you. Such trinkets shall only help you to a lesser degree. Have faith in yourself. If not... Perhaps... Anger and Wrath can give you more defense against the Nether, Master Dillon. Would you like some instructions?"

"Oh, Myra's Mirror is quite interesting, Master Priest. I assure you that." She replied indifferently, albeit, a malicious glimmer twinkled upon those blue eyes as she regarded the priest once more like a feline on the prowl.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Barrett

Post by Barrett »

“Master Dillon? Corbin Dillon?”

Barrett’s own eyes focused solely upon the man in question – Fauna’s very presence was completely forgotten for a flicker. He had judged Corbin to be some student of privilege by his speech and bearing, possibly another risky ally. But knowing his true identity changed things a bit. For how many men currently alive could claim to have knowingly carried the burden of a Rosestone? The bard Finodborn was the only other that the Querist could name, and that adhiel was far away, facing a foe perhaps more fearsome than the demon lord. The mark of the stone as well as their closeness in height and age created a bond between the men – at least in the Dortman’s view.

The priest approached the mage almost casually and gave him an appreciative clap on the shoulder.
“Dear fellow. I shall be happy to share the knowledge of a bit of Defensive Theory with you. It is the least payment I can offer for the effort you undertook on my – indeed all of our – behalf the other night. I am Barrett Threespan. Both Mistress Tabeann and Professor Moore have spoken quite well of you.”
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The vaultkeeper nodded to the requests given and sent his assistants into the back chambers to seek that which was requested.

Corbin was given an amulet of beaten brass which contained a milky white crystal, or perhaps a clear crystal filled with a cloudlike vapor. "This amulet was designed to reinforce your own personality and grant one perfect confidence in their own abilties. Some wag dubbed it the Amulet of Ego."

Fauna was given a thin but sturdy staff of a smooth ebony wood. Topping the staff was a perfect sphere of metal polished mirror bright. As the vaultkeeper moved with it, a slight ripple could be seen moving across the silver sphere as though it was a sphere of mercury affixed.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

Time for plunder.

Jolanda moved foward and looked about, cussing under her breath that she did not know any items that might have fancy names, for she was damned sure those would be the most expensive ones. Still, if knowldge was insuffient, next best was making it up. "The Star of Deliverance." she requested plainly.
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

"I am as well prepared as I can be." Corbin responded to Fauna. "As for anger and wrath, well, I assure you I have a good degree of well-refined anger towards the demon. But I think I shall be more reliant on Hope and Determination, I find it is more prevalent in my character than Anger and Wrath." Corbin said as gracefully as could be. "I thank you for your assistance, but I suspect that given such a short period to take it in, it may confuse matters."

Ever since her battle with the Professor in the offensive magic class he had had a slight wariness about Fauna. Probably completely unfounded, but Corbin was not too eager to take risks at the moment.

"Indeed, sir." Corbin said turning to the priest. "You have my name correct, though I should hope it is for good reasons, rather than infamous ones." He said with a slight smile. As the man continued it became apparent that it was for good reasons.

As he announced his name, it struck a chord with Corbin and he remembered that Mistress Tabeann had mentioned him - he was the owner of the Rosestone. So another who had felt its touch, perhaps?

"Master Threespan, Mistress Tabeann spoke of you too. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. But I assure you, I need no payment for my actions. Harming the beast was reward, though not sufficient reward - that will come when we finish its time on this plane. But the experience has made me a little wiser, and certainly a good deal older." He said with a wry smile - Barrett must know the aging property of the Rosestone. "That said, I would be very glad for any instruction you can give on Defensive Theory - I am quite sure I shall need all the knowledge I can get."

He paused for a moment as the vaultkeeper came out again with an amulet, declaring it the Amulet of Ego. Corbin took it.

"Well, the Amulet of Ego then. I shall apologise in advance for any increased arrogance that may come from wearing this." He slipped it around his neck and felt a brief warmth, than it was gone - replaced by a feeling of assured confidence in himself. It was not as bad as he had thought - he did not think himself more learned or practiced than those about him, no it was confidence in his own abilities. He knew their limits, but he also knew how great they were. It was a pleasant feeling.

"I think once we have dispatched the demon I shall be borrowing this for a night at the Dragon." He said with a crooked grin.
Dianissiya E'Dorian

Post by Dianissiya E'Dorian »

Dory slipped in to the vault after Jolanda, just in time to notice the remarkable staff. WOW, nothing like she had ever seem before! And what an interesting name for it. Fauna sure knew what she was asking.

Jolandas words also didn't go unnoticed, and Dory couldn't wait to see what the "The Star of Deliverance" was. Corbin also got an interesting amulet...Dory waved at him as soon as she was noticed, but decided not to distract him from his conversation. At least till she got something from the vault herself.

" Something for an unexperienced mage in the support group." said Dory smiling pleasantly at the vaultkeeper lifting a few misbehaved curls from her face. " Something to keep me out of very big trouble. I fully rely on your opinion Sir."

It was true, she had no idea of what to ask for, and found it better to rely on the experience of others.
Last edited by Dianissiya E'Dorian on Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

Talanwei entered the vault a few burns after Dianissiya. All seemed to have an idea of what would suit them best but the young Achadiel was not one of them. It seemed Dory was not either and this made him smile. He watched the others receive various gifts and he was among the waiting group. Talanwei sidled up to Dory smiling at her as she noticed him. As he was asked what it was he requested, Talanwei thought for a moment. A weapon to hurt the demon, something to shield his body, or something to shield his mind. He wondered if that meant that normal weapons could not injure the beast, or beasts as it were. The Achadiel slowly drew his sword and put it hilt flat on his open palm and the flat of the blade on his other hand showing it forth to the vault keeper. The unused polished steel glittered in the low light. It was not the work of a master craftsman, but the young man had taken great pains to keep the blade in good repair and it was as sharp as he could make it.

"Is this a sufficient enough weapon to harm the demon? If this is not, I would say I would wield something that would bring injury to the beast, a good blade preferably. Should these blades be enough I would have something to shield my spirit," Talanwei said as his turn came. His choice was in keeping with his skill with the blade, though it was minimal it was his only one to bring to bear at the moment as he could not wield Illuminatus’ strength freely. Plus Master Motrice had spoken of purity being among the demon’s chief weaknesses. What he did not want was his supposed purity being corrupted then turning into a strong force to feed from. Rees had regarded him as such and though he didn’t like being referred to as such then, it might prove something he could draw from.
Last edited by Talanwei Fortisse on Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
valsert
Sergeant of the Purple Guard

Post by valsert »

Altho he knew that his choice to live the life of a soldier meant other skills and knowledge would be forsaken, it did not stop his feelings of total ignorance as he stood waiting for his chance to speak with the vaultkeepers.

He did not know the name of any great and powerful item hidden in the vault, and his armor was of the Purple Guard...and he would live or die wearing it. Nor did he believe his willpower was in danger of being corrupted, certainly not after the things he had seen and done. Yet this was no time for pride and he knew every advantage could be the difference between life and death, if not for him then for someone he charged himself with protecting.

swallowing his pride, he stepped forward to address the man standing there.

"Sir, I don't suppose you have Tal-Alkeen's sister blade hidden away in there, or Commander Sosa's Justice on loan eh? aah well, I suppose you know best what can serve our purpose, err I mean...The rose stone is the best to be sure...seen that thing in action, strong stuff that is....." He said, stammering more then once as he attempted to speak knowlegable on the subject of magical items.

Light! Im a soldier, not a scholar, I should Shut up before I look more a fool then I already have. he thought, then took his own sound advice.
Morg

Post by Morg »

Morgan made his way to the University's vault, stopping occasionally to scratch his head. How in the Tether did I end up getting myself into this. And more importantly, how am I going to get myself out of it?

He waited in line, searching the assembled for a familiar face and finding none. The red-haired man he vaguely remembered from somewhere, but he didn't have a name for him. Ah well. If I die here, at least it will be among complete strangers. Morgan liked to entertain the notion of an anonymous, unheralded end.

When it came to his turn, he shook his head. "If it comes to having to defend myself physically, the chances are that it is already too late for me." This he'd learned by coming face to face with the Nether-warped creatures in the Temple of Pan. "Instead, I would like something to help me to perceive and differentiate energies. I will stand or fall by my magick."
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The vaultkeeper raised an eyebrow when Jolanda made her request but he dutifully consulted the ledger by his side and he nodded when he came to the correct entry. One of his assistants went into the back and a few burns later Jolanda was presented with a circular amulet of spun brass wire on a bronze chain. Within the circle was a nine pointed star in finer brass wire. A pale blue gemstone sparkled at each point of the star.

--------

The vaultkeeper smiled indulgently at Dory and sent one of his assistants into the back after a whispered conversation. She was presented with a bland looking gray cloak. It reminded her of spiderwebs or perhaps fog. "The Obscurity Cloak will help you blend into the background." He informed her.

--------

The vaultkeeper shook his head when Talanwei presented his blade. "As a conduit for your faith it has the potential to be the most potent blade of all but as it is the demon will not be harmed by it." The vaultkeeper turned to a weapons rack behind him and selected a sword. The blade was light and keen with no marking to dull the mirror bright shine. The hilt was ivory wrapped with copper wire and it was capped with a pale yellow gemstone. The crosspiece was carved to resemble a set of wings. "This blade was forged in the White Towers of Charlesmagne in the days before the betrayal. It is recorded in our archives as a Warden's Blade."

--------

"If only we had such blades of power to give." The vaultkeeper sighed as Valsert made his request. "Alas items of that nature are never content to reside in vaults for long. As to the rosestone, all of this would be rendered dross and baubles in its presence and would be detected by the beast besides." The vaultkeeper informed him. "No, this night you must trust to the strength of your will and your arms."

The vaultkeeper examined Valsert for a moment and selected a sword from the rack behind him. The blade was long and tapered to a sharp point. The plain iron hilt was wrapped in black leather and wide enough for two hands to fit if desired yet balanced enough to wield with one. The blade and crosspiece were acid etched with unfamiliar runes. "This blade is purest iron cold forged by the craft of Trothgard and made potent by will of their runeshapers. The blade is named Angrvadill, Rushing Harm." He translated.

-----------

The vaultkeeper nodded in approval at Morgan as he made his choice. He sent one of his assistants into the vault and she returned several burns later with a set of lenses. The crystals themselves were thick cut and perfectly clear. Only by the way they caught the magelight could you tell they were there. They were set in frames of gold wire and were meant to be worn over the ears and rest on the nose. "These clarifying lenses are usually used by mages new in their powers and weak in their perceptions. We usually advise not to use such devices lest it become a crutch and a barrier to true growth, but this is clearly a special case."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
valsert
Sergeant of the Purple Guard

Post by valsert »

Valsert bowed to the vaultkeeper as he accepted the blade.

"I thank you sir for the effort put forth by the university, and for the trust placed in me in your loan of this weapon. Let us hope that my use of it will bring safety to those who hunt tonight."

With that said, he turned from the vault and left the room to return to where the others gathered.
Morg

Post by Morg »

Mages new in their powers and weak in their perceptions. Not like me, then. Oh no. Morgan slipped the lenses into a pocket of his breeches.

He thanked the vaultkeeper politely before turning and following Valsert back to the main gathering. If he knows how to use that blade, it might be an idea to stay close to him. Nothing selfish about the thought; Morgan himself wouldn't hesitate to use what powers he had at his disposal to protect the others in the group. They would need to work together, not as individuals, even if most of them had never met before.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The Mentor descended into the Vaults once again... He liked to come here, fascinating objects made with magic and skill. There was so much to study here! So much to do! This time his eyes did not see the wonderful objects he usually marvelled at, this time he was more practical.

He nodded to the keepers: "Magic I have, knowledge I lack but knowledge is usually not something you can gain by magic in a short span of time... So I need some backup," the Adhiel paused for a moment, knowing full well what he was going to ask for," Do the Vaults hold a Trothgardian Crystal?"
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Jolanda

Post by Jolanda »

The vault keeper’s raised eyebrow was met with an expectant tilt of her chin. She wasn't backing down now, not when the others were all about, I'll not look like a fool! though she quickly begun constructing excuses of what to say when he turned around and declared no such thing existed.

"Oh?" she held her hands out, her eyes fluttering with surprise. There is such a thing?! Of course she then had to 'cover her surprised expression, deftly constructing a further lie just for the job, "My it is smaller than I remembered, oh and not as shiny, who do you have in charge of cleaning back there, really." so tutting she moved apart.

Ooh, I wonder what you do? she slid the chain over her neck, and squinted closer at the stones, from best guess they weren't so valuable by themselves, their worth must exist in the entirety of the piece. Jolanda sighed, unfortunately the overall look of the item wasn't exactly attractive, it was a little like wearing a miniature bird's nest round ones neck. Damn.

She watched on with apparent jealously as the others all got much better things, I wonder if anyone would trade with me? Still, her hand moved to clasp about the item with a tenderness she would not admit even to herself. The Star of Deliverance.
Dianissiya E'Dorian

Post by Dianissiya E'Dorian »

Dory watched the vault keeper speak in hushed tones with his assistant, before the second one brought out something that looed as though it was maid out of silvery fog or the thinnest spider webs.

"Thank you sir." she replied accepting the wondrous thing. The Obscurity Cloak seemed as light a a feather and the material itself seemed to be smother then the finest of silk. Really a remarkable thing!

And Dory who was already dresses a bit unlike the other ladies present (wearing fine leather leggins, a fancy undertunick of white color and a doublet, to ensure she wouldn't get caught in all those long skirts as usual) couldn't help but try it on right away... The cloak seemed to be right her size, or rather - it became her size, not to short, not to long covering her up entirely yet allowing freedom of movement....a floating head was left in place where Dianissiya E'Dorian just stood in full form.

"Wow! It's absolutely remarkable! " she said and quickly opened the cloak. \once it wasn't shut it returned to looking as the misty material....that really attracted attention to Dory's figure.... and mostly curves...
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Without any thank you or gratitude, the Dark Enchantress took the ebony staff, her hand gracefully fitting the staff as if it was made specificaly for her. Meticulously, she inspected it with her glimmerign eyes, filled with wonder and profound, silent glee. She wanted to gloat and laugh out loud with triumph but with the presence of peole surrounding her, she deemed it inappropriate, she was, after all, a court sorceress and etiquette demended that she took things regally.

"This has my approval." Fauna regally uttered, her blue eyes still glued upon the staff and smile malicious, thinking of things she could use with the Myra's Staff.

She tood there, flawless face lifted, her right hand holding the black staff, imperious, her purple robe majestic and her blonde artfully dishevelled hair gleaming behind her.

"I shall be glorious," she murmured to noone, plunging once more into the Aether, her eyes flickering with energies. "for I shall be the shadow queen and all shall obey and cower and despair!"

The Dark Enchantress lifted the staff a few inches from the ground, lifting her left hand as well as she plunged deeper into the Aether and the Nether that was a taint within her, delving deeper into the the energies and scrutinizing the very essence and core of the staff if there still were Nether energies lingering upon it.

She had to know how the staff operates if she was to wield it and she needed to know the profound secrets of the Myra's Mirror.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The vaultkeeper looked at Elvin for a long burn before nodding his head yes. "Were your task anything less I would deny it." The vaultkeeper turned to one of his asssitants and he withdrew into the vaults. He was gone far longer than the others and returned bearing a wand. The wand was of cherry wood, about ten inches long, and it was capped by a crystalline mage raising a crystal wand of his own. "Treat it well."

----------------

Jolanda got the feeling that her words did not fool the vaultkeeper for a moment but he did not press the issue. A close examination of the stones showed that they were precious: one diamond, two rubies, two emeralds, two sapphires, and two topaz. They were small stones of course and they were cut oddly compared to what she had seen in jewelry. Apparently magic had different needs than jewelers.

--------------

They may have been how Dory wished for her cloak to work, but in fact the effect was far more subtle. When the cloak was closed and the hood raised, Dory did not disappear from mortal sight. A gray clad figure clearly stood there. But she didn't seem important at all. In fact it was an effort of will to even notice her standing there. She just blended into the background, no more of interest than the stones of the wall.

--------------

Like many items of magic, Fauna swiftly found that Myra's Mirror responded to the will of the magician holding it. The sphere at the top of the staff ripped with silver strands of energy. Intuitively, Fauna knew she could form these into mirror shaped planes of force to intercept and reflect magical energies. To trap energies, she merely has to reflect the energy back into the staff itself. Fauna could sense the capacity to store energy but felt nothing within at the present.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

Becca smiled timidly at the vaultkeeper, resisting the urge to bob a curtsey and flee. She'd never been much good at asking for things, and she had a feeling that it would be downright greedy to ask for something else when she was already holding the card Professor Peckerton had given her - the Scholar - in her hand. It was just comfort, something for her to touch when she was nervous.

"If you've anything that'd help a seriously inexperienced illusionist...?" Becca offered, tilting her head to one side. "I'll have to trust your judgement on this. The only things I looked at in there are the rings." Her fingers rubbed over the Scholar's painted face once more, then she slipped the card into her pocket.
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Talanwei Fortisse
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Talanwei Fortisse »

Talanwei’s sword hand drooped as the vault keeper took the blade that was to be his and presented it to him. His breath caught in his throat and he looked upon the weapon. It was of much better craftsmanship than his long blade. He carefully sheathed his own blade and took the offered weapon gingerly. The vault keeper commented on the blade being forged in the time before the betrayal. Obviously the blade had history and it certainly stretched farther than the reach of the meager yahren of Talanwei’s life. It was to be respected but also wielded as weapon. The Achadiel watched as those around him got acquainted with their items and weapons. Most had a remarkable use that made itself apparent.

He looked at the blade and was instantly in love with its master craftsmanship. The young man knew he would put it to good use and he was already dreading the day that he would have to return the item to the vaults if that were indeed the process. Though he was completely satisfied if the blade did nothing at all other than cut their enemies, by Illuminatus he was insanely curious. If that were it’s only use, it would not fit with that which was given to the others. It had to have a special magick it was imbued with...

"A finer blade I have not seen. I am curious," said Talanwei as he held the blade aloft, getting used to its heft and balance, "Does it have a magical property I should be made aware of?"

Talanwei would have hazarded channeling some power through the blade but if he were able to do so, he would need only his own blades. The young man looked at the vault keeper, tearing his eyes away from the polished steel.
[b]Convo Kill Count[/b]: 1
[b]Funny Chat Moments[/b]: 3
Barrett

Post by Barrett »

Once the others had made there requests, Barrett pulled off to one side and motioned for Corbin to come close. He wanted to keep an eye on the vault while sharing knowledge with the sorcerer.

“Like any source of information, Miss Winthrope – and myself – should be taken in context. She chooses a dark path, one easily fueled by wrath and rage. But that path is most dangerous. Anger can be used as a means of focusing your will, but it is one that often blinds the sorcerer. The destructive nature of these negative emotions can lead to a loss of control - one that such a creature as the demon may easily use to its advantage. It might infiltrate your spellweaving or even your mind before perspective is regained.”

“Better in such a conflict to use positive emotional energies. Focus on someone or something that you love and in which you believe. The reasons that you are fighting the fight in the first place. Selflessness and love are very strong weapons against the creatures of the Nether. And faith – if it is true and unshakable. Faith - in a god, or a way of living, or that which we seek to preserve or protect – can give one unexpected strength. Believe that we must, we can, we will overcome the corruption.”

“Of course, Changer will try to turn your love against you. I believe that may be how it… succeeded with the Royal Poet. She was perhaps weakened by the thoughts of her beloved’s apparent death. Do not let it convince you that our cause is hopeless, or with visions of it destroying the things you love. Instead, if it shows you the negative: death, despair, uncertainty… you must know that the first step to making things right is the banishment of its foul influence.”

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”