The Tide Rolls In - Rogin - Samheen 26th

Moderator: Mods

Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

The Tide Rolls In - Rogin - Samheen 26th

Post by Brytan »

Samheen 26th - Morningtide

The morning of the new day announced itself with beams of sunlight, dropping in through the window of the room. With no trees or clouds to cover it currently, the rays had no difficulty finding their way to the face of Rogin, still sleeping after a busy day at the marketplace.

A brisk wind accompanied the sunlight, gently waving the draperies which adorned the window to give the occupant some cover from the scorching rays which would only improve in strength as the day progressed. Somewhere, a dog barked. A cart was pulled down the street and words were spoken in unknown languages as one of it's wheels got caught in a hole in the pavement and broke.

None of these events, save the sounds perhaps, reached Rogin in his slumber. A new day awaits...
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]

Post by Guest »

Rogin awakened abruptly from his sleep. Sweat pouring down his face. The first thing he did was grab for his sword. Then suddenly realizing he was alone. He let the weapon loos letting his face fall into his hands.
Sitting a moment he realized that he had a peculiar dream. A very vague dream. He couldn't quite make out what it was about. He remembers sitting on the back of Raider on top of a hill, looking down at a battle.
He remembers strange figures running around slashing and hacking at other figures adorned in armour. Death! All around him was death.
More then that he couldn't remember.

"Son of a bitch it's hot in this God forsaken land. Does it ever cool off?"

Rogin swung his legs out of bed and sat a second. He got up to see what that was that he heard in the street. He saw a cart standing in the middle of the street. Around it were a few men pulling and tugging at it. He could not understand what they was saying.
"Don't think I'll be here much longer. Can't make heads nor tails of what they're saying."

After Rogin had washed and dressed he went down to the stable to check on Raider. "hey my friend, how was your night? I bet yours was better then mine?" Rogin said to his horse. "Lets get you ready." He saddled Raider.

Rogin went to pay Yabal and thank him for his hospitality. It was time to leave Amun Rah. It was too hot here and communication was difficult. He had this strange erg to find and talk to people that were considered out-casts. But that feeling shortly left his mind and Rogin returned to Raider.

After packing al his gear on his horse Rogin led Raider out into the street and started walking to the gate of the city. On the way he was wondering where he was going to go and why. If only he could get a sign as to what the hell he was doing and what he was supposed to do with his life!!!
"I guess all men ask that question. But why do we never get an answer?"
Brytan

moving on...

Post by Brytan »

As disturbing as his dream had been, as calm did the real world seem inside his small room at the inn. The sun was beaming as he gazed outside to observe the men tugging at the cart aimlessly, one rushing off, probably to find a new wheel to get it moving again.

Raider was still in his stable as he first entered. He cared for his horse very well and it seemed pleased to see it's master after the rising of the desert sun. He let himself get saddled easily, as he had always done for Rogin. Other people he had not been so kind to, but Rogin never had any trouble with his trusty steed.

Yabal greeted Rogin with a hearty hello. "Ah, you've come to settle your bill?" He had known he would, they always did. "I trust your stay was a pleasant one?" he asked as he pocketed the coin Rogin owed for his stay and the food he had eaten. "Be safe on the roads out there sahib, there is word of bad tidings from across the sea."

But as Rogin left the inn, nothing much seemed amiss. By now the cart problem had been solved, and people were going about their business as they had been for the whole time Rogin had stayed in Abu'Sahir, the island capital. He hadn't seen very much of the city yet though, save for the docks, the market and the close vicinity of the inn. As he walked he saw merchants peddling their wares along the sides, some behind well filled stalls of fruit and water, other walking with their goods to trade in baskets or packs.

The gate to the city was a ways walk from here, and as every journey started with the first step, the sun scorched the sand upon which Rogin's was set.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

As Rogin walked the streets his mind started to think of what Yabal had said to him as he left the Inn. What kind of danger did Yabal mean?
A flash went through his mind. Similar to the nightmare he had had but much shorter. Rogin shook his head and stopped suddenly. Grasping his head as if he had a head ache. Raider did not see it coming and bumped into Rogin. Thats when the flash stopped.
Rogin looked around and saw men, women and children walking the streets. But nothing seemed different. He tried to recollect what he saw in his mind. He saw a group of people coming at him calling his name but not openly more like whispering his name. And then it was gone.

He looked at his horse and smiled at him patting him on the neck. Raider seemed overly friendly to his friend. He had done this a few times but then it was as if he tried to warn him of something. Again Rogin looked around but nothing was amiss at least not that he could see.

Rogin started thinking of his uncle. "Damn I miss you old man!!"Rogin said to himself. These were times that Rogin started to feel lonely. Where he started to miss some one to laugh with without being suspicious. Just letting your-self go and knowing that some one was there to watch your back.

Rogin never did have many friends but the ones he had were good ones. "We all die one day you old fart. Maybe I'll see you after I die and we can drink together again." Rogin said to himself as he looked up into the sky. "I only hope that it is in battle just like you did. That way you can be proud of me. If you can hear me old man say hello to my father and mother for me!" Rogin felt a moment of grief.

He walked on.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brytan

lost in thought

Post by Brytan »

As Rogin walked, he passed the small houses of the working class, the serfs and slaves of the rich and wealthy, all struggling for the greater good of the land and it's leader, the Ra-Fao. He had heard that these people were used to taking slaves, and he wondered which of these people walking the streets was one, for none seemed to be particularly mistreated and all were hard at work at their daily chores.

Gradually the road led him back a bit towards the dockside, before bending inland again in the direction of the walls and gates of the city, seperating the city core and the homes of nobles and serfs alike from the outlying delta and beyond that the rugged desert of Amun Rah. Water flowed through the city, which was built in the middle of this lush refuge of life, opposing the harsh sunlight and blistering dunes.

On the road to the gate Rogin passed a group of men who were apparently not from the city. They were dressed in sailor's garb and were loading barrels and crates from a cart and carrying them into a storehouse. Rogin wouldn't have really payed attention to the laborers in any other place perhaps, but these men were very actively involved in a discussion in a dialect which betrayed a life on the isle of Pan; "...dem Oneists be glad I'm not back at Pan." one of the men said, who was lugging a heavy barrel on his back. "I'd grab one o' em and snap em in half, by Pan's hooves. Who'se dem to tell us what ta thin'?!" Another one of the sailors nodded in agreement and replied; "Aye, I hear it's worse on the mainland. King up there's out fer blood. My cousin came back only tides before we sailed from Kislovan, bad blood I tell ya, bad blood."

Post by Guest »

Rogin looked startled at what the man said about the main land. What was the trouble that the men were talking about. His curiosity got the better of him and decided to find out more.
Rogin changed direction towards the men, slowing down his pace. He neared where they were labouring. Once near enough he stopped and started inspecting Raider. From this distance he was able to make out almost perfectly what was being said.

Rogin was planning on going to the main land to visit the grave of his uncle. He had been doing so for the last 4 yahren. But he wanted to be alerted if any abnormalities were present. The last thing he wanted was to end up next to his uncle. He felt too young for that right now.
So preparation was of an essence to him. And if he heard correctly people were being told how to live. THIS was not acceptable to Rogin. "No one decides what I do or how I think."
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

OOC: it is HERE

:wink:
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Brytan

hehe

Post by Brytan »

OOC thanks Sas :) Sorry for the delay Rogin, been having some hardware issues.

Rogin moved closer to the men, with the intention of listening in on their conversation. They didn't seem to be paying real attention to his presence, perhaps the occasional glance at the foreign face and the horse, but nothing more.

Unfortunately for Rogin though, the men seemed to be just about ready to finish up, with one last heavy crate, seemingly containing something massive and delicare, still on the cart. The sailors struggled a bit to get a good hold of the thing, mumbling and grumbling about it not having any handles or ropes to hold it properly. They were too busy with this last crate to discuss anything really, as they kept lugging and tugging at the thing which hardly seemed to move as the cart creaked on it's wheels with the three men shifting the weight toward the back of the cart.

"Be careful, don' wanna break tha thing or we'd be in deep waters mates." One of them managed to huff out as they inched the crate to the edge of the cart which seemed ready to topple over...

Post by Guest »

Ooc; Not a problem I have time.

Rogin noticed that the men were almost done with their task at hand. This meant that he would not get any information from them. He also noticed that they were having trouble with the last crate. Rogin saw this as an opportunity to mingle with the ship hands.

He swiftly walked toward their aid. "Here men let me give you a hand!" Rogin said to one of them. He jumped to a corner and heaved the crate onto the cart, making sure that it was secured. This gave him a chance to talk to the men once they had finished.
Once the crate stood in it's place he spoke to one of the men nearest to him. "That there was one heavy crate eh mate? What the hell do you suppose was in it, if you don't mind me askin'?" He asked the labourer. All Rogin could do was hope that the man was friendly enough to strike up a conversation with him and would not see this as meddling in. If everything went according to plan he would get his information. If not this way maybe he would treat the man to a cold one. This usually worked to get what he wanted without using violence.
Brytan

enter lord, stage left

Post by Brytan »

"That is none of your concern my friend."

The voice came not from the group of sailors, who had been kind of surprised when the man showed up, lifting the crate to a position it apparently wasn't supposed to go, since a few of them groaned. They knew better than to oppose an armed man apparently and went about lifting the thing off the cart and into the warehouse when room was freed for them to move. This took quite some time still.

The voice had come from around the warehouse. There stood a man with the obvious appearance of a local. And one of some standing considering his clothing and attitude.

"The name is Barsanke, and I had that shipped in for my personal enjoyment. I didn't care to tell the captain what he was shipping, nor do I feel inclined to tell you." The air of the man spoke of great certainty and resolve, like a rock in a torrent ocean, standing fast in the turmoil. "You are apparently not from around here." Barsanke continued as he sized Rogin up. "It might be wise not to meddle in people's personal affairs during your stay. Some might not be so forgiving as I am."

At the appearance of the man, the sailors hurried to finish up their work and scurried off when the last load was placed inside and locked up properly by a servant appearing from behind Barsanke.
Last edited by Brytan on Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Rogins hair raised at the back of his neck. He looked over his shoulder only to see a well dressed man standing there. He had dealt with people like this before. They think just because they have status they can do as they please. In the earlier years Rogin, after he had a few ale, would pull his sword with lightning speed and hack their heads off. But he was older now and handled much differently

He tuned to the noble, bowed slightly and said. "My dear sire, I am not interested in the contents of the crate. I merely gestured at conversation. It matters not to me what this crate holds nor whom it belongs to. I am honoured though at the fact that you called me 'friend'. And as such i will would be honoured do lend you a service like the one I offered these men. My name is Rogin kind sir and am pleased to make your acquaintance." Rogin had put on his most suffisticated attitude. It seemed to have a better result then his barbaric self. "I was merely interested in the conversation the men where having about the mainland."
"I am about to travel there and would like to know what is amiss. You see, I am a free man, like yourself I presume, and wish to remain so. Going to the mainland and finding barbaric slavery, is not on my list of things to do. You DO understand I hope. So please forgive me if I seemed curious about your crate. That was not my intention. If you wish to leave it at that then I will be on my way and will find someone else who will indulge me with information.
I bid you a very pleasant day sir." Rogin was not looking for trouble and he knew that beating a noble was sure to cause it. Besides, he had done nothing wrong and getting in to trouble here was not a good idea. Rogin took the easy way out and used politeness. He did hope, however, that the noble would be impressed with the curdiness of Rogin and indulge him on information. Rogin could only hope. Ah, he looked like a descent fellow and didn't seem to be out for trouble either.
Brytan

lol

Post by Brytan »

As the other men left the scene, probably heading back to their ship to unload more cargo, and the servant locked the door of the warehouse, Rogin noticed the man who had called himself Barsanke send the servant off with a mere gesture, before turning his full attention to Rogin's reply.

As the words "barbaric slavery" came out of Rogin's mouth, the noble couldn't help but stifle a grin, but he didn't say a word until Rogin had finished.

"Ah, young man, what I wouldn't give for your view of the world. Unfortunately, you will find that slavery is something the people of Amun Rah have little trouble with. What people do on the mainland with it is of no concern to the Ra-Fao, nor myself."

He smiled as he got ready to leave to wherever he had come from.

"I bid you a good day aswell, and hope that Anasis and Uphuron will look on you with kind eyes during your stay on our sands and keep you free as you so desire."

Post by Guest »

"Hmmm I knew I should have grabbed him by the scrotum to get what I want!" Rogin thought to himself.

He bowed slightly to the overdressed, stuck-up probably gay individual, turned towards Raider and started walking.
Once he reached Raider he grabbed the rains and stood a moment. Pondering on his next move.
"Well buddy, looks like we're not going to the mainland until we find out what's going on. We seem to be running into a brick wall here so let's go to another island and see if the people there are more helpful."

Rogin mounted Raider and settled into the saddle. Raider turned a couple of times to let Rogin know he was not a happy horse with some one on his back. Rogin was used to this and gave a slight smile. For Rogin this was a reoccurring ritual.
He pointed Raider in the direction of the harbour and made a clicking sound with his tongue. Raider adhered to the sound and started walking in the direction given him.

Arriving at the harbour Rogin asked a passing worker witch ship sailed to the citadel. He figured that that was the place to find information.... he hoped.
Brytan

the harbor

Post by Brytan »

Rogin arrived at the harbor only a short while later. There was still a fair amount of traffic on the streets in the early morning, with a lot of people trying to get the multitude of their chores done before the tradetide sun.

Here at the docks it was no different. Many people were running around, some carrying cargo, some bartering for passage on the merchant vessels. It was here that Rogin might indeed find what he was looking for.

He asked a man on the docks for a ship to the Citadel. Which in turn referred him to the harbourmaster with some hint of agony in his voice. This may be due to the fact he was lugging around a large bundle of rope and the temperature was rising slowly as the sun played tricks on the water of the ocean, with waves slowly rolling in on the uptide.

The harbourmaster turned out to be a muscular adhiel, probably in his mid fourty's. His hair was raven black and his tan betrayed a life on the docks and decks of the ships he was now surveying. He held a piece of parchment, jotting down numbers and information as it was given to him by his assistants who came by every so often, or by the captains of the ships who had to report in as they docked.

As Rogin walked up to the man, he looked up from his writing and displayed a smile as he noticed the stranger approaching him. "Namaste traveler, what can I help you with this tide of day?"

Post by Guest »

"And a very good day to you. Would you be so kind as to inform me as to which vessel will be leaving port to sail to the citadel soon?" Rogin asked the man in his most pleasant voice. "Preferably one that accepts horses."
Before waiting for an answer Rogin asked the gentleman, "Did you hear the latest? apparently there is trouble on the main land. Have your ears fallen on anything new about this problem as of late?
Brytan

ah, yes

Post by Brytan »

The harbourmaster turned to his sheet, his eyes quickly scanning some lines he had just written down.

"Ah, yes. Well, the "Diamond Seahawk" only docked two graves ago, came in straight from the Citadel with a strong wind at their back. Weather's been a bit off on the water lately, the sea can be an unforgiving lass." He trailed his gaze to a sturdy looking, but rather small trading vessel that lay docked two piers down.

"She should be sailing on the next good tide, not sure if they take horses, ye'd have to ask the captain that."

He frowned a bit as Rogin brought up the troubles on the mainland. "I see ships dock and sail on every tide, and each of them brings sailors and their grand tales of adventure. Most of them've been on the sea too long, so news they bring is usually old. Good five days to the Citadel on a good wind, who knows what has gone on in that time on the Lady?"

Post by Guest »

"Yeah , you're right about that, men do have tall tales after a journey at sea. So what was the latest tale you've heard? Anything juicy? Something that might sound real?" Rogin asked him.

The sun was starting to get hotter and he didn't want to get the harbour master too aggravated. So Rogin made it sound as if there was no real importance to the question.
"I can understand that you might be too busy to shoot the shit with me but I'm just a little curious as to what's going on. If you like you can refer me to some one else. In the mean time I'll go see the captain of the Lady to ask if my horse can board his vessel."Rogin did not expect an answer from him regarding the rumors and already started scanning the harbour for some one who was doing nothing. Some one like an old beggar. He wanted desperately to find out what the hell was going on. The whole idea of a large power trying to make men believe that they have to follow one God made his skin crawl. especially the fact that if you didn't, your head would be ripped from your body!
Brytan

haha

Post by Brytan »

The tall adhiel smiled as Rogin fired his questions at him.

"I don't really socialise much with the sailors myself. I just hear the odd piece of information now and again from my overseers. Ye seem to be anxious for word of the other isles, ye might want to try ol' Sarmus. He practically lives on these docks and talks to everyone, can't miss the old geezer."

He looked at his sheet as one of his aids came up with news of some fishing boats docking at one of the far piers.

"Sorry friend, duty calls." As he started walking off he turned once more. "Oh, far be it from me to talk poorly of ships, but if ye'r in such a rush ye may want to consider taking a portal."
And with that he was off to some sailors who were mucking about with some fishingnets and barrels in the distance.

Post by Guest »

"Well that sounds like a plan. I just don't want to run into trouble while I'm visiting an uncle is all."
Rogin watched the harbour master walk away with that last comment he made and thanked him graciously.

He stood there a moment and wiped his forehead with the purple scarf. After he had done that he looked at the scarf confusedly. He was wondering why he had bought a purple scarf. Rogin never cared much for style and couldn't figure out the reason he had bought this particular colour. Well, what ever, it served it's purpose.

He thought about what the harbour master had said about the portal. Rogin had heard allot about them but never thought about taking one before. He had no idea what it was like or how it worked. And he deffinately didn't know how Raider would react to such a thing. But it was worth thinking about.

He started back for Raider. Finding this Sarmus character shouldn't be too difficult so he decided to track him down and see if he could be of some usefulness. After that he would head out to the Citadel.
Brytan

Sarmus

Post by Brytan »

As it turned out, Sarmus was indeed a character who was hard to miss. As Rogin walked the piers of the dockside he noticed an old, slightly bent but sturdy looking dwarf perusing the goings on at the ships that were coming in this morning. A few questions to some stray sailors did indeed enlighten Rogin to the fact that this was in fact Sarmus, or as the sailors referred to him "The Old Man".

He wasn't man though, but he obviously didn't mind it as he spoke to lots of people, taking in warm sailors greetings from everyone there and saluting them back in turn. It was obvious he was as much part of this harbor as the water in the ocean and the planks of the docks.

As Rogin came up to him, Raider led by the reigns, he looked up at this new, tall, face. "G'd Morr La'y. Whu cun I do f'r ya?"

Post by Guest »

"Good day to ya." Rogin greeted the dwarf with a friendly smile. "I've been walkin' a ways now and was wondering if ya might enjoy a weary traveler sittin' next to ya?"

Not waiting for a reply Rogin sat next to him still holding on to the rains of Raider.
Rogin had taken a coin out of his pouch and was playing with it between his fingers. "You seem like the kind of character that sits here and enjoys the life that walks by? Tell me something, do you hear the stories of the sailors that come by here?
They tell me that there is trouble on the main land. I kinda would like to know if it's safe to travel there. Ya see my uncle passed away there a while back and I visit his resting place on a regular basis. If I don't he'd turn over in his grave. I made that promise to him and I'm a man of my word. Oh by the way the name's Rogin and this is my friend Raider.

As rogin was waiting for a possible answer he stood up and grabbed a flask off the saddle. Rogin was getting a little thirsty and needed a drink. The hot sun of Amun Rah was starting to get to him. This was not the place he wanted to spend to much time. The heat would drive him crazy eventually.
He took a cup from the saddle as well, poured water into it and offered it to Sarmus. He wasn't about to let him drink out of his flask. You never know where his lips might have been. Getting sick and dying from some homeless individual was not on his list of things to do.
As he offered the water he sat down next to Sarmus again.
Brytan

the old man and the sea

Post by Brytan »

As Rogin sat down by the old man, it became obvious to Rogin that Sarmus hardly ever bathed. He didn't smell per se, but his hair was probably supposed to be white from age, but presented itself in a brownish colour now. He dressed in good cotton working clothes as he had done for a larger part of his life most likely, which looked like they had fallen apart and sewn back together at least two times.

Sarmus waited patiently for Rogin to finish retelling his tale of his uncle and the news he had picked up, then graciously accepted the cup of water which he drank to the bottom and then handed back.
"Arr, th't hit the good ol' spot. Thnks lad, throat dries in this're sun."
He looked Rogin up and down as he kept close watch of Raider who stood patiently by his side. "Fig'red ye'r from tha isles. Ta pale fer Rah. Aye, been hearing st'ries bout dem Oneists stirr'n trouble over at Pan's. Sometin bout dem be'in da only faith. Be a camel's bullocks if ye'sk me." He coughed and wheezed a moment then regained his already lacking composure. "Sh'ld be safe te travel anywhere lad. Da sea's a caring lass. It's wht hppens wen ye'rrive on land. Ye scared easy den lad?"

Post by Guest »

"Scared? Hahahaha!!" Rogin laughed at that comment with sincerity. "No my friend fear is for children and women. That was a along time ago since I've known fear." Rogin thought back of the day his parents had died of the fatale sickness. That was when he met fear face to face. Since then there was nothing frightening to him anymore.

"No Sarmus, I've had plenty of battles and am not in the mood at the moment to swing my sword. But if need be, my blade will hack off a few heads in order to maintain my freedom. Even if that means ending my miserable life trying."

Rogins vains filled with disgust at the thought of men making others believe in something other then what they want. And if they refused, beating it into them or killing them in the process.
But Rogin started to feel the urge to do something about it. "If I could get a few men, or women for that matter, together and check out the situation for me, maybe I can help put a stop to this madness somehow." he thought. "I need people that don't attract attention. People with special skills that nobody knows of." Rogins mind was starting to fill with all kinds of idea's.

He turned his attention back to Sarmus. "So you say that Pan is starting to be over-run by these foul, sorry excuses of men eh? Hmm. You know by chance the least likely harbour they would be?" Rogin had a plan and wanted to execute his idea. But first he had to find someone willing to help him. And since he hadn't touched his sword for a while, it was time to do some practicing, time to sharpen the edges you might say.

As soon as he gets an answer from Sarmus he would find a place on the island nearby and start getting some swings in with his sword. Somewhere where nobody would bother him.

It seemed that the time had come to do battle once more. This wasn't about to be a skirmish like in the past but a major fight.
This meant that he would have to take heed and be very careful. No one was to be trusted and he would have to be inconspicuous. This 'mad' king was not to have any idea what was about to hit him and by whom. It was time to prepare once more and maybe for the last time. But he was not about to rush into this without thinking every detail through.

"Well mother, father, uncle, we may be joined sooner then you think."
Last edited by Guest on Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brytan

grins

Post by Brytan »

The old man couldn't help but laugh at Rogin's enthusiasm for the cause he had seemingly found in the words of Sarmus. He coughed so hard he almost seemed to choke on his own tongue but in the end he recouperated and managed to regain his somewhat rigid composure from before. "Arr, ta be yun' and restlss." he mused as he gazed out over the sea, which had turned a beautiful shade of deep blue now that the sun had risen high enough over the horizon's brim.

"Ye'rr lookin' fer n army? Ye'rr not in da rigt plce lad. Dis ere's Abu'Sahir. Da Rafao s da nly wan with n army. Everyone's his. He sees all dem says, save perhaps fer dem desrt tribes."

Sarmus pulled out a pipe and some tobacco to light himself a good one as he watched the sun rise over the water while Rogin went off to find a good training spot. That was not very hard it turned out, walking for a while down the piers led him along a length of beach to a small cove shielded from the wind and piercing eyes by some rocks cluttering the area. Several old barrels and broken pieces of driftwood, combined with a very old flamepit indicated to Rogin that this was most likely a campsite of opportunity. Maybe for young lovers trying to get away from the citylife, maybe for a band of smugglers bringing in booty from a far away island.

For now though, the place was deserted and Rogin could train to his heart's delight.

Post by Guest »

As Rogin was getting ready to start his long denied training he cursed himself for thinking out loud while with Sarmus. This would NOT happen again.

He unsaddled Raider, tied him to something sturdy and walked to an empty space. He extracted his sword, a bit slow because it was kinda stuck after all this time. The rust was starting to show on the blade. The first thing he did was take a hand full of sand and started to rub down the blade.
After the ritual of preparing to practice he began. At first slow and unhandy but as the marks rolled by he became more like his old self. Rogin continued until late eveningtide. Then he set-up camp and rested till the morningtide.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”