Q&A

Moderator: Mods

goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Well it haven't been three days in Taz time since we arrived to the oasis, and a large part of this time was spent of fighting for their life.

At the beginning, when the elves got sent to this place the gods told them about the rose stones, but that was all they said. In the 2nd night and the third morning the gave them a better description about what they need to do. Not more then one hour later in Taz time a group of people that wanted to go to this test was formed, but then the humans came, and everybody knows the rest.

If you want to be really correct you should say that they knew about about what to do with the stones several hours before the humans came, and I cant see how we could have sent that group of people in that time. Not long after the appearance of the gods the army came- meaning that their fate was almost doomed, because I cant see how they could have build an army in several hours, and still hope to survive this war.
Thorus Ironhammer

Post by Thorus Ironhammer »

Fair point also Goldentree...Sorry mods, I have to agree with my Taur'Quessir friend here.

Having said that, at the end of the day the events have transpired as has been described by the mods and unfortunately, whether we agree or not, that is what has happened. We have to go on from here and do what we can to work against the rising darkness as best we can. :cry:
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

I have spoken with some of the mods regarding the situation, unfortunately what is done is done. Partially the fault of the non success of this venture falls on my shoulders. Why you may ask( or not)? Because as a senior player there was more that I should've been able to do, however with my lack of net connection it made it very difficult to keep up let alone try to lead ( give direction, lead by example etc ) the venture.

Now isn't the time to put the blame on anyone but ourselves. There is more that we all as players could've done. I'm not happy with the direction this has taken but hey, I work with what I got. Nothing is written in stone folks. Change can happen, but we have to make that change happen.

That is all...
Last edited by Raevyn D`Altamooriana on Mon May 31, 2004 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Early on, I put notice here that the fate of Tazlure depended on your actions and ability to pull things together.. to cooperate and work together, something the elves have notoriously had a difficult time accomplishing even in the lands they were pulled from. :)

I understand your disappointment. And Goldentree: You still assume that the only answer to the coming army was to fight. What might have happened had you talked with them before attacking? We'll never know now but there were other avenues that could have been persued. The elves did what they thought best but chose this path by those actions. And even in the midst of the battle against an enemy, some chose to attack fellow elves, something the gods did not look on lightly.

In essence, there wasn't one action or decision that we can put our finger on and say, This.. this was what caused it to fail. It was a culminations of unwise acts that led to this. And that is not to say everything that was done was unwise... there were some good things done. However, teamwork and unity were key to this endeavor and that has been a rare commodity among the elves, a fact you must all admit if you look at it honestly.

Finally.. as Raevyn so wisely pointed out.. things are not over yet. Darkness hasn't won, but yet you all continue to do what you have always done, whine about the results of your actions as opposed to trying to determine what might be done now to turn things around. While it is doubtful the gods will allow you to find the rose stones now.. you have proved too volatile and the stones are very dangerous in the wrong hands... there are still things that might be done. It will require some teamwork however, and ingenuity on the part of players. Yes, the oasis experiment that the gods tried failed, but there are yet other things that might be done.

Will it be easy? No, but the rose stones would not have been easy either and would have required some PCs to lay down their lives in sacarfice for the greater good. Some of that may yet prove to be necessary all over Tazlure. Great victories require great sacrifices. But, imagine going down in the annals of Tazlure history as one who helped save the planet? :)
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Oh cripes Shae agreed with something I said... I must be maturing... or something. 8)
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Ok, here's the deal. The latest turn of events has lead me to this conclusion. We need to get off our butts and work together. For those of you who don't know I used to mod here. I know how much work goes into an undertaking such as this. To see it go as it has gone doesn't make me happy at all. The mods deserve better than what we have given them.

I was pissed, enough to want to quit the game that I've enjoyed for well over two years. I was about to give up, which would be the only true defeat in this thread, in this game. It took a nice IM convo with Maeve to open my eyes as well, for I too had blinders on. Truthfully my own perception of how the situation was going was clouded.

Shae's OOC was very insightful and I looked deep into the meaning of it. Which I urge everyone in this thread to do. Look inside it for your own motivation, I have. I don't know how things will turn out from here on out. But I refuse to do nothing about it. My character is going to be true to herself and believe that all it not lost. It's not lost ( just misplaced) :P

Will she fail, maybe, will she succeed, I dunno. I see this as a challenge for us, an even harder challenge that what we were originally given. A challenge that if we succeed and turn things around, will be an even greater personal reward for each of us on many different levels.

As part of this challenge I challenge each one of you to accept this new challenge. I dare you all to rise above it. I do believe that, no I guarantee that everyone involved will be all the more pleased once we overcome this minor obstacle.

That is all...

I think...

Phaenna Rolichain

Post by Phaenna Rolichain »

Wow, a lot has happened here! :shock:

Okay, mods, I don't know what to do. I was gone for weeks, then returned for long enough to make a couple of posts, then I was out of circulation for another month. (Combination of computer trouble and family matters - but my little brand new baby niece is doing just fine now, breathing on her own and everything.) I've missed a lot, and I have no idea where I'd fit in now. Should I try to jump into the action as a prisoner, or would it be simpler to assume that Phaenna died in the fighing, and start over with a new character? She's the kind of girl who'd follow orders, and be perfectly willing to sacrifice herself for others, so...

Anyway, I'm back, but I won't post in any of the threads until I've heard opinions on how to handle this little problem.
Gini'feiy

Post by Gini'feiy »

I myself can see with 20 20 hindsight where I should have acted differently in the days prior to the attack.

If I had asked the humans from the first night how far away the mountains were I wouldn't have been under the impression that the trip to the mountains where the Rose Stones were would have required a lot of preparation before undertaking it.

Turns out that they were only a half a day away, gee I wish I had asked the right questions to find that out earlier than the morning of the attack. I can see other things that I would have had to do to get Gini'feiy to the right place, eg equipment and stuff, but nothing that would have been impossible.

Isn't 20 20 hindsight a wonderful thing, lets you see all the chances you missed and go 'If only I had thought to ask', 'If only I had tried it this way instead'.

While I certainly accept that the end result was mainly due to issues we had co-operating and getting focus. I also felt there was a bit of mixed messages at time, and in part it certainly seemed at the time we needed to get a population centre organised about the Oasis. Added to this in my way of thinking why were so many people have been brought to the Oasis. This combined I feel to make it seem that the journey to recover the stones was going to need the support of such a place.

Things seemed to develop a theme, in my mind at least, that it we needed to setup the Oasis and then recover the Rose Stones. Even with the vision of the gods it seemed to be that here are leaders to help establish your place here. As two of the leaders were in regards to it seemed the Oasis and a third to recover the Rose Stones. I certainly missed any message there about time being critically short to recover the stones.

Right at the start I was ready for Gini'feiy to walk off into the desert follow T'awane, but then she disappeared just as quickly and all the threads sprang up around the Oasis. So I went with the flow, when I now see I should have gone against it instead.

Once again I really, really wish I'd thought to ask the humans about the distance to the mountains. Having missed that crucial moment to ask that question really bugs me, not from the point of view of being annoyed at anyone, but myself for wasting that chance. Wasted chances rarely come around again and that one certainly didn't until too late.

Anyway long post but in finishing I can see I read more into it different things than I should have, but hey I messed up, we all messed up. So perhaps others also read into some things stuff that wasn't there after all. While we certainly didn't co-operate in some degree ways in other ways we did, but simply on the wrong things until it was too close to end to matter.

One thing is for sure that even if Gini'feiy is sent off the island she isn't the type to give up on getting the Rose Stones to aid the Moonlady against the Darkness. Might take an even greater sacrifice to get them from where they lay later rather than sooner but she'll do whatever it take to retrieve them.
Thorus Ironhammer

Is it ok to start a thread in the Oasis forum for the players who are still active, to be discussing what we are going to do now. This could be either an OoC or IC thread. Can I start this thread or does it have to be a moderator.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

You can start an OOC or IC thread, though in this situation the latter is better discussed with one of the mods first.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Thorus Ironhammer

It seems to me that the whole Oasis theme has ground to a halt. There are very few players posting and those of us who are have no real idea what is going on.

With out asking the mods to give away any plans they have for us, is the Oasis board going to continue. From talking to some of the players, there are those who are not going to post again until something tangible happens, or may not post again at all, due to their disenchantment with what has occurred. This is a shame.

All I want to know is am I wasting my time in continuing to work towards our original goal, which is the Gods wish for us to retrieve the Stones. Even if this is not going to happen, will there be some other plotline for those of us who are continuing to post.
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Thorus is right. I am getting pretty frustrated from all of this. It seems to me that we are not heading for nowhere. It have been a week or two since we got arrested by the humans and Nothing, and i mean Nothing had happened, all we did was to talk with each other, and letting the mods do all the work, hoping that it will go our way.

I cant really blame the mods, although it will be easier... but it's our fault that we just do what they tell us, and not trying to make facts of our own. This happened in the Quest for the stones, and I'm beginning to understand why they were so frustrated: They told us about it over and over again and what we did was to sit back and let them do all the work, including the task to get us started.

I don't predict a very bright future for the oasis, not if WE will continue to act as we did,,, and i'm not going to give up on this... and I hope I'm not the alone.
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

This was a big group effort...

And it it has been hard for the newest of players to GD's, just hand in there guys, I guarantee you, that we have plotlines in order. It's just that sometimes a mod post may surprise some of you, and player posts surprise us, and we need to think.

I hope no one just stopes posting, though I have seen that since the early days some did. And the stronger better roleplayers are the ones that stuck around, and you all have my gaming respect.

There are many things that can happen now that talks have been done with Rafaso, let us see what you do...eh?

Jadmai
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel

Post by Guest »

Just to let everyone know that I'm completely snowed under with exams at the moment, which is why I haven't posted much at all recently - I'll be just about finished in a week, so I'll be back in full force then, but I'm still reading!
Lírariel Táraúmanyar

Post by Lírariel Táraúmanyar »

Not all of us were idle, Goldentree. There were many of us doing what the Mods gave us instructions to start. Annwen and T'awnee started the magical training for the Quest, Lirariel did as she was told and began the foundations of a Society, Raevyn started to map out the armed forces...though time was obviously against us. I think its a bit too much to say that we all rested on our bums and let the Mods guide every little thing we did. Perhaps we did not act in the way we needed to, but we certainly werent 'doing nothing'.

I dont see why anybody is frustrated...if anything, the plotline is thickening and becoming more interesting...nobody said this quest was going to be easy. :P
Finodborn
Special Branch

Post by Finodborn »

By no means do I wish to push anybody or something, but I was wondering whether it his known how long this quest will still last. It is really slowing down in my opinion, and I'd like any opportunity for my PC to move on...
Verum et factum convertuntur.
Avatar by the Artist Currently Known as Eira.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Grant has plans to wrap this up pretty quickly. He was pulled away from the game for a few weeks due to a family emergency. Please be patient and things will be underway again shortly.

We do apologize for the wait.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Just wanted to applaud the current thread :)

I'm posting an extract from the rules of realism, section on characterdeath, in case this has any relevance from here on:

If your character is killed for plotline reasons you and the Moderator might reach an agreement about starting your new character with an advantage. In general you are allowed to take two skilladvances in the same category with you.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Lírariel Táraúmanyar

Post by Lírariel Táraúmanyar »

Of course. But whats life without a little drama :P I know the possible consequences I and a few others are playing with here, but it adds a certain intrigue to the whole thing....which is good...i think.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”