Murat ~ Making new friends

Moderator: Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Murat ~ Making new friends

Post by Ashari »

Samheen 19th, TT

After an ordeal at the gate even the hustle and bustle of the Foreigner's Court was a welcome change. Peddlers sold their products at high prices. Everywhere one looked there were golden objects and souvenir's for the enterprising nobleman to take back home after his vacation. Each item was created for the next sucker who would purchase a mock 'Rafao's staff" or miniature sculpture made of sand. These merchants knew their target audience. Sadly for them, Murat wasn't it, so they didn't pay him much mind as he continued through.

It wasn't unless one were to turn off the main path that they would find the real stores. One belonged to a pioneering gnome who was busily inventing to his heart's content, another was a small tea room where an older woman sold prized Pan's Isle's herbs by the cup to locals or the uncommon knowledgable outsider, and there were a whole bunch more that sold food and regular goods to the everyday customer's who lived in Abu`Sahir.

However, the half-giant hadn't gotten the chance to explore much further than the main street when he felt a tug on his sleeve. "'Scuse me, sirrah." There was a young human man, but it took Murat a flicker to place the face. It was his bright eyes that recalled who he was with immediacy. He had been standing right behind the traveller in line. Obviously he had no problem getting through the gates, since he had caught right up with Murat. "I heardja talkin 'bout them big dragons. Didja really see one? Ya see, there's this groupa guys that're lookin fer one. They say that a dragon would be the King ah the snakes, and we just neva heard anyone sayin they actually saw one afore!" His golden hued eyes, set in a round human face, implored a response.

Really, he hoped that the man infront of him wouldn't just up and walk away from him without a word. "Ya see, there be this big reward..." He was definately young, maybe 17 yahren. He hadn't seen much of the world, and had been easy to coax into the cult of dragon hunters of Amun Rah.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Murat looked at the young lad, then motioned at a stone, that seemed to be suitable enough to sit on and out of the way of the crowd. "I think we need to have a talk you and I, son." He spoke as he walked over to the stone and sat down. "Nobody by his right mind goes out of his way to see a dragon, much less be seen by one. You know that even raptors are scared to death of them, do you? Trust me, a raptor is anything but easy to scare. There is a large difference between a snake and a dragon, boy."

Slowly he started to explain, what had been told to him by the elders. "A dragon is not even remotely similar to a snake. It has legs, which a snake does not, it has wings, which a snake does not.... and it is easily able to kill a man, which a snake can only accomplish if he bites the man, where a dragon would not even have to come close. They are told to breath fire, you know? They are at least 4 times the size of a raptor and very deadly. Instead of looking to get yourself killed, why don't you tag along with me for while, boy? I could use someone that knows his way around this City. What's your name?" Murat tried to ease the boy down by being friendly, but was pondering about what he had said.

People that offer a reward for a dragon, making it a king of snakes... that sounds like those snake worshippers.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The young man followed Murat over to the seat, and tentatively sat down next to him, his bright eyes looking up into those of the half-giant as he explained why he shouldn't be seeking the dragons. "Are you kidding? Do you know what kind of reward they offer?" He said and stood, looking at Murat with the attitude common among youths. His hand planted at his hip. "Man, you don't even know me. You don't know why I need this money, who cares if its suicide if I'm gonna die anyway?"

The youngster was in the thin side, but he didn't appear much to ill of health, so it questionable whether he was in any immediate danger as he was letting on. Impulsiveness was another regular attribute of early teens, however, even among the half-giants, so this was no strange behaviour.

If he thought on it much, Murat would be able to recall when he had acted in a similar manner toward members of his tribe who were in a position of authority over him. Such was the way of these things, and hindsight is twenty-twenty. This boy might not realize that for a few yahren; he wouldn't understand that what he was trying would put him in jeopardy. He wouldn't realize anything if he was dead though. It was doubtful it would be a dragon that killed him though, but thirst or starvation were viable options for the desert.

"I mean, they might not be the same, but it's a huge scaled beast, it must have something to do with a snake." It was a logical explaination and conclusion on his part and on the part of the cult members. "You want someone to show you around... hmmm..." He thought on it. "Gonna pay me?" He didn't yet offer his name.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Murat smirked at the words from the young man, as he spoke of suicide or dying, then shook his head. slowly he motined for him to calm down and started to speak. "Listen boy, The only way they are going to find that creature, is to follow it into the desert. I grew up in the desert, but most will not realise that once you go in there, you have not one enemy to look for, you instantly have two to worry about. The desert is a treacherous place for those that do not know it by heart. The largest problem is, that the desert is vast and a dragon could cover a distance of hundreds of miles in a day. Before they will ever find it, they will have died of thirst or hunger, without as much of a glance of the beast they seek. Even on the back of a raptor, you cannot cover the same distances as a dragon could."

The half giant looked at the boy and smiled, then continued in a very serious tone of voice. "Tell you what we'll do, I'll make sure we both will not starve, while I seek for employment for the both of us and you'll tell me more of yourself and will not go chasing any dragons in the meantime. You will be my guide in the City and act as my helper, until we can find a decent way to support ourselves, and in the meantime I will pay the bills. Is that a deal?" Then he reached out his large hand to the youngster and grinned. "Plus we'll try to stay out of trouble. Now at which of the two taverns do we have the best chance of getting us a form of work, son?"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The boy looked at Murat skeptically. "Well... I guess I could wait to do my adventure until I have enough money to keep myself alive..." He sighed and looked at the half-giant who was easily three times his size. "Alright. I guess that'll work." He stuck his hand out and shook Murat's. The entirety of it was engulfed in the warrior's hand. "Name is Maharrem. Friends called me Maha, ya know, for short. You're not a friend yet though, so let's keep this professional." The youngster retracted his grasp and let his hand fall to his side.

"I guess it depends what kind of work you are looking for. Anurith's has been busy lately, but he sort of had some kind of thing earlier today.. I don't think he's open again, yet." He shrugged. "It was weird, Yabal cast out all the guys and I heard him yelling even as I passed on the streets. So... I think it would be best to avoid the Golden Ram for the day. The Bad Omen is an option though. Plenty of people are looking for guard work.

"Lemme warn you though, I don't really have any skills to speak of except thieving, and not many respectable types are looking for a kid that can do anything like that." He may've seemed young, but he had seen enough yahren on the streets to pick up a trade, even if it was an illicit one.

Post by Guest »

Murat grinned at the young lad and rose from the stone they had been sitting on. As he stood, he turned towards Maharrem and spoke softly. "One never knows when skills like yours can be needed, can we? So why don't you lead the way to the Bad Omen, while I make sure you're not being run over? I am quite sure that we'll find somethig for you to do as well. As soon as we enter the tavern, why don't you take a walk around the room and put your ears to work, listening if someone is discussing anything interesting for us? In the meantime, I will make sure we will get some food and an ale. Deal?"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"It's a skill that's lasted me my whole life. Only reason I'm alive, I think." He said, grinning. "So, yeah. You're right. I guess it could come in handy. If nothing else, just the fact that I know my way around Abu`Sahir is a help to you." He stood as well and turned. "Come on, let's not dawdle in the streets all day. No one is gonna find a job that way, and I'm hungrier than a raptor." He started moving through the streets.

Abu`Sahir was a fairly easily laid out city. Basically, it went in a direct line from the gates up to the Palace of the Desert King. The only thing that blocked the view between the Foreigner's Court where all the merchants were, all the way to the Rafao's home, was the Amunic Simbahan where the religious payed homage to their gods, Anasis and Uphuron.

It was off of the main road of Foreigner's Court that the Bad Omen Tavern was located. Behind several larger buildings, and shrouded in cool shadows, the place looked more like a ramshackle house of ill repute than a tavern. Though, above the door a sign hung on rusted hinges declaring it the Bad Omen. The name was fitting.

Situated in a poorer section of the city, where priests seldom came and the really poor were left to rot, this tavern catered to those who wanted to drink away their sorrows or conduct illicit business in semi-public eye. With a staff of bouncers and a bartender who'd once been an executioner in some faraway land, the Bad Omen saw people drink their money away, then steal to drink some more, and was the local center for meetings of the underground.

"Welcome to the Bad Omen." Maharrem said sardonically before he stepped inside.

The place itself was dimly lit, damp, and reeked of strong spirits. High blocks of stone served as tables, with lower blocks and the occasional worn pillow passing for chairs. A tender stood behind the high bar and seemed to scowl at the pair when they entered. Almost as soon as he was in the door, the kid moved away from Murat and got himself a seat at a table, he didn't say a word to the half-giant.

Post by Guest »

Murat stood a few flickers in the doorway, to adjust his eyes to the darkness within, then moved inside the tavern. While he walked inside, he cast a glance at the tender and slung his shield onto his backpack. Calmly he proceeded to walk to the bar and stopped right before it. "What's on the menu today?" He stated towards the tender and grinned slightly. "I hope the portions aren't all measured to serve humans only, shorty, and I bring you greetings from Cherba." These words his father told him to use, who himself had spent some time in both taverns, before he had returned home. Especially when things had been tight, his father would sometimes travel here to pick up some work for a couple of weeks.

His gaze locked onto that of the tender, as he curled his lips into a wide smile. "He also told me to ask you for a decent Ale and none of that watered down brew that you serve the 'down and out'." His last words he uttered in a lowered voice. His father pressed it onto his heart not to speak those words out loud, so he made sure the tender could hear it, but none other, and his father always had payed his bills without any hassle to the staff. He went on to speak as his father and uncle had told him to, keeping his voice low. "Any potential business to be had in here in the last couple of days? I'll give you the same arrangement that you had with Cherba, a lance for a decent tip and an extra circlet if I get hired."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The tender's eyes squinted as he looked at the half-giant before him. "Hmm. Cherba, eh?" He reached behind him and grabbed a large pitcher off the wall. To any human it was freakishly large (though, on occasion, a tough guy would ask for a mead in the heavy glass), but for Murat it was just perfect. "He draught from this mug many a time. If yer half the man he was, then I might just be tempted to pass along what information I have." He filled the glass to the brim from a jug he grabbed from below the counter, the foam spilled out off the lip and circled around the metal bottomed base.

"Show me yer money first, so I know ye ain't foolin." Many people claimed to be friends of regulars, he had heard the routine before, but none had said they knew Cherba, so this was an interesting turn. Usually he had only come in looking for a job, and since the fellow before him seemed to be doing the same, he assumed it to be the truth.

When Murat procured the coin he leaned in real close. He reaked of spirits, and powerful ones at that, but it was difficult for the half-giant to discern which. Even ladened with as much alcohol as he was, he seemed alert and acute to everything that was happening around him, and his speach didn't suffer. As he got closer, though, it was noticable that one of his eyes, his right one, was actually made of glass. "There are jobs ta be had. See that feller o'er there?" He motioned with his brows. "Don't turn an' lookit him, but he's workin for some nobleman, he comes here to drown in the loss of a woman-friend to a disease of her occupation." It was a more delicate way of saying she had been a prostitute, such was common, even if illegal. "He's lookin' fer muscle to work the gates of his employer's estate, as it were." He nodded and then pulled back to wipe the countertop, though no amount of scrubbing would do much for the motled surface.

Post by Guest »

After giving the coin to the tender, took a sip from the mead and nodded, before he added a small comment to the man. "This is what I call a good ale. My father is right about this place." He stated with a smile. "Muscle, heh? It is a start. Got any idea who his employer is and if that man is an honest one? While you're at it, what is the feller drinking?" With a small wink he indicated that it may be his chance to get to talk to him. Not exactly what I had in mind, but at least it is work and may earn enough to keep myself and the youngster from starving. Suddenly he remembered that they hadn't eaten yet.

"Oh, before I forget, a last thing. What do you have to eat in here? I am rather hungry." He had risen his voice a little on the last sentance, to signal the kid to approach him. Despite the fact that this was not previously agreed on, he hoped the lad would get the point. He seemed intelligent enough however to understand what he was getting at.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Sorry! I've been sick. >_< Back now.

IC:

"I don't care much fer the nobles. Their names tend to fall right outta my head, so no, I don't know who he works for. But, he's an honest enough man, always pays his tab. That's more honest then most." He shrugged. "An like every other time he comes in here, he's drinking whiskey. From Dort."

The spry young boy had gotten himself a seat and was watching Murat, the Tender, and the other patrons. There was a wench moving about the tables, taking orders and gathering tips. Her bountiful chest was all but exposed, especially as she leaned over to pick up a used glass. Maharrem seemed particularly interested in this aspect of her job, and nearly missed Murat's signal.

However, one's stomach seems to be the strongest of callings, so the boy heeded the risen voice and made his way over to the bar where he took a stool near the half-giant. One space remained between the two of them.

"Well, we've got a thick stew, made outta pretty much everything, meat and rice mostly though. Bit of potatoes in there, too." The barkeep said, looking at the muscled half-giant and then the young sprout.

Post by Guest »

Murat nodded to the tender and then began to point out what he wanted. "Prepare a portion for me and give the lad one too, I owe him that for leading me here. I'd also like half a pint of mead for him, which should suffice and not get him drunk. I'll certainly keep my end of the bargain I made with him on the foreigners court." The half giant spoke casually and convincingly, then nodded towards Maharrem.

With that said, he placed the coin for his order on the counter, turned and spoke softly. "I'll be right back."

Slowly, he approached the man that had been pointed out to him and stopped at his table, while still holding his large pint of mead and looking at the man. "You look friendly enough, good man. Would you care to join me in a drink? I have the loss of a fine raptor to wash away. Magnificent animal she was." Murat stated to the man and motioned at the empty seat at the table. "May I?"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Food fer the two of ye. Alright." The barkeep nodded. "And half a pint. I'll get right on it." He hollared back the order into a small window that lead into a kitchen area, or atleast that's what it must've been, if that's where the food was to be coming from. There was a grunt of agreement and then the sound of movement.

Marrahem, glad to be eating, smiled at Murat. He truthfully was starving and his stomach growled audibly. Grinning he put his hand to his belly. "Guess the ol' boy wants that stew real soon. Thanks." He laughed and then looked to the barman who poured him a minature version of what the half-giant's tankard. Mar watched as Murat left, but he paid attention now only to the sounds, trying to not appear as if he were spying.

Watery eyed the bald headed man looked up at Murat and waved a hand aimlessly to the chair, as if ascenting to the question of joining him. "We've all our losses to bear, half-giant, tis the way of the world." He raised his glass. "To loves lost." His voice was low and gravly, the type that one has to pay close attention to, else words are lost in the undercurrent of deep tones. With a soft clink of their cups meeting, the man downed the rest of his beverage. It was strong, and the scent of it wafted over to Murat making his own eyes water as well. "What are you looking for, my tall companion?"

Post by Guest »

Murat took a fairly large swig of the contents of his tankard, then set it down and pondered briefly. "What exactly am I looking for, well, first of all to eat and drink, in honor of the loss of a good companion. It was a rather unfortunate event, which has cost me my job. Not much a man can do without a raptor to ride, if you catch my drift? I can hardly get myself hired as a caravan guard, if I have no mount. It has left me being stuck in Abu Sahir and raptors are costly." He sighed deeply, muttering what looked like a curse for his misfortune.

"You up for another of that brew you are drinking?" He asked the man in front of him. "Drinking alone is no fun either and my tankard isn't empty yet." The half giant nodded to the man and pointed at his cup.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Oh well, there might not be much to do in the desert, but lad, you are in the city now, there are plenty of jobs to be had. Myself, even, I'm looking for a big strong guy to keep watch over the gates at a nice place in the better part of town. Not a place like this." Really, considering this man's employer and the money he had, he didn't belong in a place like the Bad Omen, but it was dark, and it was cheap, and part of him was hoping he might stumble upon the likes of another prostitute to befriend and shower with his money. Such was the life of a man with no family, no friends.

"A strong fellow such as yourself should easily find work in a town of merchants and weak scholars." He nodded at the question of drink. "Yes, another whiskey would be much appreciated." He replied. The barmen noticed nod and Murat's movements, and moved over from the bar with a strange bottle, from which he poured the man's drink, as well as the large earthenware jug to top off Murat's own.

"Enjoy, boys." The bartender said, and then returned to the long counter again, to speak with Mar, or perhaps with the other customer who had taken a seat at the stone face.

The man took a sip of his drink, but didn't so eagerly down it this time. He was trying to keep his mind somewhat clear, as was the best thing to do in the seedier side of town lest you get turned in an alley and left to rot. "So then, what are your talents?"

Post by Guest »

Murat listened carefully about what the man told him and weighed his words before he spoke. "Well, I know how to use my sword and shield, I have a very good memory, I am able to read and write, I know how to fend for myself without the use of arms, and last but not least I am strong of both will and body. If you give me a set of names in the morning, who is allowed to pass the gates and who is not, I will still recall those in the evening and you can rest assured that none other will get by me." He raised his tankard to the man and took a sip of his ale. "Aside from that, I can tell a few tales from my people, for your amusement, as I remembered quite a few of those told around the fires."

The half giant had spoken openly, without exaggerating on his abilities. It was one of the things he disliked, to pose as being better then one is in reality. "Those are my abilities, which to my knowledge can be required to guard a gate. This is what I can offer as my services and if you need more then that, then I would be sorry to tell you that I do not possess the skills you require, but willing to learn if need be. If this is sufficient, then we can talk about wages and housing." The plain honesty with which he spoke was evident enough to show he meant what he had said.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"You can read and write in common?" The man asked with an edge of surprise and maybe some skepticism. "That is quite the talent for one of your kind, I've only known them to speak our language." He nodded, but then sat stalwart and listened to what Murat had to say about what other skills he possessed and even his willingness to learn anything he did not yet know. That meant that he wasn't quite wanting to settle into the regular old position, this half-giant had an eye for increasing in station. Now that was an interesting quality.

"I have to say you seem quite the interesting fellow." He set down his glass and looked at the half-giant with a new appreciation before sticking his hand out. "Sayid is the name." He said. "Sayid Lun`Yara. And I would be happy to employ you."

This journey to the Bad Omen had turned out much better than Sayid could've expected it to have. At best he thought he would get piss drunk, but it seemed instead he had found an excellent resource. "And what about the lad? I noticed the two of you seem to be travelling together."

"As far as payment, it is done by day. We have a small housing area on the estate for our guards who would like to stay there if you are interested. Most of our men live elsewhere in their own homes they've purchased. Starting pay is minimal, just enough to cover your room and board with some left over for your own private investing or spending. If you prove to be as good as you say you are, then in no time I could see you making very decent wages." He took a sip of his drink and looked at Murat, waiting for his reply.

Post by Guest »

Murat grinned and took the man's hand in his, careful not to apply too much strength as he grabbed hold, then shook it gently. "I am Murat Dorovar, son of Cherba. I'm looking forward to be working for you. The lad is with me and if you have a spare bunk and food for him, he might prove to be useful. For as far as I can tell, he grew up in the streets of Abu Sahir and could do well as a messenger, as well as aiding me to increase the safety of the estate. As for your question, Sayid, I can indeed write in the common language."

For a moment he paused and seemed to think for a bit, then nodded and spoke again. "Minimum wage at start is reasonable, until I either prove my value or climb up in rank amongst those already present in your employment. That counts for the lad as well, I presume, should he accept a position amongst your employees?"

The half giant turned his head towards the lad and spoke to him. "Maharrem, come sit at this table and bring your food with you." With a nod to the tender, he indicated that he was ready to receive his own meal.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"If he can be trusted, then he is welcome to join our ranks." Sayid said cheerfully. It seemed this transaction had brought much of a change in his demeanor. "But until a job really turns up for him to do, he won't get paid. Messengers are given pay per job. He is welcome to stay in the housing on the estate as well, there is plenty of room."

Maharrem looked over from the bar and brought his bowl of thick stew along. He had already engulfed half of the meal in the short amount of time since Murat left his company. The tender saw the half-giant's nod, and brought over a bowl full of the heavy soup and a roll of bread with butter. "Here ya are."

The young lad sat down at looked between the two men. "Hi." He said to what would be his new employer. "Maharrem's the name." He offered his own small hand which Sayid shook as he responded with his own title. The exchanged a nod and then the boy looked at Murat. "It's good food. Thanks." He dipped his bread in the sauce and continued eatting.

"You purchased a meal for the boy after having just met him? I do say you are just the sort of man we need around the estate!" He laughed and took another sip of the liquor to finish his glass. Looking at Maha he took on a more professional tone. "So, this man vouches for you being a good messenger, is that true?" The boy nodded silently as he chewed. "Alright, then you know where the Barsanke Estate is?"

Coughing as if chocking the lad's eyes widened as he washed down the bite with a bit of mead. "Yes sir! I sure do, it's one of the nicest places around!"

"Alright, alright, keep your voice down. Why don't you bring your friend by there bright and early tomorrow morning for a tour of your duties and the layout of the property. I'll meet you at the front gate.. at say... four marks before tradetide." He nodded and then stood. "I need to be returning to my own home about now, enjoy your meals and have a good night's rest."

Post by Guest »

Murat rose to his feet at a split second later then Sayid did, made a short bow and spoke calmly. "I thank you and wish the same to you, Sir. May your sleep be restful and envigorating. We'll be there at the required hour."

Then, as their future employer moved for the door, the half giant sat again and took a glance at the tender, before he nodded to the man.

Not awaiting the acknowledgement of the tender, Murat turned his focus onto Maharrem and grinned. "You and I will have a talk over dinner, young man. I will need you to give me some more detail about what we are about to do, more precisely about the estate we just got hired onto. After that, we'll need a place to sleep for the night, which I assume we can get here as well?" The large man took another sip of his mead and set the tankard down on the table.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Well, what we are about to do is that you get to stand outside of really nice gates and make sure no one gets in. Mostly to make sure that no one hurts the head of the household Barsanke. He's an old guy, really eccentric? Is that the word? He's weird anyway." Maharrem shrugged. "And he's scared of people getting into his house, so he built this huge wall around the whole property. Now, that's not sooo weird, because most everyone has walls, but these are tall, with metal spikes." The young man's brows raised here, to punctuate the image. "Jagged and sharp, to prevent intruders."

"There are two ways into the place though. One is through the main entrance that dignified guests take to visit the coot. The other is the servants' entrance.. ya know, cooks, maids, cobblers." He laughed. "Who ever he's hiring these days."

"There are rooms here, yah. And it's sure better than sleeping on the streets, I know that." He nodded. "Pretty cheap, too." Maharrem took another few bites of his stew as Murat's bowl sent up waves of inviting aromas. "You know what though? That group I was telling you about, before.. with the snakes and the dragon and all of that, well, they sort of took me in. I think they might be mad if I say I'm going to leave. What should I do?"

Post by Guest »

Murat looked at the young man and shook his head gently. Between a few bites of his stew, the half giant started to explain how he viewed the matter. "Maharrem, if these folks that took you in care about you, as you explain that you have the opportunity to work on an estate without telling which, then they would let you go. If they do not, it means they have no regard for your well-being whatsoever and would thus not be the kind of people you would wish to waste your time on. Depriving someone of a good opportunity to move ahead, just because they do not wish him to leave, is not something that would make them popular."

He took another couple of bites to eat and continued to talk, as a thought hit him. "If they rfuse to let you go, I can always go talk to them, demanding your freedom in return for the information about the dragon." Murat winked slowly and grinned. "I think they would bite at that bait, don't you?"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Yeah, that's all well and good, Murat, but seriously, these guys don't mess around. They took me off the street, they gave me a place to live, I made certain promises, you know?" He looked at the half-giant, his golden eyes gleaming. "I don't want to go back on my word, but this is a better chance for me I think. Chance for me to do something with my life."

For a few burns he ate his food, not speaking, but as he washed down a bite with his mead he spoke up again. "And that's a good offer, to go in and speak with them, but I'm no child. I can do it on my own. I do appreciate it though, and the job... and the food." He smiled sheepishly, and for a flicker he did appear more childlike.

"The thing is, I don't know anyone who has gotten out alive." He sighed and ate another bite of his food. "We should go to the Market, see who's around, it'll give you something to do, and I can go find the guys, and tell them that I found something else, and if they don't like it, I'll say I have a lead on a dragon. Maybe that'll hold them off for a while." He shrugged.

Post by Guest »

Murat finished the last of his stew and washed it down with what was left in the tankard. Setting the tankard down, he looked at the young lad and smiled. "I think it would be a good start, Maharrem, make something of your life. Should they really not want you to 'get out', then you can lead them to me. I'll tell them where I saw the creature and where it was heading."

Slowly he extended the large hand to the youngster again. "Market? At this hour?" He scratched his head briefly, then rose and payed what he owed to the tender, while enquiring for a room for the night. "Sure, why not. Anything worth taking a peek at on this market, Maharrem?"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Yeah, it's the Gravetide Market. Mostly for slaves, they get a chance to go mingle with their family and friends and the Amunic Simbahan is open basically just for them to make their prayers to Anasis and Uphuron. It's funny.. for people who are owned by someone, they have a lot of faith in the gods. Seems like they would loose that." Maha shrugged.

The bartender took the money and offered back the change for the total cost of a room. He said there was indeed a room available, but that the young fellow would have to sleep on a cot, there were no rooms with two bedrooms. Maharrem had no problem with that, it was a good deal better than sleeping on the streets, and that he had gotten used to.

"Oh, there's all sorts of things to see at the Market, yeah. Lots of wares, but most of the shops that are open are food. If you want something good I suggest going to Nabob's, even if just to try a sandwhich. They are awesome." He grinned. "Even if you don't want food though, he's a great guy to meet, and there are usually tons of people around his stall."

OOC: Continued on at the Gravetide Market!

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”