The Bad Omen -- Tavern (Samheen 21st, TT)

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

OOC: *salutes* Yes Cap'n Ash. But you know, it's hard to extend very far because I'm not familiar with the setting... *cooes to self* it will come in time my pretties...

IC: Ari cringed slightly at the drunk's call, but maintained her current pace. She swept through the tavern, trying not to fidget under the stares. Ari stared at the man in all of his ruffles and gave him a warm smile.

She handed over her bag at the request of the sailor; a little loathe to be handing over her possessions. Ari did not take the man's arm, for she was not one to be waited on. The former bar tender wanted to do things her way, starting now, and that meant to hell with propriety (except in special cases).

Ari admired the man's clothes. They were bright, colorful, exotic, and in some way, fit him perfectly. He looked like something out of a story, with his long silky locks billowing down his back, his nice, big hat, and his feather. A really pretty feather it was too.

Ari ignored Ramek's last words. She was done with him; he held no sway over her anymore. With one last look around the tavern, Ari heaved a sigh. Not of regret, but of letting go, of freedom. She felt the shackles of her slavery at last crumble from their weak hold.

The heat pressed around on Ari, but she found it refreshing after her ordeal, and because of her tolerance with it on her ride through the desert. She looked up at the man in the ruffles as he cleared his throat, and watched him bow, following his feather’s progress with her eyes.

He’s pretty. Was the first thought that came to her mind, oddly enough. The second thought was, He seems noble and strong. Of course, these were first impressions, and first impressions have a habit of being wrong. She smiled at Laec in return and introduced herself, “Ari Tyto, it is a pleasure to meet you.” She gave a sort of half bow, half curtsey in exchange.

"I do not wish to be rude, but but if I may get my horse?" Ari querried, wanting to make sure that Sands was out of the stables as soon as possible. I have to get Sands out of that filthy bastard's stable.

OOC: That is more of what you're looking for, right?
Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

OOC: YES! That is very much what I was looking for. You don't have to be familiar with the setting, but with your character. She's the think that you need to describe in dept; the way she walks, the tone of her voice, and how she moves through the environment. I'll do the rest...

IC:

The sailor who took her pack gave an uneven smile that displayed crooked teeth and large gaps. He slung it over his shoulder and started to walk off, if one could call it walking. Infact, he sort of limped, and each other step he made was louder, as if his right leg weren't a leg at all. He made relatively good progress however, he didn't seem much slowed down by it.

In contrast, Laec nearly glided across the dirty floor. He was unphased by his surroundings, or the many eyes that followed his every movement. (Perhaps he was used to it?) Once they left the tavern, sounds erupted. Voices speaking of the people who had come and gone, and of Ari departing under such circumstances with the mysterious men.

"The pleasure, I assure you, is mine alone." He paused and smiled. "Describe your beast to Buket, and he'll get it." His dark sapphire eyes never left those of the young woman and waited for her to tell an eager sailor of her horse. "If I may be so bold.. would you, perchance, be interested in dining with me this evening on my ship? We've just made landfall here in Amun Rah which is why we chose to dine in one of the local establishments. I've since changed my mind." He glanced back to the Bad Omen. "There are plenty of supplies aboard, and your company would be most welcome."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: I was going to post several times earlier this week but I was side-tracked. But wow ... it took me months to get here... and now I have to skip what I'm sure will be infinitely more interesting than what I just rped... :P

IC: The whispers rose in pitch, and Ari thought with amusement, They'll probably think that we're sleeping together, or something ... She suppressed a smile.

"I'd rather get him myself, if you don't mind." Ari replied cooly. Not waiting for an answer, she strode off to the stables, not to have men wait on her all the time.

When she reached the stables, she realized that the they would be the place she missed the most. Inhaling the horse smell, she walked down to Sands, who was munching on feed. He nickered in greeting, and Ari stepped forward, running her hands over his star. "Hey boy, we're getting out of here.

Ari slipped into the stall, and put a blanket on his back. Good thing I left his tack in here, she thought. Otherwise I'd have to search the tack room, delaying me longer.

As the former waitress worked with Sands's tack, she thought over her current situation. Where will I go? Ari had no home, she could think of no one who would take her in. More importantly, what will I do now? Before she could finish mulling over that one, she was finished.

Thinking ahead, she sneaked some food out of the feed room before leading Sands out of his stall. With a last sad look around the stable, she led her horse over to where Laec was, and answered his next question.

"I would be happy to dine with you tonight." She flashed him a pearly smile.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Good to see you got around to posting though. :)

IC:

The captain smiled as she strode off to collect her own horse. Quite firey. Yes indeed. "Quite the lass, cap'n." One of the men said once she was out of earshot. "Can't believe that you found her just sitting there in such a place." He shook his head in shock. "I mean, you think a girl like that would stick around? You know the fellas would love a turn at her."

"Buket, you don't speak of a lady like that. You know the rules of the Rose. You know our rules, and you know mine to boot. So let's just be letting that thought pass, got it, lest you be wanting of some lashings."

Buket shook his head violently. He had seen plenty of lashings, but not many at the hand of Laec, and it was a hand he'd rather not recieve more lashings of. "Oh, here she comes cap'n." Buket hushed.<hr> "M'lady rides an impressive mount." Laec complimented as he looked at Sands and then back to Ari. "But that makes perfect sense. One wouldn't want a beauty such as yourself to have a less than worthy horse." He lifted a slender hand, one uncalloused by work, and let Sands sniff at him before he rubbed the stallion's muzzle. "And sweet, as well." Captain Devissir smiled and then returned his deep blue eyes to the young woman. "Now, I know you'd rather not relinquish your animal, but perhaps you'd let Buket take him to the ship, and start a meal, while the two of us walk?"
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

OOC: Yeah, geometry is a killer. :P (Oh gosh! I just realized what would happen if I added an "a" to the word "rped". Weird what comes to mind at such odd times.)

IC: Ari walked towards the men, and saw they were talking. Though when they noticed her, they stopped abruptly. I wonder what they were talking about? She asked herself, but brushed it off. It probably wasn't anything important anyways...

Still, the other part of her mind argued. It's better to know completely useless things, and be armed with knowledge than to be completely oblivous to the world around you. Ari had to agree with the other part of her mind, and stopped from answering just in time. Talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity, but as long as you don't answer yourself, you're okay.

She stopped in front of Laec and looked up at Sands. He looked so regal at this time of day. His dark chocolate eyes were framed by thick, dark lashes, and his mane and tail were black as pitch, and swished slowly to ward off flies. His coat however, was a beautiful light shade; he was a bay. Ari let her hand slide down Sands's neck, and felt the muscle twitch underneath.

Ah, Sands... She thought, and right before she let her hand slide off, she thought she felt a deep sense of love, completely alien, and yet familiar, touch her mind. Before she could analyze it further though, it was gone, and Laec was talking.

"Thank you." Ari replied graciously for the both of them. He sure knows how to compliment a lady. The other part of her mind offered. If her mind had a face, she was sure it would be smiling smugly right about now. She forced her mind back to the situation at hand. Concentrate Ari.

Ari rested her hand on Sands's whithers, thinking over what Laec had just said. It was a gracious offer to be sure ... she was positive that it would be impudent of her to refuse, so with a sigh Ari answered, "Yes, yes, that would be all right."

She handed the reins over to "Buket", but couldn't help saying, "He likes carrots the best."

OOC: Laec is going to turn out to be this ... wizard likes to be the dealer when playing strip polker, isn't he? Is there strip polker (or monopoly) in Tazlure? ( :lol: Buket ...)
Last edited by Guest on Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Buket grinned a lopsided sort of grin, missing of many teeth, and took the reigns gently. His other hand reached out for the bag of grain which he carried. He quickly handed it over to the other sailor who was with him, the one who hadn't been named, the one who had been most quiet during their conversation. He watched the couple with idle curiosity.

"Have a good walk, cap'n." Said Buket as he started to lead the creature away, and as he went, it seemed as if he knew how to manuever such a fine animal, what with the soft clicking noise he made in his mouth, a noise that soothed Sands and made for him to trot along quite calmly.

Laec Devissir offered his hand for Ari to take, again, and hoped this time she would actually take it. It was difficult to walk alongside a woman and not keep her hand on his arm. Somehow, it seemed odd and wrong. No respectable man looked good with a woman that was too independent. Especially a captain of a fine ship like his.

"Lady Ari, I must ask, why did you work at such a place as that? What ever would make a woman so desperate? Haven't you a man to take care of your needs?" His dark blue eyes looked forward as he spoke, though it was obvious to whom he spoke to. For his question, though she did not realize it, was more about finding out whether she were claimed. She wore no ring, but in some places in the world those ceremonies were unheard of. He didn't know about the handfasting of Amun Rah.

Post by Guest »

OOC: I'm sorry I haven't been able to post or tell you I couldn't post or anything. Something came up and ... my grandparents porbably aren't going to hold out much longer. Instead of a Christmas present from us, they want us to pray the rosary for them. I couldn't imagine life without them...

IC: Ari watched Buket and Sands go, knowing that Sands was in good hands; thus, feeling content. Her calm was broken when Laec offered her his arm. Once again, she felt that she should at least let him have her arm, he was obviously uncomfortable without her acting as "ladies should." Ari at least owed him comfort. With an inward sigh she relectuantly placed her hand on him.

"Lady Ari, I must ask, why did you work at such a place as that? What ever would make a woman so desperate? Haven't you a man to take care of your needs?" Laec asked after a while.

Ari was silent a moment, thinking. How could she explain what she had felt? No, I couldn't, she thought. "I don't have anyone." She said evenly, answering his last question first. The former barmaid paused for a moment, considering her next answer. "I needed that job. It pays well enough, and no one else would have me."

Ari considered the butterfly fluttering ahead, keeping her eyes averted from Laec. She'd rather have this conversation steered away from trecherous waters, she decided swiftly. "So what do you do?" asked Ari politely. He did some sailing, that much was obvious, but Ari was curious as to what he did really.
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Post by Aislinn O`Conaill »

OOC: So sorry to hear about your family, I understand that it is difficult when our older relatives ... well .. grow older.
<hr width="25%">
IC:
The outdoors roiled with the heavy mid-day heat, the stones of the street hidden beneath the shimmering of watery mirages. There was an underlying disbelief in the eyes cast down at her, the brim of his hat shading his face from the bright sun. The dark blue of his gaze was piercing, intent for a brief moment before he gazed nonchalantly ahead.

"No one wanted you? I can hardly attribute that to truth! A Lady such as yourself has inestimable worth, and dark the day when such fools forget it." Content that she was unattached, he lay his other hand atop hers where it settled on his sleeve. The warmth of his hand rested there only briefly, the smooth skin of his fingers protective for that instant before falling back to his side.

As they walked, the unkempt street on which the Bad Omen squatted gave way to wider stones and cleaner shops. A tantalizing breeze, brief, hot and faintly scented by fish and salt, caressed whatever bared skin she displayed.

"What don't I do, might be a better question." One half of his perfectly formed mouth curved in a faint smile, his voice smooth and well-versed in the topic. "My trade is the sea, and what it can convey from one port to another - exotic spices, jewels... and all such that man... or woman.. might desire." Eyes followed the pair curiously, Ari bearing the brunt of a few jealous glares before those they passed cast covetous glances at her handsome companion. He tilted his head slightly, conspiratorially. "Perhaps we can find something, a memento to commemorate your freedom from that boorish barkeep, something to take home to your family..."

The raucous cry of seabirds, barely heard by the Tavern, was slowly growing louder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzxche

theoriginalcousinit@yahoo.com

Post by Guest »

OOC: 'ello my temporary mod, me thanks for your sympathy.

Ari was almost embarrassed by his outrage. Almost. He clearly didn't know what she was like. No one had wanted her for work. No one would pay her much, except for Ramek.

Ramek. A boiling rage bubbled forth within her, but Ari held it in check. She couldn't be losing control. Not here, not now. She felt the breeze on her skin and smelled the scent of the sea. It calmed her slightly; all her life she had smelled that smell. A smell that was quelled by the stench of the Bad Omen.

She placed a hand over her heart, as though expecting to find a whole where her chains had burst forth. When she had been released as a slave, she had been slightly scared at the prospect of freedom, and had gone from one owner to Ramek. Ramek was not freedom. This was. She, Arianna Niak Tyto, was finally free of the chains of her past.

"What don't I do, might be a better question. My trade is the sea, and what it can convey from one port to another - exotic spices, jewels... and all such that man... or woman.. might desire." Ari noticed the jealous eyes on her and glared at them. She was not with laec! She barely knew his name! "Perhaps we can find something, a memento to commemorate your freedom from that boorish barkeep, something to take home to your family..."

The passionate rage wasn't as strong this time. "I don't have a family. When I said I didn't have anyone, I meant anyone." Ari shot back at him. She knew that it wasn't his fault, and that he didn't know, but she didn't care. It was all too much for her to keep bottled up inside. She felt as if the tide was carrying her gently but surely away from shore. Ari wasn't afraid, but was irritated though she hid it.
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Post by Aislinn O`Conaill »

The lovely young woman's irritation was apparent to Laec's alert blue orbs, but he did not seem particularily perturbed. Instead, he graced her with one of those small smiles, an attempt to soothe her rumpled spirit.

"Come now, Lady Ari, forgive me... I meant only to be conversational, and to perhaps find an excuse to bestow some small gift to you..." he paused as they crossed an intersection, and a heavy waft of fish-scented air swept by them, trailing after a small cart. "Ah.. we are almost there..."

"I myself have no blood relations of note," his expression changed little, it seemed this was a tragedy that did not concern him. "I find my crew much more appreciative and steadfast than family might be, but I suppose that comes from having to live day after day in their company."

They were nearing the docks now, and the slightly raucous sound of sailors at work (and a few at play) could now be heard, if ever so faintly.

"Tell me, Lady Ari, what plans have you, now that you leave the evils of barkeeping behind you?"

OOC: Please continue in <a href="https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?p=150606">this</a> thread after your next post tieing things up here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzxche

theoriginalcousinit@yahoo.com

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”