Stormchasers - Jygust 31st, MT ~ Syra, Gavin

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Stormchasers - Jygust 31st, MT ~ Syra, Gavin

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn blinked her eyes and looked back over her shoulder at the gates.

"Damn! I was SURE we were gonna get it!" She giggled and stomped Gavin in the shoulder. "NICE answers, mister, nice answers. I gotta hand it to ya: yer brains gotta be as big as ya look."

The girl flexed her shoulder, trying to relax them as she looked around her birthtown. Things were much the same, yet the atmosphere was much more tense.

Waitin fer the storm to hit..woohoo, we're stormchasers these days!

She tucked her citypass safely away, determined not to let it rot, blow away, wash out or otherwise find it's way into the sewers this time. "Now, I'm pretty sure that stayin over at m'parent's place ain't gonna work out...I don't even know if they're gonna faint or yell, heh..." The youngster kept her voice light. "So I suggest findin a spot to camp out...ya know, freshen up, drink up, stuff like that."

Now, with her being the ex-resident of the capital city, the girl was quite ready to take charge and find the right spot. This was her home turf, even if she'd left under less than ideal circumstances.

"Whatcha reckon? Plan?" Her hand was never far from her belongings, knowing quite well how easily one's purse was lifted in these streets.

Hah, grabbed a few of my own back in the days. Wonder if I still got it...Subconsciously her eyes wandered off towards the people and what they were wearing.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

At her words, [b]Gavin glanced back where the soldiers still huddled around the gate and chuckled, shaking his head. “Nah, they were just being assholes for some reason. Just can’t show them you are scared.” Then with an elbow jab into the side he added. “And what do you mean, big as I look? You saying I got a big head?” He winked and was ready do dodge the retaliatory poke and then pondered the plan, or the lack of one. “I think we ought to find ourselves a nice inn and get a room, and leave the stuff we don’t need to lug around. Then we go find some less fancy inn and get a few drinks. Get a whiff of rumors. Then we look for someone who can tell us a bit about your folks. Where they are how they are doing.” Then with an impish grin he added. “Heck, we might even go to harbor and see what made the close it. Maybe they had a boat cra......” He paused and shook his head. “Then again we might want to steer clear of it. At least until we know more.” Pausing at an intersection he glanced each way and then turned full circle. “So seems like we can either ask or pick your memory for a good place to get us a room. Someplace with nice soft beds and good food. I could do with a nice big meal.”
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"Hanging at Sinner's Square! HANGING AT SINNER'S SQUARE!" A town crier announced the news. The city itself was busy with early morning deeds as people bustled from one area to the next. "A pirate takes a long drop and a short stop! Fifteen burns til a HANGING in SINNER'S SQUARE."

A priest dressed in the garb of the One announced some manner of sermon, but his voice was over-run with the chaos around him, particularly that of the crier. He did managed to get on about something the church was doing that would forgive mankind of all their sins, but he wasn't overly descriptive on the details of what one needed to do.

As far as pubs went, the two Syra would be most likely to recall were The Laughing King and the Dragon's Den. The Laughing King was about halfway down the Avenue of Trade (making it a good-deal closer) while the Den was almost on the harbor itself. It's floating terrace gave a nice view of the bay of King's Court, as well as the happenings there. There were, of course, a myriad of other pubs, bars and brothels that served liquor - but the pair would have to hunt out such haunts.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn made a face as the cier sent out the news with a blackened sense of humour. "Another thing I don't remember..." She mumbled, wondering what else she had forgotten or simply never noticed about her home town.

"I'd say the Den. Nicely outta the way." The girl decided on the spot. "With the harbour closed it might get us some gossip or at least a good ale. Besides, i dunno if I wanna be in the thick of it with...hangin's an stuff."

Instinctively she quickened her pace. "An we don't do boat crashes anymore, kay?" She lifted a warning finger to the bearded man next to her. "No friggin fruitfly is gonna convince me that anythin is worth travellin to nowhen an back fer anymore. Pretty sure the Dragon's Den serves something eddible, even fer yer appetite."

Syra put on a smile, not feeling very secure in the streets right now. She needed to feel a wall against her back to just have a moment and scout things out instead of being overrun by new impressions that should have been familiar.

I've been out of it fer a long time...whew...was I ever in it?

Her eyes kept roaming around, hand safely on her belongings as she headed for the Den.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The hanging brought back memories, some of which Gavin truly wished to forget, but knew that he would hate himself if he did. Memories of a person he held dear once and who turned out to be nothing more than a fiend hiding behind a beautiful mask. His hero. His dad. His ultimate prey. His gaze blurred and sounds drifted and melted into a soft buzz inside his head, causing the tall warrior to snap out of it suddenly and turn to look into Syrawenn with a confused look on his face. “Hmmmmm?” Mind was slowly catching up and a flicker later deciphered the buzz into words and registered them on his mind. “Den, you say? Sounds fine. And I don’t think I want to see a man hanged. Don’t feel right. A judgment like that is serious. If he is to die the man who made the sentence should do the task.” He shifted and glanced down both ways. “Be responsible for it all the way. Don’t think it’ll happen here. So….. Lead the way and let us find us a safe spot to set stuff down and then see about finding your family.”
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Gavin's response was a little too far out for the girl not to notice. With a frown she turned to the bearded man.

"Miles away, weren't ya..." His words about the hanging drew a shiver over her spine. "Ya okay? No...never mind. In the middle of the streets, not gonna expect an honest answer to that one, heh. Come on. I'll get ya to safety."

With a somewhat forced gaiety the girl pulled him towards the Den. She felt torn between looking around and trying to not exist. The latter was what she had taught herself in this city, not existing as to prevent getting into trouble. Yet the former was the habit she had picked up afterwards and it had proven to be much, much more useful.

Oh well, can't hurt to have an idea of where to run, heh.Besides, don't wanna blow the fun before I think it's time.

Her eyes kept darting over the street as the girl convinced herself she was not hiding from anyone, but just making sure she wasn't seen prematurely by the wrong people.

"Findin em is not so hard. I got the adress. Kinda went to see em last time around when I kinda sorta accidentily ended up here. But I didn't go in. They's busy an all that. Ya know. With stuff. So...but yea....now I'm ready. I wanna see em. Just talk. Tha's all."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: You guys can continue onto The Dragon's Den whenever you'd like.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Had it been anyone else that saw him in his moment of weakness the bearded warrior would have been angry, but the girl at his side was trusted and entitled to see everything and know him fully, even though he would not reveal what exactly caused him to drift away, unless asked directly. “Yeah, kinda. Sorry, this thing reminded me of something I saw a while ago, and it ain’t good memories.” He followed, taking in the sights, but more importantly memorizing the pathways and passages, linking them to the sights he had seen and visited during his previous visit a couple of months ago. “I think it best if we observe them a bit first. You been away for too long, things might have changed since then. Best if we know the situation before going in.” Pausing he grinned before adding. “Like a bar-fight. You hear a ruckus and you don’t just barge in. You peek first, see who is winning and how many there are and how big they are and then go in and kick, bite and scratch. Safer that way.” Nodding, he mockingly made a serious face and let the thoughts of his father and the execution about to take part slip from his mind.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

His reaction boosted her confidence. Even if it meant something was bothering the guy, it also meant she had been right. And if she had been right, it meant she wasn't so terribly bad at reading people after all.

It was a bit of silly reasoning, but it worked. Yet his next remark got her on her toes after all: "Whaddayamean NOT barge in?" The youngster blinked her eyes, then was remembered of the interesting cardgame some time back that turned into a full blown brawl.
And of the fact that the man had not been alone.
And the fact she had not noticed that until it had been too late.

Well, almost. I kicked em good.
Hah.
Damn, that felt good.

"Okay, okay, never mind that. Heh, yer right. I know. I should know better an all that stuff. But ya know, stuff just...happens." It almost sounded apologetic and she swiftly added: "But about the town, yeah, stuff is changin an I'm not sure if know exactly what it is. So, we'll just grab a bite an hope at least THAT place did not change too much, kay?"

And with that remark the first promising whiff of food drifted her way, evoking a wide smile. "Oh I don't think they changed too much..."

ooc
Done here as far as I'm concerned :) moving to the Den.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

No skills awarded.

Return to “KC Archive”