Rogue: The Gilded Gates ~ Entrance Thread

Moderator: Mods

Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Ramakan was almost nodding off when the gate sprung to life again. He jerked his head up and stood at full attention. They had been given notice that the Baron of Brie was passing through and it would not do to let the man see him shirk his duties! After all, his cousin in the second degree from his mother's side lived in Brie.

Standing straight, he saluted the first person to step through. "At your service, lord!"

An offended woman looked him straight in the face, her long, black hair waving around in the last crackling energies of the portal. "Pardon?" She inquired in an accented voice.

Not the lord! You idiot! "Uh...Uh...lady. I mean lady. At your service, lady!" The blond guard tried to make up for his stupidity while his colleague was having a hard time not rolling over in helpless laughter.

The portal crackled again and Sebastian, baron of Brie, moved through in one piece. While poor Ramakan was working on saving face with the lady, his colleague got the honour of the first salute and pointing him to the Gilded Gates.

Ramakan sighed, watching Sebastian go. There went another chance at promotion down the drain...or through the gates in this case.

The cue was almost nonexistant and by the time the baron got to the gates, he was first in line. Two young boys were playing near the gates, one impersonating some authority or another and the other trying to fool him time and time again. It was an old game, one played by puppets as well as by children. Somehow most grown ups did not realize that most of their life was filled by actions very similar to this kids' game.

"N..." Started the Roque, wanting to ask for his name when Sebastian interrupted him and gave it without hesitation. "Ah, good, welcome to Roque, lord. I can see you are in a hurry. You just missed King Balthasar, though. You'll have to make do with his clerks. Move through the gates, take a left. Take the second main road to your right and move along until you get to the inner walls. Move left through the inner gates again and you will find the Administration in the last corner of the wal. Sign here, please. NEXT!"

"Hey! Not fair!" A young voice protested behind him. "How come he gets through without questions and I have to explain everything every time!"

"Cause we got your name on the red file and he's a blimmin BARON! That's why!" The guard glared and moved on with his business.

ooc
You are obviously free to start your thread inside :) Enjoy the walk!
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

Post by Sebastian Beauvais »

"Thank you kindly," nodded Sebastian to the gate warder. "I had not even realized the King was present, so I suppose it's no worse than I had anticipated. Perhaps next time. May the Light illuminate your path."

As Sebastian prepared to head off into the city he couldn't help but overhear the exchange between the guard and the young lad outside the gates. A chuckle bubbled up out of the young baron, and he glanced back over his shoulder at the boy.

"I wasn't always a baron, lad," he called out. "Mind yourself and keep a sharp wit and soon you'll be walking through gates too," he winked, and then strode off to see what Roque held in store for him.
[color=orange]Avatar courtesy of Tazlure's own, the incredible Finley Ward![/color]

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”