The Lost Elf Inn ~ 23rd of Chyril TT

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

The Lost Elf Inn ~ 23rd of Chyril TT

Post by Hastarl Ras'diath »

The Lost Elf Inn was typical of the inns in the adhiel quarter. From the outside it looked like any other house along the street; all that made it stand out was a sign over the door.

Upon entering the visitor would walk straight into the common room. At the far end was a small bar, and behind it was a young elfess serving. Scattered about were a few small tables, a few taken by what was probably the normal evening's clientele.

On the right of the bar a set of steps led up to the next floor. Above the entrance to the staircase was a simple sign in adhiel and human: "Rest Here". It obviously led to the rooms to rent.

A sign on the wall, again in adhiel and human, gave the prices.

5 banner per night. See behind the bar.

Last night had been one of a kind. The ending of Hart and the fight was an experience seen. The king being thrown over. Hastarl had taken the coach and it took him to the edge of the Elven quarter, where he walked the rest of the way. He wasn't afraid of being attacked here, and it was only a short walk, although he would not have been able to defend himself if it came to another fight. He had had enough of that at The Punt Den, still feeling the pain in chest and head. He still couldn't believe his luck. He had fought against the winning side and still survived.

However, this had put a mark on him. Burns before he were to know what would happen to him afterwards he had sent a small prayer to Krynsathis, god of luck. He had never really spoken of this as it were clear what sort of followers his deities would attract, which would do him no good.

Finally he had arrived at his home. After the expulsion a lot of the houses were left empty and when Hastarl came back from the war he had moved into one of those, but still checking wether the previous owners had any chance of coming back. It was well situated at the edge of the Quarter, so he could get relatively unnoticed in and out when he wanted to. When he got inside he had already forgotten his devotion-for-a-flicker. His head was filled with a lot of other thoughts. E.g. why he was sent to Lost Elf Inn. If he had been able to think clear he might have known.

That night he slept awfully and never more than 2 marks at a time, continuing to wake up and falling to sleep. The pain in the head and chest made him lie badly. He slept like that quite a few marks into morningtide and after he'd gotten out of bed he sat down to rethink last night. It was then he remembered Niccolos request. Not feeling quiet well after the troubled night he rested the remaining tide before heading towards the Lost Elf Inn.

Hastarl entered the inn wearing some fresh clothes instead of those with blood on them. Not really aware of what to do he went to the bar. "Namaste. A bit of ale if you would be so kind." He laid the payment on the desk and scanned the inn while waiting for the drink.
[i]"Abandon the Search for Truth... Settle for a Good Fantasy"[/i]

Quote [url=http://www.rpggateway.com]RPGGateway[/url]
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

The bartender grunted and a burn later, a pint of foaming brown ale slid across the counter towards Hastarl.

"That'll be a banner." The barkeep eyed the blond adhiel over, taking in his watchful pose.

"Looking for someone?" he asked casually.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

The adhiel gave a wry smile as he realized the obviousness of his scanning of the room. To the bartender he replied in adhiel: "No one in particular. Just an old habit."

And it was indeed a habit he had taken to him since his arrival at the Mouth. For a while Hastarl had been scanning almost each room he entered. He never knew what he has looking for but he felt it was a good idea to know the room you were in. One can never be too safe.

Standing in his own thoughts for a flicker he took a gulp of the ale. Being in an inn once again brought back the pictures from the Den last night and he remembered Niccollo's request.

"A quiet tide I gather, at least compared to the Den last night," he said knowingly, presuming it was widely known already.
Last edited by Hastarl Ras'diath on Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Bit of an odd fellow, this one, drinking alone, the bartender thought to himself. He hadn't come for food, hadn't come to see anyone, and he obviously wasn't new in town if he knew already what had happened at the Den. He wasn't one of Black Heart's, and he didn't seem to be looking for a job either.

It was very odd indeed.

"Had some excitement earlier in the tide," he said to Hastarl in a rambling manner and poured himself a drink. "Three ninadhiel walked into the bar, like some kind of bad joke. Never seen the likes of it. But no, nothing like what went down at the Den." Leaning on the counter, as though he had nothing else to do but stand around and gossip, he raised his glass at the Taquari.

"The King of Southbridge is dead. Long live the King," he said sardonically and drained half the glass in one fluid motion. "Ibh aidheann sal, acha*, we will see some interesting times ahead. You heard anything about the new operator yet?"

*Know this, brother.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

Hastarl was not surprised at all to hear that a few humans had made their way to the inn. After all it was the ULT who planned to expand their territory. "Interesting times indeed," he said thoughtfully concerned what this event might bring in the future.

Hart was broken and dead and he had lost quite a few good men with him which the bartender obviously knew too. Who would follow him would be interesting. If niccolo would let one to do so. "I'm afraid you'll be seing quite a bit more of these ninadhiel." He took a gulp of his ale and his thoughts sort of came clearer to him now.

Hastarl leaned a bit towards the bartender and lowered his voice a bit. "What I find more interesting is wether or not a Simaldi will be able to find a replacement for Hart. Or even more interesting Niccolo will allow one to settle. He has quite a lot of power at the moment. Him and the Union."

With a look to each side Hastarl leaned closer towards the bartender and said: "If I were you I would increase my standing with him. It might pay back in the later on." He then leaned back and took another gulp.

Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

"Oh?"

Any trace of expression on the bartender's face was quickly wiped away by what he was hearing. As far as he could tell, Hastarl had far too much interest in the goings-on of the World's Mouth underworld not to be involved in it himself. He wasn't known to the locals at the pub, which meant that he was either a freelancer or he worked for one of the other factions.

Some of what he said suggested that he might be under orders from Niccolo Alvero himself, while other comments suggested that he was as much in the dark about the ULT director's intentions as anyone else.

The barkeep elected to proceed carefully until he could be sure.

"He's never been interested in the West End before," he replied to Hastarl with a shrug. "What makes you think he wants anything from us now?"

Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

The bartender's sudden change of expression caught Hastarl unaware, but he tried not to show it. Instead he leaned forward again and tried to soften up his rather radical statement.

"Well he did slay Hart. At the moment he is in control of The Punt Den and probably most of Southbridge. Who knows wether he wants to expand. West End might be next and then it would be helpful to have shown your nice side to him already."

honestly Hastarl didn't know wether Niccolo had plans on moving towards West End or this inn at all but the ways of this man suggested to Hastarl that it could be a possibility. It might not be close at all to the way the Den was cleared. Hastarl was sure the ULT-director could more subtle than so. No one could be sure to be untouched by the ULT.

Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

So, he isn't a Union heavy. At this, the barkeep relaxed visibly. "You make a good point, acha. I will talk to the boss man about this," he said with a thoughtful expression, and tossed back the rest of his drink. Smacking his lips, he set his glass back down on the scratched up counter and looked at Hastarl in the eye.

"So is there anything else I can get for you? Or will it just be the drink?" he asked in a slightly friendlier tone.

Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

That went well, Hastarl thought. He had accomplished what Niccolo sent him to do, however he was not aware of the consequences this might bring.

Nobody could for sure tell what the future might bring.

To the bartender he replied: "Just the drink. I think I might go home and lie down a bit. My body aches. Perhaps another time." He had been trying to keep his head clear so he wouldn't say anything wrong, and now where it was over he aches returned in his chest and head.

"I had a tough night. Ibh ea fiadhea ta ealiu*." Putting the tankard back on the table he turned around and walked out of the inn.

*May you go with the light

Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

This thread is hereby locked, skilled and archived.

Best of luck!

Return to “World's Mouth Archive”