A new day and a new darkness begin Sam26th MT(Alantha)

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

The young boy blushed and then averted his eyes and without any by leave, he turned and ran off into the streets of Kes'Levy, oblivious that the Army of the One would be upon then any time soon or of what had happened within the Sanctorium of the Sacred Crone.

Promptly, the Captain of the Emerald Guard led Alantha inside the small tree of the School. There were shapers everywhere, both Masters and Apprentice alike, clad their green and brown robes, their faces obscured by their wide hood pulled low. Some cast a curious glance upon the semi-naked body of the Achadhiel and some of their faces were perplexed, for they have sensed the disturbance in the balance of nature in which they could not pinpoint why exactly.

"The High Priest of Illuminatus, where is he located?" Captain Lopus asked one of the Shapers.

"In the Library of Runya. Upstairs." The shaper replied.

"Many thanks." He nodded and then turned to take a quick look at Alantha to see if she was still following and then quickly led her upstairs, passed corridors, students, winding staircase into a small arched opened double door, symbolizing that knowledge was open to all those who seek it. Above the door were Adhiels writings, carved meticulously: 'Curiosity is the Mother of Wisdom.'

Without as much as looking up and reading the adhiel script, the Captain of the Emerald Guard moved passed the door and went inside the room. It was circular and shelves upon shelves of books, scrolls and tomes were everywhere, surrounding a small desk upon then center in which an old, white-haired adhiel was desk, writing slowly, the scratching of his quill upon his tome could be heard echoing upon that silent reverie. Beside him, standing up and looking down over his shoulder was another ancient adhiel, his hair graying as well and his robe was grand and hued of royal blue and ancient powers could be felt emmanating from this two ancient adhiels.

"She is here." The white-haired adhiel murmured, his head still bent upon his tome. "The Lady of Wrath of Nature."

"Took her long enough." The blue robed adhiel harrumphed indignantly, lifting his ancient head to look at the approaching two. Slowly, he took his staff and stepped forward to scrutinize Alantha with his piercing gray eyes.

"Are you sure she is the one?" The blue robed adhiel asked his older brother, his eyes still looking at the Acolyte of the Crone. "She doesn't look like she has any brains inside that black hair of hers."

The white-haired adhiel started chocking, almost in a fit of apoplexy and then he lifted his ancient, weathered face and turned his blue eyes at Alantha, a look filled with profound kindness and widsom. "Brother mine, be civil. Her name hath been foretold by the Tome of Stars since the dawn of ages, 'tis not for thou to decide whether she's capable or not." With a small gesture, he nodded at the Acolyte. "I welcome thee, Lady of Wrath. We have been waiting for thee for untold yahrens now."
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!
Supporting Taz's Fashion Style since 1224 AD

"A wolf in sheep's clothing is wearing 100% wool!"
Post Rate: Slow
Alantha Darkstar

Post by Alantha Darkstar »

Alantha could only stare at the white hair adhiel, unable to find her voice. Lady of Wrath? Dear Mother what am I to become....

" Have you? ", it was all she could manage, her dark eyes turning to the other, blue robed figure. She could guess which one was which, both radiated such power Alantha wanted to grip her head to stop the spinning sensations that swept through her. " Forgive me... I have had a trying day.... and I know not of what you speak. How can you have been waiting for me? What is this Lady of Wrath? "

True, she should have shown more respect for her elders, especially these two persons of high standing and power, but she was unable to curb her sharp tongue. Alantha was not about to walk into something blind and like a fool without knowing who was using her. As far as she was concerned, the Mother Crone was the only being in existence who would use this dark daughter from now on.
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

"She is an idiot, Un'Vhien!" The Ancient Sorcerer complained out loud, looking upward as if asking the very heavens 'why him?' "Are you absolutely sure that this empty headed-girl is the Lady of Wrath? There must be someone who can fill up the prophecy other than her? Someone with enough brain?"

"Brother mine? Hush!" The Old Priest suddenly stood up, his divine essence suddenly filling the whole room. "There is no time for this, Brother mine."

With gentle eyes, the Old Priest of Illuminatus clad in a priestly vestment of white turned to Alantha. "Please, do forgive mine brother. His temper is quite crude. He's going senile and his yahrens are catching up with him." He smiled a little, trying a bit of levity as he moved forward and softly held the tired Achadhiel under the warmth of his arms.

"What?!" The Old Sorcerer spluttered, almost at a fit of apoplexy. Muttering curses udner his breath, he stalked a few feet away and started sulking.

"There art questions, Dread One, that thou art prepared to ask." The Old Priest replied, his voice low and gentle as he started to led the Dark Acolyte towards the desk where an open book could be seen. "Wouldst thou like to peruse what the Tome of the Celestial has written about you?" He gestured to the opened, almost tattered tome. "Go ahead. Do not be afeared."

"Are you sure this is wise, Un'Vhien?" asked the voice of his younger brother.

"There is nothing we can do, Brother mine." Un'Vhien replied, his eyes still looking at Alantha. "The last age of T'aquar is almost done and its people will now be cast into the four corners of Tazlure. 'Tis up to the chosen few who can re-build and re-birth T'aquar back to its own majesty. I know not how long it will take. Read, Dreaded Wrath, read."

There, on the book, a page leapt out. It swam first within the vision of Alantha, but then, it started to re-arrange the elven script:

The Lady of the Wrath of Nature shall reap the very harvest of Tazlure,
For Nature is balance and balance is Nature.
Her sickle and scythe shall spread:
Destruction,
Chaos,
Calamity,
Disease,
Death.
Such is the Revenge of Nature.
Such is the Wrath of Balance.
And She is its Essence,
The other scale of Balance.

"It was written before we were born, child." Un'Qyn the Sorcerer said, stepping forward with a thumping sound of his staff. "There are more things written about you inside, but it will take days for us to read them. Suffice it so say, there are people tapped by the Essence of T'aquar to fulfill certain destinies. You are one of them, child. Just like me and my brother."

"Me and my brother are the Eternal Watchers." Un'Qyn gestured to the old Priest. "We watch the turn of eons, the turn of tides of T'aquar. There are certain people as well who are tapped by the Essence..."

"The Lady of Lore." Un'Vhien named some of the people, nodding at Un'Qyn. "She Who is the Shadow of Death. The Bearer of T'aquar. The Possessed. The Tainted One. The Wretch of Atara Arda. The Zealot of the Light. The Noble Puppet. The Woe of the Tainted One. The Vigilant Son."

"Commandant Draydis?" It was the Captain, suddenly speaking up. "The Vigilant One? Is that Commandant Draydis? I could recognize it... The title has the face of Commandant Draydis." There was a hint of hope upon his face.

"Yes, thou art correct." The Old Priest turned his ancient eyes to the Captain, his eyes suddenly recognizing the Emerald Guard and he started to chuckle. "It seemed thou have met the Loyal Blade, dark priestess. My assumptions are correct then, Brother mine." His gaze penetrated towards the Captain of the Emerald Guards. "You do know what to do, Loyal Blade? Art thou ready?"

"I..." The Captain hesitated, confused and he stepped back, afraid. "I... think... Yes. I am ready." With that, he unsheathed his green sword, the sword of an Emerald Guard and knelt before Alantha once more and offered it to her, hilt first. "I am to stay here, Great Lady. But this sword must leave T'aquar. You must give this to Commandant Draydis. Tell the Commandant that I have done my duty. He must remember his."

"Now Dread One? Art thou ready?" It was Un'Vhien again, his eyes penetrating and looking at Alantha.

ooc: Where do you want to go again, Alantha? Have you talked to Draydis? We're almost done. Just one last post from you and from me, I think.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Alantha Darkstar

Post by Alantha Darkstar »

Alantha, her face a mask of cold indifference, regarded the lord sorcerer with compassionless eyes. Ice water would be too warm to run through her veins. " Empty headed, am I? If such were true then I would not have been given the essence of T'aquar to guard. The Mother Herself obviously deems me capable of this role, who are you to contradict such? ", she turned from him, her expression never faltering as the supposed 'Lady of Wrath' locked her violet eyes on the priest.

Her eyes never left him as she stepped up to the tome, finally tearing her gaze from him, which she had held out of simple fear. She feared to read the words, and her hidden emotions ran amuck as she read them. Yet, a part of her blood sang with those words, her soul rejoycing as the image of a river of blood painted itself clearly in her mind. To sweep the land like a tide of vengence, as Winters Heart claimed its enemies, delivering their souls unto oblivion. " These names....am I to be a one sided blade, leaving devastation in my path? ", she paused a moment, her eyes never leaving the tome and seemingly speaking mostly to herself. " Very well then. ", the dead pan tone she spoke those words with sent shivers up her own spine.

" I will seek out this Commandant Draydis..... ", Alantha took the offered sword, feeling somewhat clumsy in handling it. " ...and will pass on your words. Captain..... ", she hesitated, " Loyal Blade. You have my thanks in the small part you have played in aiding me. No doubt you will continue to do so in other ways. Please, accept my apologies for slaying your officer back in the Crones Temple. He rests with the Mother now. "

" High Priest. I am ready. ", despite her nudity, she held herself with a regal bearing, imperious, full of Natures cold and deadly power.

OOC: I'll be heading to Islay as that is where Dray is just now, I'll be PMing him to arrange her entrance etc :wink:
Scheherazade
Civus

Post by Scheherazade »

ooc: I suggest PM Vanadius as well as per he's the Mod of Islay. But then, you know what to do, Alantha, so no worries about that. ;)
[hr][/hr]
Farewell, dear T'aquar, clime of the sun caress'd
Pearl of the Western Empire, our Eden lost!,
Gladly now I go to give thee this faded life's best,
And were it brighter, fresher, or more blest
Still would I give it thee, nor count the cost.

On the field of battle, 'mid the frenzy of fight,
Others have given their lives, without doubt or heed;
The place matters not-cypress or laurel or lily white,
Scaffold or open plain, combat or martyrdom's plight,
'Tis ever the same, to serve our home and country's need.

With a loud thump, the Sorcerer Un’Qyn banged the butt of his staff three times on the floor and its green crystal suddenly flared to life, bathing the room with wavery, liquid green light. “Commandant Draydis fled to Islay of the Seven Empire and that is where I shall transport you, Acolyte.”

I die just when I see the dawn break,
Through the gloom of night, to herald the day;
And if color is lacking my blood thou shalt take,
Pour'd out at need for thy dear sake
To dye with its crimson the waking ray.

My dreams, when life first opened to me,
My dreams, when the hopes of youth beat high,
Were to see thy lov'd face, O gem of the Western Sea,
From gloom and grief, from care and sorrow free;
No blush on thy brow, no tear in thine eye.

"No matter, Dread One." Captain Lopus replied, trying his hard not to cry for it grieves him that the Essence of T'aquar would fled and leave the nation of the First People. "If T'aquar should linger on by this sacrifice, then I shall gladly sacrifice my life over and over again for the land I love."

Dream of my life, my living and burning desire,
All hail ! cries the soul that is now to take flight;
All hail ! And sweet it is for thee to expire ;
To die for thy sake, that thou mayst aspire;
And sleep in thy bosom eternity's long night.

If over my grave some day thou seest grow,
In the grassy sod, a humble flower,
Draw it to thy lips and kiss my soul so,
While I may feel on my brow in the cold tomb below
The touch of thy tenderness, thy breath's warm power.

"Fear not, Captain Lopus." Holy Un'Vhien said, "Know that Beloved T'aquar shall linger on in the hearts of its people. There wilt be times when great sorrow shall blanket our days, but the memories of what T'aquar shall stay even with its lowliest creatures. Our T'aquar shall one day come back, our Mother land shall one day be renewed." The Priest of Illuminatus slowly walked around the nubile Alantha, drawing a small circle of white sands around her and then stopped just behind her. "'Tis done, Brother Mine." He looked up at his Sorcerer brother.

Pray for all those that hapless have died,
For all who have suffered the unmeasur'd pain;
For our mothers that bitterly their woes have cried,
For widows and orphans, for captives by torture tried
And then for thyself that redemption thou mayst gain.

And when the dark night wraps the graveyard around
With only the dead in their vigil to see
Break not my repose or the mystery profound
And perchance thou mayst hear a sad hymn resound
'Tis I, O my country, raising a song unto thee.

The Lord Sorcerer moved forward and with tears slowly brimming down his weathered face, he gently laid a chaste kiss upon the achadhiel's cheek and softly murmured: "May the good pantheons watch over thee, my child, we will wait here and watch." And then, he slowly raised his head, stepped back and stood imperiously before the Acolyte and with a steady voice, he started chanting in a cadence far unknown to the ears of Alantha, an eldritch language of elven forgotten through the regions of time, the crystal gem flaring more brightly and the white sands upon the floor glowing.

And even my grave is remembered no more
Unmark'd by never a cross nor a stone
Let the plow sweep through it, the spade turn it o'er
That my ashes may carpet earthly floor,
Before into nothingness at last they are blown.

Then will oblivion bring to me no care
As over thy vales and plains I sweep;
Throbbing and cleansed in thy space and air
With color and light, with song and lament I fare,
Ever repeating the faith that I keep.

The air around Alantha started to thicken, as if breathing was very hard. She felt her body compressing, as if being pushed within herself by the weaving of Un'Qyn. Her vision started to cloud, blurring and swirling, all colors whirling together and a loud swooshing sound echoed upon her ears. And then, Lord Un'Qyn's voice rose above that deafening sound and the Acolyte felt herself expanding, as if the very words and voice of the Sorcerer were stretching her to the very limits of her body. Then there was pull, a magnetic pull coming from the ground as if someone was pushing her inwards once again, all colors gone except the blinding white light and the loud cadence of the Sorcerer, slowly dimming and fading...

My Motherland ador'd, that sadness to my sorrow lends
Beloved T'aquar, hear now my last good-by!
I give thee all: parents and kindred and friends
For I go where no slave before the oppressor bends,
Where faith can never kill, and God reigns e'er on high!

Farewell to you all, from my soul torn away,
Friends of my childhood in the home dispossessed !
Give thanks that I rest from the wearisome day !
Farewell to thee, too, sweet friend that lightened my way;
Beloved creatures all, farewell! In death there is rest!

For that flicker of a moment, everything cleared and Alantha saw the two ancient beings and Captain Lopus once more, standing together, gazing at her but they seemed so very far away. With a simple salute, tears openly brimming down Captain Lopus' face, he raised his hand in a simple salute of farewell and nodded once at the Achadhiel. "Remember us, Priestess... Remember us and T'aquar." And with a searing pain, they faded and Alantha felt herself slowly drifting far away as oblivion embraced her as its own.

*Mi Ultimo Adios by Dr. Jose Rizal
ooc: Please remove all your belongings and money, Alantha, save for a simple, green cloak bearing the symbol of an Emerald Guard, an Emerald Sword with the House Symbol of Captain Lopus, and an Acorn.
WILL WORK FOR FASHION!

Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Skilled :)

Syra
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]

Return to “T'aquar Archive”