Entrance Thread-Samheen 7, 10

Moderators: Syra, Mods

Lugh

Entrance Thread-Samheen 7, 10

Post by Lugh »

A medium sized town at the northern coast of Tel`Aranae Quessir. This harbor town is built around the only wharf in TAQ. From here the ships sail to trade with remote kingdoms. It has a fairly large sized merchants quarter and a warehouse quarter. The entire town is fortified, surrounded with a high wall and towers. On the harbor side the walls are evenly high, with several gates and high spires that also serve as lighthouses.

[hr][/hr]

The main gate was not difficult to find, situated as it was between the two tallest towers of the walled city. As it is approached two guards stepp out in greeting. Both wore the green mail of the Emerald Guard and had that order's typical relaxed-but-ready stance down to a tee.

"Quel re, what business have you in Cairbara?"
Last edited by Lugh on Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yorean Mur'Khadid

Post by Yorean Mur'Khadid »

OCC - How do you get to Taloh Tel`Amrun from here?

Yorean takes a long hard look at the two guards. He has looked at the Emerald Guards in the city from afar for so long with so much awe and respect. He had just calmed himself down from the angry arguement with his grandfather. Why can't he just understand I am not going to be a trader? I have always wanted to follow my father's footsteps into the Guard. Always Harsh words had been said by the both of them and Yorean had packed his things and left. He hated to leave his family, especially his mother and Uncle and even his grandfather, who he disagreed with most of time. He just doesn't understand me. He loves me and I love him, but I can't live here my whole life and be satisfied. The Kingdom needs to be defended and there are never enough who are willing to risk their lives to protect it and the Queen

"Quel re Honored Guardsmen. Pray, may I take a moment of your time? I am interested in traveling to Taloh Tel`Amrun and joining the Emerald Guard. You see, my father was in the Guard. He was killed about 25 yerhen ago in an Orc raid. His name was Demodary Mur'Khadid. You didn't know him did you?"
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

The guardsman glances Yorean over and grins.
"Aim to follow in his footsteps, are you?
Yorean Mur'Khadid

"Yes I am. The work you do protecting the Kingdom from the wretched hordes of Orcs is most honorable. My only wish is to serve the Queen to the best of my abilities. I am on my way to Taloh Tel`Amrun to begin my journey."

There is no turning back now Yorean said to himself. The day has finally come.
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

The guardsman nods and points to the southwest.
"Taloh Tel`Amrun lies over there. You can either head there by foot, or take a boat there, the latter would be the safest way of travel."
Yorean Mur'Khadid

OCC - Oops I thought since I had access to Taloh Tel`Amrun I was supposed to just go there!

"I think I will make the journey on foot, but thank you for the warning sir."

With that Yorean starts to make his way to Taloh Tel`Amrun and his new life.
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

goldentree approached the gate. he looked amazed at the big city with the big walls. everything looked big to me right now, he thought, after a week of looking at nothing but waves and stars.

he looked at the guards, happy to see other elves near him. he looked at their uniform thinking what it meant for.

"hallo kind sir", he said, "my name is goldentree and i've travelled for long days on a ship to come here. my plan is to go to the hunters guild and hopefully to stay there for a while" he smiled at the elves and hoping there wont be any troubles
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

One of them smiled: "So a traveller! I trust you found your way from the harbour to here with ease?"
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

"I had some troubles. Everything is so big right now after seven days at sea but i managed". Goldentree said with a smile. "Can you point the way tpo the hunters guild? i need to go to there".

He thought about the dream he was having and remembered that pan told him to go to Tel Aranea Quessir and find someone named Bokkan. Because pan didnt tell him where to look and his heart telling him to go to the hunters guild he sorted it out that Bokkan must be in there.

There is no turning back now, he said to himself, I cant take another ship back. I'll just need to go to the hunters guild and hope that Bokkan wil be there and maybe he will help me to improve my skills.

He waited for an answer...
Last edited by goldentree on Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

The guard smiled and pointed to the woods to the south. "The Hunter's Guild is down that way, deep in the woods. It is about a day's walk, so you had better get started. I am certain that if you do not find them, they will find you. Good luck."
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Seth

Post by Seth »

OOC: I don't know who makes the timestamps... Samheen 7th, early morningtide maybe?

IC: Seth steadied his pack, feeling a little queasy from the boat trip. He wasn't really a sea person... Ah well, at least it got him to his destienation.
As he approached the gates, he looked up at the guards and smile cheerfully.
"Good day, sirs! I heard rumors that there was Runic magic still being taught around here... Have you heard of them?" He asked happily.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC: oops! Totally looked over this thread!

IC:
<center><b>Timestamp: Samheen 7th, early morningtide</b></center>

The guards raised a brow: "Runic magic? Thaught? Here? Well no, it isn't thaught here. There are rumors about runic magic but I've never seen anything of it."
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Seth

Post by Seth »

"Really?" Asked Seth, excited that someone had heard some rumors as well as he. He looked up hopefully at the guard. "What kind of rumors have you heard?" He asked, scratching the back of his head, just under the ponytail.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

OOC: For Seth

"Nuthin ye haven't heard already Im sure." the guard replied in a rather gruff tone, seemingly annoyed by the question. "Stories, thats all they is. Like I said I aint seen nuthin of its ilk around these parts."

"Whats it to ye anyways?" a second guard asked, dressed in the green mail like his counterpart. "A good sword is the answer boy, ye always know where ye stand when ye carry one o' em."

Try as he might, the moment he tried to raise the subject again he would be politely but bruskly detered from taking it any further.
Last edited by Hoppy on Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baldwin You'san

Samheen 7th Morningtide

Post by Baldwin You'san »

TIMESTAMP: 7th Samheen, Morningtide

Watching the gate, and the guards, talkin to a couple people, leaning up against a treee, adapting to the still ground once the ground felt easier to stand up on, he pushed himself off the tree. Feeling slightly guilty leaving his father, but the urge to make something more then a mere fishermen had it's appeals.
Sighing abit, taking his eyes of the guards onto the city, the walls seemed like a barrier from his dreams, chuckling from what his father had said about other towns, and how they treat half-elfs, but pushing that out of his mind.

Walking softly on the ground, his feet to use to a hard ship deck. Smiling, a hallf smile to the guards, bowing to them slightly. His saber clankingslight at his movements, his net begins to slip from his shoulder. Pulling his net closer to his shoulder, he stares slightly at the green mail in awe and fear, wondering what other amazing feats these men have," Uh...Excuse me, but may I gain entrance?"
Last edited by Baldwin You'san on Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

OOC: For Baldwin

IC:

Even as the earendil neared the gates he was approached by one of the guardsmen wearing the emerald mail one was accustomed to seeing at the gates. "So its entrance ya want is it? Are ya drunk? I saw you over at them trees, yer walking sideways man. If'n yer drunk we dont need yer kind here, you can just turn around and go back the way ya came."

"What business you have here anyways?" he looked the half-elf over, his eyes stoppnig once at the sword on his hip and the net on his shoulder.
Baldwin You'san

Drunk? Me? Naww...

Looking at the guard with a look of surprise writen on his face," Drunk? No I wish I was at this moment, but I am not. It takes getting use to when the gound is not moving. Now that I gave you the reason why I'm *drunk*, I woulld like to gain entrance to go to the auctions. Is their anything else you *fine* gentlemen like to know? If not, then let a man that actually DOES work go though and run his errands." Feeling from awed to annoyed quickly enough it could be heard in his tone of voice. Shaking his head some, and turning to the other guard,"[/i]Mani naa essa," trying to remeber the rest of it," en....uh...lle?"
Last edited by Baldwin You'san on Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorus Ironhammer

Post by Thorus Ironhammer »

TIMESTAMP: 7th Samheen, Morningtide

The Dwarf approached the gate house within the fortified wall, with a purpose to his stride, his chainmail jangling with the rhythm of his stride his powerful frame carrying the weight with ease. It was with more difficulty that he kept his path straight, as he had noticed with other travellers making their way from the harbour to the gatehouse, the long sea voyage had taken it's toll on his sense of balance.
"Curses to the god who thought to put oceans on this fair world of mine" he mumbled to himself with a good deal of annoyance that he had had to endure such a long and arduous voyage.

He halted his stride as he arrived at the gatehouse just catching the last comment made by the Half-Elf who appeared in the middle of a rather heated conversation with one of the guards on duty. "Wish I was drunk as it may help me forget that dam awful sea voyage" letting out a deep throated chuckle he stood back to await his turn, studying the altercation before him.[/i]
Last edited by Thorus Ironhammer on Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Business was picking up at the gates, a sure sign of the growing prosperity of the region. The guard that was talking with Baldwin waves to another of his comrades to speak to the approaching dwarf while he dealt with the snippity half-breed.

BALDWIN
"I really dont think my name is of much importance to you boy." his own tone began to reflect the same change that Baldwin was going through. "And you wont find any -gentlemen- here whelp, the auctions are your business. Fine. Now YOUR name might just get you on track and into the city." there was certainly a lot more gruff in his voice now, perhaps it wasn't in anyones best interest to make the guards any angrier than need be.

THORUS
Once called on, the second guard approached the dwarf, this one seemed to be in a particularly good mood since he was choking down a laugh as he got within a few feet.

"G'day to ye sir, if you would be so kind as ta offer yer name and business I'd be happy ta get ye through the gates and about yer day."
Baldwin You'san

Gatehouse

Looking to the dwarf and grinning slightly at his comment, then looking back to the guard," S'cuse my tone, good sir. It's just a rough day at sea can get ones brain fried." chuckling abit, slide glancing the other guard then looking back to the one talking to me," S, please forgive me, and my Name is Baldwin You'san." Smiling a side grin, and bowing slightly to the elf.

" If that is all, may I gain entrance?"
Thorus Ironhammer

The Dwarf looked somewhat taken aback by the seconds guards approach as he was hoping for a few more minutes to enjoy Baldwin's conversation with the other guard. Oh well he thought to himself a fine meal and a few tankards of ale awaits me inside.
"Good day to ye too fine sir" his gaze passing from Baldwin to the second guard, "me name be Thorus Ironhammer and after that horrendous voyage me pallet is in need of a fine meal and some ale to wash it down with, and me legs needs some firm ground to become use once more to solid earth." to reiterate the point he swayed slightly as if the earth beneath him was moving. "Me be here to seek my calling and find me a purpose in life, although I must be saying I'm not to sure what course that will take as yet, until then I just wish a fine meal, some ale and a comfortable bed to rest my weary bones."
Thorus turned to look at Baldwin, "and perhaps me Half-Elf friend you would care to join me in a hearty breakfast, for I am new to these parts and would be glad of the company."
Last edited by Thorus Ironhammer on Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baldwin You'san

Greetings

Smiling abit to the dwarf, thinking someone is actually friendly to him, nodding to the dwarf,"That sounds good, I'll take yer offer up." looking to the guards again with a brief smile spread across his face, thinking if I ever get past these people.

Watching as more people come to the gatehous (Correct?) then turning back to the guard speaking to him."Well it looks like you'll be busy, I think we'll leave you to yer work, as we fill up our stomachs and wet our lips, if there is nothing that you need of us, then we''lll go about our ways."
Thorus Ironhammer

"ai lads, have we done enough to convince ye of our good intentions, for me stomach sings to me and I always listens to me stomach..", Thorus pated his tummy dramactically to reiterate the point, "..and ye wouldn't be wanting me to waste away before ye eye's now would ye, I be sure of that".
Thorus turned once more to Baldwin a look of self pity spreading across his face, "perhaps ye know of a good tavern within, or ye good sir's.." he turned once more to the guards, "..could direct us to one".
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

The two guards took a moment to discuss things a moment, after a few minutes they returned and the gruffer one spoke.

"Welcome to Cairbara, you are welcome to the city so long as you dont cause any trouble. You'll find a good tavern a few streets straight down the main road called the Limping Faerie. Its clean and shouldnt empty your purses....to much" he added as he looked to the dwarf and grinned.

"Is there anything else we can help you two folks with before you enter?"
Baldwin You'san

Entrance

Nodding with a slight crooked smile on his face," Thank ye mightly good lords." Looking to the dwarf," Shall we go?" Slide glancing the guards, and starts to walk into the town, passing the gatehouse, with the feeling of pride. HIs tride being quick and brisk, looking down the roads, dodging people, making sure not to make physical contact with them.Turning back to the dwarf," Well C'mon hurry up!" Chuckling slight and dodges another person in a hurry.

Return to “T'aquar Archive”