The Captive Rin

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

OOC: i am back. Sas I will take over from now on again. You did a good job.

IC:
Soon Rin could here the fighting stop by the grunts of the leader. He sounded even more furious than Rin could imagine, but then again they let their prisoner escape.

Rin made it to the deep forest just in the nick of time, but now he had to get back to Tel'Aranae Quessir and still had to capture an orc. Luck was running out for him as he heard many orcs running away to all directions from their camp.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"I have no weapons and I have a horde of angry orcs looking for me. I better forget about capturing an orc, I'll need to concentrate completely on just getting out of here alive." Rin thought as he took cover behind a tree. Although Rin was completely lost, was weaponless, had orcs after him, and didn't even know what direction he was going in, he refused to give up. Rin then remembered something that he had heard someone say a few years back: The moss grows on the northern side of the tree. He began to look for moss on the tree while still attempting to keep himself hidden. Rin knew it was a long shot, but at this point he knew that he didn't have much of a choice.

Post by Guest »

OOC: sorry that i'm a bit late.

IC:
Happily Rin noted that the moss was growing at the opposite side of the orcish camp.

Orcs came walking his way, ready to fight if need be. The group consisted of five orcs, one of which seemed to be 'in charge' of the rest. Other groups also evaded the camp, looking for their escapee.

They didn't look as nice this time as they did last time and time was running out for Rin.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

OOC: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Taloh Tel'Amrun south of the orcish territories? Wouldn't that mean that Rin would have to run away from the camp and not towards it?
Caelin

Post by Caelin »

Galliban wrote:OOC: Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Taloh Tel'Amrun south of the orcish territories? Wouldn't that mean that Rin would have to run away from the camp and not towards it?

OOC: To be precise, Taloh Tel'Amrun is east of the orcish territories, but North of the territories invaded by the orcs. So you are going the right way, to my knowledge.

Post by Guest »

OOC: your right... sorry for the inconvenience Rin. Thank you for answering this question already LC. I'll edit immediately. :oops:
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin certainly was not going to go up against a bunch of angry orcs without so much as a dagger to fight with. The only thing he could think to do was run, for his basic training in martial arts might be able to help him deal with novice fighters, but certainly wouldn't help him much against multiple orc soldiers. So he ran away from the camp, as fast as he could, hoping that his natural elven dexterity would keep him a few steps ahead of the orcs. As he ran, he kept looking around for anything that might make for good cover.

Post by Guest »

OOC: sorry that i'm posting late again but i had some hardware problems and am full back now.

IC:
The only thing Rin could do was run and search for cover... Trees, trees and trees he saw running away when he heard very loud orc grunts somewhere behind him. Something moved at the left side straight on the track he was going. The only retreat he could see were behind the roots of a big old tree about fifty paces ahead.

Rin could hear feet scrambling behind him and some thuds, which were probably orcs who fell over small bushes and the like.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

OOC: No problem.

IC: If Rin had been a religious man, he would have thanked the gods and goddesses if the thuds he heard behind him were in fact stumbling, for he needed all the help he could get. He did notice the movement to his left, and normally he would have stopped to check it out, but he knew that stopping would be fatal. So he continued on, picking up his pace a little when he saw the old tree ahead. He hoped that he could use it for cover, because he didn't know how much longer he could run without stopping for a decent breath.

Post by Guest »

As Rin made it to the tree just in time to duck away he caught a glimpse of orcs moving on his left. The only thing strange about them in that moment was that they we're chasing something, but not him. At least he could catch up his breathing now he went behind it.

Right after Rin landed on his feet he felt a horrible pain in his leg, as if something just slashed at it.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin muffled a yell of pain into a quiet grunt. He slumped down against the tree's base and looked down at his leg. Though it was dark and very hard to see, he tried to check for injury.

Post by Guest »

Rin couldn't see very much but his leg bleeded like hell and it was badly cut. The sword the was cut by could be seen on the ground now. Also could breathing from under the tree be heard and a man's voice said "I'm sorry, I thought you were one of those bloody orcs. Quick get here and push yourself against the earth and the roots. They can be here any moment."

At the background the stampeding orc groups could be heard.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Though Rin had very little idea what was happening, he did as he was told. At that point, he didn't seem to have much of a choice as he heard the heavy feet of the orcs beating the ground not too far away. He attempted to climb under the tree, while trying not to get too much dirt in the wound.

Post by Guest »

Rin could hear the orcs were discussing something, but didn't know what. Then suddenly both heard an orc say "I smell something... I smell blood! That way!". Then the stampeding began once again. Right behind the tree the orcs stopped. "Hmmm... we'll go down here to chase it! He'll be heading for Tel'Aranae Quessir." an orc said while one of the roots was pushed down a little. A few moments after the first orc landed about a foot away of Rin's legs. More were about to come down.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

Rin scrambled under the tree as the orc made a grab at him. He turned to look at the person beside him, hoping that he would have a plan. Rin was confident that the orcs would be too big to get under the tree, but also knew that that wouldn't be an issue if the orcs took down the tree, which they were most certainly capable of doing. They might just have to fight the orcs, but only if there was no other way of escape. Rin doubted very much that he or the person that had accidentally stabbed him would stand a chance against the group of angry orcs, especially since Rin was already wounded.

Post by Guest »

OOC: the roots being pushed down by the orcs feet... don't be afraid.

The man, who had dropped his sword by now, kept Rin from reaching for the orc. Now five orcs were down there and all ran away from Rin and the other man. Strangely enough also the other group of orcs seemed to continue their hunt.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

OOC: I'm getting a little confused as to what is happening with the orcs. I think I might be missing something. What exactly are they doing in simple terms?

Post by Guest »

OOC: 1 group of orcs jumped down over the roots and continues to run away from you, the way they move explains they are still hunting you. The 2nd group didn't come down and is, at the moment, ran on to your right, probably still hunting for someone else.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

OOC: How could they be hunting him if they are running away from him?

Post by Guest »

OOC: let's put it this way: They THINK they are hunting Rin.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

OOC: Okay, thanks.

IC: The pain in Rin's leg did serve as a distraction, but Rin still remained concentrated on the situation at hand. He turned to the man who had accidentally stabbed him.

"We have to get far away from this place, and NOW. From whence have you come?" he said.

Post by Guest »

"I've come from the west. There's an orc encampment there. I was imprisoned until I saw my chance to escape and now ended up here with you. If you mean where I come from, it is the Emerald Guard. I was captured when we tried to escape a siege on Ost Tel'Anor." The man replied in the elven language. "The name is Celebcam, what is yours, cousin?" he continued in a whisper.
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"My name is Rin, and I have come from Taloh Tel'Amrun. I was sent here by the Temple of Atara Arda to prove my desire to train with the Emerald Guard," Rin replied in the same language, then paused to catch his breath. "I was sent to capture a male orc for interrogation. Obviously, that did not work out. Some orcs saw me in the forest as I was coming up here and captured me as well. Cousin, even though we have just met, I am quite glad to see you," he continued, then paused again as he remembered his conversation with the orc cheif. "We must get back to the city immeadiately. From what I have heard, it sounds as if the orcs plan to attack betimes. We must alert the Guard." Rin said, sounding genuinly concerned. He thought that the Guard had probably already gotten wind of it, but he always believed that it was better to be safe than sorry.

Post by Guest »

Celebcam puts his hands on his head and says "We have to indeed, but there is one problem... These orcs... they get... smarter. If they weren't as smart and if I'd wouldn't be exhausted I'd be able to help us get out of here, but it seems useless... You tell me what to do now."
Galliban

Post by Galliban »

"Talking like that will not help us get out of here alive. You are part of the Guard, so act like it," Rin said, disappointed in the man's behavior, then looked down at his wounded leg. "Now, do you have some sort of knife?" he asked, hoping to cut off part of his shirt and use it for a bandage.

Return to “Le Bois Noire Archive”