Destination: Tel' Aranae Quessir

Moderator: Mods

Akiras

Destination: Tel' Aranae Quessir

Post by Akiras »

Timestamp: Samheen 1st, late morningide

Akiras wanted out. Last night proved she wasn't cut out for this job. On her first mission she had nearly been killed. Akiras decided she didn't want to die like that. A lawless nobody, it wasn't right.

She was leaving. The guild wouldn't like it, to bad for the guild. She collected her weapons, using the excuse of going out for some pratice.
She'd have liked to have bought a horse, but that wasn't possible with the little change she had. As well she knew better then to steal in a city of thieves.
She couldn't stand it here any longer. The city that had once seemed beautiful and wonderous was not dirty, deadly and dangrous. Akiras wasn't stay here any longer.

As she approached the gate the guards moved to stop her, she had seen them do it often. "I'm going on a journey to improve my skills" she told them, when they were within talking distance. "I'll be back in about three days if all goes well."
Akiras made sure to cover her story well. It was the same one she told the guild. She was carrying three days food and water, all her supplies and the clothes on her back. Everything needed for a three day adventure. Unfortunatly TaQ was a little farther then that. What she would to after the three days was still a mystery.

Sighing Akiras looked bored with the guards, and waited for them to let her pass.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

One of the guards looked at her with interest, inspecting her forms and he flashed a grin to his companion. The latter also inspected her but when his eyes found the dagger on her belt. He made a small gesture and his companion sighed, apperently her price was too high.
The one who inspected her first glanced one last time to the dagger and sighed again: "You may pass."
Apperently they decided the price was too high...
Akiras

???

Post by Akiras »

Akiras was a little stunned, they were just going to let her go? that easily? Ohh well she had places to go and people to see. She passed to toothless man with a smile and a nod. She would miss a few things. Like his stories. They were great stories.
Passing out she walked into the rising Sun, heading east.

TaQ was to the northeast she knew, but if she could trick them into thinking she was headed East it would help greatly. She would keep up this direction until she was out of sight of the Dutchy. Then find a better course.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The guards didn't seem to care, the day just began for them and it was cold so they found their ale more interesting then a leaving traveller, only the toothless man raised a hand and waved her goodbye when she disappeared in eastern direction.
Not much was there to be seen, it was quit apart from the sounds of birds and other animals.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras sped up to a jog to keep warm. She wrapped her cloak around her body to keep her arms from getting cold. "My punishment for not wearing sleeves" she mutters to herself looking back so see if anyone is following her.

Being cautious she looked behind her every few minutes for signs of anyone following.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The road behind her was empty, not a single soul to seen or to be heard. The wind was cold and it didn't take long before Akiras had goosebumps all over her arms.
After an hour or so she could smell the smoke from a fire, burned not far away...
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras stopped and sniffed, trying to pinpoint the direction. The wind was from the East, the fire was in her direction. Moving forward so find the fire. She was out of sight of the dutchy. She was free now. Once she got warm it was a direct line to Tel' Aranae Quessir.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

It didn't took long for Akiras to found the source of the smoke. A man with long black hair with a few streaks of gray sat staring in a small fire, his back towards her. A few paces to his left stood a cart and a donkey who was enjoying his meal of hay.
The man himself was cooking something on the fire and the delicious smells made Akiras stomach grumble, it had been a while since she last ate...
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras coughed to get the man attention so as to not startle him.

"Hello" she said sitting down beside him and taking advantage of his fire "Sure is a cold day isn't it?" Looking to watch the man for a response she carefully checked to see if he had any weapons. Not just exposed ones but the possible outline of hidden weapons as well.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The man faintly smiled as if he was expecting her. Nex to thim on the ground laid two swords of a strange design that could be strapped to his back and on his belt three daggers hung.
"Do you want something to eat?" To her great surprise he replied to her in fluent Elven with a faint accent that was unfamiliar to her. He reached her the skillet that was filled with a soup of some sort.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras was slightly stunned by the elvish voice, it had been so long since she has heard it. "You speak very good" she told him in her own elvish. "I would love some" she told him leaning forward to examine its contents and sniff the sweet smelling soup.

"Those are nice swords" she commented while he scooped the soup. "Where did you get them?"
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The man smiled mysteriously: "In my homeland on the Seven Isles. They're of my own design. It took them some time to craft them but they're definitly worth their money."
He examined her: "You have been running and I don't see any sane person who travels on the road run unless he or she has something to run from and since the nearest town of any significance is the Duchy I guess that you come from there."
He shrugged: "It wouldn't be the first time that people had to run out of the Duchy. That's why I almost never take my merchandise to the city. I... tend to get into trouble." He grinned.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

"The dutchy? nahh! its a great place" she went on, the whole im thinking Yeah a great place until you see it dirty underbelly, then you just want to run. Everybody runs "I'm only running to keep warm" she told him "If you are a merchant, why do you only carry two swords? and where are you headed?" she asked, a little nosey, a little cautious.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The man grinned: "There is more to me then meets the eye and usually two swords are enough. I seldomly travel alone but the circumstances forced me."
He smiled: "Well, you're a noisy one, aren't ya? Yes, I am a merchant and I am heading for the Elven Kingdom to stock in some of those fine weapons they make there..."
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Aki's hopes sailed. if she could get a ride with him she could be there in just a day or two. But then someone would know where she was. As far as she knew nobody in the dutchy expected her to leave. If she left a trail as easy to follow as this man. As well it appeared he had known she was comming. Looking around suddenly catious "I'm not going that way" she told him. "I am.. ummm heading that way" she pointed east

"Now, i'm sorry to have take up your time, but i must be going" Worried that dutchy was already after her she grabbed her bag. and rather quickly tried to get away from the man. More worried about the conversation and the man waiting for her, she didn't realize she was heading northeast, almost north.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The man shrugged: "A good journey then!" His eyes narrowed slightly: "I've seen many people run from the dutchy but noone was stupid enough to make it so obvious. You came here, in eastern direction and now you're going north-east? Please! Don't mistake me for some dumbfounded merchant, girl! Once it was my job to gather information about enemy territories and I can read you like an open book."
He grinned slightly: "Oh and some advice: next time you try to sneak up on somebody who lived all his life in the woods be sure that you're a lot better in the sneaking up part. I heard you coming from far..."
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras was furious.
"Well.. I Never!" she started, before gaining herself "I've changed direction so that people who happen to see me, can't follow for long. As well i made sure you would hear me. Like you said, the dutchy is very near. How would you like it if someone snuck up on you?" Akiras forgot she was leaving, forgot she was cold and forgot she was talking to a person who in all likelyhood could weild a sword better then sell it.

"And how do you know where i'm going? You're nothing more then a stupid merchant going to sell only two swords. No wonder you have to travel alone, you can't afford to pay two people." Thats said Akiras turned to leave again heading east.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The man raised a brow: "You have spirit! Good! But I suggest that you think before you speak. Did you have any guarantee that I wasn't some sort of scoundrel that would kill you for your money? And second, like I told you these swords are my OWN. I would rather die then sell them. If you had listened you had heard that I was going to Tel'Aranae Quessir to BUY weapons so that I might sell them elswhere. If you hadn't noticed: there is a war going on."

With a fluent move the man pulled one of the daggers from his belt wich landed into a tree next to Akiras. "And never call me a stupid merchant. Everyone needs to make a living and I was tired of my other profession. The reasons why I travel alone are my own."
Last edited by Elvin Motricé on Wed Feb 19, 2003 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras growled under her breath "Fine then ohh wise and powerful merchant. What should i do then?" she asked sarcasticly sitting back down. "Say I was tired of my current profession, just say. What should I do then?" Aki had been more interested in how the man said thing earlier, not what he had said. Now she was paying close attention. The world had dissapeared, the dutchy was forgotten. TaQ was just a glimmer in the back of her mind. The only thing in life was to prove to merchant that he could not read her as well as he thought.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The man shrugged: "I have no idea but I suggest that you visit some of your kin. It could help you figure out some things."

He stood up to retrieve his dagger and looked at her: "Seeing your weapons I assume that you're familiar with using them? I still have some room for a second traveller."
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Akiras sighed. It was now or never. If she went with him, she would finally be leaving. If she didn't she would never get there in time to evade the Than.
Akiras threw caution into the wind

"Fine i'll come along with you, since you need my help so much"
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

"Good! I was hoping you should come! It is so boring to travel always alone without someone to talk to."
He made a small bow: "Alhizair Shadowhand, at your service."
He knelt down beside his swords and began strapping then to his back, the hilts just visible above his shoulders. Then he bound his hair together in a tail with a leather lace that came from a pouch on his belt.
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

Aki sat watching him. She grumbled about not traveling for his company.

"You ready?" she asked glaring at him after he had tied back his hair, and packed up his soup and 'stuff'
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

"Yes I am, but you still haven't told me your name. I find it difficult to talk to someone without a name."
Akiras

Post by Akiras »

"You can call me rose" Aki todd him, using her alias.
Getting up she waited for him to choose the direction.

Return to “On the Road Archive”