He that sleeps here swims: Dorian Drake Samheen 25th

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Dorian smiled at this and kissed her again for his answer, trailing his lips along her chin and throat, to nuzzle the soft place between her neck and shoulder. Dinner could wait, ships could wait, the rest of the world could wait. He had his true love in his arms, and that was the most important thing that could ever happen.

He kissed her gently, cuddling her in his arms, feeling the yielding softness of her body against his. She could stir a passion in him like no other woman could ever have done, with just a simple look, a smile, a word. "A chailín mo chroí," he murmured softly into her delicate ear, before applying his lips again to better use. "Muirnín, Maranda." She was his sweetheart, his darling, the better half of his life. Making love to her was the only thought on his mind, pleasing this lady who had made so much grander a quiet and workaday life for him.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Soft giggles as he nuzzled her chin gave way to trembling sighs as she responded to his touch, to his lips, to the warmth of his skin next to hers. Once again, the world faded away and there was only Dorian, the feel and scent of him as the two discovered one another anew, each time as wonderous as the last for Maranda.

As the sun set in the west, the moon rose up over the mer, pale and fragile in the darkening lavendar sky. In the deepening dusk, they were alone with each other amidst the gentle lapping of the waves about their hips.

The soft alien words sent shivers through the blonde, for though she didn't know their meaning, the tone behind the words said it all. These were words of endearment and they melted her heart as well as her body.

"Dorian," she sighed, trembling with passion, but also with the emotion her Selkie husband stirred in her soul. "My life," she whispered back before her lips found his in a sweet gentle kiss that took no time to deepen as she moaned in pleasure.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Dorian gasped and held her close to him, his own body responding to hers, caught in the same ecstasy. The joy that only Maranda could stir echoed in his very soul, in every fibre of his being. "My love," he said, when he was able to, his heart still thudding in his chest and every nerve tingling. She was the best part of his life. The days without her as he toiled to free the city of the shadow had been very hard, but the knowledge that she was safe and waiting for him had sustained him.

Then he smelled something scorched. Dinner. They had been in the water for a while. He laughed then, a low and soft laugh, brushing a kiss on her damp hair and the delicate forehead, what he could reach most easily when she was in his arms. "I may have to catch something else for dinner, wife."
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Relaxing in the embrace of her husband, Maranda's thoughts had not come back down to reality yet, she was simply enjoying the warm cocoon of water lapping gently around them, wrapped in her husband's strength. The word scorched jerked her attention back to the here and now.

"Oh no!" she gasped as she pulled away from Dorian's arms. "My pot!" she cried as she started wading out of the mer, moving faster as the water grew more shallow. By the time she'd reached dry land, she was running. Grabbing her clothing off the post as she raced by laughing now, she ran the short distance to the shack, clothing clutched to her chest as she endeavored to save her pot. As she rounded the corner of their home, she shrieked and stopped dead in her tracks, suddenly fumbling with the clothing in an effort to cover her body.

On the rock beside the fire, a small man sat, long dark wavey hair framed a pale face, his light colored eyes concentrating on the skewered fish he held over the fire.

"Stew was burnt ma'am," he offered softly, the rolling lilt of an Adhiel accent obvious in his speech. "I moved it off the fire," he added not looking away from the fire. Indeed the pot had been set aside in the sand, the stench of scorched greens still rising up with the now faint smoke that drifted up out of the pot. Knowing she should run, or at least move, the blonde found herself frozen and waiting for her husband to address this stranger.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Dorian was much less bothered by being caught naked, even with the aftereffects of his dalliance with his wife visible. He strode out of the water, stumbling slightly as he hit dry land, and gathered up his clothes and sandals in one big hand before trotting slowly after Maranda. He saw her stop by the door of the shack, yelp and try to cover herself, and made an effort to hurry up, though he tripped slightly as he did so.

He didn't bother with the clothes, just dropped them and stepped into the doorway, as threatening as a burly fisherman could be. "Who're you ?" he barked, with a Selkie's harshness to his tone.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

"Folks call me McTotten," the man said, eyes remaining on the fire until Maranda stepped around the corner to slip her damp body into her chemise and skirt. "Blade McTotten," he added as he stood, blue eyes now studying Dorian's face. A bit shorter than Maranda, the man had an almost feline agility about him. His clothing spoke of money without being lavish as most nobility was prone to.

"I was told I could get fish from you? Common friend, I believe. Red?" the man smiled, revealing what might have been a nice row of white teeth save one was missing and another was broken.

"I'm in need of five barrels, salted and I need them by morntide Samheen 29th. Paying top rates if you handle it," he explained, nodding at the blonde as she stepped back around the corner.

"Sorry about your pot ma'am," he offered with a quick smile as she moved to grab the still smoking pot without acknowledging the man, irritated that he'd intruded into her evening with her husband. The man's eyes followed the sway of her hips as she departed to fill the still smoking pot with water but only a flicker before turning his attention back to the fisherman.

"So, what say you sir?" he asked, folding his arms across his chest.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Dorian's eyes narrowed as the man looked at Maranda. He had no care that he was naked, for Selkies weren't raised to clothes, but had to learn them. "If you know Red, it might be I would do that for you," he said, after some thought. "but the 29th is close by, and there are people hungry in this town. I'll not get your stores and let them starve in the meantime. And you were not invited into this shack."
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

"MY apologies, sir," the man bowed from the waist briefly. "I thought there would be no harm sitting in front of your dwelling. It was not my intent to intrude or offend. When I arrived I found no one home but the burning stew made me to believe that the occupants would shortly return from wherever they had gone. The fish had been leaned close enough to the fire that one side was cooked, the other still raw. I only sought to remedy that situation. As for my stores," the man looked up into Dorian's eyes, his light blue ones full of dead seriousness.

"I appreciate your frank manner. If you think you cannot supply what I need, tell me plainly and I will seek elsewhere. I cannot delay my departure and I cannot depart without a full store of supplies. It is a large task but I will find someone who will be willing," he stood steady watching the fisherman, prepared to depart should the fisherman turn the offer down.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

"Ask around if you like," Dorian replied, in his thoughtful way. Still not remotely concerned about his clothes, or lack of them. "I don't promise what I don't know I can do. Might be able to give one barrel, or two; but I won't let this city starve and serve you only. There are more important things than money."
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

"Fair enough," the man replied with a nod. "I shall put you down for one barrel guaranteed then and will look elsewhere for the balance. I'll send my man, Tannard the morn of Samheen 29 here to pick it up and make payment," he titled his head in a sort of bow to Maranda and smiled.

"My apologies again for the pot ma'am," he offered quietly. "If you'll throw a handful of wild onion in the pot and leave it set overnight, the black should come off easy enough," he bobbed his head in a gesture that might have been greeting or dismissal.

"Good speed to ya sir, madam," he offered before taking his leave.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Dorian nodded, accepting this, still unbothered by the lack of clothes. "Good eve," he said, by way of farewell, then shrugged once the man was out of sight. Only then did he bother to pick up the discarded clothes and deal with the shack. "Folk are hungry, and winter's coming," he said, by way of explaining his decision to Maranda. "Can't let twenty starve to get the coin off one nobleman."
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Clasping her still damp and cool arms around Dorian , the blonde nodded. "You only did what was right, Dorian," she murmured into his ear. "You're a good man and I love you for it. Man was crazy, asking for five barrels in so many days. Why would Red send someone like that? D'ya think he's... a pirate?" she ended with a whisper as if the departed stranger might be listening.

Just as she breathed the word pirate, the fire sputtered and crackled as the fish, finally cooked soft, had falled off the stick and into the flames. The blonde tensed and gasped at the noise, then giggled as she realized what it was as she laid her head on Dorian's shoulder.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Dorian shrugged again. It was no matter to him what the man did, so long as he was fair by all business in this particular part of the world, especially with Dorian Drake. As for why Red had sent him...who knew ? He'd have to ask, but it was puzzling.

At the fish falling in the fire, Dorian also tensed, then gently let go of his wife, to go crouch by the fire and try to rescue what he could. "Ah, wife, dinner's a mess," he said, scorching some fingers as he struggled to get the meat out of the fire with the utensils available. "D'ye want me to go back out, try to find somewhat else ?"
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Laughing softly, the blonde pulled her husband back from the flames, chasing dinner which was quite hopeless by now. Kissing his cheek softly, she shook her head at his offer to go catch something else.

"I've all I really need right here," she replied and brushed her lips across his. "I went walkin' today and found an apple tree outside town. Its fruit was just now ripenin' so still there. I picked an apron full. They're inside. I'll have one o' those if I get hungry. If you're still hungry fer fish, then I suppose ye'll have ta go catch yerself somethin'," she grinned and kissed him again.

"Lucky woman I am ta have such as you," she purred, nestled in his arms.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

With Maranda in his arms, any dinner was sufficient. He smiled, cuddling her close, happy beyond measure. "Ah, my wife," he murmured, and kissed her again, and again. He would contentedly chew on the charcoaled fish, or an apple - fruit always tasted somewhat strange to him - or just look at her pretty face.

"I'll look for Aunt Dora t'morrow." he said, after some thought, and a lot more affectionate snuggling. And Redlon, too, he considered. "And Redlon, too," he added, since Dorian was by no means a dissembler.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Snuggled together in front of the shack, the fire taking the chill out of the early autumn night air, the two talked softly and cuddled much as the moon rose, bathing the ripples of the mer in silvery light. Maranda was oblivious to the fact that Dorian had not donned his clothing. The night was quiet and they were alone, that was all that mattered.

Serious tones of conversation about loved ones and friends perhaps displaced by the recent attack were interspearsed with chuckles and soft laughter of humurous moments in their days. All in all, Maranda thought it the best evening she'd had in a while as they fed the fire and enjoyed one another.

The half-moon had risen well into the sky and the fire had burned down very low when the the blonde began to yawn, surprised that Dorian hadn't already succumbed to sleep.

"Time for bed my love," she whispered drowsily in his ear.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Dorian smiled, his own eyes nearly shut. He banked up the fire for the night, enough to keep them warm, and then settled onto the mattress, again cuddling up to his wife. It was late, and it had been a working day; when the sun set, so did Drakes, fairly much. A night's rest would be welcome indeed. "I love ye, Maranda," he said sleepily, holding her close.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Sleep came quickly and the night passed peacefully as the moon made her regal track through the starry night, setting well before the sun was to make his appearance.

OOC: The 25th is finished. Feel free to start a new thread for the 26th.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Return to “On the Water Archive”