One falls in Elamshin ~ Scornac

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

Torigm Khace

One falls in Elamshin ~ Scornac

Post by Torigm Khace »

Samheen 18th, TradeTide

The metal gates spoke of opulence that few could understand. The House of Elamshin retained wealth in one form or another to maintain its status. Habriul has dressed down and provided for Scornac to do the same. And abandoned extension of the Bazaar sat opposite of the Elamshin House.

"Bums. There's a good use for the homeless in Gulanadur apart from tending fields on the upper tier. They make great cover. I had cleared out a couple of them in this area a few nights ago. They try to hit up anyone leaving the Elamshin house for a few days and then clear out, afraid of what the hired thugs inside might do to them."

Habriul settled into the cold stone having secured extra old ratty clothes as bedsheets and cover. "If the gates open, do your part as a beggar while I get ready for my part." A short time passed and the metal gates swung open with ease and an older adhiel glanced carefully around before closing the gates behind him and hurriedly trying make his way down the road.

Post by Guest »

Scornac listened following along with Habriul. He nodded in understanding feeling as if he was back in his politics class. He turned toward the gate, adn waited his hand clenching the amulet of Anasati he secrelty wore around his neck. he whispered thanks, adn prayer before taking it off, and tucking it safely into a pocket of the ripped breeches he wore. He sat down near the gate, and taking the time he dipped his hands in the muck on the side of the road wiping it on his hands, face, and clothing.

He nodded at his reflection in a dirty pool of water. He returned his gaze to the gate just in time to see an elderly gentleman exit. Crawling up on his knees Scorn played his part. Grabbing the Adhiel by the breeches Scorn rasped out in a scratchy, half hearted voice. It wasn't a very good impression, but he had to go on with it. "Please sir food, water anything. Please help. The young Adhiel held on half heartedly weakly trying to pose as a weak, and unhealthy beggar.
Adrian Elsonrae

Unamused...

Post by Adrian Elsonrae »

((Hello! You're friendly neighborhood Supporter is giving this thread a shot!))

The old Adhiel had to be pushing 400 by looks... still, despite the wrinkles in his face and the only thing left of his greasy hair was a noblemans tail. He walked like a rat, being aware of his surroundings, particularly when this "beggar" decided to cling to him like an insect.

Without a word, he kicked up with his other leg and a sudden 'click' could be heard, and Sornac found a boot dagger embedded deeply into his shoulder. The wound was burning as he brought his leg back and scuttled away from the "beggar's" grasp.

"Vermin!" He complained, while moving briskly away towards the direction of the bazaar.

It was hard to tell if the old fodder was aware of an assassin or he just wanted to kick around a beggar who dared touched him... but considering the fact that he was his age and an elder of a House who dealt in shady activities, and the fact he was headed in an area where there were more people watching instead of his own house, it was clearly seen that this old codger knew his life was marked.

Sornac's shoulder was bleeding, but he was still walkable, though the creeping feeling of numbness was going around his shoulder and down his left arm.

Nobody was around, and the old man still had a walk to go before he would be out in the open where anyone trying to kill him would see the deed... but his senses were aroused and he knew he was in danger.

Post by Guest »

Scorn felt the embedded blade, and cursed quietly the old adhiel. Wrenching the blade free Scorn decided it would be suspicious to chase after the man. Besides if this was the one they were after he would return shortly.

Scornac thanked Anasati. His one good hand in his pocket squeezing the medallion. the wound was minor, and he decided to try upon himself to heal it. He riped a bit of clothing of, and wraped it over the wound. Once the bleeding stopped The young adhiel plastered mud over the cloth to cover up any sign of it. He walked cautiously over to Habriul. "Umm what are we going to do? Sit here, and wait for another Adhiel to walk out, and put a knife through my chest?"
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

As Scornac approached Habriul's location, the weaponsmaster launched himself out of the location and began running, dragging Scornac along, "Fool! This one must die tonight. To be a beggar you don't need to hump their leg. We have to track him and finish the job. Don't fail me or I'll give you to Zala with worse wounds than that."

The weaponsmaster sprinted ahead of Scornac, the adrenalin of the chase pushing him onward. He spied the old man of the Elamshin turn a corner. Habriul paused for a second. "If you go down that alley, you'll cut him off. If you can at least give him pause, we'll be able to do him in together."

Habriul was off again at an alarming pace.

Post by Guest »

Scornac was surprised at frst by the suddeness. This old elf is the one we are after? He asked himself. At the sound of Zala's name Scornac jumped into action sprinting down the alley he turned right coming out to the edge of the bazaar. He positioned himself behind the wall, and listened to the light tread as the man walked down toward the main road. Kneeling, Scornac attempted to trip the man sticking his leg out at the man attempting a slight kick to his knee. Almost the same move had used during blade training.
Adrian Elsonrae

Oof!

Being headed off at the pass, the old man fell down on the road and sneered at Sornac, on his knees, but active as he pressed his back to the wall to prevent someone stabbing him from behind.

"Bah... Asanati take you! And if you think for one moment I will be returning to my goddess without seeing you at her side as well, you are quite mistaken!"

The old man pulled out a long dagger from his sleeve, pointing it at Sornac. Even the aged shaking in his stance from getting knocked down as he scooted up to a standing position gave the old man a little bit more credit. The rip in his pants from the trip gave way to some blood...

"If it will not be by the blade, it will be from the toads oil running through your veins..." He sneered with arrogance.

And indeed Sornac's left arm was starting to go numb. The dagger he used at his boot must have been poisoned. The old man may be fragile, but to get close enough to break him without getting further damaged would not be an easy task... for even as the old man held the dagger, his hand shook from age, but his grasp was firm.
Last edited by Adrian Elsonrae on Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Upon the elder's scraping rising up the wall, Habriul slows his run to a nimble hop and then a walk as he approaches but from a distance. "Well done, I won't be giving you to the wench after all, " he clearly addressed Scornac but kept a watchful eye over the sprite old man.

"So, elder Elamshin, do you have any questions before your death so that you have one less question to ask the dark mistress on the other side?" Habruil clicked open a clasp on his belt freeing his sword to be easily pulled from its scabbard. And then another which flipped backwards to reveal a row of dark metal throwing daggers.

Post by Guest »

Scorn felt woozy. He stood rigid upon his feet, but the cold sweat forming on his forehead was enough to show the beggining acts of the poison. Anger burned in Scornacs viens seeming for the minute to block out all feeling of the pain. Scornac did the same having been fitted with similar clothing. Scornac took out his own sword, and stood feebly there staring at the man. His head was starting to ache, and the slight numbness inhis sword arm was seeming to creep down his arm.
Adrian Elsonrae

In the end...

"Kids these days... no respect for their elders." The old man scoffed. "A nice way to treat one of the people who supplies the poison your guild uses... ah well... the Dark Mistress has allowed me over three-hundred yahren here..."

He straightened his back, taking another blade at his side... he knew his time was up... but submission would not be an option... to not attempt to bring death to his opponent wouldn't be right and proper.

"I have no need to know who sent you... I have a list several yards long of possibles... but so help me, I am not passing without my dignity!"

He took a weakened fencing stance... perhaps a couple of centuries ago, he would have been quite a stately opponent. Although the sword shook from his old age in his grasp, he was intent on at least leaving a scar on this young pup. He knew that even if he won this sword fight, deep down, his heart would more than likely give... the price one pays for indulging in his own wares.

"Come now, dwarven-spawn... both of you or just the healthy one if you so desire. I reget nothing! But let it be known that this Elamshin at least took his demise like a gentleman!"

Sornac could no longer feel his fingertips on his left arm, and he was becoming a little more shallow... considering how deep that dagger went into his shoulder, if that dagger was soaked to the hilt, the majority of the poison was now in his system...
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Seeing Scornac's hand weaken its grasp slightly, Habriul feinted in twisted the sword downward knocking the blades of the man to the side. A twist of his wrist and he cut the fingers of the old hands causing them to drop the blades to the ground.

"Like a gentlemen, of course. Now if you would kneel like a gentleman and allow my friend here to return to the favor that we'll have to fix. At least he'll wake up in a nice place in a few hours. Likely you'll wake up to Anasati chewing on your thigh bone."

Having seen the damage the old man could still cause, Habriul was not leaving anything more to chance. Scornac needed to take a life to know how it felt, and Habriul was not going to deny him that chance. It's a sacred thing that first job. It's a rush, a sickness, you know that your doing it for money and yet, there's a pleasure to it.

Habriul could only smile as he watched the movements of the man carefully. His reflexed were sharp and any movement to reach out and attack Scornac again, Habriul could kick or stab or block should the need arise.

Post by Guest »

Scornac felt his grip loosen, and decided he should now try to attack, and finish this. He needed medical attention fast. He took his lessons into effect, and noticed hos the older adhiel's stance was very much like the one he used on Habriul. Scornac replayed the vision of the lesson quickly, and knew what to do. He held in his left hand his short sword, but he had tucked a certain dager up his right sleeve.

The young Adhiel short toward the Elamshin's heart his shortsword fast, and true. Jumping forward with the motion bringing his right hand up, and slipping the poisioned dagger from his sleeve attempted to slide into the elf's gut. Scornac felt no guilt. A strange lust burned inside him as he went for the kill.
Adrian Elsonrae

X_x

"And may she send vipers to bite off your-"

The old man's insult was cut short as he was cut open like a stuck pig... he keeled over, looking up at Sornac for a couple of moments with a bloody grin... his last fleeting moments wishing a slower death than he was blessed with.

The man lumped over face first to the ground... as still as... well... a corpse.

((Nice RP?))

Post by Guest »

Scornac dropped his short sword, and appeared relieved to see the dagger protruding from Elamshin's stomach. He turned, and smiled weakly up at Habriul. "Is that what you......" Scornac slumped at his instructors feet. When he fell the viens on the back of his arm were visible, and appeared to be tenged green beneath the brown skin. The toad's oil was obviously doing its job, and a lot fast through the young adhiel.
Torigm Khace

Post by Torigm Khace »

Habriul stepped forward and eased the fall of Scornac with his foot as he sheathed his own blade. "I'm sure you can still hear me, S, at least for the moment. Just relax. The lady poison in the guild will get you straightened up in just a bit."

Habriul pulled a small vial from his shirt pocket looking around. He spilled a couple of drops of blood between his finger tips and swiped his thumb once on his tongue. "Tosca, " he whispered.

Returning the vial to his jacket pocket, he pulled out a flask with a little liquor within it. He poured a little on the wound of Scornac then dumped the rest on the elder Elamshin's head. Hoisting them easily, one over each shoulder. Habriul took careful measures to slink along long forgotten alleyways through the city to return to the Guild.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Thread Skilled

Skills Awarded

Running *
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”