Where cousins meet (Ssinith, Lady Vlast, Thrandil)

Moderator: Mods

Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Where cousins meet (Ssinith, Lady Vlast, Thrandil)

Post by Thrandil »

Thran watched Lady Vlast carefully as she enjoyed the show. A truly remarkable lady she was, for a Dark one. Yet, the fact they were Adhiel should bond them, instead of put them into different categories. It was his goal to unify all Adhiel again, and so he would try.

"Indeed I do, Milady. Yet I think I can find that homeland once again, just as much as I believe your people, my darker brethren if I may be so free, only have a bad reputation because shallow sighted men and women made them look that way. Deep down inside we are all Adhiel. We might not share all the same traits, but we should be unified once again. Surface and underground. If we are one, the Adhiel race can accomplish anything. That is what I believe and what I want to achieve." Thrandil said as he saw the approaching young mage.

As he greeted with respect, so the young officer returned it. "Achlaliel ganiu inaidha. I am General Thrandil Mael-Muire of the Emerald Guard's Diplomatic Affairs. I'm good for now. Indeed I have seen battle recently. Wolves tore this tabard apart in Dort. Before that, I battle Oneists in the forests of Taquar and in my pursue of them that took me to Dort. Now, all I have left is the Emerald Guard and the memory of a second homeland." he said and paused. "How are you doing yourself, Ambassador?"

*I greet you, dark brother.

After Ssin answered, Thran turns back to Lady Vlast. "I apologise, Milady. I was distracted by the Ambassador of your nation. I hope you can forgive me."

Thrandil didn't try to suck up, afraid of pushing them away from his goals. His quest for unison would be hard to complete if he couldn't befriend his own brethren. Even if they had grown apart in the past.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"My apologies as well, my Lady. Perhaps I should have picked a more opportune time to approach, but I worried for our esteemed brethren."

He was young, and his ears slightly sank in the presence of his older peers. How he loathed politics, but he was genuinely concerned with the affairs of the world. This news from Dort troubled him even further... perhaps getting the portal problem taken care of around that area would seem more prudent if violence was getting out of hand there.

"Doing well, General... I have had concerns of my own about that area. They are our allies, but seem to be plunging themselves into a lot lately. It troubles me that you ran across such turmoil as of late. Still, please relax in our company. You will find no enemies with us."

He had the look of an honest mage, not a politician. Despite the war scars on his ear and cheek, he was still a teen. Still, the black robes made him rather imposing as he was rather tall for his race. He could almost pass for Achadiel, but was proportioned and lanky as a full blood. Though slightly homely, he was dignified. His eyebrows were bushy and his jaw a little more square.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Indeed." Lady Vlast smiled at them both. "Our express purpose in coming to Citadel is to find friends and forge new ties. Though I will admit to surprise in finding a surface adhiel so welcoming." She admitted. "The nobles of Kislovan have not been nearly so accepting." Vlast sniffed delicately.

"So what news from Dort?" Vlast asked. "Ever since the Duke retired to his lands and stopped talking it up, one has heard very little about it." She smiled slyly. "I should like to hear more than the usual glowing platitudes."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith let the Lady Vlast speak, but noted the announcement from the herald about a chosen woman to dance with the Caesar. Knowing Vlast's desires, he pondered for a moment, looking to Vlast and then to the Herald with his eyes with a smile. He did not want to interrupt the conversation with Thrandil with any more obvious words, as he was curious to hear about Dort himself.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thrandil smiled at Vlast. "Well, milady, all the friends I can make for Taquar are welcome too. I would be happy to tell you about Dort, but maybe you would like to compete for the first dance with the new Caesar, like most other females here? I'm sure Ambassador DIllil will fill you in afterwards."

Thran then turned back to both in general, as he started to about Dort. If Vlast would leave, Thran would turn towards the Ambassador. "I can't tell you much from Dort, as I've only been to Islay. The Abbey and Hafne mostly. The uprisings and the war there have put most of the great city to ashes. During my stay there was still a military perimeter and most of the city was razed, but people try to get around as best as they can. On both sides there have been many casualties and thus neither had the men to spare to pursue other evils. We offered our help and hunted the scourge of Islay, the Mother's Hunter. Being corrupted, he changed the balance of the Island. We defeat both his pack of wolves as well as himself, and it's powers have been split now. We can only hope it will be better this way." Thran summarized the story, leaving out some of the details that none would have to know yet.

"I hope that answers your questions about Dort. As far as I know they're still having troubles, but I'm not the one to sort them out. I'm to find allies, friends and help. If I can, I want to find master Derron even. Haven't heard of him since I left to find the princess, and I can only hope he's still alive. There's much I still need and want to learn from him." he continued, his hand going through his hair and his eyes closing for a moment as he mentioned Derron.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"By Molten..."

S'sinith sighed at the chaos going on. Perhaps the portal problem he left behind would be good to get fixed after all. He had heard that the Mother as the Crone could be cruel, but how would this split in power see itself through? Particularly in the neighboring Dort who were allies in this, it could easily spill over and turn into a bloody mess. The Ambassador's face fell slightly, his ears slightly lowered in concern.

"I have some unfinished business around that area, but I have other potential matters to attend to... one which you are aware of. I am considering offering assistance to your journey to Pax Balthasar. The idea of the free worship of gods appeals to me as the Firebrand of Molten. I have duties here which I must finish first."

He left the mention away of knowing that other Dark Adhiel would be joining the fray, letting Thrandil make mention of it. He wanted to let someone know the potential dangers without insulting Ulder.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

"Of course Ambassador. Your presence would be highly appreciated. It would be the first time this era that both adhiel races would work together in a struggle for peace. Feel free to finish your business at your leisure. I'll look forward to meet you in Pax." Thran said, trying to show his respect as well as accepting Gulanadur as an ally of Taquar.

"We will be sporting our own dark adhiel too. You might have met her, she's here too, somewhere. Raevyn d'Altamooriana. She's a hell of a fighter, but seems a bit distant at times. Cold blooded. She started her training together with me and general d'Anorre." Thran said, wanting to get more friendly with the Ambassador by showing his friendship with one of Gul's offspring.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

His ears perked up in shock at the news of a Dark Adhiel in the Emerald Guard... particularly THAT one. This was quite interesting news to him as the shock was far from hidden at that revelation.

"Really? I... have not met her yet, tell me more about her. I had not heard that a D'Altamooriana had become an Emerald Guard. Not many Dark Adhiel prior to the war were allowed on the surface and this is the first news of a noble name being a part of a prestigious army of the surface."

He did not dare try to tarnish whatever respect she had earned with this man, particularly with what he had heard of her. What did this man know about Raevyn? Was he aware of the potential stigma this woman carried? How in the blazes did she become an Emerald Guard?! He feigned that this was the first time hearing about the Dark Adhiel, though he wasn't truly lying as he had not heard she was with the Emerald Guard.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

The adhiel warrior glanced around before answering to the Ambassador. "There's not much I can tell, Ambassador." he said, and took a small pause, licking his lips.

"You must know, I've only been with her during my training period, after that I lost track of her. However, I can vouch for her on the battlefield. A skilled fighter. Wouldn't want to have her against me. The thing is though, when we went out in the woods and fought orc and demon alike, she just seemed so cold blooded. I'd rather leave her home then have her with me. The cold bloodedness, it might turn against us someday. It's like she's having her own fight instead of that of the team she's working on. Liable to the unit she'd be in." he explained his thoughts about Raevyn, thinking back of their training and freeing Windrunner from the Orc encampment as they were led by Derron and Theorn.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith weighed those words with what he had heard and what he knew of house D'Altimooriana. He spoke in Thrandil's hushed tone, starting to realize why Vlast had him watch out for her. And her going with Ulder could potentially bring politics to Ulder's doorstep whether he liked it or not. This new news turned his attitude cold to the situation, but not to the warrior before him.

"Allow me to tell you about house D'Altamooriana, good general. They are a merchant house who is well known for their medicine and the worship of the Moonlady. They and their allies of the noble house Ach-Lunari are much beloved by the common people because of their fairness, generosity, and kind hearts. If that is her true nature, she carries much more political danger than you realize. She did negotiations in order to allow Gulanadur to reach the surface in peace, but not in junction with her house. Even if she does not mean to, she does not represent what her house is known for. In times when our kind finally walks the surface, there will be enemies watching for a mistake, not to mention anger from the more zealous of my people in the fact that she gives a merchant house a bad name with her actions."

He sighed, seeing the potential for disaster to Ulder's quest.

"Ulder does not wish for politics to enter his plans, but bringing her along if all you say is true... I may have to reconsider how to I am going to work with your quest in Pax."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

The Emerald Guardsman took in every word the dark adhiel said and tried to form a clear idea about this woman he had called a friend in the past. "If what you say is true, she might endanger both Ulder and his troupe in different ways. I can not hold her from going, as I will be joining them myself. However, I do not think she will last long as an Emerald Guard if she makes a mistake. Not in my world at least, and I think my comrade General will stand by my side in that decision." he said, looking at S'sinith, trying to figure any emotion out that his face would show.

"Is there nothing Gulanadur can do against the political threat this person forms to your people?" he asked the Ambassador.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"We knew little about what happened to her after the talks and what she had been doing before hand... knowing this... I will have to tread around the coals. Knowing Kislovan has not been very appreciative of us being here as of yet, they might also decide to look down at you at best... at worst... considering the whispers of the civil wars they had in this past Yahren."

This was getting deeper and deeper into the thick of a potential political catastrophe and S'sinith knew it.

"If she is not workable with you, it will not show unity between our people. Hopefully they are too worried about their own affairs to do more than look down. I am not that worried about them... I will consult with Vlast on the morrow about this, but I feel that I will at least need to monitor the situation from a political stance. Whether Ulder desires it or not, just having her with him is going to bring too many whispers and I have warned him... if she was acting on her own, I could join without bringing Gulanadur politics into this, but she is working with the surface Adhiel as a solider. Ulder needs to be protected even if she does nothing wrong. Too many who are older and wiser than I may take that as an insult."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

"I will heed your warnings. Raevyn, however, I can't help with for now. She's been acting alone for the past months. To me, she isn't on the group whom I offered Ulder to help out with, but I don't know if she will be there out of her own free will." Thrandil said and looked at the ongoings for a moment, shaking his head at all the ladies who tried to get the favour of the Caesar.

"We leave in the morrow, so I can't await your conclusions. Might you join us later in Pax, and I you can't find me, try to find anyone of our group and tell them you came for me. I don't suppose we will be hard to find." he added.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

"I believe it best if they... don't know about my involvement right away. Ulder will know, but if they know there is politics about, it might harm the morale of your group. If you can send me letters through the portal of any drastic changes, we can act accordingly and quietly."

S'sinith nodded to himself, liking that idea. He would have to tip toe through this situation without stepping on any feet.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Morg

Post by Morg »

Archived with no skills awarded. :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”