Opposites Attract: Mezatino and Craghley Sidethread

Moderator: Mods

Craghley

Opposites Attract: Mezatino and Craghley Sidethread

Post by Craghley »

OOC: continued on from 'dis place.

Silk..?

Craghley cursed inwardly. Not for seeming to bring sour memories back to the surface for his new acquaintance - as, judging from the flicker of that expression upon Mezatino's face indicated. Not even, from the way Mezatino mirrored his use of 'epitomy', for a linguistic mishap.
Epitome, ya daft bugger. An' using it with the rest of yer words stands out like a laird in shit.
Rather, it was for stumbling into a converstaion of politics, which he knew little enough of... without knowing anybody, not even of anybody of note here at the Citadel. How to keep this going smoothly?
Well, he could always try and mask the thinking process with sips of wine. Both useful and delicious.
Just be relaxed, watch the crowd and Mr. Dolce with equal interest. If yer lucky, he'll think the tardiness of your replies is mere laziness, rather than ignorance.

Craghley gave a small grunt.
"And what do you know of Silk, mister Dolce?"
Last edited by Craghley on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

"Honestly a lot less than I wish to know about someone as powerful as to be the Imperial Secretary." Mezatino sipped at his wine some more. "You see Signore Donovan, to me he is the perfect example of 'we are who we want to be'. Silk went from being no one, to the Tyrant of Muchislie, to the Imperial Secretary of the Seven Isles. No one even knows his real name, thats how fucking successful he has been."

He grinned broadly at the Islay fellow. "He just took the world by its balls and broke all the rules he felt like breaking. No divine sense to guide him, no chilvalrous dreams, just his own want and mortality."

Draining his glass, he began to stare at the many people enjoying the festivities. Hailing the new Caesar and what not. "Well enough on politics my friend, as they bore me so much. Tell me something fantastical!" Mezation looked back at Craghley as he refilled his glass. "Anything my friend, just pique my interrest."
Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

DAZED & CONFUSED
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Seems you were right, laddie. Honour, truth, justice; all are just shackles for those on the road to power. What a bloody disgrace.

"You're quite the story teller, erm, Signore Dolce. I'm unsure whether I can give you something of particular note."

Craghley still had some wine left, which he drank while looking at the nearby tables for something to eat.
Ha, yes! Of course.

"Though but a couple of nights ago we felled a creature that could turn a man into a wolf with a upon touch, and saw the two leaders of our hunting party tear the heart out from its' chest and eat it then and there in front of us, raw, beating, and glowing with the light of the Mother. The beast itself had plagued the land of Dort, leading a pack of wolves to hunt the good folk of the land and bring down farmer and fine soldier alike."
Craghley downed the rest of his drink, content to leave it at that. He smiled, wondering whether Cassio Dolce thought he was pulling his leg. If he were, perhaps it'd have come off by now.
Well, don't stop your 'fairytales' now.
"Seems the creature became corrupted after the demons ravaged Taquar and the Oneists put the entire land to the torch..."
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

Mezatino too had been looking at the tables near and far for some kind of food. However, Craghley's words brought him right back to attention.

"Merde!" Mezatino exclaimed with a truely notable interest. "My dear Donovan, are you fucking with me?" Mezatino leaned in, eyes as wide as a child's upon first seeing magick performed. "Tell me more."

"You can leave all the stuff out about demons other beasts of the Nether. Tell me about these gore-feasting companions you hunted with! Really now?" Nothing but pure exstatic attention was upon his countenance. "They really ate a fucking heart?"
Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

DAZED & CONFUSED
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Well... he seems pleased now. That's something at least, though the Mother alone knows what kind of gossip you've started.

"That's about it, really. We had the thing surrounded when one of my superiors and I managed to disarm it for a second. Next thing I know, . whoosh! Ever felt an arrow pass inches from your head? The other comman- sorry, general - fired off his bow that moment right into it's heart. I felt the bloody thing go in, I was that close. Then the Hunter staggered back, fell, and tore the arrow from its' chest-"

Craghley leant forward to grab an hors d'oeuvre from a passing servant, and settled back into his seat to finish off the tale.

"- and pierced upon the tip was his heart. Bloody impressive thing it was, too. And then our two generals just went over to it, grabbed the arrow and then..."

In a swift motion, the Achadhiel plucked the hors d'oeuvre from its' skewer, chewed, and swallowed. His expression betrayed how much he enjoyed the little snack, and he waved the skewer about as he continued talking.

"Ate the thing while it still pumped out blood, glowing like fire in the middle of the night. But I tell you this; it was a hunt. Not some farce of a thing where nobles ride out on their horses and send dogs to hunt rabbits. This Hunter was nastier than the pack of wolves it set on us, and let me tell you - it could just as easily have been all our guts that were scoffed down that night. It was a hunt, but both sides were after each other."

For a moment, Craghley frowned.

"I don't know what's so fascinating about the heart, really. I mean, it's no worse than eating haggis..."
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

Mezatino chuckled at his friend as he sat back and let a wry smile take its appearance. "Love the little...re-enactment with the finger food." Reluctant to touch any of the so called 'sophisticated' food, he pulled out the tiny baggy of orange slices from his coat pockets.

"Actually I'm not quite sure what haggis is, but from the sound of it...well I just do not see it being very..." Pausing for a moment he chewed on the orange. "appetizing."

"No no, what I was getting at is how ironic and terrifically malicious it seems. I mean, they hunted down a beast! Some ferocious creature, only to be the beasts themselves. To eat a fresh fucking heart, still pumping its own fucking blood out everywhere!" His words were practically yelled at Craghley he was so enthused by it all.

Petting his monkey, he smiled at the man beside him. "As for the arrow thing, I truely know how you felt. I've been in a few of my own...wars." I wonder how Signore Alvero and Simalde are faring now? "In fact, I have quite literally showered in a man's blood." Smiling, he drank from his glass again and smiled. Pearly teeth, in nothing but the most non-chalant smile you would ever see.

DAZED & CONFUSED
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Craghley felt he had to lean back a bit from Mezatino. The mans' excitement was a physical force in itself; your eardrums begged you to spare them the pain and put them as far from the source as possible. Yet his words, however they were presented, made Craghley narrow his eyes a little.
He doesn't quite understand... I could probably speak to this 'Signore' Dolce for burns about the Mother and he'd just think of the face that gave him his first bloody good beating, I bet.

"Basically the inside of a sheep stuffed inside of the sheep, again. Quite delicious, though it's not important at the moment. I mean to say - how you perceive the irony of that hunt - well, I'd say you ken the nature of people intimately in many ways, but a larger picture eludes you. But you were saying," and here Craghley hesitated, his eyebrows furrowing. "... do I actually want to know why you've been 'showered' in blood?"

Of course you do, ya blood-hungry bugger.
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

"Once again my friend, haggis just doesn't sound that appetizing to myself." Mezatino let his friend down softly. "Do not fret, as I am sure you would not have a taste for the escargo of World's Mouth."

Smiling and laughing, he looked at Craghley. "Does a larger picture really elude me? How can you be so sure my friend." Leaning in he smiled devil-ishly. "Are you sure my facade of lies, isn't so well spun that you think I don't even know of the larger picture, much less that I am a key maker of it."

"Well my friend you see, the Mouth is run by many people, several of who are enterprising men of the illicit areas. Lets just say, my position, was to get things done. One day, this guy Alvero decides that this guy Simalde needs to take a walk. He needs to leave the scene of crime. For the first time in quite awhile, I was there just enjoying an ale, and all of a sudden, things go to shit. Hart and his men don't give in easily, Alvero brought like two dozen men, and I have a knife in my hand. Next thing I knew, my blade was completely sheathed in some guy's throat, and blood was all over me." Mezatino sat back and drank some more wine. "But then again I could be imagining things, I was doing alot of mind altering substances at that time. By the way, do you know where to find a good alchemist?"

DAZED & CONFUSED
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Craghley simply blinked. So, Dolce was a criminal, a man of great vice, and possibly a murderer (make that that likely a murderer). From the 'Mouth'... World's Mouth? He'd deftly turned words against the Islayer, enough to make him feel a little humility. He'd imparted, casually, his shady nature and a bloody encounter. Then asked for an alchemist? And throughout, he'd been... charming.

"Oh, I can't know what does and doesn't get past you, to be sure. But I can say what I think, and like the oaf I suppose I am, I do. Another thing I don't know is where an alchemist can be found..."

He eyed the crowd again, but settled upon Mezatino's little monkey.

"I wouldn't like to make you uncomfortable, but would like to hear more about World's Mouth if you'd be willing to tell. Also," he added, nodding towards Ladro, "what is that?"
Last edited by Craghley on Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

"Hmm...too bad." Mezatino replied about the alchemist, though mostly it was too himself.

"As for speaking your thoughts, do not worry about that." He smiled at the man and ate another orange. "Trust me, they may say silence is golden, but with people who do nothing manipulate the world, well in my opinion their silence is as black as their hearts. It truely is nice to hear honest words, than to dance around the vocal fires."

Mezatino cradled Ladro to his chest when Craghley mentioned the little thief. "Ah this is here is Ladro, he is a cappuchin monkey. I have to say, this little vaffanculo is a shady little bastard. Watch him," He smiled rogue-ishly. "He will run off with your greatest treasures!"

Leaning back he sipped more and more wine, letting his cheeks grow rosy like his soul. "So you want to know about the Mouth." Allowing Ladro to move back to his shoulder, he began to press lightly on his wine glass, trying to judge how fragile it was. He seems nice and honest enough, but you can never tell... "Well first off, everything is for sale, everything has a price. Be it the nobles, a marble statue, the Prodesse, and even..." He paused dramatically and motioned at his self passively. "people like me."

DAZED & CONFUSED
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Mezatino wrote:Mezatino cradled Ladro to his chest when Craghley mentioned the little thief. "Ah this is here is Ladro, he is a cappuchin monkey. I have to say, this little vaffanculo is a shady little bastard. Watch him," He smiled rogue-ishly. "He will run off with your greatest treasures!"

At this, Craghley's hand flew instinctively to his side. He even sighed a little when he encountered the smooth, cold metal of the whiskey flask still clasped snugly to his belt. It was a fair bet the man was telling the truth about that... 'monkey'. Good thing he just gave the little devil a target, then.

"This World's Mouth, it sounds... lawless, almost," he said while keeping a hand on the flask. "Well, not quite. Merely corrupt. Which probably means that it is very large, and very rich. No? And it cannot be so bad having produced someone such as you, Mr. Dolce."

Cassio Dolce, hmm? Would you use your real name here of all places and be so open about about your past? Depends... whether there'd be any enemies in the throng.

"I believe we all have our own price, anyway," he finished half to himself.
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

"Hah! Lawless you say?" Mezatino quipped. "No no, too many officials for it to be lawless." Looking down, he realized that his wine was gone once more, but decided that maybe he was drinking a little too much, a little too quickly. I have a naturally loose tongue as it is. "Ah corrupt, well now you are on a much better track. Though, I dare say, corrupt is too...hmm...its too simple to compare. Corruption is like a small market's worth in the city. No, the problem is much larger, think of it as a plague that has spread to every niche of a metropolis, and then maybe...just maybe you might have grasped the entirety."

He listened as Craghley continued. Spreading his arms wide, Mezatino elaborated more. "You have no idea. The Mouth is exceedingly expansive, and as for rich? Well you cannot imagine. We Mouthies, set the standard for fashion and technology. It may take awhile for it to show up in places like this," Once again he motioned to the Citadel as a whole. "But damn, do we make the standards."

He sat back smiling, half reminescent of this home. "We even have a whole fleet of airships as our armada." He glanced sidelong. "Hell we used them to practically pimp slap the King of Western Kingdom, in the war over Aveas."

DAZED & CONFUSED
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

"Perhaps a plague isn't the right example in that case. A plague would spread like wildfire, yes, but would cripple and destroy. The Mouth, you say, is exceedingly rich and influential, not poor and crippled. Hence corruption must simply be your system of governance - nothing more, nothing less."

Has Signore Dolce had enough wine? I know I have - don't want to go and say something stupid.

"Pray tell, what exactly is an airship?"
Morg

Post by Morg »

Archived due to player inactivity.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”