Icy Quest, part II: Travelling with the Guardian (Sam 19th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Ashilda and Hex moved in time. While Ashilda ran down the hill Hex build the shield of snow around the Guardian and it made the men that had already surrendered gasp and making strange signs in front of their chest, warding off evil.

Ashilda and Hex were both there, in front of the man, who in spite the mini snowstorm was raising his sword, cursing on his breath "For DOMINICUS" as he let it down.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex moved now with confidence. She had been practicing her moves with the Glaive and now she put them to use. Blocking the ill advised sword blow from above, Hex then maneuvered to cut the man down where he stood.

Hex let out a cry of rage and anger as she attacked the man. All she wanted was for them to die, all of them.

Hex's mind raced with the power that flowed around her. Her eyes twinkled bright blue as she say her enemy retreat and thrown down their arms. Her wicked grin was etched across her face as if it was a permanent feature. This is what she lived for and finally it was all coming together in the land of her queen in a shown of blood.

Snarling Hex replied to the doomed man in white...

"This Dominicus of yours is dead fool, and if he is not, he will soon wish he was..." Hex let her words trail off as her Glaive sliced deep into the man.

(OOC: If Hex kills the man, then....If not then ignore the next part. I will be away for a week or so just to let you know.)

Hex looked down at the bleeding corpse before her and then her eyes raised to the other two doomed men.

"Ashilda, can you see to our friend? I will kill these others."

This time Hex did not rush in to kill them, rather she once again drew the power that was around her. Hex thought of all that she had seen in the battle and all that she had learned and she wanted to try something new. Hex brought up a small wind to blow the snow around the two men about, then she tried to turn the two men into ice statues like their now beheaded friend.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

OOC: in total there were 4 men left with the Guardian. One backed off, two followed suit, one attacked. :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Ashilda da'Svafa

Post by Ashilda da'Svafa »

Ashilda winced slightly at the sound of Hex's weapon striking into the man. Until now she had been far enough away that the sounds of the fight had blended into each other, but there was no disguise for this sound. Keeping her eyes averted from the fallen soldier, she moved closer to the group and angled towards the Guardian.

At Hex's comment about killing the others, she shook her head and held up a cautioning hand. "Wait," she suggested. "Let us learn a little from them first. I, for one, would dearly like to know more about this Dominicus they speak of. If there is someone who means to bring harm to our land, it would be good to know as much about them as possible."

She had reached the Guardian by now and tried to get a feel for how hurt he was. The blood on his fur could easily have come from those he had fought as from his own veins, and the thickness of the fur made it difficult to spot wounds. Finally, she settled for asking, "Are you hurt, my friend?"

Although most of her attention was centred on the large creature, Ash kept a track of what Hex was doing out of the corner of her eye. She could tell the the fighting had fired the woman, but she hoped that her eagerness to kill would not stop them from finding the answers they lacked. It would be a lot easier to find a way to fix the problem if they knew a bit more about what the problem actually was.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Hex was approaching the man attacking the Guardian and she managed to strike him down. As she did so, the other man put down their weapons entirely and made a run for the ship.

Meanwhile Ashilde checked the Guardian. He was lying on the ground but he gave the mage a grimace. He was bleeding from several wounds, but none of them mortal. They had intervened timely.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex did not want anyone to escape. Howling into the wind Hex started to run after the men. Her mind was more that pure violence now for her scope of battle extended beyond the mere physical. First Hex needed to stop or slow down the three men, to do so she summoned up a wall of blowing snow in front of the fleeing men.

Hex no longer felt like the young girl that had fled from Trothgard so long ago. suddenly this quest had done more than set her on a path, it had caused her to morph into the woman she always should have been. Gone was the self doubt and questions of her path. She knew her path, her queen knew her.

Like the wolf, she moved to kill her prey.
~
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Hex had ignored any calls from her mage fledgling friend, and now it was too late to heed her. A wall of snow stopped the three fleeing men, and they were forced to turn and see the revenge of the Ice Queen approach them.

As Hex neared the men menancingly, intend on the kill, they gasped and tried to move out of the way, their weapons already surrendered. "In the name of the One, and all that is most holy, have mercy," one of her victims gasped and threw himself on the ground, making a curious sign in front of this chest.

The Guardian was slowly getting back on his knees with the help of Ashilda "Daugtherrrrrrrrr of the Ice," he growled loudly, "Save us one who can talk."

OOC: I propose we move on without waiting for Ashilda. She can catch up later :)
Last edited by Maeve on Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex flashed an evil grin back to the Guardian. Without much sport she killed two of the men leaving one remaining. Not the one who had made the strange signs. That done she hauled him over to where the Guardian and Ashilda were gathered. making sure he was hobbled so that he could not run, Hex moved to gather the dog teams and the sleds. Her mind though full of images of the Queen, and the feeling of power that flowed through her.

Upon returning to the valley Hex once again moved over to the ship. As she prepared to summon the cold and ice once again, she turned to her two traveling companions...

"I assume that you have no use for this boat?"

OOC: sorry for the short post, I am a little busy at the moment. I am curious though where you would like to go from here?
~
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

OOC: LOL! Hex being efficient. There is a story waiting but I had hoped against hope that Ashilda would be posting. Moving on.

IC: The unarmed men, who had surrendered but received no quarter were efficiently killed by the warrior woman. There was a measure of respect in the Guardian's eye as she excuted her judgement, yet the snow colored deeply red in protest.

The one remaining live person cowered near the hull of the ship, as Hex examined the entire ship. For some strange reason this ship looked like it could have been almost afloat save for the wood that had started working because of the ice.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex snarled at the man.

"You should be dead."

Moving about the ship, it confused her. The ship was obviously a source of much magic, Man's magic and in the eye of hex, a thing to be destroyed.

Moving back from the ship Hex crouched in the snow looking at it and playing with the snow with her fingers...

Ah my Queen we are victorious in our battle. With your blessings I have defeated the mage and the snow is red with the blood of our enemies. Before me though is a riddle of a floating ship. Is it a prize or a icon that will bring too much change to this land? You have given my life meaning and I live to serve and fulfill your wishes. I must ponder this riddle before I move to find you.

Standing Hex wiped down her Glaive and moves towards the Guardian and the quiet Ashilda, perhaps she is not used to the shedding of blood. Looking over the wounds of the Guardian and doing what she can as she speaks to him...

"So my friend, how do you feel? Your courage upon the field of battle is shall we say, exhilarating? What do you want with the man? He is a liar and one who deals against the Queen. My quest has not changed, I just need to figure out what to do with this ship. For the moment, burring it comes to mind first, any thoughts or would you like to rest for a bit first?"
~
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

"Daughterrrr, your courrrrrage is encourrranging," the Guardian smiled, sitting up and groping the worst of his wounds with his hand, giving counterpressure to hold the flow. "Please, " the lone man who survived begged, "I can stop the bleeding.. will you let me?"

Giving the man a suspicious growl the Guardian nonetheless pressed forward his arm, the pain perhaps too much to maintain for long. Bowing repeatedly and keeping a close eye on both the Guardian and Hex who came back from inspecting the hull, the white robed man started inspecting the wond and then took some snow to carefull clean it out. The Guardian winced but did not protest and within burns the man was tearing pieces of cloth from his robe, so that he could wrap it around the Guardians arm.

The snowtorm had stopped and Hex could see in the near distance a kind of shield shimmering, trying to cover an entire valley. The Guardian saw it too, and smiled "The Queen has rrrrrrrrrestorrrrrred herrrrrrrr valley."

Upon Hex plaintive questions regarding the man who just finished bandanging the white ice monster the Guardian gave a thoughtful gaze "Daughterrrrrrr, perrrrrrrrhaps he can shed some light. We need to know if we can furrrrrrrrrrtherrrrrrr serrrrrrrrve herrrrrrrr."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex paid very close attention to the man as he tended to the Guardian. Healing was something Hex was new at and there was no way she was going to try and heal with her powers. In a way she was grateful for she was unable to help her friend and Ashilda seamed to have gone into some sort of shock after the battle.

"Yes I can see the shimmering. We have cut out the blight and I can feel her power all around us. I agree that this one may be of use and I already know within my heart that our service to the Queen is far from over."

Hex reached in and took the man's chin in her mailed grasp. Turning his face towards her Hex studied the man for a moment.

Hex was calm and cool as she addressed the man having learned in a land far from here that sometimes the fist is not the only way to retrieve an answer...

"Well? I have not cut out your tongue yet, speak answers to our questions. Do you have a name? Do you understand where you are and what you have done?"

All the while Hex brought herself under control and was reaching out with her new senses, feeling the power around her making sure there were no disturbances. She was also feeling the power of the queen, an almost intoxicating sensation for her. She kept herself in check though knowing that in all things that control would only come with practice and training, not unlike any other weapon or tool. Go easy girl, your the fresh meat on this training ground so baby steps girl, baby steps.. She was still thrilled though with her rush of power and the victory that it had brought.
~
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

OOC: I am trying to arrange for others to join us soon :) Meanwhile we'll continue our delightful story.

IC: The young man (for he was 18 yahren at most now that Hex saw him upclose) watched with wide open blue eyes as Hex approached him "I.. I.. I am Ortus, from the Book of Awakening. We were here under the guidance of Father Auctor to spread the word of the One god Dominicus, the Glorious One, the Bringer of Light." He stumbled over his words, yet it sounded reharshed as if he had said it many times. He blushed as he added "We were to guard the ship as the Legions... slayed the pagans."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: Oh goodie! More people. Hope they are on my side, who else would want to wander the wastes of this land...:D

Hex focused on the boy as he spoke. Letting her self down into a squat before the boy, Hex listened attentively as he spoke. letting him finish hex let the words the boy spoke roll around his mind before she answered. He mind raged, she wanted to rip the boys heart out and eat it before him, but she kept both her inner and outer self calm.

"Ortus is it? Very well then. Lets first as a series of questions and then you will answer. Firstly, was Father Auctor here today? You speak of Legions? Where are they now and how many are there? Let's not ask too much at one time but I assume that this Book of Awakening is a military order. Speak to me of this one god of yours, in brief, I will have more questions. "

hex looked to her companions. Legions was a bad word, she was not worried about the fight, this was Trothgard after all and that ship did not hold enough solders to do the job they intended. Besides there was not going to be a ship left in a few burns anyway.
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
~
Ashilda da'Svafa

OOC: Sorry for my abrupt disappearance. Suddenly uprooting myself and moving state left me unexpectedly without Internet access for a couple of weeks. :( We should be pretty much sorted now though. As it is, it does make sense for it to have played out like it has…

IC:
Ashilda had watched Hex dispatch two of the remaining men with brutal efficiency, a slightly sick feeling in her stomach. So much death… She had answered the question of whether she could truly shoot to kill another human, and she wasn’t entirely sure she liked the answer. She liked it even less when her eyes rested on the men she had turned to ice. Her face drained of colour until it almost matched the clean snow on the hillside and she averted her gaze.

It is a cruel way to die, but one that is very much of this land. They came here to foul our land – the Queen’s land – and it was her power that let me stop them. The land can heal now… She knew she was trying to justify the event to herself, but she had to feel that there was some purpose behind her actions. If she didn’t she was probably going to disgrace herself by being violently sick.

The surviving foreigner was doing something to the Guardian now, and she forced her attention back to events around her. Her eyes widened as she realised that he was healing the shaggy beast, unsure if her surprise was more because the man was a Healer or because her warlike companions had allowed him to perform the healing.

She focussed on Hex as the woman began questioning the man, trying to keep her attention on the task at hand. There would be time later to come to terms with what she had had to do. For now, she turned her mind to mulling over their prisoner's words. The One? The robed one mentioned this One as well... The One god? One god with a certain amount of cheek, anyway! The thought brought a wry quirk to her lips and she shook her head. She would let Hex handle the questioning for now.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Ortus' eyes darted to the mage in frozen in ice, and decapicitated by Hex "Yes.." he hesitated slightly but swallowed and bravely went on "The book of Awakening is no military order, nor is the Purification who led us here to spread the Light. We all follow the one God Dominicus who wrote the books that we live by. The book of Awakening is but one of many." He looked worried at Hex, offering hesitantly "Sister, have you never read the Holy Scripture? Can I perchance interest you in a small copy?"
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex snapped her hand around the jaw of the boy. Really he was just younger than she but in her eyes he was still boy. Pulling the side of his face very close to her, Hex spoke in his ear, softly, almost as if she were to swoon him..

"Ortus, tell me of these legions you spoke of...and do be quick as I am getting more curious about how you would taste over the fire. I have a long road ahead of me and you and your dead friends have disturbed my hunting so that fresh meat has been scarce. Killing always make a woman hungry did you not know? Let us recap, Father Auctor is a headless statue, your friends are dead and you follow the writing of some poet. Go on now..."

Hex smiled and let go of his face, allowing him to return to his natural position...Hex also kept herself cool and collected, looking for disturbances in the power around her as a sign of a returning force.

"Ashilda, could you be a dear and plug a few more arrows into that boat would you? Thanks."
~
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The boy's blue eyes widened and he gulped "Milady, forgive me if I gave offense.." and he hurried on "The legions.. we came with only a small company of 150 men, who have gone to.. over there.." His eyes wandered to the protected valley, the shield still shimmering in the distance "We were part of a fleet of ships, filled with the Legions of the One to take charge of a new area of commerce that our scouts have found. The priests came with the fleet to spread the word of the One among the infi... uhm... among the local populace."

"There was a storm however and our ship got seperated from the fleet and we ended up here on this land of Ice and Snow. I do not know where the Legions are milady, I swear by the Glorious One." The boy was sweating profusely "The area we were going to was supposed to be warm and lush, filled with ripe fruits, and fertile ground. We.. we were unprepared for the hardships"
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: Are you allowed to go on holiday? :) have a good time.

IC:

Hex looked at the young man with a bemused look and shook her head.

"You never intended to be here? To bad you are all dead now. Were there any more wizards who went with the legions? I am just curious. Do you even know where you are?"

Hex just shook her head.

"So what to do with you? We should be going. Come my furry friend, once again you shall travel with the sled. Ortus, you are coming with us, for the misdeeds of your elders and fanatical cohorts, you will tend the wounds of the Guardian. One step out of line and I will roast you for food. Either for me or the dogs. Do exactly as I say and live, think to long and die. Now, you look to me to be more the size of Ashilda here so you can wear one of her dresses as that silly robe is not going to do any thing for you where we are going. So Ashilda, lets get that boat destroyed and this fool dressed better so we can get moving."

Hex moved about making preparations for the trek out of the valley. Looking to the sky she was looking for any sign of a storm. After they had left the valley Hex intended to see if she could burry the wreckage of the boat. At the very least she was going to hide their tracks. She suspected that the legions were dead or would soon be, but the remainder of 150 legionaries would be a bit much, even for her. She tossed her head back and laughed at the thought. Trothgard needed a good massacre every now and then to get the blood going she thought.
~
Ashilda da'Svafa

Ashilda nodded when Hex suggested that she plug a few more arrows into the ship, relieved to be given a simple direction. She wasn't sure if she could clear her mind enough to create more runchips, but at least they were't as pressed for time now. She would try. She moved back towards the slope, looking to collect some more fragments of bark, when the response of the young man caught her attention. She whirled back to stare at the captive, her face stricken.

Feeling sick, she was forced to swallow hard several times before she could choke the words out. "Hex, do you remember what I said about the feeling of wrongness I sensed in Fronigtalle? I think we may have found the answer. Where else in this frozen land is warm, lush and fertile?" She glared at Ortus, the disappointment and frustration she had felt at not being able to comlete her Rite of Passage bubling to the surface. "Your people have committed a greater crime than you know," she grated. "The punishment will be beyond your imagining."

Not trusting herself to speak further, she turned back and walked resolutely up the slope. As she walked, she took several slow deep breaths in an attempt to bring her emotions back under control so that she could create the runes. It was not an easy task, however. Her mind and stomach both churned and her eyes stung with tears. So this is what befalls our land, she thought. Ignorant outsders who think they can take from us what was given by the Goddess. In doing so, they will destroy her hippogryphs and steal the lifeblood of our society. Oh, my Queen, is it any wonder that you were too distracted to pay heed to one small clanswoman seeking adulthood? Your concerns are so much greater!

She brushed the tears away with the back of her hand and she stooped to pick up a chip of bark from beneath a tree. Brushing the snow aside, she found several more and moved back to the edge of the trees. It would be safer to work where she could be seen by her companions, she decided. Wrapping her cloak around her, she sat down in the snow and pulled the stick she had used before out of her belt pouch. Closing her eyes, she sought the trance-like state that would open her to the power of the Ice Queen.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Now that Ashilda knew where to look for power she located it more easily. It was still a struggle to grab for those strands of energy, slippery as they were, and catch them into the runes that bind them to the bark.

Meanwhile Ortus and Hex transferred the Guardian to the sled. The furry white monster grumbled softly at being aided, yet could not rise without help for he had a serious leg wound.

OOC: I'll be creating a new thread for you so you can go on with the journey. Meanwhile this will be skilled, however, feel free to add a few more posts as we wrap this up.
EDIT: skilled for recent events!
Last edited by Maeve on Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trothgard Archive”