Eventide Sam 24th at the Lotus Blosom [OPEN]

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Eventide Sam 24th at the Lotus Blosom [OPEN]

Post by Guest »

“Namaste and welcome to the Lotus Blossom Inn,” a blond Adhiel man, standing just inside the doors and wearing yellow dhoti and a lavender shoulder cloth, offered in greeting in lyrical Adhiel, as he bowed respectfully.

"Namaste," returned Irdzenhil. "I seek food and drink and also, if you would be so kind, the benefit of your knowledge. I am new to the capital, as you can no doubt tell, yet I wish to know the important faces as quickly as possible. If you could point out the important individuals to me, I will be most grateful." Irdzenhil could only hope grateful did not cost too much here, he had no idea how long it would be till he could earn any real money.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

" Forgive me. Food and drink I can serve, but as of yet we only have a few of the regular patrons. However," the adhiel gave a mysterious smile "If someone of interest shows up I shall point them out to you. Anyone in particular you are interested in?"

OOC: tie over post for Twilight.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Irdzenhil bowed his head in a gesture of thanks,

"Well if they are not yet here, it looks like it will be a long evening for me here, but I have time. As I say I am very new, and you will need to point out any of the wealthy and powerful who anybody who seeks to be someone should know. I do miss the sound of my own homeland, Caliboirneabh, perhaps there are some of that part of the world I already know who come here? Either way, please lead me to a suitable table."

This was indeed a vague start, but political connections needed to be made. He had made contact with Falgan, that was the only contact his family had provided him with. Maybe his brother Loraith knew more? Actually, that was unlikely, they were more likely to be sitting in some goal waiting to be hung. He needed to secure himself a position at court, an income. Then the smell of food wafted by and his mind was momentarily distracted. Smiling genuinely now, he turned to the Adhiel at the door,

“if the food taste as good as it smells, then your reputation is well deserved.” (And the costumers will be of a good quality…)
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"It will be my pleasure, lord." The servant smiled politely. "As of yet nobody has bothered to grant their name or heritage to one of my stature, but I assure you that as soon as I know more, I will let you know. Of course it might be easier to ascertain such information if I had a better position or incentive to speak from..."

He left the implication hanging, waiting for Irdzenhil to either pick up on it or not. Of course he would not bother at all if this new arrival did not at least show him some material gratitude, but it would be impolite to say so directly.

Instead he waited, mind already racing towards the possibilities as a personal servant to one fresh and ambitious enough to rise through the established ranks.

"Of course our meals are as rewarding as you might wish. Please, let me show you a table which might see more customers later on." An elegant gesture and the blond Adhiel lead his guest to a place which might seat four later on, comfortable half-benches around the table in such a way that the company was able to survey the goings on in most of the establishment.

"I hope this is to your liking? Anything to drink or would you like to order your meal right away?"
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities

Post by Guest »

Irdzenhil was going to make sure that when he gave tips for such services they asked for it, maybe not humiliate them and make themselves clear. It was a simple policy that he had seen applied and used on his travels, the small courtesies that kept the paid hand in his place, and also meant he did not tip and offend someone doing a kindness. It was a pity more people did not just offer help out of kindness, what a nicer world that would be.

Holding out 6 banners (just enough for a couple of beers) in his left hand, "expect no more until I see results...and good ones" then jestingly added, "I am surprised, the honour alone of serving the house of Cullàmh is not enough?"

Taking a seat, and deciding it was indeed a good place, Irdzenhil felt more inclined to trust this Adhiel's opinion on the food. It would cost here, he knew, and he also knew for the moment, that there was no foreseeable income, yet as many children from far too comfortable backgrounds think, money always came when he needed it.

"I will have a wine, a Nedielabh of course, and I will eat now, what does the chef recommend?"
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

"There is great honour in serving the houses, yet it will not feed empty stomachs." The smooth reply came instantly while the banners were pocketed. The servant waited while Irdzenhil made his choice in food and drinks, not at all surprised that he would be asked for advice. It was after all part of his job description.

The housename was something of a surprise. Derenian Farlain was not aware of any young ones alive in that particular family. Had they not suffered greatly under the Oasis? It was important to be up to date with all goings on as not to offend anyone and yet...this was a surprise. He was going to have to watch his step and certainly not leave this man to any of the others.

Straightening his back the man took great care to take in all the details of his newest charge. "My lord," Of course he would use the title now. You never could tell. "We can recommend the snuggifish. It's freshly prepared, slightly smoked, thin slices on a bed of greens. Not too heavy, not too light."

Another table was filled, three women and one man taking their places while a soft melody started up. It was a dreamy tune without words, yet one of the women recognized it and started to hum along, much to the entertainment of her companions. The older Adhiel chuckled indulgently at his white haired friend and applauded softly as the sweet voice rose slightly to add a countermelody.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]

Post by Guest »

It was sometime since he had been at home, in a secure environment that he did not have to bribe and manipulate his way into. He was not ready to go back to it, mistakes included, he enjoyed this big adventure.

"It sounds very moderate, not too heavy, not too light, I hope that does not apply to the taste..." frowning slightly, as he gazed over at the new arrivals"...yet I shall take your recommendation." Then, returning his gaze to the waiter, "also, your stomach shall be sated and mouth wetted, but you may start revealing your vast knowledge and name not only the patrons yonder, but also the song playing."

Tonight would be a night where he would have to swiftly learn as many faces and their corresponding names as came in the tavern. Perhaps, if a chance presented itself, he could introduce himself to some of them too. However, it was going to be a long evening, and so he relaxed and lent back. He let his hands rest on the table, and tried to fully acclimatise and settle into this environment. He had only once or twice been in taverns of this quality, and that had been a very long time ago. For now this was still a treat, and he was thoroughly excited at the prospect of his first proper evening out in the capital of Kislovan.

Returning his gaze once more to the new arrivals, he tried to swiftly memorise their faces. It had to be swift, for he had no wish to appear rude and stare. An elder gentleman and his three daughters perhaps? Irdzenhil waited for the waiter, if he had placed too much faith in him this Adhiel would simply have to share his earnings with one who did know.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

The servant chuckled at Irdzenhil's comments regarding the fish. "Have no fear, good lord. You will find it exquisitely balanced. As to the good sir over there, Achadhiel, lord." His voice dropped to a whisper. "Hamdaouim is the name. Radjen Hamdaouim. Those are his daughters. He flaunts them at every possible occasion, wishing to marry them into the good houses. Wife long gone. It is said she met with a strange accident. The singing girl is Nurhayan."

Straightening up Derenian continued his conversation at a normal tone now that the possibly offensive bit was out. "The song is called 'Ganiu Seodhiel' or Nightgoddess. You have not been here for long, have you, lord? It is quite popular. Now, I will place your order immediately."

With a curteous bow the man disappeared from sight, leaving Irdzenhil the chance to have a good look at the table he surveyed. All three girls had light hair, ranging from the white of the singer -now named Nurhayan by his loyal servant- to a soft blond, yet the man was decidedly darker. He got the attention of another servant and ordered drinks for the entire table while Nurhayan finished her little performance.

The girls babbled and giggled like most their age, looking around and pointing out things and people as if it was their first time in an establishment like this. Yet if Derenian was right, the father would be taking his daughters just about everywhere.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]

Return to “Kislovan Archive”