Dinner Date with Royalty - Eveningtide 24th Sam

Moderators: Syra, Dartimos Hammer, Mods

Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Dylain was having trouble focussing, tears obscuring his sight more than he was willing to admit. The smell of burnt flesh was enough to make anyone sick to the stomach, but the thought that it was his sister did not make it to full realization. Instead the man just threw his anger at anyone or anything that prompted it. He was vaguely aware of strong people holding him while the one frightening image after the other played through his shocked mind.

Had he not warned Souffiane against the Adhiel? For one they would live so much longer that it would break her heart to grow older while her lover did not. This was not something he wished for his vain but sweet sister.

Vanity...she would have to let go of that now. With a sob he turned to the motionless young woman on the table. He could not bear to look at her for longer than a few flickers, roughly pulling his arms out of those that held him. "LET go! She's my SISTER!" He grabbed her hand carefully and just held her, babbling little things to soothe her, little things he had started to use whenever she was afraid of the thunderstorms that plagued the lands from time to time.

"Please, Souffiane, fight. FIGHT!" He croaked, unaware now of the others in his presence.

Now that the one rightfully able to accuse Alu was obviously not interested in her anymore the Adhiel woman was freed as well. People still stood behind her in a row, but her movements were once again her own. Whispers started up about Adhiel magics and curses. Nothing was voiced out loud, nothing was thrown in as another accusation, but the mood was clearly one of fear and anger at misunderstood powers.

"Battlemage!" The word was picked up and spread around the room like wildfire. Suddenly people disappeared from the Lotus Blossom Inn, no longer wanting to be a part of a possible explosive situation. Alu was pushed aside as they made for the exit. Or perhaps these were people responding to the desperate cry for a healer. It was not entirely clear in the chaos.

A hand touched Ashtallion's arm. It was Gerenor, his face tear streaked. "Please," He whispered. "Let me help." Already a little green tendril crawled from his fingers over Ashtallion's arm, down to the hand that wavered over Souffiane. The mages sight was strengthened immediately, opening a weave of patterns hitherto undetected. Broken strands, wavering energy, pulsating but lost waves. Most glowed an angry red, still trying to cope with the massive amount of magic surging through it when the lightning struck.

To those with any magical inclination at all the two friends were glowing ever so softly, a fresh, green light playing around them and the body on the table. Even those untrained would be able to pick up on its vibrancy.

"Anyone..." Gerenor looked around questioningly. "Anyone who feels they could contribute...we could use anything, but only with permission. Please, help us save the girl." His voice implored, his eyes begging of those spectators that just stood by. His gaze locked on Alu. "Lady, please, your magics are familiar to the body. Help us. Join hands. It...it won't go wrong this time, I promise." There was great guilt in his voice, an almost unbearable weight.

"Souffiane..." Dylain moaned again, unwilling to let go of his beloved sister. The words reached him only partly. He understood magics, he knew the damage it could do. Fear reflected in his eyes. Yet at the same time the girl gasped for air, her hand suddenly grabbing Dylain's.

He almost tumbled back from the shock. "Souffy!" He cried out. "Souffy, it's me! Wake up, please wake up!"

The badly burned face turned towards Ashtallion and Gerenor, the mouth moving ever so softly before falling silent again.

Her brother looked at the company with wild eyes. "WHAT are you standing there for? Do you not see it's working? HELP them! HELP her! DO something! We can't wait for a healer! IT'S MY SISTER!"

Gerenor nodded at Asht. "Can you see it?" He whispered. "Can you see?"
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

" I can see it... ", his voice was whispered, his tone of hushed awe.

Never had the mage seen such energy and how the threads of power connected within a person. Every strand seemed sharper, more easily identified. But his awe was placed to one side as the injuries of the woman become more and more apparent to him. Her wounds stemmed much deeper that mere physical burns, magical lightning had ripped though the energy of her very person. Waves and strands were broken, they would need help to mend and rejoin..

" What do I do? ", still speaking in whispered words to Gerenor, Ashtallion never took his eyes from Souffiane. Was Gerenor passing his own energy? Using Asht as a method of channelling it? If so his request for others to join hands made perfect sense. Alu would not hesitate, Ashtallion was sure of this, and with her magic and energy, he might be able to recognise the damage more intimately.

There was no question about it, Gerenor possessed his own magic, but of what type, Ashtallion could not determine. Such was left for a later, more private time.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Post by Alustariel Urdil »

Hesitantly, but then confidently, Alustariel joined hands with Ashtallion and Gerenor. She was not going to try anything to drastic unless instructed to, but she tried - as she had tried so hard to today, so many times - to find calm in her surroundings.

It occured to Alustariel that Gerenor must be a spellcaster too, he seemed quite confident in his most recent action.

"I will not attempt to weave, - as I do not wish to hurt anybody else today - but perhaps the residue from the summoned energy will still linger in me - can you search me to find it, and maybe it will help you understand the affliction?" she addressed Gerenor

As she closed her eyes and breathed in deep.

"I think I'll do less damage if you or my brother use me, rather than allow me to use myself - if you understand"
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Abara kadabara, alakazaaaaam![/i]
Posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Syra

Post by Syra »

The cry hit home where anger and fear had not.
Silence reigned.

Hesitantly the burly innkeeper joined in, fear and doubt alternating on his face.
A greenclad woman took his hand.
A young man, barely out of his teens nodded and stepped forward, joining in the half circle that was forming around the motionless body.
Two women stepped up at the same time, smiling akwardly at each other.
Another man, grey at the temples.
Another.
And another.
And more...until a full circle formed around the hurt woman, save the place Dylain occupied to hold his sister's hand.

He looked up.
Saw people.
Strangers.
Helping.

His mouth moved, but no sound came out. A look of determination crossed the young man's face as he grabbed Alu's hand, squeezing it hard as the circle completed and a sudden surge of energy travelled through the joining, piercing the burned skin and moving inside. A gasp for air came from left and right as people clenched their hands. Sounds of amazement at how good it felt.

The cool, green strands met the angry red half way and absorbed it, taking up whatever was left of the blast and transforming it into what was prevalent in everyone's mind: the girl had to live.

The twins were travelling on Gerenor's lead, being closest to him. It was possible to follow every move the magic made, to see every knit and knot being healed and dissolved. Souffiane started to shake, as did the strange Adhiel next to Ashtallion. "Hold on..." He managed through clenched teeth. "Hold on...do not let go. Whatever you have in you, use it now. It's....held at bay...whatever you can imagine being whole, DO IT NOW!"

Another gasp as Dylain felt his sister's fingers move. In a reaction he almost crushed Alu's hand, quickly adjusting his grip as he noticed what he was doing. The urge was so strong to just let go, to let the excess energy flow out instead of letting it course through them time and time again.

An eerie silence accompanied them, save the laboured breathing of all those in the circle. Everyone else just stood there, gazing upon that which they could not understand.

[/size]
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Without even adressing her directly, Gerenor had answered Alu's question. Everything was held at bay

Well, she hoped so too, and now was the time to test it. She supressed a slight gasp caused by Dylan on her hand, but the pain did not last long.

Alustariel tried to bring her energy out again, regulating her breathing at the same time. And concentrating on the buzz of the mere energy caused by many people gathering in one place - yet alone the strange, reassuring feeling of them all standing in a circle holding hands.

Alu tried to imagine strands and threads repairing themselves and becoming whole again. She closed her eyes and continued this mental image.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Sweat poured from Ashtallion as he concentrated with every fibre within him, much to the exclusion of the rest of the world, just now, there was himself, Souffiane and most importantly, the magic. He breathed it, it ran in his blood, his mind, his heart and soul. Asht willed the waves to calm, the strands of broken energy to mend, feeding life and healing back in to the young human woman.

All hesitations left him, his realm was in magic, he would not let the control slip his grasp. Was he even the one doing most of the controlling, perhaps it was simply Gerenor using the mage as a tool through which he could operate on Soffiane. For now, Asht cared not, this was new magic to him and he exalted in the experience.

Its held at bay...

Words rang through his mind, but he knew not were they came from or whom. You will live, Souffiane, I have fought battles as equally testing and I remain breathing, you will too. By the fire that fuels my heart and soul, by my sorcery and blood..... you will live!
Syra

Post by Syra »

Outside the rain stopped. Clouds parted to allow a few rays of sunshine. They caught the drops still hanging on the leaves, breaking the light into tiny rainbows for those willing to notice. A blackbird came out, tapping the ground to lure worms up.
It always worked. This time was no exception and soon the bird flew off with a wriggling prey in it's orange beak.

Inside sounds had stopped as well, leaving only breathing and the occasional heartbeat whenever someone took the time to listen to themselves. The silence stood in stark contrast with the immense effort that was being put in to keep the woman on the table alive. No simple tapping on the ground was going to bring her back. This was beyond any of the daily tasks they were used to. It was beyond any one's abilities.

Any one's.

And therein lay the strength of this peculiar group, brought together by the simple need to preserve life. For this was no one person giving his best: all those holding hands allowed the raw energy to pass through them, taking a little of their own with each passing, adding a little more to those that were focussed enough to send it where it had to go.

With their reinforced sight both twins were able to see the different colours, the different flavours work their way into the weaving that was to heal the girl from the inside out. Angry red was soothed by hues of blue, broken strands were taken up and fused together. Vivid imagination was a great advantage right now and despite their total lack at healing experiences, Alu and Ashtallion were backed up by the complete devotion of those eerily green strands of unidentified magics, following their lead as they sent it off to the areas that needed work.

The body on the table started to shake, then convulse as Souffiane gasped for breath. Again Dylain's hand was close to crushing Alu's fingers. Again he held back just in time, his face an ashen grey.

Yet it was not Ashtallion's conviction and fire. It was rather Alu's vision of being whole, reminding every fiber of how it was supposed to be, which kept the young woman going. It was so incredibly easy to focus here in the middle of this group instead of standing alone outside in the rain. Everyone worked towards the same purpose and this made them soar to greater heights than ever before.

Sparkles were flying, invisible to those without the sight. Rainbows flashed before their eyes. Strands healed and burns evaporated. Tissue repaired the mortal damage, leaving only the outward scars. Sweat was dripping on the floor as the temperature in the room was raised by the sheer power of the scene. More and more poured into the poor girl. More and more filled her up until her body could hold no more and...

She screamed.

Dylain joined, severing the circle by grabbing his sister with both hands. Eyes flew open, no longer burned to blindness. Lungs filled with fresh air. A scarred face reflected agony and terror.
Scarred badly.
But she was alive.

With a collective sigh all volunteers dislodged at once. Only Gerenor kept Ashtallion's hand until the mage himself broke contact.

And then they talking started.

Softly at first, then louder and louder until it flooded over the weeping of both Dylain and his sister. People gathered around the instigators of this miracle, almost seperating the twins and Gerenor from each other if they did not take great care. Fatigue hung heavy in the air, yet the adrenalin rush kept people going and going until finally one by one they fell silent and just stared.

At Gerenor.
Ashtallion.
Alustariel.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

As the connection broke, Ashtallion's shoulders sagged somewhat in fatigue, his breathing was rapid as he fought to regain his strength. But in the underlying tiredness and dizziness that plague him at that moment, he silently rejoyced, his eyes resting on Souffiane that lay before him. She lives! Thank the Father she lives!

Sweat still ran down his back and forehead, but he cared little for the discomfort it gave him, simply watching her breath, the mended tissue. True, she bore scars that will remain with her for the rest of her life, yet she lived. And a life spared was always something to be thankful to the Gods for.... although they had nothing to do with the healing that went on here.

Ignoring the staring crowd, Ashtallion bent over Souffiane. " Miss Souffiane... ", he glanced at Dylain, " ....you are going to be alright. I-I am sorry for all that has happened... you were caught in the middle of a weaving gone awry and took the brunt of its backlash. We managed to heal a great deal of the damage done, but there is.... scarring.... and most likely you will still be in pain? Hopefully a healer is on the way to tend to you further and perhaps the Temple can do more for you than I--that is we--can do. ", Asht flicked a gaze a Gerenor, nodding slightly and stepping back to let the man in should he wish to.

Now was the time to be with his own sister.

Placing a hand on her arm, he gave her a gentle squeeze, whispering softly, " Are you ok? Any further side affects from the weaving you attempted, any more pain? "
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

"I am fine, brother" Alustariel smiled and whispered, but her smile was short lived "But I have brought undue burden upon us. I'm telling you now, Asht, if authorities come for me after tonight, dont interfere- I'm a big girl" she said in a rather sardonic tone.

Almost suddenly, Alu drew close to Ashtallion. "I know your angry, and you should be. Dont worry.... " She kissed him gently on the cheek" Whatever your feeling, I'm your sister and I will always love you - and I know that whatever happens, good or bad, you love me too".

Alustariel looked back at the second pair of siblings, Souffiane and Dylan. This could turn sourer despite the seemingly happy ending. Alu was Adhiel, Souffiane was a human. If wrongfull word got out that an Adhiel had attempted to murder a human, it would do little to help the existing troubles in this land. The last thing Alustariel wanted was to be a target of the Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Alu dedcided to keep quiet. She would not approach too close to Souffiane or her brother - the air was still tense. In time Souffiane might ask for the responsible party.

Though she dreaded it, Alu would present herself to the girl and await retribution.
Syra

Post by Syra »

It was Ashtallion who broke the silence, giving the sign for more mumuring to start up. People broke up in little groups, the innkeeper was still staring at the strange gathering. Somehow colours were still not entirely right as the residue of their tour de force played through the building, slowly dissipating through cracks and walls.

Something popped and sound went back to normal. Immediately the door opened, admitting the priests that were summoned what seemed ages ago. "Out of the way!" They ordered the crowd. Surprisingly enough those still present moved away fairly quickly.

Dylain looked up at Ashtallion's words, not letting go of his sister. His eyes alternated between the twins and Gerenor, finally resting on the twin mage who had spoken. "You...I don't know who you are, but thank you. I...won't trouble you any more. Either of you. You could have let her die and you didn't."

The priests neared the table, one of them unable to stiffle a gasp. "Good K'tan what happened here...quickly, we must get her to the temple!" The second man urged Dylain on his feet since the man was still unwilling to part with Souffiane. With practiced efficiency they coaxed the two humans out of the Lotus Blossom Inn, leaving an astonished little crowd behind.

Everyone who participated in the impromptu ritual felt the price to pay now. Fatigue washed over them, muscles burning and limbs heavy. One by one people just left. Silence fell once again when with an almost audible 'snap' colours jumped back in place.

The innkeeper blinked his eyes as if waking up. "Wha...uh....right...that's it. Everybody out. We're closed! Out! Out!" And with a few forceful gestures he threw everyone out of the door in order to get repairs in order.

Outside the clouds had returned, threatening with another shower while Adhiel and humans walked off in different directions, talking excitedly about what had transpired.
The first drops fell.
The last people left.

Of Gerenor there was no trace.

ooc
You are free to write a closing post here, after which I consider it done. Needless to say the original dinnerplans are cancelled with the both of you in such a tired state. Nicely played one and all!

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion looked around himself, everyone had left the scene. Even Gerenor.

He looked at Alustariel, weariness making him paler than normal. The mage sighed, " Do you think trouble is destined to follow us wherever we go in this world? ", he tried to laugh, but it brought on a sharp pain in his head. He grimaced.

" Think that took more out of me than I had expected. ", he steadied the spinning in his mind, placing his fingers on his temples. Then he paused, opening his eyes and pondering for a moment, " Oh, did you manage to find anywhere to stay? I doubt the Inn will have us now after what has transpired... ", he gave the Inn a forlorn look, " ...in fact we are most likely barred. I caused a little upset earlier on. ", he shruggd and turned back to view his sister again.
Alustariel Urdil
Civus

Alustariel smiled, and brushed away a stray hair from her face. She scoffed at his question to her audience with Seneschal - Alustariel was not of very high opinion with the woman.

"Asht, the crown in my pocket tells me that there are many more Inns in town, and no matter who you are - an Innkeeper loves your gold"

She took his hand. And squeezed it lovingly. "Tomorrow I will relax a little, and explore at my own leisure, and forget the circumstances on which we came - Perhaps you should do the same, Asht. Lets enjoy our new start"

Alustariel raised her cloak over her head, but did not let go as she held her brothers hand. The soft rain pattering down on their heads

"Do you remember" she began as they walked off in search of another Inn "What you told me when we were children, after the rain...theres always a rainbow. Tomorrow is another day"

EDIT: Mass dislexia :roll:
Last edited by Alustariel Urdil on Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Syra

Post by Syra »

OOC
The end for now :)

Beautifully played. Thank you both!

Skilled! 12-02-06
Last edited by Syra on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

OOC: And thanks to you Syra! hehe, will you let us know what skills, if any we get from this one? :D

Return to “Kislovan Archive”