If the UofM moved, would you move with it?

This board is dedicated to both official and fun polls to prevent Banter being cluttered by the zillion questions we'd like to ask!

Moderators: saskia, Maeve, Meridiuz, Syra, Mods

Yes! Where it goes, I go!
21%
Yes, and I would focus on University politics.
7%
Yes, and I would focus on magical adventure.
21%
Kind of. I would visit for magical advice and training but adventure elsewhere.
50%
No. I'm happy with the plots I've got.
No votes
No! Moving the UofM from Citadel would ruin the game for me.
No votes

Total votes: 14

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

There is a plan afoot to have the University of Magic break away from the isle of Citadel and relocate on an island of its own. The idea to make the University and those that run it the government of the new isle as well as introduce exciting new mystical adventures upon said new land.

So were this to happen, would you come along for the ride? Please elaborate on your choice below.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

Why did I vote yes?

Because Thrandil is the Diplomatic General of the Emerald Guard. And Taquar needs all the allies they can get.
Morg

Post by Morg »

Yes, and I'd go for some magical adventure and University politics and anything else that came up, but I wouldn't want to lose access to material that I've been using before. Getting his hands on the Liber Maleficarus volume would remain Morgan's main aim.

That said, I don't imagine you'd be severing links to society entirely... right?
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

I would think those clever mages would know how to wield portals ;)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Hmmm, that is an interesting question. As the UOM's finest student (*ahem*) I have always thought of the University as kind of the learning centre, with The Citadel where all the fun is to be had. Nothing like sneaking away from Uni to torment Bill in The Burpin' Dragon, or grope Keaira in the Red Banner.

The only major plot I have been involved in combined the two in that it was a magical nasty (The Changer) that was plaguing The Citadel.

I am pretty sure that I would move Corbin with the UOM, but I would be a touch concerned that it would remove him from the 'real world' and that things would go on in the cloistered world of academia (plus demons and other naughty things - hmmm, succubi, perhaps?).

That said, I think the opportunity to expand into more magical story-lines and put a greater emphasis on that might create another facet to the Taz world. It would allow development of plot-lines without taking into account the political and gritty world of The Citadel.

My last concern would be under-population. I'm not sure how many PCs there are at the UOM, but I always found that a nice mixture of PC and NPC interaction was the best. In fact, if you look at Corbin's list of acquaintances the majority of them are not UOM affiliated.
Last edited by Corbin Dillon on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

And the most modest, Corbin! But then, he has so much to be modest about...

I would probably move if the UoM moved - it's pretty much the base of all the chaos Elv - Becs starts, even the chaos itself usually moves into the Cit proper at some point. So long as wrecking havok in the Citadel's still an option, then I'm all in favour of the move; it'll be a little odd, sure, but most of the plots Becs get into involve magical nasties to some extent, so it won't be that different.

Although actually being involved in the politics of anywhere'll be a nice change.
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

I've found that, despite Ashtallion being one of the Professors, he hasn't done much 'teaching' lol. Also the majority of his adventures have occured outside of the University. I would definately move with the UoM and hopefully it would provide an opportunity for me to have Ashtallion for focused within the University itself.....not that its impossible for him to do so now, however with the Citadel proving to be a most inviting diversion, he can become somewhat sidetracked! :wink:
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith is just starting to get into the UoM... it depends on if it's completely moving or starting a new building. If it's completely moving, then I would be interested in taking the old building and keeping a school there... just not as big as a University.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The move as envisioned with be complete and total. I suspect what to do with the suddenly available real estate will be an interesting argument.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

Do they offer tuition discounts if the students help with the move? Not much of a brick-carrier myself, but I would be more than happy to try to help drum up some muscle.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

*Rubs hands together* Hmmmm... If you own land, you're a noble, right? Muahaha.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Becca Acerbi
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Becca Acerbi »

... Now I'm wondering just what people are going to find when they try to move into the Uni. Oh that'll be fun!
<Becca> I am all in favour of getting Elvin laid. I am not in favour of getting Becca blown to little squishy bits
<Sevti> That's a sig line if I ever heard one.
Avatar drawn by the amazing Finn!

Return to “Poll Board”