What's your character's alignment?

This board is dedicated to both official and fun polls to prevent Banter being cluttered by the zillion questions we'd like to ask!

Moderators: saskia, Maeve, Meridiuz, Syra, Mods

What's your character's DnD alignment?

Lawful Good
10%
Neutral Good
17%
Chaotic Good
21%
Lawful Neutral
7%
True Neutral
14%
Chaotic Neutral
17%
Lawful Evil
No votes
Neutral Evil
10%
Chaotic Evil
3%

Total votes: 29

Claire Owens
Civus

What's your character's alignment?

Post by Claire Owens »

Based on the DnD definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_%28role-playing_games%29

Just curious.
[size=75][b]"The heart wants not coffee nor coffee houses. The heart wants a friend. Coffee is only an excuse." - Old Turkish saying[/b]

Avatar by crystaldragon at allavatars.com[/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Morgan's Neutral Good. I considered Chaotic Good, but he's too much of a meritocrat to be truly chaotic (and also not quite brave enough).
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Danomel

Post by Danomel »

Even the Dungeons and Dragons alignment system recognizes a certain degree of alignment. Meaning that most people will tend to fall somewhere between the nine alignments of the system.

In Danomels case, I would have to call him neutral. However, he does have some lawful and good tendencies and probably waffles in those directions to some degree, but at this point in his life, not enough to push him out of the neutral box .
By all the Dodos! these are thoughts of weight,
Most venerable, wise, and out of date.
(from [i]The Paradise of the Birds[/i], by [i]W. J. Courthope[/i])

(Avatar by LEW 1998)
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara started out as somewhat of a neutral good character, coming in all innocent, but with a slight twist in her past, which got bent during her stay in Roque. Now, she's becoming more and more evil and I fully intend her to become the equivalent of the stereotype "Demonically evil sorceress in tower waging war on the mindless heroes below".

Will take some time to get her to that point fully, but considering the way things are looking now, it won't be to long ;)

Such fun...

--grins wickedly--
Last edited by Callara on Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side" - Darth Vader

Callara's Compendium

Avatar drawn and edited by me, tweaked by QC.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Good grief, alignment.. in Tazlure :shock:

Rosalie is none of these things. She's herself.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber started out as probably a Neutral Good, but right now, she's Chaotic Good. And I do believe she's showing a tendency that may end up with her sliding perhaps as far as Chaotic Neutral.
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Claire Owens
Civus

Post by Claire Owens »

Maeve wrote:Good grief, alignment.. in Tazlure :shock:

Just a bit of fun ;).

I agree with Danomel that it's not so easy to classify. One thing I find interesting is that dichotomy between the way characters think and the way they act. If they were ever asked to describe their 'alignment' in such terms, mine would probably say they were "Chaotic Neutral" (Claire), "Neutral Good" (H'saan) and "Lawful Good" (Turelie) but in actuality I think only H'saan behaves in the way he thinks he does.
[size=75][b]"The heart wants not coffee nor coffee houses. The heart wants a friend. Coffee is only an excuse." - Old Turkish saying[/b]

Avatar by crystaldragon at allavatars.com[/size]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

I would guess Vanir is more Chaotic Neutral, although he might claim that he is more Chaotic good. No doubt that he is very, very chaotic. :lol:
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

Aerin is DEFINITELY CN - tried her as different alignments in different games and she always returns to CN eventually. She can be good or evil, but sometimes one may be disguised as the other - thus the neutrality of it.

Aster, on the other hand, is more along the lines of Neutral-Good and a nice balance to Aerin. He is the Boy Scout to my Brownie-Gone-Bad.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

I am a moderator, so I am evil to the core to begin with. Never assume anything written by me is done because I like you, there's always something behind it ;)
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Maeve wrote:Good grief, alignment.. in Tazlure :shock:

Rosalie is none of these things. She's herself.

O-ho! Trying to conceal your evilness, are you? Detect Evil!

Seriously, I think we all know that alignment is a misleading, cack-handed, two-dimensional approximation to morality. But it's fun nonetheless.

The Order of the Stick is great for poking fun at the alignment system in a gentle way, if anyone's interested...
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Sebastian Beauvais
Baron of Brie

Post by Sebastian Beauvais »

To no one's surprise, Seb qualifies as Lawful Good. However, his upcoming personal issues over the planned marriage of Cerise to Leonius might shake his foundations a little, as his emotions conflict with intellectual morals.

We shall see...
[color=orange]Avatar courtesy of Tazlure's own, the incredible Finley Ward![/color]
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

I dunno...Syra is...hrm...chaos, yes. But on what side? Her own, I bet :)
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Like most citizens of the Mouth, Tristam's alignment is Neutral Greedy. :twisted:
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

Post by Hastarl Ras'diath »

I guess it would have to be Chaotic Neutral - A bit to both sides and hopefully always with the winners :)
[i]"Abandon the Search for Truth... Settle for a Good Fantasy"[/i]

Quote [url=http://www.rpggateway.com]RPGGateway[/url]
Reinhard
Civus

Post by Reinhard »

Reinhard is a thief who would rob a one-legged, one-eyed, mentally ill 100 year old woman living in poverty to buy himself a mug of ale.

I'll go with Neutral Evil.
"Just think what a thief could do even with the slightest tint of magic. A little boost for your feet, a door opened from the other side, maybe a soft caress to lift a key from the guard. Just imagine!"
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

I suppose Reim is neutral good seeing as how he's working for a wanted criminal in Dort yet isn't exactly your typical criminal :? ....It's kinda difficult to explain.... :D
Must be the pharisee in tune with his soul....
Group E
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

I have to say, looking at the results so far, we have a fairly well rounded community full of all sorts of characters. Not overflooded with demonic baddies or uber paladins. I'd place Ash as neutral. Mostly, she's out for herself & watching her own skin, but she has no problem working with groups and helping out those around her (she is an adventurer after all) though, most of that is overall for her own gain. Meh.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith is True Neutral. He leans to Neutral Good, until you piss him off, then he's Chaotic Neutral. He just hasn't had much of a need to get pissed and extract his darkside.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Hmm, neutral good for Craghley. He knows that a competent organisation is more effective than a bunch of loose cannons, but also knows when following the letter of the law will only be self-defeating. As for being good-aligned, well, I guess I'm just a nancy boy at heart, as I always chicken out of playing evil(ish) characters.
Although an orc would be pretty awesome...
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Started out of Lawful Neutral. Meant to be that, but got sidetracked with time. He is much more chaotic now, but very driven. I would say he is Chaotic Good now, though his own definition of Good is not always the same as other people's.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Gosh, wonder where he picked up the chaotic *hums*
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]

Return to “Poll Board”