The Tyrant

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Clap...clap...clap...clap...

"That was lovely, Caesari...and now I will judge you. All of you," murmured Silk, emerging from the shadows and into the light once more. "So the Captain would come to ask for that which is not ours to give? Indeed, he demands Lady Bannon's release, and indeed, he shall have it, if she wishes as much. I have done nothing in my life if I have not assembled a measure of safety throughout the Empire, and they might live happily ever after in some faraway land. We will lose Lady Bannon's rather insightful advise, but...it is her choice, as you've said, Caesari Isabella."

All at once, Elaine knew that someone was about to die. Someone here, among them...Zaure, Ahren, Ulder, Isabella, or herself. She couldn't tell which, but she knew beyond a doubt that in another ten flickers, blood would be shed. And as if to build upon this, Silk continued speak, his voice now the rigid iron it had been when he customarily ruled.

"That would be what Anochrim would have done. Or any other Panling, for that matter. But is that...wise rulership?" Silk smiled upwards towards Isabella before he waved a hand, descending thirty dark forms into the illuminated area. "Let me repeat the words of this...petitioner. Elaine comes with me or everyone in this room dies. That's what he said, isn't it?" Silk glanced around as if to confirm this, though he knew it for fact. "That is no request, my dear. That is an ultimatum. Several hundred petitioners just beyond those doors just heard Ulder Synkaaros make demands from the throne on pain of death...and for a woman that might or might not choose to go. Of course, Lady Bannon is a very gentle and wise creature...she would never allow anyone to perish for her sake...but I am not a gentle creature. If I allowed Synkaaros' ultimatum to succeed, then half the nations in the Empire would send similar ultimatums...because it's a sign of WEAKNESS!"

Silk began to pace around the throne where he surveyed his court carefully. "So you have a problem, my dear daughter. Elaine is free to do as she chooses...but Ulder is not. He must be slain for his insurrection. Then Lady Bannon and...what's left...may go where they wish. If he is not slain, then you will have civil war, and I will begin it right now by murdering these other two petitioners..." Silk motioned to Ahren and Zaure "...to symbolize your failure. Two deaths now...and perhaps two hundred thousand tomorrow."

He stopped pacing before the throne of iron and gazed up with his familiar, wolfish focus. "Those are you choices. This rules the Empire now..." Silk tapped his temple "...not this..." he tapped his heart "...and before you condemn so many power-hungry lords to raise arms against a weak, impotent ruler, consider upon them carefully. He came into your house and THREATENED you!"<hr>"There's a disturbance at the doors," remarked one of the assassins near Ashtallion. And indeed, the bitter taste of magic could be seen in effect near the doorway. Ashtallion knew the chamber to be quite well protected from magic, but they still demonstrated some concern as at least a dozen of the Brotherhood moved out to manage the interloper swiftly before the Caesar was disturbed. They moved in the shadows and they moved easily, perhaps two dozen strong when they approached, and Ashtallion could see Zarias just beyond the Caesar's audience chamber, doing very little but making a show before the motionless and uncaring Seneschals.

"You will wait, petitioner, until we call the next," ordered one cooly, his face obscured by the black mask nestled within his red cowl, his answer directed to Zarias. They offered no further comment, remaining firm and motionless otherwise.
Isabella Florentina
Countess Companio, "Countess Cabernet"

Post by Isabella Florentina »

Isabella's heart was clenching. She always liked to think of herself as a ruthless, rational being, but the truth of the matter was.. she was not. Isabella was a creature of passion in every way and she loved with abandon every way she found. This is what in the end made her Pan's warrior, through and through, and as such she knew she really had no choice. Somebody had to die, but in her mind it was neither Ulder nor Ahren, or even little innocent but annoying Zaure.

"Incredible bad form," Isabella told her father haughtily, "to interfere with my imperial decision." This decleration of ceasarian displeasure was of course only a smokescreen, a ploy to buy time as her mind raced furiously over every possibility. "I can however see your point. The good of the Empire is at stake. Indeed, the good of the entire world, if I may be so frank. This is no time to be distracted by civil war."

She stared into Silks eyes with brooding anger, thinking of all the deaths this man was already responsible off, all in the name of rightousness, of saving the Empire. "It is the Nether.. the darkness itself.. that is the biggest danger to all of us...The person that came into my house and threatened me.. should no longer BE."

With that she poured in all her passion, her black brooding anger and focused upon the man that was the cause of all the misery in her life, starting with her conception, bringing fourth a blasting power. A life that was already ended but in which she would gladly take another man with her into the Nether.

Isabella knew it would fail. It was only a smokescreen... a ploy to buy the others time and act swiftly for in the few flickers it took to react they stood a chance.
[size=92][color=darkred] [b][i]
Together they planned a power and a love that would be envied forever.
Who was to know that forever would be so short?[/i][/size][/color][/b]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Ashtallion heard one of the guards whisper about the disturbance at the door, and his gaze glanced towards it. He could feel the currents of magic beings woven, and the mage did not like what he felt. " Excuse me, Lady Elaine, but there is something I think I should attend to... ", his eyes swept the people before him, not liking the situation that had suddenly arisen.

" If you need me, call me.... whatever power I possess will be used to protect you if it can. ", he forced a smile, then retreated into the shadows, skirting the court to avoid the people that populated it, but as he moved his own magic was summoned, weving a shield about himself incase the figure at the door started any trouble.

Others were moving towards the other magic user, but Ashtallion would have preferred magic to deal with magic.

As he reached the entrace to the court chamber, Ashtallion drew himself up, tall for an adiel. With hands clasped infront of him, and his shield in place, the mage address the focus of this disturbance. " Perhaps it is best that you leave, Sir, before you cause any harm.... or harm is done to yourself. ", his words were simply, yet the held a note of finality. Ashtallion was in service to the Ceasar, it was who he served, despite it being a Tyrant that sat on the Throne..... or a Tyrants daughter.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”