The dream of the Seer : Rebellion against the Tyrant Sam 26

Moderator: Mods

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Gwayne of Vendeling wrote:Outside the warrior watched and listened to Amber with a bit of a sad smile…

“Your brother wanted change, not destruction. He could not even handle a knife….unlike you. They never listed to what he had to say. They just called him a traitor and killed him. But I respect your choice, if you want to serve your…. Caesar, I can not stop you except by killing you. And your brother loved you enough to ask me to protect you, even though he knew what you where doing in life. But I know where Lord Gavin is…my lord not yours. It’s all a matter of choice. First answer me….do you want to kill him ?”

He started to move away, as where he and Amber dancing in the dark, a slow dance with death as a reward if the man failed. But still he made no move to grab his weapons.

For a flicker he hesitated watching his hands. Then he resumed his movement. But the man had changed, he seemed more like a normal person now.

"I don't care what he wanted," Amber said dangerously, quietly. "Nor do I care how he went about it. He was a traitor, and that's all that matters. But he paid for his mistake, and he's ancient past now. So why don't you quit harping on him and worry about yourself."

Her knives flashed dangerously in the dim light from the fires in the fortress, and she took a step toward him. "I don't give a damn who Gavin Tylvan is to you. He's the enemy to me, a dead man who doesn't yet know he's died. Now, tell me where he is, or my face will be the last thing you see... in this life or the next!"
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The body spiked to the door did not distract Gavin, who charged straight into the room. And found no one there. He was just coming back to the door when Syrawenn entered. He stood there trembling as she entered and watched her study the room in silence. And as she went out through the window he merely turned and strode back towards the others. With a nod he accepted the Clansman's report and stood for a flicker.

"Alright. Secure the stronghold with what troops we have. I doubt there will be any counter-attack any time soon, but better to be sure. See if you can replace the gates, or at least bar the way in with some debris. I'll come back as soon as possible. I still have a task to perform. Noir got away, and I need to end his pitiful life if I am to sleep peacefully. Abeo, I will take a few of the remaining warriors and go pursue him. Take care of the stronghold while I am gone. You three, come with me." And without giving anyone time to argue, he picked three random warriors and turned back towards the Noir's room.

A quick peek out the window to see, where Syra was and then he waited for her to get almost to the bottom. "Wait up. I am coming down." And then he turned back and fished a pair of boots, a pair of pants and some warm clothing from Noir's personal wardrobe. Without much ceremony he threw them down after her and started climbing. "Put those on. In case you failed to notice it is freezing outside." And he was soon at her side, waiting for her to get dressed so they could pursue Noir. He was dead tired, but this seemed important for her. It is important for both of us. I did all this to get Noir and I'll be damned if I let him slip away. To Nether with this pain and lack of strength. Today I either die or I kill Noir.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

While Abeo changed his form, once again becoming the man that she knew so intimately, Sevti held him tight. She could see the pain he tried to hide as his body moved from that of a god to that of a human and wished she could do something to take the pain away. All she could think to do was remain with him until the last shudders left his body.

And once she was sure her husband was once more as she remembered him, she pressed her body against his to kiss him very thoroughly. She didn't realize until that very moment how afraid that she was that Pan would keep him as his own, regardless of the promises that Abeo had made. Nor how glad she was that she had him whole once more.

She pulled away from him to find Gavin and Syra charging forward into Noir's room. Within moments, Gavin came back without Syra and addressed Abeo and the warriors. The tiny woman idly fingered Gavin's dagger, still waiting at her hip while she listened. A part of her wanted to follow, to help them see this through. Another part wanted to stay here, to have a few moments of safety with her husband. She glanced in Abeo's direction, the question of his choice shining from her dark eyes. She would follow him, as she always did.
"First let's just unzip your religion down" - [i]Crazy[/i], Tori Amos
Tickle-fight champion.
[i]Avatar is At the Edge of the World by Electra[/i]
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

With a quick pat on Sevti's ass Abeo made clear that he wanted to be quick. With a growl in his voice he commanded the clansmen to follow him and he dashed down stairs towards the gates.

While running he whispered towards Sevti who he assumed would be running beside him.

"Dear, we should do some shopping in this castle before we leave...." a quick chuckle followed.

Then he took the next corner, leaving a door and the gates came into view. And the saw riders leaving the castle. Abeo cursed.

[hr][/hr]

In the mean time Noir and the paladin bursted inside the stables. The girl outside sobbed and whimpered about the cold. But she was ignored while the man released the horses.

Noir laughed because the horses where prepared to leave, so he just jumped into the saddle and rode it outside the stables. Grabbing the girl and pulling her in front of the saddle. Then he notices Syrawenn lowering herself outside of the window. The urge to move towards her and separate that troublesome head of shoulders was almost irressistable.

But the more wiser voice of the paladin behind him told him to hurry up. Because others would follow. So they started to ride and leave the castle through the gate.

[hr][/hr]

The man watched Amber face his eyes piercing her's. His eyes reflected something odd, no hate nor anger, it was something else....care. "You can not force me to kill you. I shall bring you to Lord Gavin...but he shall live and so do you. That is a promise made by me......."

Then his eyes flashed towards the gate's of the stronghold. And a lightning fast response followed. He dashed at full speed past Amber, using his mailed arm to block Ambers knife's for a flicker until he was far away enough to be more or less save. He is running as fast as possible towards the gates of the castle where three riders appeared. The first one carrying a woman in front of him.

While he released his swords the man shouted towards what seemed the second armoured rider. "Be careful Lord Gavin.....danger is hiding her pretty face in the forest.."

[hr][/hr]

Syrawenn landed savely on the ground. Just to see Noir watching her from the back of a horse. In front of him a girl he hold, looking remarkable like herself. It could be her twin sister.

The soft tud of Gavin's feet touching the stones where heart. Then the second rider pushed Noir and said something to him what triggered him to ride out as fast as possible leaving the castle.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Cold.
It registered, but somehow it did not matter. Her bare feet landed in the snow, thankfully dulling the pain in her ankles. Already Noir was on horseback. There was no way she was going to be able to catch up with him, not with her nonexistant riding skills.

Something fell down in the snow behind her. Clothes. Boots. The girl looked up, seeing Gavin come down as well. He mentioned freezing. She nodded. It probably was freezing. Right now there was a different kind of fire heating her from the inside.

"Don't wait. Grab a horse. Get him." Syrawenn told the big man with an eerily calm voice.

She went through the motions and put on the clothes over the irritating robes. The boots were more troublesome since they required her to stretch her feet. An expression of pain slid over her face as the young woman pulled them on anyway.

As soon as she was done, she started walking. Sooner or later she would catch up. And that was when there would be the Nether to pay. Nothing else mattered. Clutching the dagger Syrawenn ploughed through the snow.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin merely nodded to Syrawenn and ran towards the stables. There will be more horses there. Damned Noir, I'll make him pay. All the muscles in his body protested at this new exertion, but he kept pushing on. Just a little more. Just a few more marks. And then I can rest. Sleep. Eat. With her. Yes. Only a little bit more. And with that thought he burst into the stables. Grabbing a piece of rope, he made a simple noose and sought a horse in the stalls.

Warhorses were not what he needed. And then his eyes fell upon a palfrey. White as the snow outside, she seemed fragile, but he knew better. She was fast and sturdy. One of the Kislovani breed. He slid the noose over its head and tied the end of the rope to it. It was a simple thing, but he had no time to seek a bridle and prepare the horse. No time to saddle her up. This will serve. Unless I catch up to him real fast, the revenge will have to wait.

With considerable skill the big man jumped onto the horse and urged her out. For a flicker he waited at the door studying his surroundings and then spurred her on towards the gate. He urged the horse towards Syra and leaning to the side picked the girl up. He almost fell in the process, his muscles protesting, but managed to hold on with his knees. Lifting Syra up, he placed the girl in front of him and whispered. "Hold on tight." And then he loosened up the reins, letting the horse pick up speed, fire burning in his eyes. Out of the castle he rode. Out and then after Noir.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Gwayne of Vendeling wrote:The man watched Amber face his eyes piercing her's. His eyes reflected something odd, no hate nor anger, it was something else....care. "You can not force me to kill you. I shall bring you to Lord Gavin...but he shall live and so do you. That is a promise made by me......."

Then his eyes flashed towards the gate's of the stronghold. And a lightning fast response followed. He dashed at full speed past Amber, using his mailed arm to block Ambers knife's for a flicker until he was far away enough to be more or less save. He is running as fast as possible towards the gates of the castle where three riders appeared. The first one carrying a woman in front of him.

While he released his swords the man shouted towards what seemed the second armoured rider. "Be careful Lord Gavin.....danger is hiding her pretty face in the forest.."

"Well then, I guess we'll see how good your promises are then," Amber sneered. Did this fellow really plan to take her to "Lord" Gavin, and then expect her not to kill him? Was he really that stupid? Maybe spending years as one of the dead had muddled his brain. She didn't care; if he was going to get her closer to Gavin Tylvan, that was all that mattered to her. She would take what came her way without complaint, and then she'd finish the job.

But then, suddenly, the man sprang into movment. Amber thought he was going to attack her, and she lashed out with one of her blades, but it bounced off his mailed arm with such force that she dropped the blade in the snow. "Bloody hell!" she cursed as she stooped to pick up the knife. She rose quickly, staring after the running man. Was that Gavin he was running toward? She couldn't tell, not at this distance. And the man was wearing armor anyway. She didn't think that Gavin would have been able to don armor so fast, but then, he had been possessed by the spirits of hundreds of undead. Maybe...

She sprang forward on long, agile legs, running after the dead man she'd been talking to with all possible speed. Even in the snow, she was fast and graceful, her lighter body enabling her to stay atop the snow rather than sinking into it. There was only one way to find out whether the second rider was Gavin or not, and that was to get close enough to find out...
Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

Sevti smiled at her husband's affection pat to her behind, then followed him to the gates. She chuckled at his remark about "shopping", agreeing whole-heartedly. There was plenty in this keep, she was sure, that the groupd of them could make use of. Normally she wasn't one for indiscriminate plundering, but considering the man that owned the place and what he had done to Syrawenn...

The tiny Panling shuddered at what she could only imagine had happened to the young girl. There were few outward signs that Syra had been harmed, but she noticed the stiffness in how she'd walked. Someone probably healed the worst of it. Probably Noir, the bastard, so he could hurt her again and again. I want to talk to her when she gets back, Sevti decided as they approached the gates and watched the first figures - Noir and his group, by the sound of Abeo swearing softly next to her. Even if she manages to catch him and kill him - or Gavin does - there's still going to be a lot that she's going to bury. And that won't be good for her.

Her mind made up, she watched the next horse pass by, carrying it's two riders - the woman bald, being held securely in front of the man, hair which had hours earlier been dark and were now shades of gray. Pan go with them and protect them, she prayed.

As they were riding past, she started to turn to her husband to speak when a sight from the woods caught her eyes. She recognized the area as that which she'd passed as she snuck into the Keep earlier. That had to be the clansman and the woman he'd been distracting earlier. "Gavin," she cried out loudly. "Behind you!" It was all she could do from where she stood, not having a crossbow nearby to try to slow down the pair after them - nor even enough skill to hit them reliably from this distance if she did.
Tickle-fight champion.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The man shouted something towards the paladin, but that was of no interest to Noir.
Noir forced the horse to go faster until suddenly the man appeared in front of him. Two blades catched some light and then turned red while the horses of Noir and the paladin screamed and their blood turned the snow red.

While the animals of the two men went down the man danced away cutting down the poor squire of the paladin in the process. The poor boy looked a bit amazed with the steel sticking out of his chest for a near flicker. While he dropped of the horse the man backed off towards a shadow moving in fast.

Noir cursed and the young woman screamed while the horse fell away between his legs. His reflexes made sure that he landed on his feet. Pulling the sword out its scabbard with a metal ringing sound.
The woman landed in the snow and her scream ended as abrupt as it started. Leaving her body unmoving in the snow. Noir quickly made a dash for the only left horse, still carrying the body of the young squire.

The Paladin also crashed into the snow. A curse left his mouth when he landed. But he was not wounded and realised that a quick escape was out of the question. So he grabbed a small axe from the saddle of the dead horse to supplement his drawn broadsword.

[hr][/hr]

Gavin and Syrawenn's horse came running out of the gates and a new situation enfolded before them about two hundred meter in front of them.
Two dead horses lay dead on the ground, a woman in a shirt lay beside one of them, motionless. A third carrying the dead body of the squire was trotting away being followed by a cursing Noir.

The Paladin was clearly preparing to receive Gavin holding his weapons ready in the relaxed way of a warrior knowing that he could not escape.

In the background a other man was running intercepting a woman, with red hair. Who was already very close to the two men.

Syrawenn discovered that is was very cold outside making her limbs feeling numb even though the more heavy clothing she was wearing. The tiredness was taking its toll from her.

[hr][/hr]

Amber followed the man, who was running at a very high speed, especially when you consider that he was carrying chain mail. But the cold had made Amber a bit numb as well so she was not as fast as normal would have been the case.

The man in front of her just threw himself in between the riders and with quick strokes of the two blades he carried he brought the horses down. Then with a new swift stroke the third and young rider met his untimely end. He made no effort to stop his movement because he turned immediately to face amber again. Running back to her until in a few flickers they where face to face again. Behind his back at the gates of the castle Gavin appeared, on horseback with Syrawenn in front of him. The man breathed heavily and his broadsword and short sword where both covered in blood. He made a stand stand in front of Amber and said. "Lady, please stay where you are......please."

[hr][/hr]

Abeo and Sevti where running towards the gate's watching Gavin and Syrawenn leaving it. After a few flickers they and the warriors reached the gates. Sevti pointed out to Abeo the strange woman she had seen when she entered the keep, she even shouted towards Gavin, but her voice was blown away in the wind.
Abeo grumbled something about being to far away. And kept his lady close while they watched the enfolding story.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Gavin's hopes were not very high as they rode out of the gate. Noir was too far away and they were outnumbered, two to one. Even if the girl could not fight, there was not much chance they could win. But, we can try. And die trying. Together. Seems to me you fail in your end of the bargain spirits. She is still not safe. She is still not safe. My life for safety. She is not safe. And then he saw the stranger running to intercept Noir. And cursed as he saw the bastard landing on his feet. "Bloody prick. He is lucky. Well, let us see if his luck lasts long." The big man urged his horse onward and was just about to ride the paladin in their way down, when he saw the body of a girl lying still in the snow. NO. She is not going to die like that. In a fight. But, not like this.

Pulling the reins hard he forced the horse to skid to a halt. Jumping down, some twenty yards from the paladin, he helped Syra dismount too. "We take this one together. Then, we go after Noir." And the big man pulled his sword out. Shifting into a fighting stance he moved towards the paladin, slowly circling to wards the side, making sure the man was between him and Syra. "Don't be a fool, lad. You can still get out of this alive. Bah, what am I saying. You are a stupid Oneist. You live to die for your God. So be it." A first blow landed on the paladin's sword with a loud clang and Gavin withdrew once more out of the man's reach. And then another overhead slash followed. And another. And then a low cut. The opponent blocked them all. But, they were not meant to hurt him. Just to test him. With the edge of his vision, the big man caught sight of Noir and just had to taunt. "NOIR. LEAVING SO SOON." A sideways slash, made sure the paladin could not finish his own attack, forcing the man to jump out of the way of Dortman's sword.

A single step and once more he taunted Noir. "RUNNING FORM AN OLD MAN? AND A GIRL? WHAT'S THE MATTER? AFRAID SHE WILL CUT YOUR PRICK OFF?" The big man's attention was on the paladin in front of him all the time. The taunts were merely attempts to draw Noir back. He would pursue him to the end of the world if need be. But, if he could finish it here and now, he would not pass a chance. "DO YOU HAVE A PRICK AT ALL? OR MAYBE SHE ALREADY TOOK IT? DO YOU HAVE A SQUEAKY VOICE NOW?" And once more he slashed at the paladin, just to keep him on the edge.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Gwayne of Vendeling wrote:Amber followed the man, who was running at a very high speed, especially when you consider that he was carrying chain mail. But the cold had made Amber a bit numb as well so she was not as fast as normal would have been the case.

The man in front of her just threw himself in between the riders and with quick strokes of the two blades he carried he brought the horses down. Then with a new swift stroke the third and young rider met his untimely end. He made no effort to stop his movement because he turned immediately to face amber again. Running back to her until in a few flickers they where face to face again. Behind his back at the gates of the castle Gavin appeared, on horseback with Syrawenn in front of him. The man breathed heavily and his broadsword and short sword where both covered in blood. He made a stand stand in front of Amber and said. "Lady, please stay where you are......please."

Amber watched the bloodshed unfolding before her in the brief, but incredibly bloody fight. The fact that the apparition had attacked the riders made it clear that they did not belong to Gavin's party. So where was Gavin?

Amber stopped short, the ghostly man directly in front of her. She panted a bit as she studied him, trying to figure out what he was playing at. And then he told her to stay where she was. Her eyes flickered toward the gates of the fortress, where even now, another horse was coming out at full speed. There he was! Her heart leapt within her, as she caught sight of her prey for the first time since she had started this hunt. And he had that girl with him too. Maybe she could get rid of them both. They were both, after all, traitors.

"Out of my way," she commanded as she brushed past the man that had led her here. Even as Gavin engaged the downed paladin, Amber ran toward him with all of her might. She expected that Gavin would win the fight, and as he stood in triumph, she would strike....

"You're mine now," she breathed to herself.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Somehow time passed.
Somehow she stayed on the horse.
Somehow she dismounted.

Feeling her feet sag into the ground the girl looked down, blinking her eyes.

Snow.
It made sense, and yet it did not register. Everything felt heavy, everything felt troublesome. This man next to her wanted to take the paladin on together. The young woman flexed her fingers around the dagger. There was something more important...someone more important.

The men were dancing in front of her, locked in metal combat. The big man yelled something: "NOIR. LEAVING SO SOON."

Noir.
Syrawenn's head snapped up, her eyes filled with cold hatred. She turned around and scanned the horizon, finding Noir following a runaway horse. She started to run. Forgotten was the fight at hand, ignored was the redheaded girl and her companion. Nothing else mattered. There was only one thing keeping her going right now.

Noir.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

In a room of the castle eyes opened filled with the fire of hate. They looked down on her chest where a knife was sticking out. Her hand reached out and pulled it out of her body. Then she disappeared like a dieing flame.

[hr][/hr]

Abeo and Sevti watched the fight. Then Abeo asked Sevti to collect some first aid stuff. Somehow he had a feeling that it would be needed. A quick kiss was exchanged between the two lovers. Then he picked up his axe and moved out of the castle, he would be late. But he would be there.

[hr][/hr]

Gavin was exchanging blows with the paladin and they told him several things. The man was not tired like him, he was younger and well trained. And he was good. If he would not keep his wits , he would soon die....

Behind the paladin a female shape appeared, she was familiar to him, it was Amber. The dagger she held was a clear sign that she mend business.

The clansman behind her was for a flicker clearly held in a dilemma when Syrawenn run towards Noir's back with a ferrosious speed.

Syrawenn's legs hurt and she was tired. And Noir turned while holding the horse. Gavin's words had triggered a reaction, although it seemed on the wrong moment. Because now he faced Syrawenn.....in shining armour and with a large sword.

"Do you want more of the whip bitch or do you need some more dick." He said loudly. Loud enough to make sure that Gavin heard. "You make a great slave bitch. They taught you well in that prison, especially begging is a skill well taught..............." he said with a grin. Then the woman came in reach.

[hr][/hr]

Amber passed the clansman and oddly enough he was not able to stop her, not that she cared. She realised that there was something odd about Gavin, he looked older. And maybe he would not win this fight so easily as she expected because he was clearly tired, while the other man still moved with vigor.

But the distance between Amber and the two men became smaller quickly until she appeared behind the Paladin.............
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Gwayne of Vendeling wrote:Amber passed the clansman and oddly enough he was not able to stop her, not that she cared. She realised that there was something odd about Gavin, he looked older. And maybe he would not win this fight so easily as she expected because he was clearly tired, while the other man still moved with vigor.

But the distance between Amber and the two men became smaller quickly until she appeared behind the Paladin.............

Amber made her decision as she approached the duel between Gavin and the Paladin. Gavin wasn't looking to be in as good health as the last time she'd seen him, and it was looking like he might have difficulty finishing the fight and living. She wanted to make sure that he lived... so that she could finish him off herself.

She came up behind the Paladin on silent feet, using skills she'd acquired over the past seven years. She struck with practiced ease, one hand coming up to hold his chin firmly in place, while her other drew her long dagger smoothly across his throat, finding the weak spot where his helm joined with his neck protection...
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

The paladin smashed his axe sideways to face this new enemy. But Ambers stroke had been clear and true, blood pored from below his helmed. In a panic stroke he scored a hit on Amber the side of his axe crushing into the side and leg of Amber, bruising bone and skin. She lost her balance and fell over. Her leg feeling numb and bruised.

The man collapsed on the ground, after some twitches he was motionless. The fight was over...... or not.

In the mean time Syrawenn faced Noir, to far away from Gavin to be able to help her..... near enough to hear and see all.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

After the kiss from her husband, Sevti turned to stride quickly back inside the Keep. She didn't watch him leave to enter the fray, though she knew without a doubt that he would do so. A fight to him was like Joy to her - far too great of a draw to ignore. So she concentrated on finding what she needed to patch up those who would survive. Which had better be the three of them, she mused as she rushed up the stairs to a nearby corridor.

The relative emptiness of the Keep convinced her that she would need to search each room for the necessary supplies, but when when she rounded another corner near Noir's rooms, she was stopped short by a short, nervous man in servant's garb. The silence of the Keep, and the inability to hear anything that happened from without, unnerved the priestess enough that she didn't treat the man with the courtesy she would have normally shown.

Resting her hand on the hilt of Gavin's dagger, she barked her request to the little man, demanding to be shown where she could find the bandages, salves and heavy thread. She watched the man's eyes dart between the dagger at her waist and her own closed, dark eyes. Without a word, he nodded and lead her below once more, to the guard's wing.

There, he showed her a room neatly stocked with various means of healing - bandages, salves, dried herbs, well-sharpened knives, heavy thread. It certainly seems as though Noir expected plenty of harm to come to those under his command, she thought, taking in the shelves stocked before her. I'm actually surprised that such a man cared enough for anyone to have so much stocked. Beside her, the man cleared his throat and stammered a request to be of further assistance. The Panling shook her head in a wordless reply as her mind began to calculate what tools she might need.

She began pulling several rolls of bandages, a few tins of salve, a roll of thread and a sharp needle from the shelves. If there are more serious injuries, they can be brought here, she decided as she lifted her skirt to create a make-shift pouch in which to carry the items she'd chosen. No need to bring everything I could possibly need for the moment. I wonder if there's someone more skilled in healing than I among the servants still around. Small bits of patching I can do. Pan's curly chest-hairs, I hope there's nothing more serious than that.

As she turned to leave, she spotted a clear bottle, 3/4s full of a rich Amber liquid. "Perfect," she murmured, grabbing the whiskey and adding it to the top of the pile. And then she hurried back to the gates, praying that there were no casualties waiting for her care when she arrived.
Tickle-fight champion.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

He was aware that this battle might end badly. If they were both fresh and if he was still in his prime, it would be no problem. Now, he was not so sure he could win. Duels were never his strong point anyway. Mass battles where people had to focus on many possible opponents were fine. But, he still had a few aces up his sleeve. The man opposing him was fighting too cleanly. Like his leader. The one who died at the gates. I can't overpower him this time. Maybe I can trick him into making a mistaek?

And the big man started to limp with each step he made. Imperceptibly at first, but more and more with each new step. A feigned wince followed each time he placed his right foot down. And he started grunting with each blow he blocked and each blow he landed. He was not nearly that tired, and he wanted for paladin to press the advantage this appeared to be. It was easy to defend. Easier than to attack. And people got tired more easily.

He saw the girl coming from behind the paladin. And almost died because of it. Paladin's sword only brushed his shoulder as he stared in surprise. Amber? Here? Nearly got me killed. And then she was on top of the paladin and the fight was over. Noir's voice drifted over and Gavin chanced a glance there. Too far. Kill him, Syra. Alone. And then he turned to the wounded Amber. His friend. How long has it been? How many yahren? What happened to her?

So many questions. One was more important than the rest. He came to the downed girl and offered her his hand to help her up. "You okay, Amber? It is you, isn't it? My eyes aren't deceiving me? Darn, it is a welcome sight. I missed you." And despite the pain in his back, he tried to help her up, while his eyes scanned her side, where paladin's axe landed. He sought the blood trying to judge how hurt she was by the blow. It is her. Fiery demon girl. A simple farm hand. Yeah, right.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Fighting around her.
Fighting behind her.
People running, screaming.

Time was a funny thing and so was sound. Somehow it never reached her as the young woman's eyes were only on Noir who was trying to get away.

Get away.
No.

Armour gleamed in the light. A sword left it's scabbard. Snow crackled under her unfitted boots. Every step took it's merry time, every move hurt something deep inside and yet everything was dulled...as dull as sounds in the snow.

Snow.
Cold.

A violent shudder ran through her tortured body as the fever spiked anew.

Sword.
Dagger.

It was no match and still there was this small part of her mind that could not let go. She had to get to him now. Taunts reached her ears, but the girl would not spend any energy on responding.

Still out of reach the girl grabbed a few hands full of snow and packed it together to a sturdy ball of ice. With a practiced throw she aimed at the horse, wanting it to run off much, much further. Only after accomplishing that she moved in again, her dagger meant for Noir.

Then she came in reach.
And waited.
Sooner or later he would attack or turn his back. That's when she was going to strike and not before. Syrawenn knew there was only little time left before her body would give out and this was how she needed to spend those last moments. She needed to kill Noir.
Now.

Time snapped back into place.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

On a hill besides some clansmen a darkhaired woman appeared. The men jumped high when they noticed her.

"Don't stand here you idiots.... gather the men and march !! Go and help lord Gavin.... NOW !!!"

The man made a run for it. The woman watched downhill where Gavin and Syrawenn where fighting for their lifes.

She was clearly NOT happy...... maybe that was the reason why snow was melting around her...

[hr][/hr]
A ball of ice made its way towards the horse but it fell short and only disturbed some more snow.
So a new snowball was thrown, this time it made a hit, and the horse being skittish moved a few yards away. Then the animal watched what was happening. Maybe it was also a bit confused that that swaying female was throwing snowballs and waving the knife in the air.

The horse moved its ears nervously while watching the woman approaching the warrior holding his sword. Syrawenn appeared in front of Noir her face was wet of sweat, even though it was freezing cold.

Noir made a step forward and said "So you want some more attention. Don't worry we take good care of you."

But Syrawenn ignored the remarks. Her dagger moved towards the man's head. And he just grabbed her hand. She took the dagger in her other hand, franticly trying to stab him. But he just grabbed the other hand. She kicked him, hurting herself against his armour.

His grin widened so she tried to bite him, the grin disappeared and he released her, he just pushed her away. And she dropped on the ground still holding the dagger.

"The men shall return for me, and we kill that clansman of yours and his rebellious friends. And you shall serve my loins as you did before bitch. You shall beg to serve me, just like your sister did." the words of Noir seemed to echo in Syrawenn's mind.

But the kick of Noir's heavy boot in her ribs was real enough, and the world changed...sounds...voices colours all changed. She saw men coming out of the hills..soldiers...probably Noir's men, they went for Gavin. And a other man came in running dashing towards Noir. Pain was spreading inside her in the few burns that she was grounded in the snow. She became delerious while she did hear fighting, the sounds of swords and a cursing Noir. And the voices returned, "Lord Gavin dead !!! Lord Abeo what can we do ? Lord Abeo.... lord Abeo.....O no...run lady Sevti run...they kill all... O damned lady Syrawenn.............damned lady Syrawenn.."

[hr][/hr]

Noir grinned while he kicked Syrawenn, the girl was totally feverish and unable to defend herself. Then a shadow appeared carrying two swords. The man bashed into Noir pushing him away from Syrawenn. A curse left Noirs lips while he responded "You die just like that bastard, Lord Gavin, he also shall be DEAD." Noirs sword reached out to kill the man, but these answered just by dancing around him. His sword and short sword barely touching Noir's weapon, and the ringing sound of the weapons playing the rhythm of death itself.
After a few burns Noir knew that the man was tired and a grin appeared on his face. When the man made a mistake in his defence he used his sword to stab, piercing through the other man's chain mail into the flesh below. Too late he realised that the man had moved his body a little and what should have been a mortal wound was now only a flesh wound and a sword embedded in a chain mail trap.

Noir never did see the short sword that knocked him out. Just the evergrowing darkness how swallowed him with a curse on his lips.

Several clansmen arrived at the scene from the other side of the castle. "Lord Abeo" one of them shouted. "Lord Abeo, Lord Abeo run for Lady Sevti please. We need her help !!"
Then the wounded warrior said. "Keep Noir alive, don't KILL ALL of them. Damned Lady Syrawenn, why did you go after him alone !! Damned Lady Syrawenn !!"

Far away Abeo turned back to the castle to get Sevti.

The wounded warrior removed the sword from his chain mail with a grimace of pain. He ordered the unconscious Syrawenn and Noir to be brought back to the castle.

Then his eyes focussed on Lord Gavin with clear worries reflected in his eye's. After a flicker he started to move, ignoring the wound in his side, making his way towards Gavin. Life was never easy, not even for the just reborn.....
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber had intended to finish her killing blow on the Paladin, and move on to Gavin, smoothly killing the two men before either of them really knew what was going on. But the Paladin's weapon crushed into her side and hip, and she cried out in pain as she was thrown to the snow. She tried to rise again, but found that her left leg wouldn't work. Unable to stifle her whimpers of agony, she tried to pull herself away from Gavin. She looked up at him, expecting him to be bringing his weapon down on her. But he didn't strike...

Panting as she fought to stay concious, she saw that he was reaching a hand out. To help her. Her eyes widened a bit as recognition dawned on her. He didn't know. He didn't know that she was trying to kill him. Maybe he didn't even know what she'd been doing these last few years. Now would be her chance...

She tried to raise her dagger, but all she was able to do through the waves of pain was struggle a bit in the snow. "I..." she tried to say. "You... you will... you're dead..." Then blackness took her, and she fell back and went limp.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

He almost had her hand in his when she uttered those words. It made him stop as his eyebrows arched in surprise. I'm dead...... What the..... What the Nether is she talking about? Well, maybe I am. I don't feel so good and it might be I am dead. Maybe the bargain I made was paid in full. Bah, I will think about it later. His gaze was turned on Syra and Noir and his heart skipped a beat. "Is she alright?" His shout carried all the way to the Castle and the answer made him release the breath he did not realized he was holding. Unconscious. Good. She needs the rest. I need the rest. Crazy girl. Oh, there will be words between us.

There was another matter he needed to resolve before he could see to her, though. With care and a grunt at the pain in his back, Gavin bent and picked up Amber's daggers. He tucked them into her belt and then picked her up as well. "Foolish girl. I could have handled him. You and Syra will be the death of me. Or maybe I am dead already?" And as he carried her a laughter sounded across the plains.

She was not heavy, but Gavin was not feeling very well. By the time he reached the gates, he was sweating profusely and panting, his breath visible in the cold air. Motioning for one of the Clansmen to come, he placed Amber in his arms. "Take care of her. She is an old friend and may have saved my life today. Put her in one of the noble rooms and send a healer to her." And then his mind was back on the other problems.

Abeo was close by and the big man came to his side. A wide smile graced his face despite all that happened. To an extent it worked. First victory was theirs, they were all alive, Syra was safe. And Noir was dead. Or will be as soon as she awoke. "Oi, old friend. We won. I feel dead tired, but on the inside I feel great." Then his face lost a bit of its happiness. "Now, we need to sort a few things. Post some guards on the walls. I doubt that anyone will come after us so soon, but it is better to be on the safe side. See that everyone who needs a healer is taken care of. And that includes you. Send a runner to the Temple we came from and ask for help. Better yet, send two runners. One will return with help, the other can go to Ahurn's people and see if they can help. We need the army now. See if we can bar the gates again and every other way in we can ferret out. And then go and spend some time with that crazy wife of yours. You need the rest"

Only then did he allow his own shoulder to sag. I need the rest. And I am getting it. Now. "Now, I don't know what is wrong with me, but I feel broken. I need the rest too. I'll go check on Syra and then I'll wash myself and get some sleep. I'll be in Noir's room if you need me. Oh, not to forget. Noir is not to be harmed, but make sure he is bound and gagged and that two men are at his side at all times. He is my gift for that crazy girl. Oh, he will die, but not until she wills it." A pause as he closed his eyes to shake the weariness off. "Okay, I am going. Wake me up if anything happens. Or rather, order someone to do it and get some rest yourself. I am gone."

And then he was of. As the big man passed the stables, he paused to pick up a bucket and filled it with snow and then sought Syra. She found her in one of the rooms on the upper floors. She looked like she was asleep and her face brought smile upon his lips. Setting the bucked down he sat next to her bed and held her hand for a few burns, content with just looking at her still form. Even with her hair and eyebrows gone, he still found her beautiful. Just live and then you shall have your revenge. Noir is not a man, but an animal. Or, rather not. It would be an insult to the animals. A monster then. And he will be put down. Slowly he was starting to doze off, so with reluctance he rose and let go of the girl hand. Gently he stroked her cheek and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Sleep well and get better. I need you."

He asked the healer a few questions about her condition and just nodded at all the comments. "Send someone for me when she wakes up. I will be in the Lord's room on the upper floor. Take good care of her for me." And then he was off once more. It took him a couple of burns to reach the top of the stairs. He left the bucket in the room and then removed the girl from the door. "One more death on your soul, Noir. One more reason for you to suffer." With care he placed the girl on the floor and settled her clothes. And then went down once more and deposited her in the care of one of the Clansmen. "See that she is buried. I don't know her name, but I will find out soon. Just take care of it."

And once more he went up. Pieces of armor clanged on the floor as he released them one by one. And he did not stop until he was standing naked. He stood in the center of the room for almost a burn letting the cold air from the window invigorate him a bit. But, soon it became unpleasant and he strode to it and pulled the rope in before he closed the window. And then started to clean. If anyone watched him, they might have found it odd that he cleaned his sword first. It took almost ten burns until it was cleaned and resharpened. Only then did he start rubbing the snow all over his body, cleaning blood and grime from his skin and hair.

In the end he stood shivering, but once more clean. And then strode to the door and closed it. But, before he went to bed, one more thing needed to be done. Taking a few pieces of his own armor, the Dortman arranged them so that anyone opening the door would cause them to tumble down and make a noise. Nodding in satisfaction, he moved to the bed at last. His sword was already there and he sat for a few flickers rubbing his face. "Time to sleep." Pulling the covers over his body, he was asleep as soon as he closed his eyes.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Silence fell over the stronghold except for the sounds of the men who where repairing the gates.

Outside the stronghold Abeo and the Red Warrior where busy with several scores of clansmen to collect and burry the dead.

Inside the castle Sevti was taking care of the wounded, and started to take control of the castle. Fire's where kindled, food was made. People started to come out hiding now the fighting was over. And cleaning was taken care of.

The warrior checked out the body of the young woman who had been with Noir and found out that she was still alive. So he brought her to Sevti, his own wound was allready tended, so after a talk with the other red warriors he entered Amber's room and sat there. Her daggers where at a table beside her. He made no move to remove them, he just waited until she woke up again.

The dozen red warriors took positions through out the castle. Before the room of Lord Gavin, Lady Syrawenn and the gates.

Syrawenn, feverisch as she wasn started to have strange and dark dreams. While servants changed the cold bandages on her forehead. After two marks Sevti sat beside her. Waiting and taking care of her.

But for now everything was silent the gates repaired..... except for the gravedigging.

Sevti
Retired staff

Post by Sevti »

The marks flew by as Sevti cared for one wounded after another. Thankfully, most of those that crossed her path were able to be quickly dealt with - a slap of salve and a bandage here, a quick threading of a cut there. The once-ghostly warrior brought the woman Sevti had seen with him in the woods to her and for a brief moment, the priestess wondered what their connection was. But now was not the time to ask, she decided as she bandaged the wounds to the girl's side. She was far more worried about Syrawenn than those that she had never met before this mark. With a quick word to the strange warrior of the care she would need - continuing to let her rest, keeping the bandage clean, and by Pan's beard, NOT letting her do anything strenuous for a time - she sent them on their way.

And thankfully noticed that there were none left awaiting her attentions.

She left word with one of the servants that when Abeo returned, she would be in Syrawenn's room and quickly slipped out of the make-shift infirmary before another could come searching for her assistance.

The first thing she did upon arrival at Syra's bedside was send the servant away. She would contact Gavin when Syra was awake and well enough to see him. Until then, she would sit at her friend's bedside, being the one to care for her. A bucket of melting snow sat beside the bed and every ten burns or so, she would take a new cloth from it and replace the one that had covered the girl's feverish forehead, the cold being quickly leeched from it in that short space of time. The Panling could tell that her friend's dreams were uneasy and, though she didn't know what they contained, she did her best to sooth them away with soft words and quiet sounds, with a gentle touch of her hand upon the other girl's. She knew Syra would live - she was doing the necessary things to make sure of it - but she often wondered, as she waited in shadows growing longer, how well the girl would be mentally and physically at the end of the ordeal.

She had Gavin's love. That counted for much. Sevti herself could attest to what a difference a true heart's love could make in the will to live. But there was so much that happened to her while Noir had her in his control, so much that she would - if the priestess read the young woman right - bury deeply inside of her to fester even longer and eat away at that foundation of self.

Then there was the damage to her body. Syrawenn had pushed herself far - possibly too far. Until she woke up, there was no way to tell just how weakened this might leave her. And if the girl did as Sevti expected her to, continuing to push herself even before she had fully recovered, it would only be worse. I need to find the words, the right words, to make her see that she can trust me, Sevti thought, once more taking a freezing cloth from the bucket and replacing it with the burning one that had soaked Syra's brow. That she'll do no one - herself or Gavin included - any good by pushing beyond her limits, or by hiding the worst inside of her. Pan, help me find a way to let her trust me enough in that.

And on she waited, soothing away the nightmares, caring for the feverish body, thinking of what more she could do, until the woman woke once more.
Tickle-fight champion.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Just like your sister did…
Just like your sister…
Sister…

I have no sister…

A grimace on her flushed face, the cold outside doing little to ease the fever finally triumphing over her exhausted body. A kick in her stomach and the girl curled up, not fast enough to avoid the kick in her ribs.
She grunted in pain.

"Lord Gavin dead !!! Lord Abeo what can we do ? Lord Abeo.... lord Abeo.....O no...run lady Sevti run...they kill all... O damned lady Syrawenn.............damned lady Syrawenn.."

It’s over.
She tried so hard to open her eyes, but nothing wanted to react the way she asked it to. She tried so hard to keep it up, to finish off Noir, yet her body betrayed her. Panting the young woman lay in the snow, little puddles forming where her heated face touched the snow.

It’s all over.

Someone lifts her up in the air. Disorientation sets in. Every bump is felt in her overly sensitive body. It has to be a horse, it’s gotta be a horse. It feels so bad that she wants to throw up, but her muscles are too weak to push anything out.

Echoes of voices. Laughter that makes shivers run through her. Words she cannot understand, remarks that translate into comments she does not wish to hear.
Dead.
All dead.
Noir has won and she’ll be stuck with him forever. Whatever he’ll do to her diminishes in the knowledge that Gavin…is dead. It is a pain which cannot be duplicated or topped. It crushes her innards and tears up her heart in tiny pieces. Somehow her limbs are not obeying. Panick grows at the complete helplesness. She is at his mercy…and somehow the woman is sure he will not make her forget.

Pain.
Nausea.
Waves taking her consciousness as Noir takes her to his home. She won’t get out this time. There is nobody left. She is alone.
Already her mind is searching for ways to escape in other ways. One unobserved moment and she can grab something sharp to end it. To end herself. To be with Gavin.

Another bump. The girl cries out involuntarily. How Noir must enjoy this, to have her as a kind of puppet on his horse.

Something sharp.
Her mind is reaching out for a lost memory.
For something sharp.
Her fingers flex. There is something in her hand. Still there…the knife she took from the guard. A knife! A chance! Noir will not have his victory. All he’ll have is a lot of bodies and a lot of explaining to do.
Through the pain she grins as she points the knife to herself.

Syrawenn mumbled incoherently, repeating names and words at random intervals. Sweat was running down her face while she trembled vehemently. The young woman jerked at every touch, still trying to somehow get away from whatever or whoever was restraining her. The knife was still locked in her hand, knuckles white from her grasp.

“G-Gavin…dead….all…dead…won’t…stay…Sevti run…run Abeo…dead…m-my fault…s-s-stupid.” Another convulsion knocked the breath right out of her. “Dead…all…d-dead…I'll f-f-follow…screw you, Noir…”

Her hand moved up, turning the knife towards herself.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber's mind was a frighteningly quiet place. It was as silent and cold as the wilderness beyond the fortress, and just as dark. She knew she was unconcious. Not asleep. No, her sleep for the past few years was always uneasy, always restless. This... this was peaceful. Silent, dark, cold. Just the way she liked it. But it wasn't sleep. She knew she wasn't sleeping. Her conciousness had shut down in an effort to spare her some of the pain. She couldn't feel it right now, couldn't feel the bruised hip and the possibly fractured ribs. Couldn't feel the burning pain in her muscles. That much right there told her she wasn't just asleep. But she liked it anyway. Silent, dark, cold. Just the way she liked it.

A scream sounded somewhere in the darkness, and she instinctively turned toward it. Only she didn't turn in a physical sense. She could feel her conciousness shifting its attention, although there was nowhere to really turn. There was no time or space or distance here, nothing physical. Just darkness. And the lingering echoes of that high-pitched scream.

The scream came again. It was a woman, probably fairly young, little more than a girl. The scream echoed again and again and again, and although she couldn't see anything, she knew that scream. It was the scream of a woman being dragged to her death. Literally hauled to her execution. She'd seen it happen a dozen times in the past few years. More often than not, she'd been the executioner. But that voice... that cry of complete fear... she recognized it.

Then came more sounds. The sounds of booted feet scraping at the gravelly earth, trying hard to hold their ground as someone was dragged forward. Scrambling and scraping, and more screams as the girl was dragged forward. The muttered curses of her guards, pulling and pushing. She fought hard, that young woman. In between her screams she was trying to bite the hands that held her. She could hear the click of her teeth as they snapped just short of the fingers wrapped around her wrists and arms. She'd seen it before. She recognized that fighting spirit, the very soul of one who was terrified nearly to death, but simply refused to give up and give in to that death. She recognized it.

Then came the sensations. First bitter cold, all around her, and she shivered as if she were naked. She couldn't even wrap her arms around herself. There was nothing physical here. But she could feel it all the same. But slowly, the air around her warmed, and along with the screams and the scraping of boots on the icy soil, she heard the crackle of flames. She recognized it.

Her conciousness flinched as light suddenly flared, the brilliant glitter of a thousand torches and braziers flickering with flame in the night. She almost wept for joy as she recognized the place. A raised stone platform, in the middle of a hidden clearing deep within the forest. A wide set of stairs with magnificently carved stone railings leading up to the top, where a large stone throne sat. All along the path leading the the stairs, all along the rails, all around the throne and the platform were torches and braziers. She recognized it.

It was the place she had come when she was officially accepted as a Royal Assassin. Each new assassin, each person that had passed the final tests, was brought here. Usually, their trainer and mentor was the one to pass to them the ceremonial dagger of their new place in the Empire. But that night had been different. That night, the Caesar himself had been present. He had heard of a special young woman that had proven herself faster than any other assassin in a hundred years before her. And what was more, she had shown exceptional loyalty, and undying ferocity when faced with those who would betray their ruler. He had come to pass the dagger to her himself. That night had looked just like this one, the darkness pushed back by a thousand eyes of light. She could see the Caesar rising from his throne, his armor glittering in the light of the flames, his robes magnificent. His eyes burning. That night... she recognized it.

Her gaze swung back to the path, where even now, a young woman was being led up the path. No, not led. Dragged. Pushed. Forced. She was fighting with all her might, her boots digging into the icy ground, her fingers bent into claws as she strained to pull away. Her shrill screams echoed again and again, but each time, the flames only flared around her and grew. Amber couldn't understand it. This woman was no prisoner. She was clad in the black robes and hood of a Royal Assassin. She had been accepted into their ranks, and was being honored by the Caesar himself! It should have been her happiest night. She she fought against it. That determination... she recognized it.

The young woman was shoved up the steps toward the waiting ruler, who was now standing before his throne, the ceremonial dagger glittering in his hands as he waited to give it to his newest servant. The woman was left standing on the steps just below him, and her guards retreated. She trembled like she wanted to run, but she couldn't. Her feet were frozen in place. Wordlessly, the Caesar held the dagger out to her, and after a moment's hesitation, one of the woman's hands rose, trembling, as if being forced to reach out. Her fingers clenched around it convulsively. She held it before her, screaming in pure agony as the blade flashed white, burning hot, but she couldn't let it go. She tried. She tried so hard. But it burned her, and she fell to her knees, all the while her screams growing louder and more agonized. As she knelt there screaming, Amber's conciousness shifted, and suddenly she was in the place of the Caesar, looking down on the kneeling, screaming young woman. The woman looked up, her face framed by her black hood... and Amber recognized it.

Locks of cinnamon hair fell past her ears on either side, accenting her fair skin, and her depthless pale green eyes. A smattering of freckles were scatterd across her cheeks, adding a soft, youthful look to a face that was otherwise strong and beautiful. The woman was crying, but where there should have been tears, there was blood. Rivulets of blood flowing down her cheeks and dripping from her jaw, smattering the ground as she screamed and screamed and screamed, her eyes wide with terror and revulsion. Amber recognized that face...

It was hers.

Her eyes snapped open. For a moment, they darted around the room, taking in her surroundings. She saw the warrior sitting next to her, but she said nothing. Her breasts heaved as she panted, trying to get her heart beat to return to normal, trying to push away the terror of her dream. The pain in her side came crashing back upon her, but she gritted her teeth and said nothing.

She closed her eyes again, but hoped she wouldn't sleep. She didn't want to see that girl... ever again.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”