One for all and all for One (closed) ~ Samheen 26th

Moderator: Mods

Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

With her back to the King, Yin was a witness as well to the fondling. He blushed, how could the King take such liberties. Yin really started to wonder about the King, and his worthiness to rule.

Then everything changed, a dragon appeared. Pink, dragons were not supposed to be pink, they were supposed to be green, or red, or black, nothing dangerous looking about a pink dragon. That was until she ate the girl. Yin blinked, it was Alex, from the darkness. She was a true woman, faithful and pure, this he knew from the time he spent with her.

He looked at the Queen and was about to tell her to leave when the King took her by the hand. He was fleeing too, along with all the others here. He asked Yin to stay and fight, with no armor, and just his sword. “By the power of the One I will do as commanded. If it is the will of the Avatar?” He looked at the dragon and then to the fleeing King. He could not help but follow his gaze to the red headed woman he knew was Tinnaly. She was in danger, and he knew it, but right now it was a matter of what is the more pressing danger.

He drew his sword with a sigh. “Dominicus, be with me now.” He whispered. “Please give me the power to defend the realm from this evil.” He turned to face the dragon, walking to the pink abomination slowly. It reminded him of the woman, the smell. It had to be her.

“Would you mind giving back the girl?” He asked politely to the great beast. He knew the response, but he had to ask.
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

The poor Achadhiel felt the floor tremble as the pink form changed into a dragon. Before she could react she was picked up from the ground. Her screams were blood curdling as she was tossed into the mouth of the pink dragon and swallowed whole. As soon as the mouth clamped shut, her screams were muffled than no more.

Her arms out, she felt the cushy dragon's innards and sighed softly as she tried to calm herself to not pass out. She imagined a protective bubble, a warm bubble engulf her as she lay down in the fetal position to collect herself. The sadness within her radiated in the darkness of the dragon's stomach.

The anger from the source that had ate her seemed to overwhelm her as she gulped for air. It was difficult to be comfortable and her slim arms started to untie the stays of her gown for movement. She tied the remains of her gown around her as she sat in her little bubble. I know dragons are supposed to be ferocious and hungry. It seems my current situation is a perfect example but how could this be real? Her eyes closed as she concentrated on the emotions that seemed to swell around her almost choking her.

"Rosalie? Are you really a dragon? Has your anger turned you into this?" Her own emotions seemed to play off of the dragon's, anger and sadness seemed to influence her as she hugged and rocked herself. "Selfish." She screamed it. "SO SELFISH! WHY ARE YOU SO SELFISH?!" She cried pathetically as she fought against the anger that was transferred from the dragon onto her. "I have to be manhandled by some perverted man who unfortunately has the title to a kingdom and now I am swallowed by a dragon? A dragon!?! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?" The strawberry smell was very strong being in the gut of the dragon. "I will NEVER learn to be like you. I will fight against people like you and him...I will fight...I will fight!" She became more unpleasant as she wriggled and kicked up against the walls of the dragon's gut. Her hands clawing at the dragon as her own air bubble became smaller.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The change was unexpected. It took the big man a couple of flickers to adapt. Moving away, he was one of the few people that did not panic. In fact an amused smile lingered on his lips as the stomp shook the ground. Crossing the arms before his chest, Gavin laughed. Head tossed back the sound of his laughter echoed through the hall as the pink lady raged. He almost felt alive once more. Pausing only to stare in surprise as Rosalie scooped Alexandrya up and ate her. Oh, this is just precious. Just bloody perfect. Oh, my God I never believed I will witness a day like this.

Bursting into laughter once more, the Dortman slapped his knee as tears streamed down his cheeks. He truly felt breathless, which was funny in itself seeing how he was not alive to begin with. His mind kept him around till now and his mind was having fun. The King ran out dragging the Queen behind him and it only brought in a fresh round of laughter. Pulling a chair behind him, he sat, crossing his legs and leaning back.

Yin's entrance was just perfect.This time Gavin managed to hold the laughter back, though a strange gurgling sound took its place. "Yeah, you evil jealous pink dragon. Give us our girl back. We demand it." There was no doubt he never meant that. Fixing the pink dragon's stare with his own, the former Advisor fell silent for a flicker or two. "You know my dear Rose this is a side of you I never saw. So much jealousy. Oh, forget that. Jealousy I saw already. I mean I never knew how faaa... erm, how much flesh you had. But, now I see why that is so. I mean eating people. That is not very healthy." He was provoking her to be sure. But, she could not hurt him. Not anymore.
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]

Post by Guest »

The pink dragon regarded Gavin with only casual interest. Obviously the human was laughing so much he'd almost laugh himself out of existance.
The dragon was a repitilian. It was cold of heart without much of the flutterings of the rest of the world. Nothing could touch its leathery hide. It burped again, shaking Alexandrya inside.

With a slap of its tail it slapped Gavin, not even giving a care if he was hurt enough to shut up. Obviously this was not simply Rose in a different form. It was a pink dragon with its own attitude. Something dreadful called forth the dragon, and it burned and killed. The pink tail swished.

Its amber eyes closed upon Yin with a grin. "Ah.. how nice.. virgin in a tin can. I do like variety. Now come.. play with me." Smoke came from its nostrils "No sillyness about giving back the girl, I'm already digesting her."
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin looked over at Gavin, he was not helping that was sure, and the attacks from the dragon did not seem to phase him at all. This was not normal, not by a long shot and the words of Tinnally came to him. She he trust in her words, or in what he was seeing.

“Fine then, if pleasantries will not appease you, lets see if steel will.” He rushed the dragon, his sword heal to the side and pointed behind him ready to block any attack she could throw, well, and except fire, he would have to hope he could dodge that.

He wondered if the knights of old would fight a pink dragon. He could still cut the woman out, if he was quick. He would really need to be blessed though; his sword was made in King’s Court, a good smith to be sure, but nothing so sharp as to cut through dragon hide. “Rosalie, we can see all that ugliness that was inside has come out. Now you will suffer the judgment of the One.” He prayed inside, prayed that he could do his duty, he could fill the needs of his god. Prayed hoping he could walk away from this as the victor.

Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

Rushing into dragons is at the best of times a rash action that young men attempt. Young men who never become old men. It was all in all a very paladin thing to do.

The dragon turned its slitted amber eyes upon the charging knight in tin. Then Yin, rushing head,normaly a rash action, bumed into the leathery dragon head first. It did not sit will. The dragon felt quasy, so just after dinner. It burped.

An airbell, achadhiel-shaped, left the pink dragon as it burped, obviously getting rid of things that did not serve it well. the airbell floated softly, hanging at jaws height before continuing its journey throught the awed and silenced ball room.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

The silver-haired achadhiel had started to kicked the inside of the dragon's stomach as she felt a bit of a jolt from the other side. She felt light as the airbell lifted and started to travel upwards. Oh gods, now what? She thought to herself as she clutched to her ruined dress and looked about as she suddenly saw light. "EEEeeeeeeee!!" She exclaimed with excitement. The slight form floated out of the dragon's mouth and she held her breath hoping the jaws of strawberry berry goodness did not clamp onto her person. Thankfully, the dragon did not learn that it was a good idea to chew before swallowing.

She gulped as she saw all the people below her and wrapped the remains of her dress around her body. At least she has that yummy corset to digest. The miffed achadhiel thought to herself as bubble slowly floated away from the dragon. She felt slimy and slightly moist as someone that has just been burped probably felt. Her hair was undone and hanging down her back wild and damp. Her gown was in tatters as if she had tied the skirts together like a sarong, the corset left behind and the color pink tie dyed into the remaining dress and even her hair was looking a little pink. The whiff of strawberries from the gaseous release also enveloped Alexandrya as she floated up to a certain point and became suspended for a half a burn. She groaned before it even began, she felt the downward plummet as her little airbubble popped and she started to fall from the ground. "WATCH OUUUUUT!!" She screamed, but she realised it would be better if she could land on something or someone to break her fall. Unfortunately, that someone was Yin. "OOOoouumph!" Air expelled from her lungs as she fell on top of the poor Paladin and she promptly passed out.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin did not expect the dragon to act the way it was as he charged. It looked sick, as if it would… he did not want to think about it. Perhaps he was getting the blessing he needed.

When the woman came out, he was relieved, she looked mostly unhurt, the clothes seemed more damaged then she was. She was floating, but only for a moment, then started to fall. Yin switched tactics, he dropped the sword and tried to grab the girl. What he succeeded in doing was stopping the girls fall, but they were both on the floor now. His fall to the floor was not as graceful as her’s, the hard floor was not as relenting as his body was, and his head clapped against the marble floor.

He looked at Alex to see if she was ok, seeing she was alive, just passed out he put a hand to the side of his head. He was bleeding from a split on the side of his head just above his eye where the bone is thick and the skin is thin.

He picked Alex up, and started to run for the balcony. He stopped mid floor remembering his sword was still laying at the foot of the dragon. He looked at the blade, and the enormous beast, then made his choice. He would have better luck outside then in here, at least outside there was a garden to hide in.

Most of the crowd was gone, filtering out the exits to the front gate of the castle. Yin ran to the balcony, turning to hit the glass paned door with his shoulder to get out.

Rosalie Marcada
Baroness Marcada, Ambassador World's Mouth

Post by Rosalie Marcada »

The Pink Dragon did not feel well. It... hung around as action was all around it, trying to concentrate. It wanted to eat Gavin, but ghosts did not taste like anything.

Alexandrya came out through the air bubble and when she did the dragon roared. It clearly didn't intent that to happen. Yin took up the girl, dragging her to the garden. Glass shattered. When he stood on the balcony, ready to jump, he realized the girl was no longer there.

Indeed Alexandrya felt her self spinning through a vortex, glass shards all around her.

Meanwhile the dragon moved forward a large claw reaching out. When it did not find the girl, it grabbed for the virgin instead. Yin would have only a split flicker.

OOC: edited confused, badly spelled and crossposted post. Alexandrya, you may now post in Roque.
Last edited by Rosalie Marcada on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=84][color=darkred]This character has resigned and is now a NPC.[/color]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The tail did manage to strike the deceased Advisor. It even managed to slam him into wall. Yet, the pain was not there. The physical pain at least. He was up and about in a flicker. And he saw the entire sorry charge of the soon-to-be-deceased paladin. Shaking his head Gavin waited to see a grisly death scene. Burned to death? Eaten alive? Squashed?

He was caught completely by surprise when Yin slammed into Rosalie-as-dragon's head. And then she burped. Burped a girl. Once more he was laughing so hard it felt like the top of his head would fall off. Like his sides would burst. When the girl landed on Yin, the big man, or rather a ghost of a big man, literally fell on his butt unable to stop his laughing. Aetherial tears streamed down his cheeks as he gasped for a breath he did not need.

"Oh.....haha.... this is just precious......haha.....She gave you indigestion..... Can't say......haha.... I did not......haha.....warn you......." Noticing Alexandrya's state of undress, he burst into another fit, still sitting upon the ground. "Oh, my....." Wiping the tears with one hand the late Dortman, clamed down a bit. "I see..... you digested her corset. Wood is better.... for....oh, my... for your stomach. I would say tummy, but you are no longer a cute little girl."

Oh, he was aware he was only fueling her rage further. He knew that he was endangering others. But, it was just so damn funny, and he could not help it. He did feel a bit sorry for Yin as he dragged the girl to the balcony. He even waved her goodbye as she vanished, a silly grin splitting his face. Leaning closer, the phantom of a warrior waited to see what would happen next. To see what will amuse him the most.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Breaking through the glass was not expected. He hoped the door would swing open. The shards of glass rushed by him as he tried to keep his footing, he stumbled at first, then kept on going. His arm burned with a deep slash from some of the broken glass, his nice clothing was cut and ripped and little slashes and small cuts were all over his body.

When he got to the railing he realized he was not carrying the girl anymore. He looked back and saw her vanishing, and the dragon charging. Yin did the only thing he could do. He leapt over the balcony to the garden below.

Jayla

Post by Jayla »

Appearing in a corner was a young achadhiel woman. Auburn curls framed her face, her hazel eyes taking in the scene before her. Clutched tightly in her hand was a plain sack, bulging slightly with hidden treasures. She watched silently as a man jumped from the balcony, escaping from... a large pink dragon? People around her were fleeing, and a large man was in... tears? It took her a moment to realize they were tears of laughter. What the nether...?

The girl had no idea how she got here, nor where she would go. All that was certain was that she wanted to get out of this room. Now. Pink dragons, hysterical men, and people jumping off of balconies really weren't the girl's forte. Readjusting her grip on the bag, she started to walk as softly as she could behind the dragon and out the nearest exit.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Off the balcony in a rush.
Glass swirling and twirling in a solid imitation of water.

ROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The dragon charged through the doors. The balcony was ill equipped to handle such a creature and gave way, crumbling under the pink dragonesses talons.

Behind the pink myth the entire castle shuddered in aftershocks from the bellowing and slowly...but surely things changed. Mortar falling. Bricks crumbling. Windows shattering.
The tower
coming
down

Jayla only had the warning of a strange shudder through the floor before the chandelier came down and people started screaming. One man had already chosen the balcony over anything else, yet that place was occupied by the huge, pink dragon. People were cramming against the doors -which opened inwards- hence effectively locking themselves in! There were other windows, just about to burst with the pressure of the ceiling coming down. Catty servants hissed and ran, several disappearing in a poof of fur.

Yin was spared most of the flurry as he rolled down on the grass to have the building collapse behind him in a roar that bested the dragon’s last cry. Dark clouds of smoke and dust rose up, colouring the moon a blood red. The ground shook once more and then it was silent.

Very silent.

Fluttering?
The fluttering of wings, somewhere in the dark skies. Or were those remainders of the draperies?
Last edited by Syra on Mon May 08, 2006 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

He rolled for a bit on the soft cool grass, the roar of the building behind him as it crashed to the ground. Dust and chunks of rock chased him as he tumbled on the green manicured lawn. He could feel every cut and bruise as he tumbled across the greenery. His arm flared with pain as he rolled on it, his thigh ached from when he hit the ground, and his head throbbed from when he hit the marbled floor. From head to toe he was hurting and aching.

He stopped rolling and lay in the grass, watching the moon go red with the dust and debris. “If this was a dream, I should wake up now.” He thought as he lay in the grass aching. For a moment he did not want to get up, but to stay there, laying down in the grass, just let go and be free.

Death was not his choice, he reminded himself, it was for the One to choose his death, and for him to keep going. Would Sir Lionell given up at Mount Sinter against the desert hords? No, he fought to the last man. Yin slowly rolled to his side and pulled himself up from the ground, looking back at what was the castle. He had not expected that much destruction. The dust and dirt started to collect in the wet blood that leaked from his open wounds. He blinked to get some blood from his eye that was starting to drip down now that he stood up.

He wondered if the dragon survived, or of the poor woman was dead under all that rock. If the dragon did, he was deep in the mire. He had no armor, he did not even have a sword now and was wounded. His legs pounded against him running, his thigh ached deeply and he wondered if he could even hobble quickly. So far, he had managed to lose all he owned, and be left with a bunch of ripped up tattered bloody rags he wore now.

He could not see past the rubble, the King was sure to have made it out. Yin waited still, to see if any survived the collapse, and if any needed help.

Syra

Post by Syra »

Ruins where once had stood a proud castle.
Silence where once sounded laughter.

It was getting darker.
Ridiculous, for it was already night. Yet, it was. One by one the stars blinked out. The moon was being obscured by an ominous cloud. The smell of fresh grass had vanished in the dust and decay of the destruction in front of Yin.

Not a breeze of wind, yet the clouds moved with remarkable speed. The moon disappeared completely, leaving only a red haze up in the skies. It was mirrored in the rubble where fires had started to consume whatever was left.

Angry red flames licked at their prey. Two eyes, burning as coal, blinked to life in their midst. A shadow rose until it took up at least eight feet of height. Broad shouldered -if a shadow could indeed have shoulders- rolled back and forth as a clawed hand took a little velvet pouch out of the ruins. The pouch glowed a pure white, as if wanting to protect itself against the shadows that touched it.

To no avail: a booming laugh came from the creature of darkness as it's fist closed around the pulsating pouch. Glowing eyes surveyed the surroundings and locked...
On Yin.

A toothy grin followed.

[/size]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

The night got darker, as if the nether was swallowing the land and everything around Yin. Shadows became darker as the light went out from the heavens. It could have been the dust from the building, but somehow, Yin did not think so. With the fires flickering around, burning what was not stone and mortar, the place looked like the nether. The landscape was rough and broken, ruined, and no sound of pleasure was to be heard, but moaning and sadness.

Yin felt his flesh grow chill and inside he tightened up. He looked at the darkness, then the two points of light, like red hot candle flames, burst into view. He stared at them, knowing this was the dragon, still alive. Of course, it would take more then a building to kill such evil. You cannot just bury evil, you must vanquish it, it always finds a way back otherwise.

He could not see the ground around him, his surrounding were all dark and undefined. He could not see where the rubble was, or the broken glass or the trees in the garden and bushes, and statues. Without knowing what was around him, fleeing from the creature would not be wise.

He had no weapon, but he could not flee. He looked back at the red eyes. His feet moved under him, taking a fighting stance. He had no choice but to fight. His hands lifted, ready to fight, his heart raced and he tried to steady his fear.

He tasted blood and bile in his mouth, and the fear twisted inside him like a coil being turned too tight. He wanted to retch, but there was nothing to expel. He focused, tried to push the fear back. Fear was the killer, it made the mind weak and primitive. When a person was mired in fear they could not see strait, or think. A Knight had to stay above the fear, like a ship staying above the water. If he let it overtake him, he would die.

His rational mind spoke, he was dead, he knew this, fighting it was nothing a mortal man could do. “Darkness my cover me, above and below, on all sides, and my enemy may over whelm me and take my life. You cannot defeat me though, for I have the One as my god, and he will receive me when I die.” He tightened his fists, ready to fight. His god was with him, even in the jaws of the nether. “I do not fear you, and I do not fear my own death. So come, and we can finish this.”

His good arm was back, and his hurt one forward to help block any slashes with claws the creature may try. His legs were bent slightly, ready to spring and spread wide for a good balance.

He tried to calm himself, ready to fight the creature, inflict as much ruin on it as he could. He made the sign of the One and held a prayer close to his heart.

Jayla

Post by Jayla »

No time! Jayla thought before making a mad dash for one of the nearby windows. Throwing her hands before her face, still clutching tightly to her bag, she threw herself through the glass and prayed that it wasn't far to the ground.

She hit the grass much sooner than she had expected, rolling to a stop several feet from crumbling building.

"By the One, that hurt!" she mumbled to herself, rubbing her bruised arm absently. She looked around her in time to see the castle crumble into ruins. As the dark shadow rose, the pinpoints of bright red glowing in the darkness, Jayla shivered with cold. Where the nether AM I?

A look around her made her shiver once more, this time with fear. Am I in the nether? The red haze that surrounded her. The death and decay. She was convinced of it. She'd been brought to the Nether and only one reason came to mind. Oh, Dominicus, I'll never steal again! I swear on you most high. I'll even return this to the Lady and find some other way out of Roque, if you'll just release me from here.

While the achadhiel was sending her selfish prayers to her God, she heard a voice ring out in the darkness near her. She squinted, trying to make out who stood there. She thought it was the same man that had thrown himself off of the balcony, but she couldn't be sure.

As he spoke, she could tell he was a True Believer. Maybe he is the one that Dominicus has sent to lead me out of here, Jayla thought desperately. Even if he's not, I can't let him throw his life away trying to fight Her eyes darted back to the malevolent shape in the gloom. THAT.

Without thinking, she rose and ran toward the man. "Don't!" she screamed at him. "It will kill you!" She aimed low, trying to tackle him below the knees before the dragon had a chance to strike.
Last edited by Jayla on Mon May 15, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

He was ready to die, he was prepared. He faced the shadow of the demon and gritted his teeth. His heart beat in his chest like a war drum, but his mind was calm and focused. He watched the shadows, looking for darker shadows, or lighter, anything to tell the form and the movement of the beast.

He heard something, a voice. The words came to him, but his mind did not unscramble them. He could just tell it was a voice, and it was behind him. He looked over his shoulder for a split second and saw the diving shape.

If his leg was not hurting, if his arm was not resisting being used, he would have shifted weight and tried to block the girl, but all he could to was turn just a little so when she hit he did not land on his head again.

She took his feet right out from under him, and he landed in a heap with her as they tumbled down a slope into a hedge that stopped their rolling. He looked down at the woman, he could hardly make out her features in the dim light. It must have been Tinally. “Where have you been. They are looking for you, because of what you have. We have to get you out of here. Get it someplace safe.” He groaned as he tried to move, listening for the dragon. “She could be in the air by now, so we have to watch ourselves. They did not catch you did they? The King was very miffed about you.” He told her, slowly trying to get his feet under him.

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Instincts left over from when he was still an Advisor saved Gavin. Dodging debris he ran for the window. Luckily it was already broken when he jumped through. There was pain. This is new. Pain..... He did not finish that thought as his head crashed into a piece of wood and sent him spiraling into darkness. Ghosts did not feel pain. Nor did they fall unconscious. Lucky for him Gavin was unable to think.

Lucky for him when he awoke, the armor was back. So was his sword. A familiar voice. And a familiar landscape. Oh SHIT. Bloody perfect. Nether again. This will be fun. Lowering his body, Gavin scanned the surroundings for danger. There was none. Only voices coming from behind a pile of rubble. Pulling the sword out slowly, he made his way there. Yin? Here? He did not move very silently. He did try to. Creeping closer, the sight he saw was a surprise. It was Yin alright. And he was tangled with a girl. You naughty boy, you. Pity I have to interrupt, but this is not the right place for such endeavors. But, way to go Yin

Creeping slowly away, this time he did put much care into silence. Once he was sufficiently distant, the big man rose and strode around the rubble to where the pair was. He made quite a ruckus so they would have time to notice his approach and prepare for his arrival. Him and Yin parted rather badly the last time they met. Gavin did not need to escalate that any further. If there was any similarity between this and his previous visit to this place, he would need all the help he could get. And that meant Yin and the girl.
Jayla

Post by Jayla »

The man seemed to know her, but she was certain, now that she was close enough to make out his features, that she'd never seen him before in her life. "What I have?" she asked. She glanced at the bag she still held tightly in her hand. Just what did I take from the Mistress? I always thought it was just a dress, a cloak and some shoes. What could be special about that?

The man groaned below her, trying to move. The achadhiel lass blushed when she realized just how compromising her position atop him was and quickly, she rolled away from him.

She held a hand out to help the man to his feet as he spoke about someone catching her, and the King being upset. What does the KING have to do with this dress?! What the nether have I gotten myself into?

"N... no," she stammered. "I don't think anyone even knew I had it. Or... I didn't think anyone did. I didn't even know I had it. Is that what the dragon is after?" She glanced nervously over her shoulder, hearing something approach them from behind the pile of rubble. I didn't know a dragon could wear a dress...
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Yin stood up with a grimace after she got off of him. He did not bother with what position they were in, just that no matter what was happening, it hurt. He tried to see through the pain, finding his feet as he did. “I do not think that is what the dragon is after. You would know the dragon better then I, because it is a woman, Roasalie to be exact. Or at least it was her, I do not know now.”

He looked over and saw Gavin approaching. “I suppose you find this humorous as well.” He quipped as the man approached. “Will your sword do much, or is that some wraithly weapon as well and will pass right through her?”

He looked around, everything was still dark, finding their way out would still be a task, but now they were at the edge of the gardens and rubble from the castle would be less of a threat. He looked up and listened for the beat of the leathery wings, or stomping of her large feet. “There should be a way out of here, some sort of garden gate, or a place to get over the wall. If nothing else, the trees in the garden may give us cover from her view until morning.”

He looked at Jayla. “We should get going.” He looked at Gavin. “Any advice in dealing with this mess you have made?”

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

It was not easy to confuse Gavin. He had confusion experts for friends and he was trained to deal with confusion. Heavily trained. Going right over the wraithly weapon comment. Must be the stress and anger. He will get over it. probably. If not then I'll just ignore him. "Mess I made. Scuse me. I got banged over the head a while back, so I don't recall what happened very clearly. I can however help with this situation." That he could do. This place was familiar. And that was not a pleasant thought.

"In case you are wondering where we are. This is the Nether. Or Hell if you prefer. I've been here before and I can tell you that the smartest course of action is to leave immediately. Some weapons might be smart. And armor." Checking the horizon the big man nodded towards the pair. "The problem is, we can't get away without magick. Does either of you know how to use magick. Cause if you don't you better start walking, cause you need help from locals. That is not something you want."

He did not say we on purpose. Yin seemed aggressive. Gavin would join them only if they requested it. Otherwise he would seek a way out himself. It might even be safer that way. The young paladin tended to get theatrical at time, and that was really dangerous at a place like this. Here one needed to be practical and very, very, very careful. Frankly, the tall Dortman was not sure Yin could be either.
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

What Gavin said stopped Yin dead. His face went white and he suddenly felt very weak. His knees gave way and he fell to them, then to his hands, looking at the ground under him. “You do not remember any of it?”

He could hear it in the voice when Gavin spoke. He had no idea. “You do not remember the Monestary, the people who died there. You do not remember the woods, and torturing her,” He looked at Jayla. “to get the shard of Balthazar’s soul. You do not remember our fight, or the ball, or the new king?” he said this weakly, feeling the foundation his sanity stood on slipping away like sand being hit by the oceans waves. “All this time, it was not the aether, like you thought, Tinally.” He looked at Jayla. “We are in the neather. That means it is the neather that wants the soul of Balthazar. They want part of our Avatar.”

His mind was working out the kinks, trying to realign to what he had just learned. His eyes seemed to focus on the ground again, the dark green of the grass and the deep crimson of where his blood has smeared on the lawn. “Tinally knows magic. I have no armor or weapon.” He stood again, still feeling drawn and tired. His belly ached for food and his body ached for sleep, or death, he did not know what.

“We need to get her out of here. The shard cannot be left here. If the neather was able to taint Balthazar’s soul…” he did not finish the sentence, the sheer thought of it made him ill.

He pondered the words of the scriptures “I know the hour of thy death, fear not my servant, for it shall not be a flicker sooner.” He whispered the passage to remind himself of what his calling was.

His green eyes set on Jayla, trying to look confidant and secure. “Gavin, if you know how to get us out of here, I would be grateful for you to tell us. Tinally, do you think you could get us out, if he told you how?”

Syra

Post by Syra »

A gust of hot wind and the sound of heavy wings taking off!

Obviously whatever shadow had grinned at Yin had no intention at all at eating him or otherwise terminate his existance. All it did was bellow a victorious roar as it soared up into the dark skies with the faint, blue glow safely in it's claws.

The destruction was complete with the powerful strokes of it's wings shattering the remains of the once proud castle. A glimpse of a pink, leathery scale could be detected under massive amounts of brick and rocks, finalizing the whereabouts of the elusive dragonette.

As the sounds disappeared the voices of those left behind seemed awefully loud in the new silence.

CRRRaaaacck

The last flagpole gave up, the colourful cloth twirling down and acquiring a new shade of red in the suspicious pool underneath the broken tower.

Something was missing.

The universe was lacking.

Of what?

Surely there was enough rubble and corpses to go around. Here and there leftover pieces of people and equipment lingered as a nasty reminder of what had transpired. The survivors might well want to count their blessings next to their bruises -for that was truly the worst they had suffered for some unknown reason.

Up in the distance a nasty red glow pulsated, as if mocking their very existance.

[/size]
Yin Lorin
Retired staff

Post by Yin Lorin »

Even as he spoke it, it happened. The words dripped like venom from his lips and they came to be. His heart sunk and he felt hollow as the light flew away. “We cannot leave.” He said solemly.

He looked at Jayla. “You are not Tinally.” It dawned on him. He looked at the rubble. He had found her in rubble when the monestary blew up. He started to hobble quickly to the place the dragon rose from, looking for anything that remained of the girl.

He looked back at the two. “I need to recover the shard. Then we can go.” He wished he had his sword, and that his wounds were healed. Wishing would not help him though. He searched for the girl, and any weapon he could find.

“I would like your help, if I could have it. I cannot do this on my own.” He asked, stopping in his search, to wait their reply.

Return to “Erulzat Archives”