Dreams of Awakening - The Day After Samheen 27th

Moderator: Mods

Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Dreams of Awakening - The Day After Samheen 27th

Post by Brytan »

Samheen 27th - Gravetide

You wake from restless slumber, your dreams a blur as you sit up to gauge your surroundings. The tent is a mess, rickety and unstable it’s hides and covers flutter in the gravetide breeze. The last tremor having wreaked havoc upon the town, it’s effects were visible everywhere even though initial repairs had been made.

As you look around you see the tent is empty, an eerie silence covering it’s surroundings broken once by something brushing along the tent outside. The location of the sound is uncertain, shadows moving along the outside in what little light remains of the central cooking fire.

A feeling of uneasiness comes over you as you wake more. You feel empty, deserted. Something is missing but you can not explain what it is.

“AAAH, MOTHER HAVE MER…”

Gargling sounds, claws tearing through flesh and the grinding of bone cut the cry short, the voice dieing away. Shadows painting a dreadfull scene against the coverings of the tent the flames die in a final attempt to break the darkness of the village, the darkness of the night. The darkness of your soul…
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Catherine Durenne

Post by Catherine Durenne »

The blonde woman opened her eyes and looked around carefully. "What is happening?" She shuddered when her emotions ran amock. The feeling of being deserted was entirely new to Catherine. She never had any problems with being alone, sure there had been times when she had felt a little lonely but nothing like this. No, this feeling was different.

"It is almost as if a part of me is missing," she thought as she rose.

“AAAH, MOTHER HAVE MER…”

She froze in place for a moment: "What in the name of the Mother...." The sounds did nothing to encourage her to investigate. But sitting in this tent and remain silent was not a very good idea as well. Tentatively she opened to flap of the tent and stepped outside, balancing on the balls of her feet and scanning the area for the origin of the sounds she had heard.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Her tent was...out of place. Or so it seemed at least. It's surroundings very much different from what they usually were. Mild snow came falling gently from the heavens, the area around the tent being a picture of pure white. A chill breeze had replaced the cool winds that usually worked their way around the subtropical island. Catherine's feet touching cold and sinking into the snow deep, the open toes of the shoes leaving her skin to the elements.

A little further down there was another disturbance in the snow, a gap of darkness in the shining white cover that had engulfed her surroundings. The snow started to cover a set of tracks leading away from the gap, but were too far away to distinguish in just the light of the overhead moon.

A tremor shot through the ground as Catherine stood to take in the scene, somewhere in the distance the snapping of trees and the crumbling of rock could be heard.

Sounds of the past? Or sounds of the future?
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Catherine Durenne

The kit shuddered and instinctively pulled back her foot as it first touched the snow. With curiosity she looked at the cold white substance the covered the ground. The time that snow had fallen upon the Isle had been precious few and never had it fallen as thick as now. The few times that it had snowed she had felt good, as if part of her belonged in the cold. And then there was the place in her dreams: That cold, white place which winds played a song over a wide plain...

Shaking her head she stepped forward into the snow the cold seeping into her body. She put the cold aside for the moment as she walked closer to the darkness ahead. The white landscape intrigued her and the dark blotch in the snow spiked her curiosity. "What might it be? What is happening?"
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

As Catherine walked out into the snow, the cold was immediate and inescapably wrapped around her. It gnawed on her senses, being used to the mild climate of Ursa Etheria for so long now, the cold of the white powder beneath and around her felt like a thousand needles pricking her skin, pushing inward to freeze her very core.

The dark blotch on the ground was rather large, a liquid of sorts. Fresh, as it had not yet frozen over. On closer inspection the liquid turned out to be fresh blood, the configuration of the blotch indicating someone may have lay here for some time bleeding. An indentation in the snow, covered almost entirely again already by fresh snowfall seemed to suggest the same.

Checking the surrounding area, the tracks were better visible to her feline eyes in the moonlight. It's reflection on the snow almost blinding should she stare into it for long. The tracks seemed to tread off into the distance, towards a small brush of pines on the slope of a low hill.

Catherine Durenne

The tall woman shuddered as the cold shot through her. "I should go back... This is not a good time to be out and about..." she thought worried. But her curiousity won from her worries. As it became clear what the dark blotch was blood. "What in the name of Ursa happened here? No... what IS happening here?" the kit wondered as she scanned the surroundings. The blood didn't made her recoil, deep inside she was a predator after all, but it did worry her...

When she found the tracks she followed them, taking great care to move silently. "Something is not right... Not right at all...", the feeling that something was missing grew stronger and made Catherine even more uneasy.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The snow was foreign to Catherine. The blood familiar. It's scent would have stirred her Inner Animal usually as it had done on countless hunts before this one, but this time there was nothing. She felt only her own thoughts, heard the breaking of branches and twigs in front of her.

The wind picked up, the scent of blood was in the air. Whatever was leaving the trail was not far ahead.

Suddenly...a shadow bolted in through the trees, it's shape hidden in the wall of snow now falling from the heavens. It's shape low to the ground, a snarl escaped it's fanged mouth before it pounced towards Catherine. She only had a flicker to react.

Catherine Durenne

The lack of response from the animal spirit within her troubled the kit. It had always been there, a companion deep inside her that always stood beside her. Her pulse quickened when there were signs that she was closing in. Her sharp senses focussed on the world around her, searching for any danger from around. But even the excellent sensory perception that all Kanthrop were gifted with detected the danger that came at her as a shadowy streak. "What..."

Although she wasn't as schooled in the more physical arts as most Kanthrops she did have some training in using her body as a weapon. Her feline eyes had narrowed and a slight growl rose from deep within her throat as the kit's animalistic instincts and trained reflexes took over. She took a dive and rolled out of the path of her attack, to come back up in a fighting stance.
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

OOC: My apologies. This thread keeps eluding my attention.

As Catherine came up to fight, the shape already had taken another jump and knocked her down to the ground, holding her against the snowy landscape with mighty paws of white and gray. A snow leopard gazed into her eyes with familiar eyes. Catherine's feeling of emptyness explained. Her animal spirit in front of her, now above her. Jaws spread open and ready to clasp around her throat, the feral creature seemed to wait.

The snow kept falling and with it words seemed to fall into Catherine's conciousness.

Do you wish to be free?

Return to “Erulzat Archives”